• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Milly79

Or are you still salty from when I single handedly fucked up your club team.

I guess you're forgetting the first game, where we shut you out.

But, oh wait. A 3-1 victory equates to you "fucking us up". Let me guess, you got a hatty! I'm glad you think you're good at NHL.

:lol

Repetition works well for you guys. Never really deviated from your shitty plays. Had to go in some time.

Anytime you wanna go, let me know and I'll be sure we shut your baboon mouth up once and for all.

Oh, and the goat thing: may wanna try something new bud.

Cake Boss

Banned
M3Wo9.gif

This guy. You're an idiot if for more then 2 seconds you think, 1. you "single handedly fucked up" our club team, and 2. you think that the team you played was anything close to resembling our regular lineup. Send us a challenge anytime and we'll show your piece of shit team how to win legit. Maybe you should join Sox's team so you two can take turn's rushing down the wing seeing as that's all you guys seem to be able to do.

ibrfAtfVi2QyDh.gif

HAHAHAHA Here come the excuses. Oh and back to the "I am going to call everyone stupid to make my argument" shtick are we.

1. Yeah first star in a 3-0 game I say is fucking up your team.
2. Yeah because our team had its A lineup as well.
3. Sorry call us when you are out of the pro club then send us an invite, as for me rushing the wing, at least I could finish and not just hold on to the puck as long as possible trying to look for the perfect play and cross creases.

That club just keeps showing its douchery, they are sore losers and sore winners.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
1. Yeah first star in a 3-0 game I say is fucking up your team.
Actually it was a 3-1 game so it's good to know you can't count, and I wouldn't consider goals that were a cross crease Helen Keller could score, and a random bounce off your ass as "fucking up" our team, but whatever helps you sleep at night.

3. Sorry call us when you are out of the pro club then send us an invite, as for me rushing the wing, at least I could finish and not just hold on to the puck as long as possible trying to look for the perfect play and cross creases.
Finished in the top 200 Elite Division thanks, apparently you also can't read my avatar. Maybe you should go post about your pos club in the 13 OT since no one gives a fuck about them, and LOL your one goal was a cross crease, nice try!

Milly said:
Also, LOL @ Pro Div

Elite 207 > Elite 386
NxmNY.gif

Cake Boss

Banned
Actually it was a 3-1 game so it's good to know you can't count, and I wouldn't consider goals that were a cross crease Helen Keller could score, and a random bounce off your ass as "fucking up" our team, but whatever helps you sleep at night.

Finished in the top 200 Elite Division thanks, apparently you also can't read my avatar. Maybe you should go post about your pos club in the 13 OT since no one gives a fuck about them, and LOL your one goal was a cross crease, nice try!

HAHAH The douchery is off the level with this club, you act like douches when you win and you act like even bigger ones when you lose, keep fighting the good fight Internet tough guys.

Milly79

HAHAH The douchery is off the level with this club, you act like douches when you win and you act like even bigger ones when you lose, keep fighting the good fight Internet tough guys.

...Really.

...Really?

I made one comment jokingly then you fire back with "oh you creamed us" yadda yadda and you want us to take it? So you've baited us this far, yet we're being douches?

So, so, so, so ignorant. How you're still on GAF is beyond me.

Cake Boss

Banned
:lol coming from the guy who spends his days calling people Hitler on twitter

Its called having a sense of humor you should try it, or you could just continue calling everyone an idiot every time you want to make an argument, that will make you look really tough and smart on the internet.

...Really.

...Really?

I made one comment jokingly then you fire back with "oh you creamed us" yadda yadda and you want us to take it? So you've baited us this far, yet we're being douches?

So, so, so, so ignorant. How you're still on GAF is beyond me.

How you are still not banned from Live for calling people 'fags' is beyond me, but wait you do fit that community very well

My bad Soc, I tried putting everything in spoilers, I will stop now.

Milly79

Considering I've done it... Once and it was to you. Seems pretty fitting in a non-homophobic, but descriptive way of describing someone of your stature.

But hey! Take it however you want.

Cake Boss

Banned
More interested in how my players developed than the free agency. I wonder how Barkov did, because in my offline GM he went up to 81 overall a year after being drafted, would be interesting to see the difference in this one.

Also under this game's drafting system there is no chance for someone to draft an NHLer or in the later rounds and draft guys like Jamie Benn, Quick, Lundqvist etc in the 5th and later rounds.

Marvie_3

Banned
And you expected this to all happen where exactly??

I have no problem bringing it up again after this post, but you basically asked for this shit to happen.

You started it:

If only we could get rid of you and Cock Boss.

Wouldn't have mattered what I posted because you guys would have gone at it either way.

You did it, commish. Everyone stopped arguing.

Two hours ago.

I think everyone's just upset that they've been bested by Crazed and the stupid f'ing AI.

In my defense, I don't read the times things get posted.

You did it, commish. Everyone stopped arguing.

Two hours ago.

I think everyone's just upset that they've been bested by Crazed and the stupid f'ing AI.

Why must you belittle me! WHY!!!!
It sounded like an insult :(

Also DANG IT EA, Wheeler is out for 9 games now who was my 2nd best player in the playoffs, so now I have 4 guys out, 3 of them over 80. Stupid game...

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Also under this game's drafting system there is no chance for someone to draft an NHLer or in the later rounds and draft guys like Jamie Benn, Quick, Lundqvist etc in the 5th and later rounds.

Given that the scouting system in GM Connected is bugged beyond understanding (aka it doesn't work at all, you can have your scout in one area for the whole season and it still won't show as "visited" etc), I'm actually glad the drafting priority list shows the "real" potential. On the other hand, it's kinda sad because there's no real surprises. Perfect solution would be they fix the scouting system and then the drafting priority list shows potentials as your scouts say it - so a player might have a 4star potential in your drafting priority list but a 3.5star in mine, depending on where we sent out scouts.

But it's EA after all.

Socreges

Banned
More interested in how my players developed than the free agency.
Same. I've got a ton of players that could make big leaps. Really hoping that Schenn and Staal get bumps. They didn't budge last offseason.

BTW, just noticed that my guys have all aged a year. I thought that happened at the same time as growth/decline but their stats haven't changed.

Given that the scouting system in GM Connected is bugged beyond understanding (aka it doesn't work at all, you can have your scout in one area for the whole season and it still won't show as "visited" etc), I'm actually glad the drafting priority list shows the "real" potential. On the other hand, it's kinda sad because there's no real surprises. Perfect solution would be they fix the scouting system and then the drafting priority list shows potentials as your scouts say it - so a player might have a 4star potential in your drafting priority list but a 3.5star in mine, depending on where we sent out scouts.

But it's EA after all.

I still like my idea for the draft priority of having it list all of your draft picks, and then you are able to choose the top 3 players you want to draft with that pick along with a conditional option at the end in case all of those are taken like, "Pick next best player, Pick a LW SNP, Pick a G HYB, etc...."

I think that system would work out real well, but yes, it is EA after all.

Same. I've got a ton of players that could make big leaps. Really hoping that Schenn and Staal get bumps. They didn't budge last offseason.

BTW, just noticed that my guys have all aged a year. I thought that happened at the same time as growth/decline but their stats haven't changed.

I think once you are out of the playoffs, it ages your players.

Smiley90

I still like my idea for the draft priority of having it list all of your draft picks, and then you are able to choose the top 3 players you want to draft with that pick along with a conditional option at the end in case all of those are taken like, "Pick next best player, Pick a LW SNP, Pick a G HYB, etc...."

I think that system would work out real well, but yes, it is EA after all.

Yeah that'd definitely be less work, but then you'd be like "i kinda want an LW but only if he's not worse than the alternative other position" and... it'd be weird. I like the system as is, I just wish the data wasn't so accurate and we'd get surprises. Would make dealing picks more interesting too, because right now you can pretty much predict what kinda player you get with a 4th rounder (a sucky one), while otherwise you could still hope. Anything after 3rd round pick is pretty much useless in this system.

Smiley90

mhmmm I hope they calculate their growth/exp gained based the age during the season, BEFORE they've aged, and not on the "right now" age... e.g. a player was yellow all throughout the season, ages after, then doesn't grow during offseason because he's now hit white.

Yeah that'd definitely be less work, but then you'd be like "i kinda want an LW but only if he's not worse than the alternative other position" and... it'd be weird. I like the system as is, I just wish the data wasn't so accurate and we'd get surprises. Would make dealing picks more interesting too, because right now you can pretty much predict what kinda player you get with a 4th rounder (a sucky one), while otherwise you could still hope. Anything after 3rd round pick is pretty much useless in this system.

I really do not like the system now. And as I said, I would really like to see my picks and then look at the players predicted to go around that area and match that up, I don't think that is too much to ask is it?

mhmmm I hope they calculate their growth/exp gained based the age during the season, BEFORE they've aged, and not on the "right now" age... e.g. a player was yellow all throughout the season, ages after, then doesn't grow during offseason because he's now hit white.

I have a few guys last season who were white during the season that still grew in the offseason. EX: R. Jones (no idea how) and D. Heatley

Marvie_3

Banned
I really do not like the system now. And as I said, I would really like to see my picks and then look at the players predicted to go around that area and match that up, I don't think that is too much to ask is it?
It's EA. The fact that your xbox doesn't explode the second you load the game is nothing short of a miracle from them.

Socreges

Banned
Trades? Draft rankings?
Draft rankings? Is that just a listing of who drafts when (which we already know) or is there something we can affect? Or do you mean draft priority, which we've been able to change for several days now?

And are you sure we could do trades on that one day, even though we can't trade during the resign period? That'd be strange.

I might be ig'nant here, so my bad if so.

Marvie_3

Banned
Draft rankings? Is that just a listing of who drafts when (which we already know) or is there something we can affect?

And are you sure we could do trades on that one day, even though we can't trade during the resign period? That'd be strange.

Might be ig'nant here.

You can only buy out players during that period too.

Smiley90

This mode has so much potential, just look at us still being like 25 and playing. I hope there's no more dropping out this offseason.

If for next title they implement a fantasy draft, a working entry draft, a working waiver system... What I'd actually LOVE for lines would be sth like:

You give each player a line assignment where you want them to play. E.g. I can give my prospect a "2nd line" assignment, then the AI will always try to slot them into that line as much as possible. If there's an injury occuring, it will slot in someone you've declared "3rd liner" and move players around accordingly. It would solve all the bad setups and would allow you to set up your lines properly according to where you WANT players to play, and not just the blind "higher overall = better" best lines the AI does.

Also, AHL lines to promote rookie growth by letting your good rookies play on your AHL 1st line instead of some old guys.

Draft rankings? Is that just a listing of who drafts when (which we already know)

Technically speaking, I think the draft lottery happens only right before the draft, but... that's about the only thing that would change between SCF and draft picks. apart from who picks 30th/29th. So yeah, I agree with you, because we're able to set up our draft priority beforehand already, it doesn't really matter to give an extra day (esp if trades don't work. If they DO work, then we can slot in an extra day. Might be worth checking if it works)

Socreges

Banned
Technically speaking, I think the draft lottery happens only right before the draft, but... that's about the only thing that would change between SCF and draft picks. apart from who picks 30th/29th. So yeah, I agree with you, because we're able to set up our draft priority beforehand already, it doesn't really matter to give an extra day (esp if trades don't work. If they DO work, then we can slot in an extra day. Might be worth checking if it works)
The draft lottery could change a lot, though. I didn't realize there was one.

And if the pre-draft day is the only day for buyouts, that's another good reason to not sim forward.

Smiley90

The draft lottery could change a lot, though. I didn't realize there was one.

And if the pre-draft day is the only day for buyouts, that's another good reason to not sim forward.

I always thought buyouts were only allowed during resign-stage, not pre-draft... we might have confused something here.

And yes, there is a draft lottery, it just doesn't give you any notice at all. Not even in offline Be a GM (at least in NHL 11 it didn't give you notice, but it definitely happened). You just enter the entry draft and then see what happened, it's very... low profile lol.

Hey Marvie, could you just sim it now since I'm set and I play the AI. I'd rather be angry now when I lose to the stupid AI than when I wake up.

Marvie_3

Banned
Stanley Cup Finals

DET 4 - PIT 3

Offseason Schedule:

Thursday: 2014 Draft
Friday: Resign day
Saturday: Resign day
Sunday: Resign day
Monday: Free Agency
Tuesday: Free Agency
Wednesday: Free Agency