• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
You little bitch, GIVE ME.

Playing through this thing made me notice there aren't as many good RWers as there are LWers and not that many offensive dman.

Jack Johnson and Doughty were on sale just a few days ago and went to Crazed, shoulda snatched those :p

Cake Boss

Banned
Jack Johnson and Doughty were on sale just a few days ago and went to Crazed, shoulda snatched those :p

GM doesn't like trading within division

I gave a decent first proposal.

Girardi ( 86 overall, DFD, 30 years old, 3.5 ish M contract, pulled out 30+ points the last 3 seasons)
My #1 D prospect Cody Ceci
3 star prospect
1st rounder

Well that trade helped my team (now I have 2 other D men injured though right now which sucks). Actually had a good record this last sim and am now only 3 behind 8th!

Playing through this thing made me notice there aren't as many good RWers as there are LWers and not that many offensive dman.
I've got two very good ones in Fowler and Ekman-Larsson

I've also got a pair of 3 star OFD prospects that could develop into decent players. Both are 19 and in their 50's.

Socreges

Banned

So then, as with any other scarce resource in a competitive marketplace, the value of OFDs should be higher? I'll keep that in mind. ;)

Delryk, another PM

Smiley90

Hey Soc, now that you're Commish (?), what times are you normally gonna sim at? Evenings as well, like Marvie originally did?

Socreges

Banned
Isn't this for next season?
Yeah. Marvie might stay as commish past this season, but he just wanted to make sure there's someone to take his place if not.

Sounds like Smiley and I are going to do a 'co-commish' kinda thing so that the league continues to operate in the exact same way (ie, reliably simmed each night/morning) and so there's just as much credibility with respect to trade approval/denial. We might do a short list of all the unwritten stuff (eg, human-CPU trades will be heavily scrutinized) before Marvie leaves office. The commish(es) will continue to operate in the background with as little disruption as possible.

That's still some days away, but it's worth mentioning now. Raise any concerns/questions if you've got em

Smiley90

5-2-0 again. Galiardi pulling the team with 40 points in 43 games. Dat 3.5star. +10. By far the best player on my team.

Galiardi 40pts
Anisimov 33pts
Karlsson/Kostitsyn 25pts

by FAR the best :lol

Socreges

Banned
Running this past you guys before I send it off. Did my best to make it fair and erred on overpaying:

Sekera (DFD, 82 ovr, 28 years old, $3.06m x 1 yr)
3rd rd pick
for
Rodin (LW, 74 ovr, 24 years old, 3.5 star yellow, $0.925m x 2 yrs)
McQuaid (DFD, 80 ovr, 28 years old, $1.795 x 1 yr)

Anaheim is 28th in the league. They've got 1 top 2 D, and 4 top 4 D -- all veterans. Sekera is a UFA at the end of the season. He's 5th on their depth chart. Their weakest position is at LW, by far (Rodin). They'd need a top 6 D to replace Sekera (McQuaid).

Thoughts?

Marvie_3

Banned
Running this past you guys before I send it off. Did my best to make it fair and erred on overpaying:

Sekera (DFD, 82 ovr, 28 years old, $3.06m x 1 yr)
3rd rd pick
for
Rodin (LW, 74 ovr, 24 years old, 3.5 star yellow, $0.925m x 2 yrs)
McQuaid (DFD, 80 ovr, 28 years old, $1.795 x 1 yr)

Anaheim is 28th in the league. They've got 1 top 2 D, and 4 top 4 D -- all veterans. Sekera is a UFA at the end of the season. He's 5th on their depth chart. Their weakest position is at LW, by far (Rodin). They'd need a top 6 D to replace Sekera (McQuaid).

Thoughts?
You are a douche.

Socreges

Banned
i3fdwAVLyNiO9.gif

MacAttack

Is everybody getting spammed the same trade offer by CPU teams? NJ offered me the same trade three times on one day. Ana gave me the same trade twice.

It's too bad we can't accept those. I'd have done both trades.

My draft picks are available for anybody who can play (above 73 OVR). Can take on salary dumps and free up roster space.

Smiley90

Is everybody getting spammed the same trade offer by CPU teams? NJ offered me the same trade three times on one day. Ana gave me the same trade twice.

My draft picks are available for anybody who can play (above 73 OVR). Can take on salary dumps and free up roster space.

You CAN accept them, but they'll be treated with the same scrutiny any other human-cpu trade is treated. :p

Cake Boss

Banned
Yeah one team kept spamming me with Pacioretty deals and was hoping that the 4th time Marvie will just accept it.

Can one user control more than one club? I suggest the remaining CPU teams to be given to whomever wants to GM 2 teams, no trades will be allowed between the user's clubs though.

Socreges

Banned
CPU wouldn't accept that trade, even when I sweetened it.

Still looking for a 81-84 DFD. Preferably guys with one year remaining in their contract (so cap dumps are fine), though could take on a longer term if it's a fair cap hit.

Prospects/picks (even my 1st rounder) up for trade, and could give up a roster player for the right deal.

We agreed that any offers from CPU teams would be posted here first (and scrutinized) since they tend to be a result of faulty AI.

MacAttack

You CAN accept them, but they'll be treated with the same scrutiny any other human-cpu trade is treated. :p
I couldn't accept it because the trade was so lopsided and loaded with draft picks. I made a trade with a CPU team once this season already so yes I am aware that we can accept reasonable trade offers from them.
Yeah one team kept spamming me with Pacioretty deals and was hoping that the 4th time Marvie will just accept it.

Can one user control more than one club? I suggest the remaining CPU teams to be given to whomever wants to GM 2 teams, no trades will be allowed between the user's clubs though.
I like this idea. Count me in for a second team. This should be the first act of the new commissioner!

Delryk

Selling mode activated. ;)

LW Alex Steen, OVR 83, TWF (2nd L)
RW Martin Erat, OVR 82, TWF (2nd L)
LW Jesse Joensuu, OVR 81, PWF (3rd SCR)
C Paul Gaustad, OVR 76 GRN (4th L)
LW Jason Chimera, OVR 77 GRN (3rd CHK)
RW Rene Bourque, OVR 83, TWF (2nd L)
LW Matt Cooke, OVR 78, GRN (3rd CHK)

Smiley90

CPU wouldn't accept that trade, even when I sweetened it.

Still looking for a 81-84 DFD. Preferably guys with one year remaining in their contract (so cap dumps are fine), though could take on a longer term if it's a fair cap hit.

Prospects/picks (even my 1st rounder) up for trade, and could give up a roster player for the right deal.

We agreed that any offers from CPU teams would be posted here first (and scrutinized) since they tend to be a result of faulty AI.

Haha.

Want Fistric? He's an 80 DFD, but still quite young.

Selling mode activated. ;)

LW Alex Steen, OVR 83, TWF (2nd L)
RW Martin Erat, OVR 82, TWF (2nd L)
LW Jesse Joensuu, OVR 81, PWF (3rd SCR)
C Paul Gaustad, OVR 76 GRN (4th L)
LW Jason Chimera, OVR 77 GRN (3rd CHK)
RW Rene Bourque, OVR 83, TWF (2nd L)
LW Matt Cooke, OVR 78, GRN (3rd CHK)

Didn't you used to have Helm, what happened to him?

Smiley90

I have this feeling Soc is gonna pull a Vancouver this season. Dominate the regular season, then crap the pants. Or maybe that's just hope in EA's simming system. :p

EDIT: Soc got Spezza? When did THAT happen? Must've missed that trade.... I see Rask on the Islanders, so I guess the trade involved those two? Was that trade posted? :p

Socreges

Banned
Spezza + Kichton for Mueller + Rask

I've had one of the worst PPs in the league despite having the best offense. If Spezza doesn't fix it, nothing will.

Delryk

Spezza + Kichton for Mueller + Rask

I've had one of the worst PPs in the league despite having the best offense. If Spezza doesn't fix it, nothing will.

No way Spezza would have resigned with me just like how Miller did so thought id get rid of the old man. Heh.

Now i feel like the leafs. No first line players... except i think its just a matter of time.

Smiley90

No way Spezza would have resigned with me just like how Miller did so thought id get rid of the old man. Heh.

Now i feel like the leafs. No first line players... except i think its just a matter of time.

I have one first line player ( Seguin) and he's injured for half the season and I'm 3rd in the west... It's weird.

Socreges

Banned

I think you did well in the trade either way, especially if Mueller jumps up one or two points. You'll have Rask (4 star) coming up, too.

And I wouldn't say Spezza is old yet. But all I really need is for him to deliver this season.

Smiley90

I think you did well in the trade either way, especially if Mueller jumps up one or two points. You'll have Rask (4 star) coming up, too.

And I wouldn't say Spezza is old yet. But all I really need is for him to deliver for me this season.

Your team will be crazy for the next 2, 3 seasons. If you can resign everyone. Anything but you getting the cup this season will be a surprise/disappointment :lol

Top Bottom