• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Socreges

Banned
Well it was a tight, defensive series, I guess.

Missing Spezza (87), Byfuglien (88), Leddy (85) from my PP probably hurt. 4% over the 6 games.

Swance

Neo Member
Gonna be really tough to beat Milly. I lost Ennis for the rest of the playoffs so its time to see if acquiring Selanne was worth it.

Well that is unexpected.

So in the west we have:

6th vs 8th

And in the east we have:

1st vs 4th

Shaping up to be like the previous season's playoffs when I was 1st and Pit was 7th.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
if the 8th seed in the West wins the cup after eliminating the President's Trophy Canucks... this game reaches unprecedented levels of realism.

Socreges

Banned
Phoenix hasn't had one significant injury for the playoffs, which I think is one reason

But I'm rooting for them to upset Detroit

Gotta hate the defending champs, brah

w7MJD.jpg

MacAttack

mhmmm... I'll see. I was gonna say noone, it's a price for the winner after all. I'll see. I have Max Payne 3 lined up for the winner, if that's good.

Damn, I would have loved to get Max Payne. I'm glad I lost to a human since my previous two knockouts came at the hands of CPU controlled teams.

I would never have beaten Milly if I had advanced, good luck Swance.

Socreges

Banned
Seeing as how the only purpose of the post-SCF sim is to set draft priority rankings, and we've been able to do that for a few days now, we're probably going to sim it right after the SCF sim, like we did with the last season. So:

Make sure you've got your draft priority list finalized by 11pm PST Monday night

The draft and development/decline stats will be simmed at that time, or shortly after, and the resign phase will begin.

Tonight: Conference Finals
Monday: Stanley Cup Finals
Monday: 2015 Draft
Tuesday: Resign day
Wednesday: Resign day
Thursday: Resign day
Friday: Offseason (free agency/trades)
Saturday: Offseason (free agency/trades)
Sunday: Offseason (free agency/trades)
Monday: 2015/16 season begins

Smiley90

Seeing as how the only purpose of the post-SCF sim is to set draft priority rankings, and we've been able to do that for a few days now, we're probably going to sim it right after the SCF sim, like we did with the last season. So:

Make sure you've got your draft priority list finalized by 11pm PST Monday night

The draft and development/decline stats will be simmed at that time, or shortly after, and the resign phase will begin.

Tonight: Conference Finals
Monday: Stanley Cup Finals
Monday: 2015 Draft
Tuesday: Resign day
Wednesday: Resign day
Thursday: Resign day
Friday: Offseason (free agency/trades)
Saturday: Offseason (free agency/trades)
Sunday: Offseason (free agency/trades)
Monday: 2015/16 season begins

I hope I still get a 4star prospect out of this year's draft, last time I checked they ended at around pick Nr. 20 or so... i SHOULD still be in that. Damn I want one of those 4.5star RW's :(

Team made it farther than what I thought they would, too bad they didn't put up a fight in this last series. :/

Just hoping I have some good player growth this season unlike last season.

Smiley90

Since I'm thinking about joining, what do the Avs, Canes, and Pens rosters look like?

Pens made the cup final last year, Canes made the playoffs this year. Some big names:

(Don't pay much attention to regular season, Random took Phoenix from AI-controlled last place to the cup final this year)

Canes, 13th regular season this year:
Kesler, Benn, Del Zotto, Yandle, Bryzgalov

Pens, 21st
P.&M.A. Bergeron, Higgins, Laich, Markov. Zetterberg, Phaneuf, Varlamov

Col, 19th
Datsyuk (might retire), Havlat, Liles, Nash, Vermette, Sbisa, Pacioretty.

I believe the Avs were one of the older teams, not sure though. You can also check "best players" and average age from the "select team" screen! Those are just the names I recognized right away, not necessarily the best players - you'll have 3 years of development from current rosters ;)

Socreges

Banned
(Don't pay much attention to regular season, Random took Phoenix from AI-controlled last place to the cup final this year)
Regular season indicates the quality of the current team, but yeah things change fast. Pittsburgh was in the SCF last season, missed the playoffs this season, and will only get worse. Just checked them out and they're old with very few good prospects. Would be a challenging rebuild.

[edit] Holy shit. Just noticed that Dallas (CPU) had Taylor Hall in the AHL for the entire season. Something something AHL superstar

Smiley90

Regular season indicates the quality of the current team, but yeah things change fast. Pittsburgh was in the SCF last season, missed the playoffs this season, and will only get worse. Just checked them out and they're old with very few good prospects. Would be a challenging rebuild.

Yeah I think the Avs got the oldest roster back when the random draft happened, so they're definitely as old as pittsburgh too. I think Canes have a reasonable roster and should be younger. Someone on their xbox could probably give you better info on the quality of their prospects, since they don't show up on the NHL team statistics of the iphone app (and the Trade menu is down because it's the playoffs, so I can't check there)

CCF23

Okay, so looking over my roster it looks something like:

Hall (85) - Getzlaf (87) - E. Kane (84)
Doan (81) - Fisher (81) - Burrows (82)
Beach (79) - Winnik (78) - Dupuis (79)
Hagman (77) - Tootoo (76) - Sturm (77)

Hamhuis (86) - White (84)
Jackman (82) - Ohlund (80)
Hannan (79) - McIlrath (73)
Ericsson (77)

Luongo (86)
Gustavsson (75)

Any of my 2nd line will be available, but Burrows will be hardest to get. I want to get younger, so I'm obviously willing to take less established players right now. I also need to trade for bottom 6 C's as both Winnik and Tootoo are wingers playing C. Willing to talk about trading any of my bottom 6 (aside from Beach) for a similarly rated C.

On D, willing to listen on Hamhuis. I'll be actively shopping Jackman, Ohlund, and Hannan. If any of them are of interest to you, shoot me an offer.

Also willing to listen on Luongo.

Ericsson (77)

Luongo (86)
Gustavsson (75)

Any of my 2nd line will be available, but Burrows will be hardest to get. I want to get younger, so I'm obviously willing to take less established players right now. I also need to trade for bottom 6 C's as both Winnik and Tootoo are wingers playing C. Willing to talk about trading any of my bottom 6 (aside from Beach) for a similarly rated C.

On D, willing to listen on Hamhuis. I'll be actively shopping Jackman, Ohlund, and Hannan. If any of them are of interest to you, shoot me an offer.

look at phoenix. got a lot of young c's. are either hall or kane available? also jackman looks interesting. willing to swap d's. interested in streit?

Smiley90

Ericsson (77)

Luongo (86)
Gustavsson (75)

Red did a good job with Dallas, I see :p

Top Bottom