• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

I think I may have screwed up, can we do trading right now as I don't think anyone said we couldn't, just not signing free agents. Well I made a trade with Ottawa not realizing they were still AI controlled and they accepted the trade... I can always do a re-trade with whoever is supposed to have the team, but I totally didn't realize they were AI controlled still. whoops...

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
I think I may have screwed up, can we do trading right now as I don't think anyone said we couldn't, just not signing free agents. Well I made a trade with Ottawa not realizing they were still AI controlled and they accepted the trade... I can always do a re-trade with whoever is supposed to have the team, but I totally didn't realize they were AI controlled still. whoops...

WAY TO GO, DICK

man im glad im in the sim league, im AWFUL w/ the new skating engine, though i think im going to like it eventually

Commissioner is supposed to have to approve all trades

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
You'll have to talk to Marvie about that, in the VS league I have AI trading on, but people need to hold back from doing anything until this weekend.

Commissioner is supposed to have to approve all trades

Well that is the thing, it automatically told me that the trade went through and that the new players will show up in my roster on the next league advance. :/

You'll have to talk to Marvie about that, in the VS league I have AI trading on, but people need to hold back from doing anything until this weekend.

But I want to do everything now!!! Yeah I'll probably hold back now, was just going through and messing with stuff, didn't realize it would accept the trade right way as it was only a decent offer too.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Even if it went through, you can alwayd revert the trade once Ottawa is player-controlled, or Marvie can maybe even do it himself. You can scout for who you wanna trade and contact the GM's though ;)

Red_Man

They don't give you that much control, you basically set up the details and run it. You can't manipulate much of the options once you've started the league.

Smiley90

Then if Marvie can't deny the trade, whoever is running Ottawa can do the identical trade with Crazed back to solve this. Contact that person? :p

Smiley90

When is the Companion app supposed to be out for Android?

Never. (as in, I've never heard they're even planning on bringing one out, sorry)

I will have SO much fun with my companion app, esp once free agents can be signed on deadlines and stuff. -rubs hands-

Red_Man

If I haven't accepted you and you sent in a request, it's because I don't recognize your GT so just PM with your gamer tag guys, thanks, I have 4 people waiting right now and I don't have any idea who they are.

Also if you've already joined, there's a freeze on all club activity until this weekend when double sign ups are allowed, and to give everyone a chance to grab the game.

I suck a lot at this game. Skating engine is awesome but seriously has ruined the cheesy way I learned how to play the game. This new skating is making me second guess all of my offensive decisions. Also as far as a Datsyuk trade I'm gonna hold on to the guy for now.

Smiley90

I suck a lot at this game. Skating engine is awesome but seriously has ruined the cheesy way I learned how to play the game. This new skating is making me second guess all of my offensive decisions. Also as far as a Datsyuk trade I'm gonna hold on to the guy for now.

Because Calgary has shown that rebuilding without trading your old star player works so well! :p

Ok :(

Smiley90

oh shit forgot about this. Simmed league is the one I signed up for right?

Yep, check OP, double league signups start tomorrow.

Also Crazed already messed with trade with your team while it was AI controlled so you'll have to talk to him to revert it, since you're Ottawa. Unless you like the trade he made with the AI i suppose...

oh shit forgot about this. Simmed league is the one I signed up for right?

Yeah and I think we are going to have to do a re-trade when you get back in the game because of this:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=42010330&postcount=253

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=42011651&postcount=263

I have Dany Heatley if you want him.

I figured you would like having him because now you can make your threats of having players you hate actually take a ride with Heatley now.

Marvie_3

Banned
Yeah and I think we are going to have to do a re-trade when you get back in the game because of this:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=42010330&postcount=253

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=42011651&postcount=263

It gave me the option to reject them. You'll have to check to see if it went through or not.

I figured you would like having him because now you can make your threats of having players you hate actually take a ride with Heatley now.
I want him gone because I want my players to live.

It gave me the option to reject them. You'll have to check to see if it went through or not.

I want him gone because I want my players to live.

Ok cool, I had no idea when it said that it was accepted and automatically went through, nice to know it didn't and I still have those players, also I see you put the message up for no trades now so that's good.

Looking over my team again, and I have one player over 30 or something like that, pretty much the anti-Wings, though give it a season or two and my team is going to be stacked with all of the young talent I have with Crosby leading the way.

Smiley90

Looking over my team again, and I have one player over 30 or something like that, pretty much the anti-Wings, though give it a season or two and my team is going to be stacked with all of the young talent I have with Crosby leading the way.

So you got Crosby... Now who has Stamkos?

Smiley90

Aren't we randomizing the teams again when people actually pick teams without looking over them first?

We're talking about the simmed league now, where we've picked all teams before the league went up.

I suggested doing that for the versus league too to avoid exactly that, but Red wasn't a big fan -shrug-

Phthisis

God, I got shafted with my group of forwards. Jeff Carter and James van Riemsdyk are my two best :-/

Red Man: when can we start discussing trades with other teams? I have a couple players I have my eye on, and I need a legit #1 defenseman, as well. Jordan Staal is my best blueliner. For that matter, where do we discuss potential trades? Here?

Want to know the rules of engagement and when we can start trying to make deals.

EDIT- talking about the versus league, FYI.

Smiley90

Please don't talk about or do trades in the versus league yet, because signups are still open so if you say "i wanna get Kessel from Columbus!" or so (no idea if he's there, just a scenario), that will influence people who are still deciding what team to pick.

Trade talk between already-claimed teams should be okay, but red has a trade/activity ban on all teams until Saturday I believe.

Talks for the simmed league are fine since all teams are assigned, but pretty sure there's an activity ban in place too.

EDIT: also, Jordan Staal isn't a defenseman, he's a center... Do you mean Marc Staal? If not, sorry about your d-men :lol

Cake Boss

Banned
A very balanced team, can role 3 scoring lines with it. No major weakness except maybe missing a star #1 dman and some of my players are in their 30s.

So we arent allowed to make any trades or signing yet right?

PBY

Banned
So - I want to be put down for the versus league, posted earlier- what exactly do I have do do now going forward?

Smiley90

So - I want to be put down for the versus league, posted earlier- what exactly do I have do do now going forward?

Send a request for the team in-game, let Red know your Gamertag so he'll accept, tell marvie (or red?) to edit your name into the OP list, look at your roster, analyze what trades you might wanna make and then wait until signups are closed and the trade/free agent signing bans are lifted to let loose.

Not sure if you can already play or not, i don't think so? :D

Phthisis

Please don't talk about or do trades in the versus league yet, because signups are still open so if you say "i wanna get Kessel from Columbus!" or so (no idea if he's there, just a scenario), that will influence people who are still deciding what team to pick.

Trade talk between already-claimed teams should be okay, but red has a trade/activity ban on all teams until Saturday I believe.

Talks for the simmed league are fine since all teams are assigned, but pretty sure there's an activity ban in place too.

EDIT: also, Jordan Staal isn't a defenseman, he's a center... Do you mean Marc Staal? If not, sorry about your d-men :lol

Yeah, Marc Staal. Derp.

Anyway, looks like the Rangers are claimed already. RS4: let's talk. I need a top pairing defenseman :D (I'm the Kings)

Red_Man

I sent my request to be the GM for the Wild.
I added you.

I suggested doing that for the versus league too to avoid exactly that, but Red wasn't a big fan -shrug-
You can only randomize the rosters once before the league starts, you can't do it after. Everyone just needs to not be an idiot and stick with the team you've already chosen and it will be fine.
God, I got shafted with my group of forwards. Jeff Carter and James van Riemsdyk are my two best :-/

Red Man: when can we start discussing trades with other teams? I have a couple players I have my eye on, and I need a legit #1 defenseman, as well. Jordan Staal is my best blueliner. For that matter, where do we discuss potential trades? Here?

Want to know the rules of engagement and when we can start trying to make deals.

EDIT- talking about the versus league, FYI.
All club activity is frozen until this weekend once double sign ups and others are in to make sure we get as many people as possible, sorry for the delay.

Just PM me your GT and the team you want then send a join request to "Neogaf Versus League" and I'll add you tonight.

No one here is "SSMSUTanner10" right? Received two join request from the person now, going to assume it's a lurker.

Top Bottom