• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
On that note, I'm looking into getting some 3.5+star RW prospects and/or draft picks... I have prospects/players from pretty much every other position to trade for that. I'm not that deep on RW, but a lot deeper on all other position, so I'm looking for a switcheroo.

Sent you another PM.

Don't know if the trade went through last night but it was:

To Det:

D. Doughty
J. Johnson
2nd

To Tor:
K. Shattenkirk
A. Semin
B. Schenn
M. Frk
4th

I gave up a lot unfortunately, but Johnson is an upgrade over Shattenkirk (same with Doughty). Semin was tough to let go because he was playing good on a decent contract but you have to give to get. Unfortunately I was too deep at center and I decided to get rid of Schenn instead of Couturier. as I have a couple center prospects coming up that can fill in for my 4th line, this means that Couturier can finally move up onto my 3rd line instead of being stuck as my 4th line center where he shouldn't be. I also have a log jam of forward prospects coming up, so Frk and the 4th round pick were expendable.

Overall I think I gave up a lot in this trade, so I don't know how it will all get figured out in the end. While my offense suffered (but I do have some good depth to fill in). My D increased greatly in skill.

Delryk

If someone is willing to get rid of a big name C, i might be willing to trade my 1st. Losing Spezza after this season and M. DOMI still needs a few years.. Lol

Smiley90

Fun fact: Columbus is atm the best team in the Central division. With 32 points. 16th in the NHL and 7th (well, 3rd muaha) in the West.

So glad my division sucks.

CBJ - 32
STL - 29
CHI - 27
DET - 27
NSH - 23

I'll still manage to pull a Calgary, but it sure looks funny.

Fun fact: Columbus is atm the best team in the Central division. With 32 points. 16th in the NHL and 7th (well, 3rd muaha) in the West.

So glad my division sucks.

CBJ - 32
STL - 29
CHI - 27
DET - 27
NSH - 23

I'll still manage to pull a Calgary, but it sure looks funny.

Win Stanley Cup, miss playoffs next season. Thanks EA!

Edit: Eh, only 5 out of 1st in the central bit still stupid.

Damn, did shitty this sim :(

Also the Montreal Canadiens have made a trade with their arch rival Toronto Maple Leafs

To Mtl - James Neal
To Tor- 2016 First round pick and some shitty prospect

Socreges

Banned
My team's got only 12 powerplay goals. But 6 shorthanded goals. So weird

Win Stanley Cup, miss playoffs next season. Thanks EA!

Edit: Eh, only 5 out of 1st in the central bit still stupid.
Is it? Is (or even, was) your team better than STL/CHI/CBJ?

Also you've only got 10 forwards up, dude. The AI doesn't automatically put incoming players into the minors (for obvious reasons), so you had excess dmen dressed and slotting in to your bottom 6, I'm sure.

Smiley90

Also you've only got 10 forwards up, dude. The AI doesn't automatically put incoming players into the minors (for obvious reasons), so you had excess dmen dressed and slotting in to your bottom 6, I'm sure.

Pretty sure his team is better than mine, esp now with Seguin out. I'll crash and burn soon, I feel it. The only thing my team has going for it is that my top2 lines are all positive and pulling the team, and that my team is fairly physical in general. My first line is PWF-PLY-TWF.

But if he has D-men dressed as forwards... Yeah, I don't do that :p also, season's still young.

Socreges

Banned
Pretty sure his team is better than mine, esp now with Seguin out. I'll crash and burn soon, I feel it. The only thing my team has going for it is that my top2 lines are all positive and pulling the team, and that my team is fairly physical in general. My first line is PWF-PLY-TWF.
Just talking about what led to the current records.

I forgot it doesn't bring players up sometimes, they really need to work on that AI so that D men aren't put on the bottom line when I have players that can be called up and work within the cap, and I thought trades occur at the end of the sim.

Smiley90

I forgot it doesn't bring players up sometimes, they really need to work on that AI so that D men aren't put on the bottom line when I have players that can be called up and work within the cap, and I thought trades occur at the end of the sim.

Well, given waivers SHOULD be on, it would suck pretty hard if the AI just called up players you didn't want called up. I rather do that myself. It's up to everyone to prepare their rosters accordingly. If I see I currently have no D-men in NHL reserve, but 2 forwards, I'll call up a D-man to be ready in case someone gets injured. Also, if you have players coming OUT of injury, the AI will send players down. So if I have two 75 forwards up and a 77 forward coming out of injury, the. 73 Dman I call up will be sent down to minors again as soon as the forward comes back, so I'll be stuck with 3 forwards on reserve. You have to anticipate stuff like that and send one of the 75 forwards down, so the 73 dman is guaranteed to stay.

The system isn't half bad, once you know how to deal with it.

But you're right, your lack of forwards atm is probably due to the trade.

Socreges

Banned
Did you bring up Jarnkrok and Jurco, or was that the AI?

theRizzle

If anyone is looking for a goalie, I want to move either one of these guys ASAP:

Jonas Enroth (86 OVR, 3.5 yellow stars, 26 yrs, 7.635 mil / 4 yrs)

Sergei Bobrovsky (81 OVR, 4 yellow stars, 24 yrs, 1.something mil for this year, then RFA next season)

MacAttack

Seguin out 45 games AGAIN. Fuck. Went 4-1-1 but fuck.
Should have traded him to me. He clearly doesn't want to play for your shitty team.
Do you guys upload your AI strategies build?
No.
This is true. When I traded Ward it didn't go through until after the games for that period had been simmed.

Smiley90

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure that the trades are effective immediately, but sometimes the players don't make it into the lineup right away

They're traded at the end. Remember our trade at the beginning of the season? Landeskog came to me with 3 games played (Winnipeg had 3 games played), while everyone else on my team had 4 games played (because I had 4 games played). Just as an example. So if Kessel is bad, just claim the first 4 games he played on my team are at fault :p

Smiley90

You're going to have to offer up way more than a first for a top six C.

I'm more surprised he's supposedly losing Spezza... why? Are you (Delryk) that close in salary and don't think you can resign him? He's not old, so I don't think he'll get worse/retire...

Smiley90

Also, whatever was up with wsox and resigning, it was weird... Because he only has 8 wingers IN TOTAL under contract. What's up with that oO. Also his best winger is a 3.5 white...

Ok, I am getting rid of Heatley, I am taking any offers, he is still a scoring threat and is considered a 1st line Sniper. I'm looking for some depth in terms of second line wingers and maybe a depth center/grinder. PM me offers please!

MacAttack

Smiley90 via PM said:
Heya, looking at our rosters, I'm lacking RW's and you're lacking LW's, are you interested in a switch between Panik and one of my LW's? Something like Panik for Stephenson&3rd or so. Or just take a look and let me know!

Do I want to trade my 73 OVR 4 star prospect for your 59 OVR 3 1/2 star prospect?

tumblr_m7u5e3CZqO1r8rtom.gif

Oh wait, you'll throw in a 3rd rounder?

oh_wait_gif.gif

I think these negotiations are over. If you want to come back with a real offer, I might look at it.

Cake Boss

Banned
LOL completely forgot about Stone, he is seriously my only decent RW prospect.

I was basically looking to get rid of my 3 star LW prospects for 3-5th rounders.

Smiley90

Do I want to trade my 73 OVR 4 star prospect for your 59 OVR 3 1/2 star prospect?

tumblr_m7u5e3CZqO1r8rtom.gif

Oh wait, you'll throw in a 3rd rounder?

oh_wait_gif.gif

I think these negotiations are over. If you want to come back with a real offer, I might look at it.

:lol, What did you expect me to do, START negotiations with a highballing offer? C'mon son, I was at least expecting a response or an opposite offer from you, not a public post of a PM that was supposed to be an entry-point. You could've come back at me with ANYTHING and I would've started negotiating, but... Lol.

Smiley90

Mac, just counter and ask for Ryan Murray. Be sure to tell him you'll throw in a 4th rounder.

Cake Boss, Panik is not that old

I was just objecting to "negotiations are over", when all he did was post my very first PM on here with two gifs, not even answering the PM with any kind of "valuepoint" for Panik he has. That's hardly a "negotiation". But hey, if he doesn't want to negotiate at all, so be it :p

Socreges

Banned
I was just objecting to "negotiations are over", when all he did was post my very first PM on here with two gifs, not even answering the PM with any kind of "valuepoint" for Panik he has. That's hardly a "negotiation". But hey, if he doesn't want to negotiate at all, so be it :p
Well, when a guy hasn't shown any interest in your player, or in giving up his own, and out of nowhere you give him a worthless offer (it is worthless, you'd agree?), why would he bother negotiating? Besides, it's much funnier this way.

Smiley90

Well, when a guy hasn't shown any interest in your player, or in giving up his own, and out of nowhere you give him a worthless offer (it is worthless, you'd agree?), why would he bother negotiating? Besides, it's much funnier this way.

Yeah it is, but just going in with a reasonable offer... what his this? Everything NHL/NHLPA negotiations have taught me is... false?

MacAttack

73overall 4 star doesn't mean shit if the player is already 25 or 26 years old and doesn't have time to develop.

Panik is 23. His player is 20. While there is a chance his player might get to 73 in 3 years, why would I take the risk?

Bingo. with an emphasis on the 'funnier this way' part.

Yeah it is, but just going in with a reasonable offer... what his this? Everything NHL/NHLPA negotiations have taught me is... false?

If you want to make a trade, come at me with a real trade offer. I don't want to waste time going back and forth over 3rd line players.

If someone is willing to get rid of a big name C, i might be willing to trade my 1st. Losing Spezza after this season and M. DOMI still needs a few years.. Lol

look at phoenix's centers. kane and Duchene will require more than a first. rnh and hodgson available (willing to negotiate) . how low is your first

the mason experiment is over after this season. unless he can win me a cup, he is off my team. streit and lucic with bounce back seasons.

I think I need some proper grinders and some good defensive forwards and defenseman on my team.

Delryk

look at phoenix's centers. kane and Duchene will require more than a first. rnh and hodgson available (willing to negotiate) . how low is your first

the mason experiment is over after this season. unless he can win me a cup, he is off my team. streit and lucic with bounce back seasons.

I think I need some proper grinders and some good defensive forwards and defenseman on my team.

Right now my first pick would be 3rd OVR.. lol

Marvie_3

Banned
Just giving everyone a heads up now, this is probably going to be my last season as commissioner. The only reason I even check my team anymore is because I have to start the game to sim anyway. I don't play any other mode in the game and at this point, I think I'm better off selling the game. I talked to Soccerges about taking my place but he hasn't given me a yes or no yet. I'll still keep the OP updated and everything for whoever takes over.

Milly79

Just giving everyone a heads up now, this is probably going to be my last season as commissioner. The only reason I even check my team anymore is because I have to start the game to sim anyway. I don't play any other mode in the game and at this point, I think I'm better off selling the game. I talked to Soccerges about taking my place but he hasn't given me a yes or no yet. I'll still keep the OP updated and everything for whoever takes over.

mgs3salute.jpg

Cake Boss

Banned

NOOOOOOO MARBLE.

Who has a OFD to give away.

Socreges

Banned
If Jesus came to you one day and said, "Hey, I need you to be the new Lord, Savior, King of the Jews, and all things to all men - you up for it?" what would you say?

Smiley90

Went 5-1-1 -in disbelief-

Fucking hell, make trade, shit the bed in the sim =/

If it makes you feel any better, it was your old team that shit the bed, not the new one :p

The king is dead, long live the king! But seriously, dang! If you decide to keep the game after all, you can always just be a "regular" GM, where minimum activity is resigning stage.

Went 5-1-1 -in disbelief-

If it makes you feel any better, it was your old team that shit the bed, not the new one :p

The king is dead, long live the king! But seriously, dang! If you decide to keep the game after all, you can always just be a "regular" GM, where minimum activity is resigning stage.

I dread what I went :/

Top Bottom