• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
It's not about changing teams, it's about new signups :p aka someone decides to join the league now but can look at the rosters before picking a team.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
We're not restarting the entire league just because 1 person wants to be a prick. Everyone who's joined the VS league already has stuck with the team they originally wanted, so it's not a problem for us. Rosters stay the way they are.

Smiley90

I'll pick the same team as in the simmed league so hopefully noone will accuse me of checking out Columbus before signing up for it, and I hope every other new signup claims a team here first before looking at the roster ingame too.

Revenant

I'll pick the same team as in the simmed league so hopefully noone will accuse me of checking out Columbus before signing up for it, and I hope every other new signup claims a team here first before looking at the roster ingame too.

wait I thought we couldn't sign up for both yet.

Smiley90

wait I thought we couldn't sign up for both yet.

We can't, yeah, but I wanted to put it out there that I'm planning on taking columbus before actually getting the game, so noone can accuse me of checking out their roster before
Claiming it, which is possible.

Revenant

We can't, yeah, but I wanted to put it out there that I'm planning on taking columbus before actually getting the game, so noone can accuse me of checking out their roster before
Claiming it, which is possible

you are way too concerned about this.

Smiley90

you are way too concerned about this.

I feel like I am :lol, sorry if I'm annoying anyone with it, i feel like I already have.

I'll just shut up about it. I think I've just been way too excited about the leagues since it'll be the only kind of hockey I'll get all year, so I wanted everything to be "perfect". :D

I'm a Habs fan and I have Kessel, Kadri, Macarthur and Krecji. Just need to deal with it, Lol

I might be willing to trade for Kessel/Krejci, depending on which league you're talking about.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like I am :lol, sorry if I'm annoying anyone with it, i feel like I already have.

I'll just shut up about it. I think I've just been way too excited about the leagues since it'll be the only kind of hockey I'll get all year, so I wanted everything to be "perfect". :D

I might be willing to trade for Kessel/Krejci, depending on which league you're talking about.
I'm in the versus league.

Stat!

yeah, Purolator has my copy and I still haven't received it. At this point, it's being redelivered Friday. Short of that? Monday :/

I'm in the UK, and a complete newbie when it comes to NHL games or hockey in general but the demo convinced me it's worth a decent try.

Any opportunity for me to do stuff with some gaffers? I'm UK but have a nice fast connection at present so latency shouldn't be an issue.

Smiley90

I'm in the UK, and a complete newbie when it comes to NHL games or hockey in general but the demo convinced me it's worth a decent try.

Any opportunity for me to do stuff with some gaffers? I'm UK but have a nice fast connection at present so latency shouldn't be an issue.

You can sign up for the versus league, a league where you compete 1v1 with randomly assigned players on your team, managing your team and playing games throughout multiple seasons, infos in the OP! You can also sign up for one of the 3 GAF EASHL teams, in which you'll assume the role of a "weak" individual player and develop him as part of a GAF-team. Links to those should be in the OP too!

Red_Man

I don't recommend joining the VS league, you'll get destroyed as a beginner. I would recommend playing in VS and drop in games online to get the feel of it all, play against the CPU as well to get the mechanics down. Once you feel you've got a good grasp on things, play with Sox's club and see how that goes.

Has anyone been able to get the companion app to work? It keeps telling me I am not in a league.
Working for me fine.

You can sign up for the versus league, a league where you compete 1v1 with randomly assigned players on your team, managing your team and playing games throughout multiple seasons, infos in the OP! You can also sign up for one of the 3 GAF EASHL teams, in which you'll assume the role of a "weak" individual player and develop him as part of a GAF-team. Links to those should be in the OP too!

Excellent, thank you - doing that now :]

Edit: Just trying to think of a team, do I just PM right?

Smiley90

Excellent, thank you - doing that now :]

Edit: Just trying to think of a team, do I just PM right?

The teams that are still free are listed in the... 3rd post I believe.

Like Red said, it might be a bit hard at first, but if you exercise your full team skills you'll get better at it fast, and since we're playing multiple seasons anyway, you can just go into the first season as a "learning" season. And just in case you're new to hockey in general, at the end of every season there is a rookie draft in which you can claim young players for your team, and the teams that did worst in any specific season actually get to pick first (and thus usually get the best players) - so even if you lose a lot at first, you'll still get something good out of it and can come back stronger into the second season! And we'll always be here for tips&training.

And you just post your team and gamertag here or/and send a PM to Red Man!

The teams that are still free are listed in the... 3rd post I believe.

Like Red said, it might be a bit hard at first, but if you exercise your full team skills you'll get better at it fast, and since we're playing multiple seasons anyway, you can just go into the first season as a "learning" season. And just in case you're new to hockey in general, at the end of every season there is a rookie draft in which you can claim young players for your team, and the teams that did worst in any specific season actually get to pick first (and thus usually get the best players) - so even if you lose a lot at first, you'll still get something good out of it and can come back stronger into the second season! And we'll always be here for tips&training.

And you just post your team and gamertag here or/and send a PM to Red Man!

Thank you, I'll be playing a lot tomorrow anyway so no doubt I'll be more clued up.

Thanks guys :]

I'll go for the Philadelphia Flyers if that's okay - GT: Ravensmash

When is this all kicking off?

Phthisis

What are the free agent rules (are there any)? Do you have to get GM permission to sign an FA, once the transaction period is open?

Smiley90

What are the free agent rules (are there any)? Do you have to get GM permission to sign an FA, once the transaction period is open?

Just fyi, free agents will have several bidding rounds for everyone in the league to participate, from what I remember :D

Waiting on your approval for the Sim League Marvie.

Checked my top 3, the lack of any defensemen in that trio is making me nervous.

Red_Man

Is all this FA/team strategy essential for the versus league?
The only difference between the two leagues is the VS league we play each other in online VS games. SIM teams don't play, they just SIM all their games.

Smiley90

Oh okay cool

So... Kinda. The simmed league will go faster and cover more years, so more planning for the future will be required, while the versus league has more of a focus on playing and thus more optimizing the team short-term.

Who have you got Spectre? Just went by purolator and picked it up YEYOOOO

Smiley90

Wow. Bernier and Gustavsson are my two goalies

What a fucking shitty back end.

Sent my request out, now waiting for the acceptance :)

also, Bernier is pretty good and young ingame, isn't he? oO

I have Pavelec. I' happy.

I have Halak and some young AHL kid as my backup, I guess if Halak stays healthy and can play 82 games I'll be fine, if not... who am I kidding, my team is screwed for the first season.

Red_Man

Looks like I'll have to trade for a legit goalie, can't handle Mason full season.

Top Bottom