• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Socreges

Banned
Congrats, Arab. Only tears of joy on this night

Apparently Varlamov got injured early in the series. The EA taketh away, and the EA giveth.

Cake Boss said:
Might as well do the draft tonight as well.
The only advantage would be if people were interested in pre-draft trades, but it seemed like all talks went nowhere?

Buyouts are only during the resign period.

Stanley Cup Finals

DET 4 - PIT 3

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mMylg.jpg

mMylg.jpg

mMylg.jpg

mMylg.jpg

NEW BANNER TIME!!!
ARdLV.jpg

Went all the way to game 7 also, I am a happy man!

I apologize for all of that

Congrats, Arab. Only tears of joy on this night

Apparently Varlamov got injured early in the series. The EA taketh away, and the EA giveth.

Thank you sir,

I checked their injuries before the series and he was still in, but they had their backup goalie in who was playing out of his mind! So I don't know.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Please sim at least up to the Entry Draft at some point today Marvie, so we can check if draft-day trades even work, and so we can check player development. :)

How close was Game7 Crazed?

I see Heatley and Z dominating the playoff scoring with 23 points each... 3rd only has 19. nice.

2013-13 Champions?

Edit: Nevermind. You fixed it. :lol

Yeah, that's what I get for rushing it. It was a pain to find that similar font.

Please sim at least up to the Entry Draft at some point today Marvie, so we can check if draft-day trades even work, and so we can check player development. :)

How close was Game7 Crazed?

I see Heatley and Z dominating the playoff scoring with 23 points each... 3rd only has 19. nice.

It doesn't say, it won't let me go back and see the box scores for this series, same thing as last season between Montreal and I. But yeah, Heatley dominated when Crosby kinda was just there at times. Also Heatley played way less games as well because most of Pit's series were to 6 or 7 games.

Smiley90

so whats next?

Stanley Cup Finals

DET 4 - PIT 3

Offseason Schedule:

Thursday: 2014 Draft
Friday: Resign day
Saturday: Resign day
Sunday: Resign day
Monday: Free Agency
Tuesday: Free Agency
Wednesday: Free Agency
Thursday: 2014/15 season begins

. Also, probably at some point tonight/once the sim actually advanced to draft day, we'll be able to look at the progression of our players. If Marvie sims the draft tonight already, then everything -1 day.

MacAttack

Congrats Arab, I'm glad a user owned team won over the AI.

On the block:

Zajac (85 OVR) 30 goal scorer, two consecutive 70 point seasons. Would be willing to throw in another one of my forwards for the right player.

Edit: Are you simming now?

Looks like I didn't even get my achievement for winning the SC in GM Connected, though looking back at it I think you have to play the winning game to get it. Lame.

Smiley90

WTF EA. most of my players got worse, nearly noone got better. Karlsson got better by ONE, that's about it. Galiardi got better by one.

Kostitsyn -1 (despite playing 1st line)
Campoli -3
Kindl -1
Brule -1

The fuck. Not only did Kessel or Anisimov who had great seasons not get better, but also young players like Kassian, Hamonic or Seguin who are far from their potential and 22/23 years old didn't get better AT ALL.

Jesus EA, wtf.

The only one who made a bigger jump upwards was Teubert from 75 to 81, but christ, I was hoping my young prospects would at least get a BIT better, it's not like my season was THAT bad, and they played too. Seguin was injured half the season, fine, but Kessel? Anisimov? Kostitsyn? Hamonic? Gah.

Smiley90

holy fuck, Shinkaruk is now an 88, as an 19 year old. I guess they took all my player development and put it into Shinkaruk to make him imba. SCREW YOU SPECTRE.

Cake Boss

Banned
LOL Kopitar goes up to 90, niicceee.
Vanek comes down to 83 lol, FCK you too

Gardiner only to 84.
Carlson to 86
Faulk to 80
Barkov still 59?

Looks like I will getting rid of some D this off season, if anyone interested pm. Looking for forwards.

MacAttack

Fuck. Simmed the draft by mistake. Re-sign period has started.
Didn't get a chance to pre-rank my draft... Oh well, I probably wouldn't have changed the outcome of the draft anyway.

Jagr retired and Selanne wants another shot at age 43.

I did a quick glance since I need to get some sleep for work tomorrow morning. Heatley went down from 86 to an 84, Gerbe stayed the same, and I had a few others go up as well, though I didn't look at all of them fully, I'll take a look tomorrow, but I have a lot of cap room to resign players and add some free agents. Also will re-evaluate any players on the block as well, Shattenkirk might be one for those interested in top pairing young D man.

Congrats Arab.

Did you get Heatley from a trade or did you always have him?

Season 1 trade with Marvie that worked out really well for me, sent Lupul and Stajan his way, got Heatley and a prospect. Thanks again for Heatley Marvie! :D

The contract demands from my guys are ridiculous. Time to lock these douches out.

I like your thinking

theRizzle

Anyone interested in Leland Irving for a pick? He's an 84 and signed only for this year. He got me to the Conference Finals as an 83... *wink wink*

Smiley90

If this season has taught me anything, it's that having a bad year as a team is REALLY bad for player development. The only player getting better, Teubert, spent the season on Tampa.

Gonna have to really try in free agency and get a good team together, not just try with my young guys. Even pavelec got worse by 1 :(

Cake Boss

Banned
I wish it would have told you who retired on you team like it does in the offline mode. So I don't have to spend my fucking time going through each player in these slow ass menus and see who retired from my old team.

Marvie_3

Banned
Season 1 trade with Marvie that worked out really well for me, sent Lupul and Stajan his way, got Heatley and a prospect. Thanks again for Heatley Marvie! :D
Trade worked out pretty well for both sides. Stajan and Lupul were both really good for me this past season.

Just noticed Schneider got hurt during the DET series. May have had a shot at winning it if he had been healthy.

Cake Boss

Banned
Oh shit Kubina retired on me, will he count against the cap, he had 3 or so years left for 4M.

Philips too, but he was already a UFA this upcoming season.

Smiley90

Kane didn't go up at all =/

If this season has taught me anything, it's that having a bad year as a team is REALLY bad for player development. The only player getting better, Teubert, spent the season on Tampa.

Gonna have to really try in free agency and get a good team together, not just try with my young guys. Even pavelec got worse by 1 :(

:( Jonsson, did you have players go up a lot?

Karlsson was by far the best player on my team last season and the only one to go up, and he went up by 1... because my team sucked so much overall, I have to presume.

Oh shit Kubina retired on me, will he count against the cap, he had 3 or so years left for 4M.

Philips too, but he was already a UFA this upcoming season.

Retired players, like in real life, don't count against anything.

Lets see....

Kovalchuk still 90
Bogosian still 85
Martinez still 83
Umberger and McArthur went down 1 I think
Henrique up 1 to 82
O'Reilly still 81
Colborne up 2 to 80
Wise up to 79

WTF, Galchenyuk is a 67......I guess I have to play him in the damn NHL for him to develop

Whoa, one of my minor league goalies went up to an 80.......now I have 3 80ish goalies with a 4 star and 4.5 star prospect in the minors.....

Smiley90

Lets see....

Kovalchuk still 90
Bogosian still 85
Martinez still 83
Umberger and McArthur went down 1 I think
Henrique up 1 to 82
O'Reilly still 81
Colborne up 2 to 80
Wise up to 79

WTF, Galchenyuk is a 67......I guess I have to play him in the damn NHL for him to develop

HIS NAME IS DALE WEISE, THE BEST HOCKEY PLAYER THE NETHERLANDS HAVE EVER SEEN, YOU IGNORANT PERSON.

But yeah, that pretty much confirms the "if your team sucks, good luck having your players get better" hypothesis... I guess Spectre's Shinkaruk-explosion is an exception, because Shinkaruk's 5star-ness is just imba.

Now I wonder how the top team prospects developed, e.g. Crazed/Marvie.

So I traded expiring Gaborik for a 4 star and 4.5 star goalie.....not bad

I won the cup first year and my players didn't shoot up much at all, Galchenyuk not at all

I guess Galchenyuk can play on the 4th line this year, I have 80+ at the top 3 centre slots

Smiley90

So I traded expiring Gaborik for a 4 star and 4.5 star goalie.....not bad

I won the cup first year and my players didn't shoot up much at all, Galchenyuk not at all

I guess Galchenyuk can play on the 4th line this year, I have 80+ at the top 3 centre slots

Galchenyuk didn't play on your NHL team then though, right? Just wondering about the players that actually DID play a lot when the NHL team was successful...

Top Bottom