• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Take a look at Washington or San Jose, then complain. They have hardly any players signed, and definitely noone really good :/

Smiley90

So Marvie said everyone's on the table... but I don't know why he'd trade the top scorer while heading into the playoffs.

wsoxfan said he won't have NHL for weeks so take him off for now. mibupe signed some guys during the offseason and then may have disappeared ?

Well, given wsox was still trying to get clubgames on, I assume he still has it? I think he was just off during resigning period and his "replacement" might've screwed him over a bit. I think mibupe resigned some guys, so we'll see what happens this offseason! Maybe he's just not posting here often, like many other guys are, that are still active.

Socreges

Banned
Hmmm.. Went 4-2-0 with this trade.. And lots of GF.. (cept for the 2 SO losses)...
Trade goes through only after the games have been simmed apparently. And if I were you I'd be hoping to lose. Looks like there might be a 5 star forward at 1st overall.

Smiley90

Oh shit, tank time

Don't get your hopes up before the final draft priority list and rankings are out :p but yeah, looks like a lo better than last year, where there were NO 4.5 skaters... This year should at least have some. I don't think there'll be a 5star so soon after Shinkaruk, they're supposed to be super rare :p but who knows!

Smiley90

Best statistic atm in the game:

Ray Emery:

GP: 2
GAA: 9.06 (!!)
SV%: 72.73%

niiiiiiice.

Smiley90

I am now actively shipping Fistric (80 ovr, 28y, 4star DFD). Looking for a winger in return (<30years old preferably.)

Socreges

Banned
Wants:

81-84 DFD (UFA 2015 or a good cap hit)
77-80 d-man (preferably young, cheap)
picks/prospects

Trade block:

McQuaid (DFD) 80 ovr - 28 yrs old - $1.79 x 1 yr
O'Sullivan (LW/PLY) 76 ovr - 29 yrs old - $0.925 x 2 yrs
Cheechoo (RW/SNP) 75 ovr - 33 yrs old - $0.925 x 1 yr
Pouliot (OFD) 58 ovr - 4 star yellow - 21 yrs old - $0.925 x 1 yr
Rissling (DFD) 60 ovr - 3.5 star yellow - 21 yrs old - $0.925 x 2 yrs (really high trade value for some reason)
Rodin (LW/TWF) 74 ovr - 3.5 star yellow - 24 yrs old - $0.925 x 2 yrs
Teskey (RW/TWF) 54 ovr - 3.5 star yellow - 19 years old - $0.525 x 3 yrs
Luciani (RW/SNP) 73 ovr - 2.5 star yellow - 24 years old - $0.800 x 1 yr
Gibbons (C/PLY) 74 ovr - 2.5 star yellow - 26 years old - $0.925 x 1 yr*
Audy-M (C/SNP) 69 ovr - 2.5 star yellow - 24 years old - $0.925 x 1 yr*
<<< 1st/2nd/etc rd picks >>>

* Gambles. Could become good bottom 6 guys, but have a low ceiling, so I dunno

MacAttack

Early sim today? My team is going down the shitter and not necessarily because I lost Cam Ward. Ottawa finally passed me for the division lead and now Boston is in the 5th seed, fighting for a playoff spot.

Smiley90

CBJ:

Want: Picks/Wingers (Prospect or current, as long as they're younger than 30)

Trading Block:

C. Campoli (77ovr OFD, 3.5star, 30y) - Priced to go
M. Fistric (80ovr DFD, 4star, 28y) - Priced to go
P. Postma (77ovr OFD, 3star, 25y) - Priced to go - far ahead in development for a 3star
M. Leclerc (58ovr TWD, 3.5star, 19y)
C. Bigras (55ovr DFD, 3.5star, 19y)
B. Archibald (66ovr DFD, 3star, 22y)

G. Brule (78ovr SNP C, 3.5star, 28y)
J. Stephenson (59ovr PLY LW, 3.5star, 20y)
T. Zaborsky (77ovr SNP LW, 3star, 27y) - Priced to go

You can inquire about pretty much everyone else (maybe apart from Karlsson and Landeskog), but all of these players mentioned above will have lower asking prices.

1. Vancouver - 81
2. Stars - 72
3. Blue Jackets - 67
4. Wild - 66
5. Red Wings -65

AHLXP.gif

Wow did that trade kick my team in the rear end and told them to get going.

Smiley90

1. Vancouver - 81
2. Stars - 72
3. Blue Jackets - 67
4. Wild - 66
5. Red Wings -65

AHLXP.gif

Wow did that trade kick my team in the rear end and told them to get going.

So you're saying all that complaining was for nothing and Soc was right when he said the season was long? Either that or the trade, or both.

I have more games than everyone else, so you'll pass me too. I hope i can still make the playoffs, despite trading Kostitsyn. Now only have two 80+ wingers left on the team :lol

3 points out of 8th, come on Habs

Umberger is back!

Kovalchuck 90 - Henrique 82 - Macarthur - 83
Neal 84 - O'Reilly 81 - Umberger 83

I should have more offense =/

So you're saying all that complaining was for nothing and Soc was right when he said the season was long? Either that or the trade, or both.

I have more games than everyone else, so you'll pass me too. I hope i can still make the playoffs, despite trading Kostitsyn. Now only have two 80+ wingers left on the team :lol

Despite Soc's optimism, the team did take a 180 degree spin after the trade, and by that I mean the first sim that I had the players from the trade, I started having a winning record every sim instead of a losing record with most of the sims before. Sorry Soc, your moral support helped but I think it was the trade going by stats and such.

Socreges

Banned
Despite Soc's optimism, the team did take a 180 degree spin after the trade, and by that I mean the first sim that I had the players from the trade, I started having a winning record every sim instead of a losing record with most of the sims before. Sorry Soc, your moral support helped but I think it was the trade going by stats and such.
What nonsense is this? You were a .500 team before the trade and in your first sim after the trade you were 1 game above .500 ??

For one, you should have improved after the trade seeing as how you gave up some future for a better present. But more importantly, you started ranting and whining instead of waiting for a larger sample that would more accurately reflect the ratings (which were good pre trade). Like I said before you even made that trade, I started last season 8-8-1 and proceeded to go 26-5-4 (or something like that) despite not making any trades. You get the same ebb and flow in real life with the Leafs tearing shit up out the gate while the Canucks wait till December to really get going.

What nonsense is this? You were a .500 team before the trade and in your first sim after the trade you were 1 game above .500 ??

For one, you should have improved after the trade seeing as how you gave up some future for a better present. But more importantly, you started ranting and whining instead of waiting for a larger sample that would more accurately reflect the ratings (which were good pre trade). Like I said before you even made that trade, I started last season 8-8-1 and proceeded to go 26-5-4 (or something like that) despite not making any trades. You get the same ebb and flow in real life with the Leafs tearing shit up out the gate while the Canucks wait till December to really get going.

Uhhh.... I started the season above .500 first sim and then slowly started to have a losing record every week up until the trade, I was below .500 when the trade was made (something like 15-17-3 or similar) and kept dropping into 9th or 10th place. Dropping below .500 was the reason for the trade also. The week that I had the new players, my team started to get winning records every sim and now they are moving up. I was worried in the beginning with 20-30 games in because my team wasn't playing great. After that trade though, they greatly improved, I think they would still be down if I did not make that trade.

Socreges

Banned
Uhhh.... I started the season above .500 first sim and then slowly started to have a losing record every week up until the trade, I was below .500 when the trade was made (something like 15-17-3 or similar) and kept dropping into 9th or 10th place. Dropping below .500 was the reason for the trade also. The week that I had the new players, my team started to get winning records every sim and now they are moving up. I was worried in the beginning with 20-30 games in because my team wasn't playing great. After that trade though, they greatly improved, I think they would still be down if I did not make that trade.
Dude. Come on. Like I said:

theRizzle @ 12:12pm said:
You are 10-10-2 right now... Crosby (18), Gerbe (17), and Perrault (15) are your highest point getters.

I will have a look at your team and let you know.
CrazedArabMan @ 9:07pm said:
Big trade incoming!!
You have this weird sense of entitlement where if you're doing poorly the game is fucking you over.... yet if you start to win games then it's due to some miraculous trade that you've pulled off. All I'm saying is that you should understand the way these sims work and the element of randomness and cold/hot swings. I'm sure your trade had something to do with it (you gave up youth for more experience), but I have no doubt that you would've had that turn around, regardless.

And on finding that Rizzle post, I stumbled across this sequence of sage advice:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44219985&postcount=2761
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44222861&postcount=2762
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44229321&postcount=2765

If you're going to take credit for your team's turnaround instead attributing it to the larger sample, then give that credit to me. ;)

Dude. Come on. Like I said:

You have this weird sense of entitlement where if you're doing poorly the game is fucking you over.... yet if you start to win games then it's due to some miraculous trade that you've pulled off. All I'm saying is that you should understand the way these sims work and the element of randomness and cold/hot swings. I'm sure your trade had something to do with it (you gave up youth for more experience), but I have no doubt that you would've had that turn around, regardless.

And on finding that Rizzle post, I stumbled across this sequence of sage advice:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44219985&postcount=2761
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44222861&postcount=2762
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44229321&postcount=2765

If you're going to take credit for your team's turnaround instead attributing it to the larger sample, then give that credit to me. ;)

As stated my team started off 3-1 and started to fall from there, at the time of the trade they were even but had fallen to even after being only above .500 by only 1 or 2 games the last few sims before that (as they continued to have below a .500 sim the last two times or exactly .500). The sim in which the trade went through (the trade goes through once the sim is done). My team fell to what I now remember as being 12-14-2 (lt was not whatever I had said in my last post), which matched the continuing downward slope of my team. The sim after the trade my team started to go positive during each sim, reaching back to .500 and now above it. My argument is that the trade was the main factor of this and not the cold/hot streaks. They were continuing to go on a downward trend with around a quarter of a season in until the traded players were put into the lineup. While the hot/cold streaks may have had something to do with it, I believe the trade had a bigger factor.

Top Bottom