• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I've been in that annoying spot just outside lottery picks for a few sims now... Oh well. Looks like I'll be picking 6th/7th overall-ish.

Cake Boss

Banned
Wait, are last season's cup final teams even in the contention of the playoffs for this season? I know the Canadians are at the bottom but can't remember the other team, Dallas?

Smiley90

If anyone wants to broaden picks for the entry draft, I have picks and want to move up. Have three seconds, 2 thirds... And the 6th/7th overall... Wanna get either another first or move up from 6th/7th even. Let me know via PM or so.

Socreges

Banned
Pretty amazing how terrible Montreal and Dallas became. I saw that Dallas actually has a bunch of players in their 50s/60s on the main roster. How the hell? How many players did you trade away, Red?

If anyone wants to broaden picks for the entry draft, I have picks and want to move up. Have three seconds, 2 thirds... And the 6th/7th overall... Wanna get either another first or move up from 6th/7th even. Let me know via PM or so.
Can we actually trade for picks, though?

Smiley90

Pretty amazing how terrible Montreal and Dallas became. I saw that Dallas actually has a bunch of players in their 50s/60s on the main roster. How the hell? How many players did you trade away, Red?

Can we actually trade for picks, though?

I'm not sure. I remember it didn't work properly last time, but then I'm also not sure what day the "pre-draft" sim was until? Marvie, did you sim right until the day-of last time? Would make sense draft trades only worked on that day...

If it doesn't work, then oh well. Can always do trades post-draft with the players we drafted... Have to see.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
St Louis and timmonen retired without me knowing they were going to, then I overpaid burrows because the game said I had the cap space when I didn't. Pronger then got stuck in the minors for the first 1/3 of the season combined with my entire top 6 D and 6 of my top 9 forwards all dealing with injuries it's been a giant mess of a season. I should be able to rebound next season with some retooling and prospects hopefully blooming.

Wait, are last season's cup final teams even in the contention of the playoffs for this season? I know the Canadians are at the bottom but can't remember the other team, Dallas?

Yeah, I'm in first place in the league again unless Marvie (or possibly NY) passes me these last 5 games.

I blame my season woes on not having Tim Thomas in net, I really didn't lose much else from last season to this one......maybe the game has a stanley cup hangover modifier

Marvie_3

Banned
Arab beat me for #1 in the league because of loser points. >:|

Playoff matchups:

Eastern Conference
(1) NYR vs (8) TB
(2) BOS vs (7) PIT
(3) FLA vs (6) TOR
(4) OTT vs (5) PHI

Western Conference
(1) DET vs (8) STL
(2) MIN vs (7) VAN
(3) LAK vs (6) CHI
(4) PHX vs (5) SJS

Arab beat me for #1 in the league because of loser points. >:|

Playoff matchups:

Eastern Conference
(1) NYR vs (8) TB
(2) BOS vs (7) PIT
(3) FLA vs (6) TOR
(4) OTT vs (5) PHI

Western Conference
(1) DET vs (8) STL
(2) MIN vs (7) VAN
(3) LAK vs (6) CHI
(4) PHX vs (5) SJS

We also had a game against each other in the last sim which I won 2-1 in regulation, that could have been the turning point!

I feel good about playing St. Louis, however I have 3 of my defensemen out which kinda sucks (well 2 injured, 1 playable). I think they all should be back during this series since I think it will go more than 4 games.

Socreges

Banned
Horrible end to the season. Losing Oshie and Byfuglien was pretty devastating, I guess. Could see Minnesota sweeping me.

Is it just me or is the draft class looking pretty shoddy this year? Two 4.5 goalies and not much else.

Milly79

Seems I lost a few day to day the last sim. Kinda debating if I'll play them or not. I'm definitely not expecting an easy series and can definitely see myself losing it.

Did not finish the season to well. Boston and Ottawa caught up quick.

Smiley90

Went like 6-1 for the last sim and improved from 6th overall pick to 10th overall.. my team is terrible at tanking.

Socreges

Banned
I'm putting Brad Richardson and Jonathan Cheechoo in the minors so I can give Lander and Connolly some playoff experience. That means they're being 'waived' and anyone can claim them.

Horrible end to the season. Losing Oshie and Byfuglien was pretty devastating, I guess. Could see Minnesota sweeping me.

Is it just me or is the draft class looking pretty shoddy this year? Two 4.5 goalies and not much else.

:(

One of the goalies was 5* when I scouted him

Pretty fucked this year with Giroux out but Optimus might be able to pull some magic. Won't be on Xbox until this Friday either so no line changes possible. Hopefully I don't miss too much other offseason shit.

Tabris

When will draft and re-sign phase be? I'll be out of town starting Wednesday night to the end of the week after, so I may need to figure out another solution for myself.

I don't think the iphone app allows you to re-sign players?

Marvie_3

Banned
When will draft and re-sign phase be? I'll be out of town starting Wednesday night to the end of the week after, so I may need to figure out another solution for myself.

I don't think the iphone app allows you to re-sign players?
Should be starting around Thursday or Friday.

Tabris

Are you able to do co-GM's incase there's someone here that would be willing to play my team for a couple days as a favour?

Socreges

Banned
Sunday: Round 1
Monday: Round 2
Tuesday: Round 3
Wednesday: SCF
Thursday: Draft
Friday: Resign #1
Saturday: Resign #2
Sunday: Resign #3
Monday: Offseason
Tuesday: Offseason
Wednesday: Offseason
Thursday: 2014/15 season begins

Tabris, it has to be your gamertag.

Marvie_3

Banned
Conference Quarterfinals

Eastern Conference

NYR 4 - TBL 1
PIT 4 - BOS 1
TOR 4 - FLA 3
PHI 4 - OTT 2

Western Conference

DET 4 - STL 1
MIN 4 - VAN 2
CHI 4 - LAK 1
PHX 4 - SJS 3

2nd round matchups

NYR - PIT
TOR - PHI

DET - CHI
MIN - PHX

Socreges

Banned
Our series was a lot tighter than I thought it would be, Marvie. I was up 2-1 in the series, you won game 4, and then won games 5 and 6 in OT.

And Letestu played 5 games as a defenseman after Schenn was injured. My bad for not having a dman in the press box, I guess, but the AI really should just call one up for me.

Now pinning all my hopes behind Rev's Hawks until they're bounced in 5 by the Wings.

Our series was a lot tighter than I thought it would be, Marvie. I was up 2-1 in the series, you won game 4, and then won games 5 and 6 in OT.

And Letestu played 5 games as a defenseman after Schenn was injured. My bad for not having a dman in the press box, I guess, but the AI really should just call one up for me.

Now pinning all my hopes behind Rev's Hawks until they're bounced in 5 by the Wings.

I don't know about that, I figured I would take St. Louis pretty easily, but I seemed to have struggled against the Hawks this year I believe, so I have no idea. Have to get back home later today and check on injuries and who scored what for my team here.

Edit: Also someone stop Toronto, they shouldn't even be in the playoffs anyways!

Milly79

Milly will be crying after I beat him.

NYR 4 - TBL 1

iLIU7PScghJFM.gif

Rubber Ducky

Neo Member
Bummer. Calgary has my fifth overall draft pick (I assume, I'm not sure how the lottery system works in this game) because of my Theo Peckham offer sheet. We were a playoff team last season. We've only improved. How could this happen?

Socreges

Banned
Bummer. Calgary has my fifth overall draft pick (I assume, I'm not sure how the lottery system works in this game) because of my Theo Peckham offer sheet. We were a playoff team last season. We've only improved. How could this happen?
Most teams improved. We were able to set up our rosters better over the offseason, use cap space more efficiently, and the teams that were being neglected were picked up by the CPU.

I'd say your goaltending and wingers are maybe too weak to be very competitive. Hopefully for your sake Neuvirth develops over the offseason.

Also yeah... the sim system can be whacky, although over 82 games things are kinda true to the stats. I think my team would've been among the best if they weren't so ravaged by injuries.

MacAttack

Top 3 in scoring all season and my team can only muster 4 goals in 5 games?!

:smh

Second year in a row my team got bounced in the first round. Might be time to blow it up.

After looking over the stats for teams and players for the next round. I have the same stupid feeling I had when I played Montreal last year. I think the Hawks are going to take me which really sucks. If it happens some changes will be made for next year that is for sure especially with Shattenkirk and his horrendous play.

Marvie_3

Banned
Conference Semifinals:

Eastern Conference

PIT 4 - NYR 3
TOR 4 - PHI 3

Western Conference

DET 4 - CHI 1
MIN 4 - PHX 1

Conference Finals:

(6) TOR - (7) PIT
(1) DET - (2) MIN

theRizzle

The Toronto Maple Leland Irvings (aka Team Truculence) will not be getting eliminated this round!

Top 2 C's out? No problem says Craig Smith, 3rd line C. (Also 3rd in playoff points.)

Sergei Bobrovsky is a sieve? No problem says Leland Irving, AHL backup last season. I will just put up under 2.00 GAA and around a .940 SV% during the playoffs.

Pittsburgh Penguins,

b9055671a33b57a96fca780d8a1d330952f30343.png

Top Bottom