• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
lol

What happens if I sign him to a 10 year contract to cut down the cap hit, no way he plays until he is 49 :p

Does EA now let you do contracts longer than 8 years? I tried yesterday but it wouldn't go past 8... and in previous games the limit's always been 8 years :/

Does EA now let you do contracts longer than 8 years? I tried yesterday but it wouldn't go past 8... and in previous games the limit's always been 8 years :/

Even 8 years......he is 39 and still an 86 rating, I wonder if he'd "sign" for 8 and retire after 1

Smiley90

Even 8 years......he is 39 and still an 86 rating, I wonder if he'd "sign" for 8 and retire after 1

If you're lucky, he might.

That makes me wonder: What happens to the contract of a bought-out player if he retires? Say, I sign him for 8 years at 39, I buy out his contract when he's 40, he retires when he's 41. Do you still get the buy-out penalty between 41 and 47, or do you only get it between 40 and 41?

Socreges

Banned
Trading block

(RW, TWF) TJ Oshie - 26 yo - 84 ovr - 4 star yellow - $4.665m x 4 years
(DFD) Teemu Laakso - 25 yo - 80 ovr - 3 star yellow - $2.5m x 2 years

Wants

RW SNP or PWF 80+
LW checking ~78
C checking ~78

Veterans (ie, white stars) are fine.

lol

What happens if I sign him to a 10 year contract to cut down the cap hit, no way he plays until he is 49 :p
Would that actually work in this game? When I offer more years to my UFAs, their salary want goes UP (doesn't make any sense for vets).

Besides, I don't think we should be including our own circumvention tactics just because EA provided the loophole.

Revenant

Trading block

(RW, TWF) TJ Oshie - 26 yo - 84 ovr - 4 star yellow - $4.665m x 4 years
(DFD) Teemu Laakso - 25 yo - 80 ovr - 3 star yellow - $2.5m x 2 years

Wants

RW SNP or PWF 80+
LW checking ~78
C checking ~78

Veterans (ie, white stars) are fine.

Would that actually work in this game? When I offer more years to my UFAs, their salary want goes UP (doesn't make any sense for vets).

Besides, I don't think we should be including our own circumvention tactics just because EA provided the loophole.

let's make a deal.

Smiley90

Dibs. I'll make you an offer when I get home.

You can't call dibs as the second person. That's not how dibs works.

Trading Block:

3rd line/4th line C's and Wingers
Top4/Top6 4star d-men

Looking for picks and prospects. or a 1st line LW.

Socreges

Banned
Oshie feels like the prettiest girl at the ball right now (have gotten a couple pm too) .

Let me just state that he has a place on this team, so he only gets dealt for the right piece(s). Now I've got some homework to do.

Socreges

Banned
Any detriment to playing wingers on their off-wing?

ie, are a winger's attributes or ovr rating lessened if they're a right-handed RW but playing on the left wing? Is chemistry affected?

Any detriment to playing wingers on their off-wing?

ie, are a winger's attributes or ovr rating lessened if they're a right-handed RW but playing on the left wing? Is chemistry affected?

I had some players playing on the off-wing for a lot of the season and I won the cup....

Soc, I paid Schenn 2.7 for 4 years even though he didn't grow. I'm banking on him getting better these next couple of seasons and turning into a good player, if that works the 2.7 will be a steal.

Socreges

Banned
Soc, I paid Schenn 2.7 for 4 years even though he didn't grow. I'm banking on him getting better these next couple of seasons and turning into a good player, if that works the 2.7 will be a steal.
Was asking what he was wanting, for comparison. Anyway, all my RFAs are signed now so no matter. Want to talk steals?

Leddy (83) 2.64m x 4 years, 22 years old

Grew 4 points and will get even better. Real pleased.

Also got really good contracts for Kulikov and Boedker. Unfortunately Mueller wanted to get paid and wouldn't respond to my low-balling.

theRizzle

Anyone interested in Enroth?

81 OVR, signed for around 1.3 mil for this year and MAYBE the next year too. I would have to confirm that. I'm mostly looking for a forward and would be willing to add to Enroth if the right guy comes back.

Was asking what he was wanting, for comparison. Anyway, all my RFAs are signed now so no matter. Want to talk steals?

Leddy (83) 2.64m x 4 years, 22 years old

Grew 4 points and will get even better. Real pleased.

Also got really good contracts for Kulikov and Boedker. Unfortunately Mueller wanted to get paid and wouldn't respond to my low-balling.

He was only asking for 1.5 Million on a 1 year deal, the 2.7 was the minimum for 4 years.

Smiley90

Damn this interface. I'll have to check it out next time I'm on.

If you can't do it today let us know and Marvie can drop you, because today is the last day to do so before you lose all players. We'll let the AI do resigns so another player/yourself can get it back unharmed and the team isn't borked. What's the status on RS/Zod?

Tabris

Trading Block:

- Patriq Hornquist RW 81 overall 26 4 star
- Derek Roy C 86 overall 30 Silver 4 star
- Bobby Ryan RW 86 overall 4 1/2 star
- Nick Schultz D 83 overall 30
- 2nd round and down draft picks

Wants:

- High overall C with good long-term contract
- 4 to 4 1/2 star prospect goalie (i.e. Subban, Campbell, etc)
- 1st round draft pick

Smiley90

Trading Block:

- Patriq Hornquist RW 81 overall 26 4 star
- Derek Roy C 86 overall 30 Silver 4 star
- Bobby Ryan RW 86 overall 4 1/2 star
- Nick Schultz D 83 overall 30
- 2nd round and down draft picks

Wants:

- High overall C with good long-term contract
- 4 to 4 1/2 star prospect goalie
- 1st round draft pick

I see what you did there.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Don't really know how to improve my team, I'm up for most trades aside from Kane / Getzlaf / Hamhuis, but all my players are pretty old so no one's going to be interested in them.

Smiley90

Looks like I'll go into free agency with like 5/6 mio of cap space, good good. can probably snag a few more depth pieces.

Marvie_3

Banned
GMs of these teams have been/will be dropped due to inactivity before tonight's sim:

Anaheim
Calgary
Colorado
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
Washington

Looks like I'll go into free agency with like 5/6 mio of cap space, good good. can probably snag a few more depth pieces.
I've got a slightly used Tomas Kopecky for sale.

Smiley90

GMs of these teams have been/will be dropped due to inactivity before tonight's sim:

Anaheim
Calgary
Colorado
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
Washington

I've got a slightly used Tomas Kopecky for sale.

Wsox said he resigned all his players...

Tabris

So will those inactive teams become CPU run? If so, they should be able to do qualifying offers / signing their free agents before free agency day?

Smiley90

So will those inactive teams become CPU run? If so, they should be able to do qualifying offers / signing their free agents before free agency day?

Yep, that's the reasoning behind it. If they didn't, not only would the player be screwed, but it would also make the standings sad sad.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Motherfucker didn't take my deal. Fuck you Whitney, I hope you pull a Markov and blow your knee out, I never liked you anyways.

Socreges

Banned
Anyone looking for a more youthful, promising and affordable (!) dman than those available in free agency, I've got these guys up for trade:

Code:
         TYPE  OVR   CAP  YRS END  AGE  [POTENTIAL]

Laakso    DFD  80  $2.575  2  UFA  25   [3 star yellow]
McQuaid   DFD  79  $1.785  2  UFA  26   [3.5 star yellow]
McNabb    TWD  77  $1.065  1  RFA  22   [3.5 star yellow]

Looking for a good checking center in return. Maybe a 80ish LW.

[edit] McNabb is on a 2-way contract, which is a nice bonus.

Smiley90

I just realized something awesome about the app. It shows you how much you've offered free agents that you've contacted. I still have yet to find that function in the actual game. I know that you can list them by approached, but I don't think it shows the contract you offered to already-approached players anywhere, or does it?

The app, if you go to trades and then free agents and click on a free agent you've already approached, actually shows you salary and contract length you've offered free agents. Nice touch!

Can someone let me know what the top RFA's and UFA's are (top 15 for both if possible)?

I'm at work right now so I can't check but would like to know in advance to see if there are a few that I may have an eye on.

fake edit: also can someone let me know if Pascal Leclaire accepted my contract to stay as my backup, thanks in advance.

I also apparently have 1 RFA that I have not signed, I have the cap space but I think he is asking for a little too much.

theRizzle

Can someone let me know what the top RFA's and UFA's are (top 15 for both if possible)?

I'm at work right now so I can't check but would like to know in advance to see if there are a few that I may have an eye on.

fake edit: also can someone let me know if Pascal Leclaire accepted my contract to stay as my backup, thanks in advance.

I also apparently have 1 RFA that I have not signed, I have the cap space but I think he is asking for a little too much.

I see Halak and Hutchinson on your roster, no Leclaire.

Top Bottom