• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Milly79

Wilson - 1st line center. Would bump Leblanc down to 2nd and shitty Leino to 4th.
Bailey - 3rd line center.
Santorelli - 3/4 line winger.

Socreges

Banned
iCdp4XbXuMfDh.gif

Anyway, 126 points! This team is ridiculous. Hopefully Leclaire (80 overall) can hold the fort for one round. He did well in 6 games this season, so... maybe.

Also lost Leddy for the entire playoffs. He was unreal this year. 46 points (3rd amongst dmen) and +40 (by far the best in the league. no one on even my team came close).

Spezza out, too, of course, but my team's been fine without him.

And Phoenix has no important injuries aside from Hodgson.... not liking my chances with three of my top five players out.

Where would those guys have slotted in? Bottom 6?
When I saw his lineup before I think he had 6 centers between 81 and 78 overall. 3 of those 6 are now injured, though Santorelli's back in 2 games. Seems like he's got guys that can slot in no problem?

iCdp4XbXuMfDh.gif

Anyway, 126 points! This team is ridiculous. Hopefully Leclaire (80 overall) can hold the fort for one round. He did well in 6 games this season, so... maybe.

Also lost Leddy for the entire playoffs. He was unreal this year. 46 points (3rd amongst dmen) and +40 (by far the best in the league. no one on even my team came close).

Spezza out, too, of course, but my team's been fine without him.

And Phoenix has no important injuries aside from Hodgson.... not liking my chances with three of my top five players out.

When I saw his lineup before I think he had 6 centers between 81 and 78 overall. 3 of those 6 are now injured, though Santorelli's back in 2 games. Seems like he's got guys that can slot in no problem?

I made the playoffs... nice
still this is gonna be the last chance for a lot of my players. fire sale incoming

Team really coasted toward the end this year but we made the playoffs thus not falling prey to what happen to Montreal last season. Top 6 played great, but my bottom six sucked pretty bad, though I was giving some rookies ice time so that may have been a factor but oh well. Probably will get beat in round one but next season will be interesting in the growth factor for some of my players.

MacAttack

LOL I am guessing my back up couldn't hold the fort in the last Sim to secure that #2 spot in the east.

My team went 9-1-0 down the stretch and captured the Northeast title for a third consecutive season. Now I get to play the same Philly team that knocked me out of the playoffs two years ago in the first round.

Haha sweet, trading for Vokoun paid off

Haha wow, got in thanks to the tiebreaker

Sorry Leafs

No Macarthur or Umberger for the playoffs =/

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Seems like the first round with Lundqvist out will be the best chance we get at beating Vancouver then :p Was thinking about taking out pavelec for the last regular season sim too to avoid injuries, but didn't wanna risk anything, especially not dropping to 8th in the West. Paid off, didn't get injured :p

Socreges

Banned
Seems like the first round with Lundqvist out will be the best chance we get at beating Vancouver then :p Was thinking about taking out pavelec for the last regular season sim too to avoid injuries, but didn't wanna risk anything, especially not dropping to 8th in the West. Paid off, didn't get injured :p
Thought about taking him out, but he seems to do poorly after time off, plus... 'what are the odds that he'll get injured in the last sim of the season before the playoffs after already being injured once this season!'.... ugh.

theRizzle

I DEMAND A RECOUNT!!

What is the tiebreaker? Head to head I guess?

Losing out to a team that I have more wins than is rough... especially the Habs of all teams. Gross.

Smiley90

I DEMAND A RECOUNT!!

Losing out to a team that I have more wins than is rough... especially the Habs of all teams. Gross.

The tiebreak is games won without shootout... Is that stat even visible in the game? Then head-to-head...

Smiley90

This feeling... it's weird.... Feeling bad about Toronto missing the playoffs... I have to go kick a puppy.

I had more ROW :p

From NHL.com

* - Division leaders are seeded 1, 2, and 3 in Conference standings. If two or more clubs are tied in points during the regular season, the standing of the clubs is determined in the following order:

The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).
The greater number of games won, excluding games won in the Shootout. This figure is reflected in the ROW column.
The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs. If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included. If more than two clubs are tied, the higher percentage of available points earned in games among those clubs, and not including any "odd" games, shall be used to determine the standing.
The greater differential between goals for and against for the entire regular season. NOTE: In standings a victory in a shootout counts as one goal for, while a shootout loss counts as one goal against.

It came down to the last game of the season, and I won

I DEMAND A RECOUNT!!

NOOOO, my players I traded to you missed the playoffs!!!

Semin was doing well too. :(

Shattenkirk can go fall off a building after last season.

Socreges

Banned
Some ironic twists in Connected:

- Detroit beating Nashville 8-0 (sef would always brag about the Preds beating the Wings 8-0)
- Smiley facing Marvie in the playoffs (incoming commish vs existing commish)
- Leafs fan BigJonsson making the playoffs as the Habs while knocking out the Leafs in the last game of the season

And Crazed, I'd say Shattenkirk just needed a better D partner

You still have him?

No, traded him to Toronto in the Johnson, Doughty deal. Despite winning the SC last year and being my highest rated D-man, he was probably the worst player on my team. So he can suck it!

Some ironic twists in Connected:

- Detroit beating Nashville 8-0 (sef would always brag about the Preds beating the Wings 8-0)

- Smiley facing Marvie in the playoffs (incoming commish vs existing commish)
- Leafs fan BigJonsson making the playoffs as the Habs while knocking out the Leafs in the last game of the season

And Crazed, I'd say Shattenkirk just needed a better D partner

Sogood.gif

Eh, he had a good season before that playing with Jelly, and was with him the year after as well but completely sucked while Jelly played great, so idk.

Smiley90

Argh, I lost in 7. My big guys got brutally shut down. Vallerand, my 2nd line glass cannon and free agency-pickup had 9pts (6 goals) in 7 games though. Then unlikely players Legein (4th line) with 7 points and Gaustad (4th line) and Fistric tied with Galiardi, Karlsson and Landeskog, all tied at 6 points.

Seriously, how did I lose this series when I have 7 players with 6 points or more in 7 games :lol Pavelec with a 3.15 GAA ohgod.

Oh well, this seriously will still be marked as a success.

EDIT: Oh man, Soc lost in 6, and it wasn't Leclaire's fault cause he had a 1.92GAA and .94%... What happened there :lol

EDIT2: Yeah looking at Minny, holy shit this series was an offense-fest. I have 7 players with 6+ points, Minny has 6. But Stajan has 10 points, damn.

Marvie_3

Banned
First Round:

Eastern Conference

NYR 4 - MTL 3
CAR 4 - WPG 2
BOS 4 - PHI 3
TBL 4 - OTT 2

Western Conference

PHX 4 - VAN 2
CAL 4 - DAL 1
DET 4 - CHI 2
MIN 4 - CBJ 3

Socreges

Banned
Yeah, pretty sure I swept Phoenix during the season, too.

Losing Leddy and then Byfuglien, my top two dmen, two guys who never get injured, was maybe the difference since the last two games were 2-1 losses.

That's pretty discouraging overall. Score 3.4 goals per game during the season. Go into the playoffs with your team on fire. Score 1.7 goals per game in the playoffs. My #1 PK shit the bed, too.

There's no controlling chance.

Yeah, pretty sure I swept Phoenix during the season, too.

Losing Leddy and then Byfuglien, my top two dmen, two guys who never get injured, was maybe the difference since the last two games were 2-1 losses.

That's pretty discouraging overall. Score 3.4 goals per game during the season. Go into the playoffs with your team on fire. Score 1.7 goals per game in the playoffs. My #1 PK shit the bed, too.

There's no controlling chance.
haha you couldn't score on mason

Lidstrom and Kronwall were never really paired together.

Yeah, there are a few of us in here who actually play, maybe even more now that I think of it. Dang it, we still need that GAF pick up game.

know any good hockey workouts?

First Round:

Western Conference

PHX 4 - VAN 2

AHcmQ.gif

DET 4 - CHI 2

ajJnI.gif

But:

Injuries:
D. Hjalmarsson - out 4 games
I. Cole - out 5 games
D. Orlov - out 13 games
T. Vincour - out 12 games

FUUUUUUUU..... 3 or my top 6 out for next series!

know any good hockey workouts?

Do you mean on ice workouts or off-ice?
For off-ice:
Just skating and running have helped out quite a bit. Though basic fitness exercises can help out. I just do whatever to stay in shape these days so not really my area of expertise besides running and skating whenever I can.
For on-ice:
There are a number of drills you can do by yourself or others if needed. Google is your friend here. But just getting out and playing can be helpful, whether that is going to drop in, open skate, or stick and puck.

Not an expert on this stuff so my info is quite vague, maybe others can add on.

Top Bottom