• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Socreges

Banned
Holy shit at all those offer sheets. Glad I got my RFAs signed.

If a young player just wants one year on a 2-way, is there any advantage (in this game) to offering multiple years? Or offering him a 1-way?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Holy shit at all those offer sheets. Glad I got my RFAs signed.

If a young player just wants one year on a 2-way, is there any advantage (in this game) to offering multiple years? Or offering him a 1-way?

In terms of him accepting? I'm honestly not sure how offering a 1way to a player who wants a 2way affects it - 2ways are soooo much better for teams that I've never tried offering them a 1way :lol. I know the other way around will never work, but no idea how this way would.

Also, generally speaking, you can't tell. Some players are REALLY adamant about contract length, some will take different contract length for more money, and some just don't care and will take any contract length. So, for some the drop in "how much they like the contract offered" will not drop at all if you change contract length, for some it might be way more important than Salary.

Made my offers.

Watch free agents sign with teams for less money.

What last free season has taught us is that they're more likely to sign with your team if you have many players from a similar area (think same country, town of birth, language etc). Even if the contract offer wasn't the best. Last Free Season Jagr went to San Jose, despite them not having the best offer, but they had several other Czech players.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I honestly don't get it.

Anyways, how do I offer sheet? Can't figure it out.
TDnMa.gif

Smiley90

Smiley, Marvie is rejecting our trade.

Hrng, I totally mentioned it in here before too. Sent you a PM Marvie. :D It's a leftover from the trade deadline trade I made with Soc.

the overall trade was: Brunette for a 4th.

I wasn't on my xbox and could only trade via phone, so we split it up:

Deadline: Brunette for random scrub

Now: 7th for 4th and 7th.

7th and scrub are in it because we have to trade something.

EDIT: Glad it's all solved and good to go now! Thanks.

Ok, put my offers in for FA's, hoping I get what I put out for, team could be looking quite good if it all plays out. Felt all of my offers were good. Also if this works out I will have an updated trade block with a player I would be willing to part with for a prospect or picks, but it all depends on what happens tomorrow.

Socreges

Banned
What I did was I offered the ones I really wanted contracts first, then a second batch, then a 3rd batch, etc... so if the first batch doesn't accept, maybe the second batch will.
Now watch as the three RWs from three different batches are the only ones to sign.

Now watch as the three RWs from three different batches are the only ones to sign.

Yup, I separate it into days, positions I need filled are first priority. Then I wait for the next day to see what happened, and then start filling in wants from there or re-contracting some needs that didn't get fulfilled on the first day.

Smiley90

Yup, I separate it into days, positions I need filled are first priority. Then I wait for the next day to see what happened, and then start filling in wants from there or re-contracting some needs that didn't get fulfilled on the first day.

Yeah, was thinking about doing it this way, but was scared all the players I wanted would be gone by day 2. Worst case and one position gets overfilled, I'll look for trades.

Smiley90

Smiley has bids on every FA on the market. How much cap space do you have?

:lol not much, I submitted loads of offers though. Like I said, just wanted to make sure the players I wanted weren't already gone. Rather have great players than fill a positional need with a "worse" player because all the good ones are gone.

I don't have that much cap space, only like 7 Mio :lol.

Hilti92

Made my offers as well. Over paid on a few of them because I know that other people are going to over pay. I have the cap so I'll take it for what it is. Get trade bait for the season anyways. Learned a little bit off the first season so I'm hoping that I will do a bit better with my team this year. Be a GM online is a lot different than offline.

Socreges

Banned
Trading block:

Code:
         TYPE  OVR   CAP  YRS END  AGE  [POTENTIAL]

Laakso    DFD  80  $2.575  2  UFA  25   [3 star yellow]
Looking for a cheap winger, LW/RW prospect, or draft pick in return.

Marvie_3

Banned
Made my offers as well. Over paid on a few of them because I know that other people are going to over pay. I have the cap so I'll take it for what it is. Get trade bait for the season anyways. Learned a little bit off the first season so I'm hoping that I will do a bit better with my team this year. Be a GM online is a lot different than offline.

BUT BRUCE SAID THE SALARY CAP ARTIFICIALLY DEFLATES SALARIES

This is far too reasonable and well thought out. I offer the shit out of everybody and cross my fingers.

Socreges

Banned
Soccerges, quit trying to be crazedarabman.
He was giving up his crappy prospects. I'm giving up a fourth line center (76 ovr) signed at a good cap hit ($1m). What's the problem? I even made sure that Pitt would have a place for him (he'd be on their 4th line).

Whoops, dp

Socreges

Banned
EDIT: Pittsburgh? Aren't they AI-controlled?
Is that not allowed? If not I missed the memo. I just thought we outlawed (for obvious reasons) trading worthless prospects to free up player spots.

Cake Boss: Lundqvist and Gustavsson are treating Huselius to a pleasant dinner as we speak.

Smiley90

Is that not allowed? If not I missed the memo. I just thought we outlawed (for obvious reasons) trading worthless prospects to free up player spots.

well no, it's allowed, it just has to be fair, so I was just wondering what the trade was. :D

Marvie_3

Banned

Cake Boss: Lundqvist and Gustavsson are treating Huselius to a pleasant dinner as we speak.
Cap dumps to CPU teams is cunty behavior.

Smiley90

Alright! I got... let's see...

Karlsson - Backup Goalie I wanted
Maroon - LW
D'Agostini - RW
Tyler Kennedy - C
Fistric - D
Larose - RW
Armstrong - RW
Ranger - D

Perfect!

... now let's see how good they are. I like it though, I was mainly looking for a backup goalie and some 4th line wingers, perfect.

Socreges

Banned
Cap dumps to CPU teams is cunty behavior.
Hah. Richardson is my 3rd center and costs $1m. 4th if Christensen signs with me. It's not a dump. But I'm probably going to replace him through a trade with 6for8 and would like the pick.

If you want to rule that it's some broken AI that took Richardson for a 4th, that's fine. Your choice as the commish. But don't act like I'm hatching some unsavoury scheme here.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Got Burrows & White, and have .045 M left in cap space :lol, still need some depth unfortunately.

Socreges

Banned
Thanks for getting back with me, Soc.

Cunt.
Sorry, brother. Honestly forgot. I didn't get back to Rev either. I wanted to see what would happen with this sim. Not likely gonna work since neither of you have RWs to trade, though, and that's what I was after. I'll take another look.

Smiley90

Holy Mother, 3.5 mio. I offered him 2.5 for 5 years :(

Uh, I'm confused. I had 7 mio in cap space, signed 8 guys, and the app is telling me... i still have 7 mio in cap space? sth is broken... can someone ingame look at my contracts and tell me how much cap space I have left? oO

Socreges

Banned
My prospect pool just got a lot stronger. Offered the max to a few 2-ways, got:

(C) Rask
(G) Brossoit
(D) Yuen
(LW) Ranford --- seen this kid play live, so this is pretty cool

And some depth:

(G) Leclaire --- enjoy the AHL, Gus
(C) Christensen
(RW) Cheechoo
(LW) O'Sullivan

Congrats. 11 offers, last I saw. What'd you offer him?

Smiley90

he's signed for 3.5 for 1 year.

I'm happy with my yield.

Kennedy and D'Agostini are yellow 3.5's.
Ranger and Fistric round out my bottom 6 D and give me depth.
Armstrong and Larose are great physical 4th liners.
Karlsson was my pick for backup goalie, also perfect.
Maroon's a wild card, wanted to take a look at if he develops, as it is, he's a depth forward for injuries.

I'm happy!

EDIT: hahahahaha my cap just adjusted, apparently I'm -4.8 Mio. NICE. :lol

Swance

Neo Member

(C) Rask
(G) Brossoit
(D) Yuen
(LW) Ranford --- seen this kid play live, so this is pretty cool

And some depth:

(G) Leclaire --- enjoy the AHL, Gus
(C) Christensen
(RW) Cheechoo
(LW) O'Sullivan

I offered the max to all those prospects too. :(

Marvie_3

Banned
We should just outlaw trades to CPU teams to make it fair.
Even player for player swaps are fine but people trying to dump cap hits on CPUs for draft picks is garbage.
Hah. Richardson is my 3rd center and costs $1m. 4th if Christensen signs with me. It's not a dump. But I'm probably going to replace him through a trade with 6for8 and would like the pick.

If you want to rule that it's some broken AI that took Richardson for a 4th, that's fine. Your choice as the commish. But don't act like I'm hatching some unsavoury scheme here.
Everything you do is unsavory.

Socreges

Banned
EDIT: hahahahaha my cap just adjusted, apparently I'm -4.8 Mio. NICE. :lol
Whelp:

Yeah, that's one of the more annoying things. I think it's that they're doing it to prevent players from just signing all the good free agents and then sorting out their cap, because that wouldn't work in real life but would probably work in the game. Of course they could just solve it by making it HIGHLY unlikely a free agent signs for a close-to-cap-limit team, but yeah, it's EA. As is, you can never be over the cap. Sucks. Usually you'll end up just signing a few more free agents in October once you can do roster moves and have more cap space again. :p
How many times must you mislead me, Smiley!? Held off on making offers to most UFAs since I didn't think we could go over.

Top Bottom