• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Milly79

I was shocked when I saw Pitt has no GM and really their team wasn't that great. I shouldn't have changed my strategies, but I had to crack Varly. Oh well.

Ok I will.

Don't know how you can when you are getting eliminated this round...

This is going to be a close series/toss up between us

The Toronto Maple Leland Irvings (aka Team Truculence) will not be getting eliminated this round!

Top 2 C's out? No problem says Craig Smith, 3rd line C. (Also 3rd in playoff points.)

Sergei Bobrovsky is a sieve? No problem says Leland Irving, AHL backup last season. I will just put up under 2.00 GAA and around a .940 SV% during the playoffs.

And this is why EA's sim system is complete garbage.

A western team will win the cup this year I think.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Rooting for Minny now because Tor / Pitt are bitch teams, and I'm still bitter about Detroit knocking me out last season.

Socreges

Banned
I'll be avidly supporting Rev's Hawks from here on out until tomorrow night when he's bounced in 5 by the Stars.
DAL 4 - CHI 1
Now pinning all my hopes behind Rev's Hawks until they're bounced in 5 by the Wings.
DET 4 - CHI 1
jack-nicholson-nodding.gif

Socreges

Banned
Tonight: Conference Finals
Wednesday: Stanley Cup Finals
Thursday: 2014 Draft
Friday: Resign day
Saturday: Resign day
Sunday: Resign day
Monday: Offseason (free agency/trades)
Tuesday: Offseason (free agency/trades)
Wednesday: Offseason (free agency/trades)
Thursday: 2014/15 season begins

I think.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'm still looking to move up on draft day. I have:

10th overall
Three 2nd round picks (40, 45, 47)
Two 3rds
etc.

Looking to move up to either earlier 1st rounder or additional first rounder... PM if interested.

If not, I'm just gonna ask here what you guys think would be an adequate asking price from the AI for picks like that. I figure pick-only trades are heavily scrutinized, so there's really no point in my suggesting trades when they're only going to get turned down anyway, so I'm looking for input here.

Socreges

Banned
I'll just put in that pick only trades to move up in the draft are very rare and only occur when there's no player that the 'moving down' GM is interested in. So I personally don't think it should be allowed with the CPU.

Smiley90

I'll just put in that pick only trades to move up in the draft are very rare and only occur when there's no player that the 'moving down' GM is interested in. So I personally don't think it should be allowed with the CPU.

Yeah I tried to find precedents and there weren't any (1st/2nd round ones) in the 2012 draft, but there were two in the 11 draft, Detroit and Ottawa. a late first (24) vs two seconds. (35 and 48). Also, Toronto and Anaheim, a late first (22) for a late first (30) and a second (39). If we don't allow it with the AI I'm totally okay with it, was just wondering.

EDIT: It's not like I'm not willing to throw in other pieces, too. I just so many picks that it kinda offers itself to moving up. Or trading picks straight up for a prospect.

Smiley90

Draft priority with final potentials is up, for anyone wondering. There's only two 4.5 prospects, and they're both goalies...... ouch.

Smiley90

Son of a bitch, who has a top line winger and needs a great goalie prospect since it looks like I'll have 2 of them......

of the rest, looks like Nr9 will be the last 4star-pick, too. of the 7 4star players there's 1 goalie, 1 D and 5 (!) Centers.

And here I was hoping to draft myself a winger... -sigh-

Red_Man

If I don't get any offers for the 1st I wouldn't mind taking a goalie, Lou's gonna be done in a couple of years anyways.

Tabris

Son of a bitch, who has a top line winger and needs a great goalie prospect since it looks like I'll have 2 of them......

I would be interested in making a trade for the drafted goalie.

On the block: Bobby Ryan (we would probably need something else), or trading my 1st round pick (5th) + a 3rd round pick? For our trade to go through, we will probably need to do it after the draft as I don't know if we can trade during draft as I won't be here on Thursday (i.e. you draft Hanzal and you tell me who you want drafted at my spot and I adjust the draft priorities). PM me offers. Fair offers.

Socreges

Banned
I would be interested in making a trade for the drafted goalie.

On the block: Bobby Ryan (we would probably need something else), or trading my 1st round pick (5th) + a 3rd round pick? For our trade to go through, we will probably need to do it after the draft as I don't know if we can trade during draft as I won't be here on Thursday (i.e. you draft Hanzal and you tell me who you want drafted at my spot and I adjust the draft priorities). PM me offers. Fair offers.
lol

Smiley90

lol look it up on capgeek.com. Same contract still :)

real life contracts =/= ingame contracts, at least form some... e.g. Karlsson is signed for 9.3 ingame and 6.5 in real life.

So... telling him to look at capgeek won't help much.

Smiley90

I think that's cause in game goes based on salary, not cap hit? Either way, 5.5m 2 years left

Given that the game has no yearly variation in cap hit/salary, that'd be odd... also, Karlsson's real life Salary is 5mio atm and never exceeds 7.5 mio.

No idea how they calculate ingame-cap hits/salaries, sometimes it's just oddly off.

Conference Finals:

PIT 4 - TOR 3
DET 4 - MIN 2

:D ......

PIT vs DET

:(

I swear I better win this stupid series, I'm gonna crack if I lose again in the finals and to the AI this time around no less. Also I have Crosby and they have Z, weird.....

Crosby, mang

You have to give me some credit, I have made some fleecings and signings that have helped out my depth of my team and my supporting cast. Plus Wheeler and Heatley were leading my team in points in the playoffs this year before the last round with Crosby down in 4th or 5th place. I'll have to take a look to see what injuries I have and what not, just hoping it isn't too bad.

:D ......

PIT vs DET

:(

I swear I better win this stupid series, I'm gonna crack if I lose again in the finals and to the AI this time around no less. Also I have Crosby and they have Z, weird.....

You have to give me some credit, I have made some fleecings and signings that have helped out my depth of my team and my supporting cast. Plus Wheeler and Heatley were leading my team in points in the playoffs this year before the last round with Crosby down in 4th or 5th place. I'll have to take a look to see what injuries I have and what not, just hoping it isn't too bad.
Hated Pittsburgh because of Crosby and Detroit was my 2nd favorite

Cake Boss

Banned
If only we could get rid of you and Cock Boss.

Are you going to send me more homophobic slur through Xbox Live or are you just going to keep fucking your goat in the ass till it bleeds?

Or are you still salty from when I single handedly fucked up your club team.

Socreges

Banned
Why the hell would I give you credit for gaming the system? :p And I wasn't saying you haven't done anything. Just that Crosby is the X factor.

Red_Man

Are you going to send me more homophobic slur through Xbox Live or are you just going to keep fucking your goat in the ass till it bleeds?

Or are you still salty from when I single handedly fucked up your club team.
M3Wo9.gif

This guy. You're an idiot if for more then 2 seconds you think, 1. you "single handedly fucked up" our club team, and 2. you think that the team you played was anything close to resembling our regular lineup. Send us a challenge anytime and we'll show your piece of shit team how to win legit. Maybe you should join Sox's team so you two can take turn's rushing down the wing seeing as that's all you guys seem to be able to do.

Smiley90

M3Wo9.gif

This guy. You're an idiot if for more then 2 seconds you think, 1. you "single handedly fucked up" our club team, and 2. you think that the team you played was anything close to resembling our regular lineup. Send us a challenge anytime and we'll show your piece of shit team how to win legit. Maybe you should join Sox's team so you two can take turn's rushing down the wing seeing as that's all you guys seem to be able to do.

Were you playing without a Center too? ;)

Top Bottom