• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Socreges

Banned
His +/- was always close to even, so he wasn't a detriment when he was out there. Didn't get a ton of ice time on the 3/4 line. He's firmly entrenched on the the third line wing and can fill in at center as needed, we'll see how it goes. I'll be happy if I can get him into the 82-84 OVR range before he stops growing.

Matt Read is another guy who fell short of expectations. He gained a point after the first year and turned white this season at 77. I expected better but will give him a chance on the third line. He's another one that didn have a ton of ice time last season and suffered statistically and growth.
I'm just surprised at how lucky I got with that trade. Spurgeon is now 83 (24 yo) and putting up strong numbers. He's actually causing me problems since Schenn is also 83 overall and every time the lines are shuffled (constantly), $4 million Schenn is thrown onto the third pairing and Spurgeon joins with Leddy on the 2nd (both OFD). Might just end up trading the guy.

I thought I saw you were in 3rd-6th place in the East or something like that.

Nice, I was dead last in the east at this point last season

8th place, but everyone is pretty much bunched together, it's like the actual NHL :p Seems Crawford is playing decently and Galchenyuk has 1 goal haha

Third-string goalie (65 ovr) somehow made it into my game versus Minnesota. 3.71 GAA and a loss! Lundqvist is injured, but not sure why Leclaire wouldn't have played every minute.

Otherwise a few short-term injuries, but nothing major. Oshie's out for 40+ games for the third consecutive season, but.... he's not on my team this time. No idea what's up with him since he's got 85 durability. Sorry, Spectre.

I don't understand how 6-7 weeks translates int 42 games...

This stupid game, win the Stanley Cup, team sucks next season with pretty much the same exact team. Ugh, I find myself starting to care less and less anyways about the league now for some reason (kinda started in the offseason). No consistency what so ever, guy with the largest plus minus last season, nope, he'll start this season off at -5. Only thing consistent is that Crosby now takes penalties NON-STOP!!!

Screw it, I'm looking to trade away Heatley, Wheeler, Semin, or anyone else who wants to give me a decent offer for someone, I just don't care.

Cake Boss

Banned
What is wrong with this fucking game, its basically the same team that kept me top 5 in the league last season except I added another 2 top 6 players, a much better backup, and basically the same D.

Also STOP CHANGING MY FUCKING LINEUPS AFTEREACH GAME. WHY THE FUCK IS HUSELEUIS AT THE TOP LINE EVERYTIME. FUCKING ASS BALLS.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'm pretty sure everyone improved/tried to improve their team, so saying "my team is the same as last year but now it sucks" doesn't mean much when all the other teams got better... Just saying.

But yeah, EA too.

Socreges

Banned
What Smiley said. I think everyone's improved. My team is much better at every position except goaltending.

Also, I started 8-8-1 last season and ended up going something like 25-5-3 after that.

Socreges

Banned
Yeah but going from the top of the league to the 2nd last in the east is fucking nuts.
...you're 3 points out of 7th.

CrazedArabMan said:
I just hope my team can actually do that but who knows.
And so what if they don't? You're literally only 1 point back of the division lead, but maybe you'll end up missing the playoffs. Maybe just retool your defense and goaltending (which seems weak compared to other lineups that have been posted in here) instead of raging.

And Crosby taking roughly a penalty every other game..... is pretty much in line with real life Crosby. High aggressiveness, lower discipline. Staal is the same. Ah well. Could also have something to do with your team lacking grinders?

...you're 3 points out of 7th.

And so what if they don't? You're literally only 1 point back of the division lead, but maybe you'll end up missing the playoffs. Maybe just retool your defense and goaltending (which seems weak compared to other lineups that have been posted in here) instead of raging.

And Crosby taking roughly a penalty every other game..... is pretty much in line with real life Crosby. High aggressiveness, lower discipline. Staal is the same. Ah well. Could also have something to do with your team lacking grinders?

I would rather rage to be honest.

I wonder if Dean Lombardi would have this tough of a time trading Drew Doughty...

I would try, but I have no cap at the moment and am not sure what you are looking for. I can shed cap if we trade in terms of giving you a good player with a higher cap hit. If you want to work something out let me know, my team needs some re-arranging I think right now as I have probably fallen even more after this last sim (I haven't checked it today only speculating).

theRizzle

I would try, but I have no cap at the moment and am not sure what you are looking for. I can shed cap if we trade in terms of giving you a good player with a higher cap hit. If you want to work something out let me know, my team needs some re-arranging I think right now as I have probably fallen even more after this last sim (I haven't checked it today only speculating).

You are 10-10-2 right now... Crosby (18), Gerbe (17), and Perrault (15) are your highest point getters.

I will have a look at your team and let you know.

theRizzle

I tried but no counter offer or anything, Not sure what you are interested in.

I wrote it in my trade block last page or the page before, and Dan Girardi being the best piece coming back for Doughty is not what I would consider a serious offer.

TRADE BLOCK:

Toronto Maple Leafs trade block:

LW - James Neal (84 OVR, 4 yellow stars, 26 yrs, 7.05 mil / 3 yrs)
C - David Krejci (85 OVR, 4.5 silver stars, 28 yrs, 6.46 mil / 1 yr)
C - Patrik Berglund (83 OVR, 4 yellow stars, 26 yrs, 4.775 mil / 3 yrs)

D - Drew Doughty (89 OVR, 4.5 yellow stars, 24 yrs, 8.59 mil / 4 yrs)
D - Jack Johnson (86 OVR, 4.5 silver stars, 27 yrs, 5.375 mil / 4 yrs)

G - Jonas Enroth (86 OVR, 3.5 yellow stars, 26 yrs, 7.635 mil / 4 yrs)
G - Leland Irving (84 OVR, 3.5 yellow stars, 26 yrs, 4.32 mil / 1 yr) - ROOKIE OF THE YEAR

Looking for any combination of picks, prospects and younger rated/cheaper roster players

If you are in my division, I will be less likely to trade with you

You are 10-10-2 right now... Crosby (18), Gerbe (17), and Perrault (15) are your highest point getters.

I will have a look at your team and let you know.

So they continue to suck then, wonderful, they have went under 500 for the last 2 sims after starting the season 3-1. BLOW THEM UP!!!!

But get back with me when you have a look, I need to do something with my team.

As I have said before, on my block right now:

Heatley
Semin
Wheeler
Cole
Shattenkirk

and pretty much whoever else if I get a decent offer. I don't have much time to propose trades at the moment, but if you have offers, I'm open to hearing them.

theRizzle

So they continue to suck then, wonderful, they have went under 500 for the last 2 sims after starting the season 3-1. BLOW THEM UP!!!!

But get back with me when you have a look, I need to do something with my team.

As I have said before, on my block right now:

Heatley
Semin
Wheeler
Cole
Shattenkirk

and pretty much whoever else if I get a decent offer. I don't have much time to propose trades at the moment, but if you have offers, I'm open to hearing them.

Alright I sent you a PM. I accidentally sent you two different (probably horrible for you) offers in-game when I was working out the trade. Ignore those...

Smiley90

The west is kinda weird... Vancouver-37, Dallas-35, Phoenix-27.

then all the way til Colorado at 7th with 26 it's really close.

Smiley90

Landeskog leading the Blue Jackets in hits with 59. Not just forwards, whole team. Nicholsonyes.gif

Socreges

Banned
Anyone interested in trading an 81-82 or 84 DFD? Not 83 just because that pairs up the wrong guys.

Good prospects and picks up for trade

Socreges

Banned
I have Regehr who is an 82 if you're interested. Make me an offer.
Gonna wait to see if I can get someone else first, I think. $4m x 2 yrs would be doable this season, but could hurt for the next. Especially since he's due to decline. I'll get back to you, though.

I see Kessel's working out for ya ;)
Yeah, it's nice to see, though I'm not really surprised. 88 overall and surrounded by strong passers. I'd been trying to get a LW/RW sniper for a while.

Justice for mibupe

Really, I'm sure it's just more of your melodrama.

:lol, Gerbe is actually one of my best players too now. I don't know, I kinda gutted my offense in this trade unfortunately, no clue how this is going to work for me. Working on another trade to give me some more offensive depth to fix that then, but we'll see.

Shit, I'm at max contracts, is there a way to dump them? lol

Do my unsigned players count towards that cap?

:eek: maybe thats why some of my free agent contract offers weren't accepted =/

Smiley90

Shit, I'm at max contracts, is there a way to dump them? lol

Do my unsigned players count towards that cap?

:eek: maybe thats why some of my free agent contract offers weren't accepted =/

No, unsigned players don't count, but players to whom you've submitted QO's count... Also, I'll take Weise off your shoulders if you want. Or Westin. Or Gallagher. I have cap&roster space :p

No, unsigned players don't count, but players to whom you've submitted QO's count... Also, I'll take Weise off your shoulders if you want. Or Westin. Or Gallagher. I have cap&roster space :p

Hah, I'm not dumping anyone with 3+ potential just yet, if I make trades I just need to unload some of the expiring contracts

Top Bottom