• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Socreges

Banned
Can anyone easily check who I drafted? No worries, if not.

Was able to slip in earlier between sims by accident and saw my developed players (but not contract requests) . No surprises, apart from Kulikov dropping from 87 to 85 at the age of 23. Weird. Had some decent bumps overall, but I'm also stacked with 4 star guys. Got some awesome 80ish overall bargains right now. Might be willing to trade them to get a first line winger.

No idea what Connolly, Kreider, or Lundqvist are asking for. Should be interesting.

So I traded expiring Gaborik for a 4 star and 4.5 star goalie.....not bad
Didn't you draft the 4.5 goalie with your own pick and someone else (probably a 3.5) with Phoenix's?

Can anyone easily check who I drafted? No worries, if not.

Was able to slip in earlier between sims by accident and saw my developed players (but not contract requests) . No surprises, apart from Kulikov dropping from 87 to 85 at the age of 23. Weird. Had some decent bumps overall, but I'm also stacked with 4 star guys. Got some awesome 80ish overall bargains right now. Might be willing to trade them to get a first line winger.

No idea what Connolly, Kreider, or Lundqvist are asking for. Should be interesting.

Didn't you draft the 4.5 goalie with your own pick and someone else (probably a 3.5) with Phoenix's?

Oh right, lol, yes

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I drafted a guy with the first name "Jesus". This can only mean good things.

Socreges

Banned
Byfuglien 88 - > 88
Kulikov 87 - > 85
Leddy 83 - > 85
Schenn 82 - > 83
Spurgeon 79 - > 83
McQuaid 79 - > 80 (!)

Going from memory. Didn't get much of a look at forwards. My top 6 will be even better now and they're all under contract.

Karlsson was by far the best player on my team last season and the only one to go up, and he went up by 1... because my team sucked so much overall, I have to presume.
Isn't he already 87? At that point I think it's rare for them to continue growing. But I wouldn't be surprised if he goes up next offseason.

Mueller was injured for 50 games, had a poor season, but still went up to 84. *shrug*

Delryk

I almost hope Miller doesnt want to sign with my team.. He wants 8mil per for 8years hegh.

That should hold me for my new drafted goalie though.. Lol

Socreges

Banned
I'm only seeing one Miller. Lay off the coolers.

(yes, I saw your pic. probably a temporary glitch)

Is the cap actually at 77.26? It went up by at least 6 million.

Well I won the Stanley Cup but a lot of my players dropped. :/

Heatley 86 -> 84
Crosby 96 -> 95
Wheeler 82 -> 83
Shattenkirk 87 -> 85
Hjalmarsson 84 -> 83
Jones 80 -> 79

I had a few players go up including a lot of rookies and a few other good players, but still a lot of my top guys dropped while my lower guys went up.

Also I'm with Marvie on locking players out, my UFA's all want respectable contracts and what not including a few RFA's. But for some stupid reason Halak, Heatley, and a few others want ridiculous amount of money even though most of them got worse.

Smiley90

Well I won the Stanley Cup but a lot of my players dropped. :/

Heatley 86 -> 84
Crosby 96 -> 95
Wheeler 82 -> 83
Shattenkirk 87 -> 85
Hjalmarsson 84 -> 83
Jones 80 -> 79

I had a few players go up including a lot of rookies and a few other good players, but still a lot of my top guys dropped while my lower guys went up.

Also I'm with Marvie on locking players out, my UFA's all want respectable contracts and what not including a few RFA's. But for some stupid reason Halak, Heatley, and a few others want ridiculous amount of money even though most of them got worse.

So the "top teams have cap issues" vs "bottom teams have lots of spare cap" thing actually works? not bad if true. I think I can go into free agency with around 10 mio of free space, if all goes as planned.

So the "top teams have cap issues" vs "bottom teams have lots of spare cap" thing actually works? not bad if true. I think I can go into free agency with around 10 mio of free space, if all goes as planned.

Oh, I think I will still have cap, just a lot of my players dropped this year despite the Stanley Cup run. Can't wait to miss the playoffs this year and follow Montreal as sucking the year after they win.

Smiley90

Oh, I think I will still have cap, just a lot of my players dropped this year despite the Stanley Cup run. Can't wait to miss the playoffs this year and follow Montreal as sucking the year after they win.

No! I don't want you to have cap! I want free agency to actually have some players in it... It's too bad a lot of good players going to free agency in real life happen due to "location", which isn't really an issue in a simulated league... we'll see what kinda quality we get from it. that and the really week draft this year... kinda meh. :D

No! I don't want you to have cap! I want free agency to actually have some players in it... It's too bad a lot of good players going to free agency in real life happen due to "location", which isn't really an issue in a simulated league... we'll see what kinda quality we get from it. that and the really week draft this year... kinda meh. :D

I will throw it out there that I'm debating about Heatley because of his contract length and amount he wants despite dropping 2 ranks.

Socreges

Banned
That actually makes a lot of sense. They just won a Cup, for one, and players never take into account their decline. So long as they did really well in their contract year (and Heatley did extremely well for you), they'll want to get paid.

And Heatley is a dick

I'm looking to acquire a couple 5-6 million dollar wingers or 1 9+ million winger

Thank god Kovalchuk is signed forever

That actually makes a lot of sense. They just won a Cup, for one, and players never take into account their decline. So long as they did really well in their contract year (and Heatley did extremely well for you), they'll want to get paid.

Compared to the season before no, he didn't, he only stepped it up in the playoffs, regular season he only had maybe 50 something points (forgot what it was but it wasn't that great), but it was far fewer than his season before.

Socreges

Banned
daniel sedin is your man then
Did you release him to FA already?

Compared to the season before no, he didn't, he only stepped it up in the playoffs, regular season he only had maybe 50 something points (forgot what it was but it wasn't that great), but it was far fewer than his season before.
Right. How many points did he have? Thought it was at least 23 at some point. I don't think it's at all unusual that he'd be looking to get paid.

Smiley90

If Daniel and Heatley hit free agency, that would make free agency totally legit. Would surprise me, in a very positive way. I was expecting for only "bad" players to hit free agency in a human-heavy league, but I guess the cap/contract lengths DO matter after all. -rubs hands-

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I did and the best I have is a Comrie kid who's only a 3.5 so if I wasted my #1st overall on him I'll be pissed

Socreges

Banned
I noticed that Winnipeg got Hanzal. I wonder if Dallas lost the lottery?

Red, R3 on the player and then press the right stick left or right to see drafted info.

And I'd guess Marvie was kidding when he said he wouldn't sim tonight.

Smiley90

I noticed that Winnipeg got Hanzal. I wonder if Dallas lost the lottery?

And I'd guess Marvie was kidding when he said he wouldn't sim tonight.

Winnipeg was 9th before the lottery... even if they won it they wouldn't have advanced that far. Was Hanzal the other high rated goalie? Weird, maybe everyone moved him back in the draft priority list? Click on him, doesn't it show what position he was drafted at?

Smiley90

The two 4.5 goalies were the default #1 and #2 and the next seven were 4 star.

Surprisingly enough, I got one of the 4star Centers with my 10th pick too... I guess someone picked a 3.5 in the top10? And what I meant was, look at Hanzal and see what position he was drafted at. So a 4.5 goalie went to 9th pick Winnipeg? After Spectre already lucked out on Shinkaruk because Phoenix bugged out? Damn he's lucky.

Socreges

Banned
Surprisingly enough, I got one of the 4star Centers with my 10th pick too... I guess someone picked a 3.5 in the top10? And what I meant was, look at Hanzal and see what position he was drafted at. So a 4.5 goalie went to 9th pick Winnipeg? After Spectre already lucked out on Shinkaruk because Phoenix bugged out? Damn he's lucky.
I know. I wasn't replying to you.

Trying to point out that Red must've changed his draft priority list. Heading to the league now so I'll check.

Red_Man

I'll check it tomorrow when I'm at my xbox but I definitely didn't draft either 4.5 goalie, which is bullshit, fuck you EA. I didn't change any draft priority settings either.

Smiley90

I know. I wasn't replying to you.

Trying to point out that Red must've changed his draft priority list. Heading to the league now so I'll check.

aah. If Winnipeg indeed won the lottery, then they still would've only drafted at 4th.. that means that whoever drafted third must've kicked both goalies out of his top picks for him to get him. Still odd. AND Red didn't change his picks at all, which means he would've totally drafted him too. Unless for some REALLY random reason, the Central Scouting rankings suddenly changed between SCF and Entry draft and put Hanzal back to 4th or later.

Socreges

Banned
My bad. Washington, not Winnipeg.

Red.... you traded your 2014 1st rounder to Washington for Evander Kane, I'm pretty sure. Who knew it would become the first overall...

Smiley90

My bad. Washington, not Winnipeg.

Red.... you traded your 2014 1st rounder to Washington for Evander Kane, I'm pretty sure. Who knew it would become the first overall...

Oh :lol wow. Get a potential 29th pick, it becomes a 1st overall pick indeed. Wow. Guess wsox is in for a big surprise once he comes back on Monday! lol. I guess Marvie will kick him (wasn't someone else gone? yoda I think?) for the weekend to let the AI resign and then re-assign them team once they're back?

Red_Man

:LOL wow shows how much I've been paying attention to this past season.... well that's awesome, just awesome.

MacAttack

No.

I was gonna sim but I've been sick and was asleep for the last 11 hours or so. Now I'm going back to bed so I probably won't sim until tonight.

Did we sim yet? I need to see if my players sign the low ball offers I made. Eat some chicken soup and sim it forward!

It feels like we're being locked out.

Smiley90

Did we sim yet? I need to see if my players sign the low ball offers I made. Eat some chicken soup and sim it forward!

It feels like we're being locked out.

Naw, there was no simming last night, next sim and first re-sign sim will be tonight. Gotta check my lowballs too :p If Daniel/Heatley really hit free agency I need all the cap I can get... -cough-

6for8

So I didn't miss a signing round? Good news, sorta. Thought I missed the first round so put in some real offers to my free agents.

Looks like I have my first legit prospect. Rated 71 overall at 18 now up to 77. Should be a 113 when he is 25 if he continues at this rate.

Top Bottom