• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

My prospect pool just got a lot stronger. Offered the max to a few 2-ways, got:

(C) Rask
(G) Brossoit
(D) Yuen
(LW) Ranford --- seen this kid play live, so this is pretty cool

And some depth:

(G) Leclaire --- enjoy the AHL, Gus
(C) Christensen
(RW) Cheechoo
(LW) O'Sullivan

Congrats. 11 offers, last I saw. What'd you offer him?
FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOU

Smiley, you are a dick

I have matched Dale Weises offer sheet, consider me a hostile GM going forward

5b2470d0462ba5b8fdafaccfa061.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'd like to get rid of Doan / Briere + Prospects / picks for some depth signings, for those interested.

MacAttack

Signed Jagr and Ryder. All the vets are flocking to my team for one last shot at the Cup.

This leaves me with serious depth at wing.

Matt Read (79ovr 20G 29A last season)and Vic Stalberg (81 11G 17A in 32 games last season) are on the block.

Lars Eller is also on the block. 4 star potential playmaker, 81 OVR, 29 G 23 A in 82 games.

Im looking for a top 4 d-man.

Cake Boss

Banned
Looking for a scoring winger. Even though he only scored 40 points Iginla was still a top 6 player, need to replace him.

Have a bunch of prospects.

Also looking for an OFD for a one for one trade for either Girardi or Bieksa or Philips. All DFD.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Whelp:

How many times must you mislead me, Smiley!? Held off on making offers to most UFAs since I didn't think we could go over.

Trust me, in this case I'm as confused as you are. Usuallt UFA's would turn down your offers saying you have no cap space for them oO. I have no idea how this came to be oO

Now I feel like a real jerk, esp since I think the game restricts what you can offer players based on how much cap you have left, it makes no sense I'm over the cap. I'll just stop answering questions, that'll make everyone (esp Milly) happier.

Signed Jagr and Ryder. All the vets are flocking to my team for one last shot at the Cup.

This leaves me with serious depth at wing.

Matt Read (79ovr 20G 29A last season)and Vic Stalberg (81 11G 17A in 32 games last season) are on the block.

Lars Eller is also on the block. 4 star potential playmaker, 81 OVR, 29 G 23 A in 82 games.

Im looking for a top 4 d-man.

I have been interested in Read, but I have no idea who I would give up on my roster for him.

Smiley90

Oh yeah, it was Calgary.

Was I suppose to do that?

No that's perfect, if it was human that'd be a problem, if the AI doesn't wanna match that's their problem. Really the only issue with CPU trades IMHO are any kind of player-for-pick trades, because they're usually usually unrealistic salary dumps :p

Smiley90

Columbus trading block update:

Brule (79 SNP C, 3.5star, 26years)
Kostitsyn (81 SNP LW, 4star, 26years)
Galiardi (82 TWF LW, 3.5star, 25years)
Clarkson (80 GRN RW, 3.5star, 29years)

Moore (76 OFD, 4star, 22years)
Smid (81 DFD 4star, 27)
Kindl (78 TWD, 4star, 26)
Ranger (79 DFD, 3star, 28)
Fistric (79 DFD, 4star, 27)
Burke (51 G, 4star, 18)

For a higher price I'm also willing to look into trading the following:

Anisimov (84 PLY C, 4star, 25)
Murray (63 TWD, 4.5star, 19)
Karlsson (87 OFD, 4.5star, 23)

Pretty much everyone not listed here but Seguin and Kessel I'm willing to talk about too, if need be.

Looking for:

4.5star/1st line LW.
4star/2nd line RW.
4/4.5star prospects, 1st round picks.

[SPOILER]:)[/SPOILER][/QUOTE]
That was neither a question nor advice... I was just worried offer sheets were broken, but it's all good. -snip-

Columbus trading block update:

Brule (79 SNP C, 3.5star, 26years)
Kostitsyn (81 SNP LW, 4star, 26years)
Galiardi (82 TWF LW, 3.5star, 25years)
Clarkson (80 GRN RW, 3.5star, 29years)

Moore (76 OFD, 4star, 22years)
Smid (81 DFD 4star, 27)
Kindl (78 TWD, 4star, 26)
Ranger (79 DFD, 3star, 28)
Fistric (79 DFD, 4star, 27)
Burke (51 G, 4star, 18)

For a higher price I'm also willing to look into trading the following:

Anisimov (84 PLY C, 4star, 25)
Murray (63 TWD, 4.5star, 19)
Karlsson (87 OFD, 4.5star, 23)

Pretty much everyone not listed here but Seguin and Kessel I'm willing to talk about too, if need be.

Looking for:

4.5star/1st line LW.
4star/2nd line RW.
4/4.5star prospects, 1st round picks.

That was neither a question nor advice... I was just worried offer sheets were broken, but it's all good. -snip-

Are you trying to actually win in this league? Or are you looking to maybe finish in the conference finals in a simmed season after we all stop playing and NHL 14 is out :p

Smiley90

Are you trying to actually win in this league? Or are you looking to maybe finish in the conference finals in a simmed season after we all stop playing and NHL 14 is out :p

Hey, I'm okay with my team, I just need that first line LW. :p I have 8 top6 d-men though... No harm in making my team more balanced. I feel good about the next 2 seasons for my team, no harm if no trade happens. :p

Socreges

Banned
Code:
         TYPE  OVR   CAP  YRS END  AGE  [POTENTIAL]

[b]Laakso[/b]    DFD  80  $2.575  2  UFA  25   [3 star yellow]
Just wanting a pick or prospect in return.

So can we do trades with the AI since some human teams are now AI controlled? I have a fair trade lined up (yes it is pretty decent) and was wondering, guess I will do it and have Marvie look at it to see if he thinks it will work. It isn't anything bad, a (75OV, 26 yo, D-man for a 75OV, 28 yo, forward and a 7th).

edit: the trade is with Pits because they were human controlled but are now AI.

Socreges

Banned
So can we do trades with the AI since some human teams are now AI controlled? I have a fair trade lined up (yes it is pretty decent) and was wondering, guess I will do it and have Marvie look at it to see if he thinks it will work. It isn't anything bad, a (75OV, 26 yo, D-man for a 75OV, 28 yo, forward and a 7th).

edit: the trade is with Pits because they were human controlled but are now AI.
I think so long as you make sure it fits the CPU team's needs and is something you would do (or Marvie would do) if you were on the other side, why not.

I think so long as you make sure it fits the CPU team's needs and is something you would do (or Marvie would do) if you were on the other side, why not.

Ok, it did, the player I wanted was marked red, and the player I traded was marked green (meaning both were on the lists of players people were willing to trade and wanted)

It was pretty much a depth defenseman for a depth winger.

Socreges

Banned
Ok, it did, the player I wanted was marked red, and the player I traded was marked green (meaning both were on the lists of players people were willing to trade and wanted)
Ehhh, that's meaningless. The AI's trading blocks and needs aren't advanced well enough so it doesn't guarantee that it's actually an appropriate trade for that team.

Johanson is still up for trade if anyone is interested. He'll made a great 2lineC, but he's not going to have the opportunity at all to develop on my roster.

Looking for young prospects that aren't NHL-ready. Potentially a 1st round pick.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I looked at your roster, and I didn't see anything I would consider giving Hall up for Smiley.

Socreges

Banned
Ouch, Red_Man

That's like someone sending a pm to a girl on Facebook and she replies on your wall "I'm not interested in going for coffee - you're too ugly"

go ahead, marvie

On that note, preseason starting tonight? Season tomorrow? is that the plan?
If the season starts tomorrow, do teams over the cap have to bring it under before tonight or tomorrow night's sim? Is there any way of even enforcing that? Would kind of break the game if you could just shuffle 1-way guys down to the minors (in order to get under the cap) without having to worry about waivers or anything.

I think Smiley and wsoxfan are the only ones who went over the cap accidentally. Some kind of CBZ conspiracy in here.

Ouch, Red_Man

That's like someone sending a pm to a girl on Facebook and she replies on your wall "I'm not interested in going for coffee - you're too ugly"

go ahead, marvie

If the season starts tomorrow, do teams over the cap have to bring it under before tonight or tomorrow night's sim? Is there any way of even enforcing that? Would kind of break the game if you could just shuffle 1-way guys down to the minors (in order to get under the cap) without having to worry about waivers or anything.

I think Smiley and wsoxfan are the only ones who went over the cap accidentally. Some kind of CBZ conspiracy in here.

I'm under cap last I checked

If they do any shenanigans to get under the cap, or if they are not able to get under the cap then they should forfeit draft picks

Revenant

I'm under cap last I checked

If they do any shenanigans to get under the cap, or if they are not able to get under the cap then they should forfeit draft picks

I'm sure people have the same issue where I got young players who have 2 million dollar a year contracts who have low ratings that are on one ways, for instance, my team automatically stored two players 2 mil and one around 1 mil in the minors, one was 74 and 76. I didn't even notice they were one way contracts until this offseason. the Draft loads you up with contracts and it'll take a couple seasons to actually grow your team the way you want. for instance next season I have a lot more people coming off the books, to where I could really reduce the amount of contracts I have.

I'm sure people have the same issue where I got young players who have 2 million dollar a year contracts who have low ratings that are on one ways, for instance, my team automatically stored two players 2 mil and one around 1 mil in the minors, one was 74 and 76. I didn't even notice they were one way contracts until this offseason. the Draft loads you up with contracts and it'll take a couple seasons to actually grow your team the way you want. for instance next season I have a lot more people coming off the books, to where I could really reduce the amount of contracts I have.

With waivers off one way contracts are meaningless, aren't they?

Revenant

With waivers off one way contracts are meaningless, aren't they?

is your previous post suggesting we can't bury contracts in the minors? because that 2 million 74 ovr player is like my 7th best D man as is, I wasn't sure if you were suggesting penalizing people who have 1 way contracts of a decent cap amount. for me that 2 million dollar guy is better suited to the minors to me.

is your previous post suggesting we can't bury contracts in the minors? because that 2 million 74 ovr player is like my 7th best D man as is, I wasn't sure if you were suggesting penalizing people who have 1 way contracts of a decent cap amount. for me that 2 million dollar guy is better suited to the minors to me.

Players with 1-ways have to be waived to go to the minors, with waivers turned off whats stopping us from sending players down who are low rated and over paid? Wade Redden scenario lol

So I don't know if Marvie wants to turn waivers back on just in case or we should be forced to post in here when we send a 1-way contract to the minors in case anyone else wants to take it on for their main club roster

How do we determine which players are better suited for the minors and which should be forced to go through some sort of waivers if you don't want them up with the big club

Revenant

Players with 1-ways have to be waived to go to the minors, with waivers turned off whats stopping us from sending players down who are low rated and over paid? Wade Redden scenario lol

im just saying I didn't sign that guy, the game did. I'll be under the cap regardless, but i'd never use that guy in my lineup barring injury, 2 mill for a healthy scratch?

Socreges

Banned
Well, that's not a problem. If we DID have waivers, why would anyone be claiming an overpaid, low-rated player?

The problem is signing depth players, putting yourself over the cap, and then once you have access to the minors, sending them down to be accessed later on when you have injuries, etc. I've got my roster pretty much set and it's only going to be 2-way players in the minors. Gustavsson (1-way) will be sent down, but I would do that regardless since I want him gone.

Top Bottom