• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Socreges

Banned
Older than it is now, I assume? Gave up vets to get Hall and Kane or were they there all along?
Much older. Red_Man traded some vets and picks for Hall, Kane, and Beach. He traded a future 1st rounder for Kane, which probably seemed like a good idea at the time, but bombed in his second season and that 1st rounder became the #1 pick (4.5 goalie prospect). He'd forgotten that he didn't have the pick, though, and was blaming EA for messing up the draft before we realized what had happened. Pretty tragic/funny stuff.

Shinkaruk (93)
Unreal. Funny to think that you got him out of sheer luck (Random_tag accidentally not saving his draft priority list).

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Holy shit.

Who went first overall and what's he rated now?

MacKinnon went first overall, because for some reason the AI rated him higher than Shinkaruk, and the AI goes by Central Scouting.

That's the bottom line, at least. Technically, Random had already had control of Phoenix at the time, but his draft priority didn't get saved. Given that he just won the cup, and his team is already scary, that's probably for the best...

Smiley90

Oh wow, Bobby Ryan got released into Free Agency? Really? What team was he on, who of you guys released him?

Socreges

Banned
Horak 76->80 (thanks Soc!)
Thanks for Kessel. If you remember, you kept saying Horak (and other 3.5 guys) were "potential 3rd liners" and I kept telling you "No, they're potential 2nd liners". There ya go. Also glad I didn't give you Boedker instead. 83 overall now and $1.9m per.

Cake Boss

Banned
:O goddamn, I think I drafted an 18 year old kid who'salready 73OVR, 3 star though. Still waiting on Stone, Puempel, Barkov to develop, taking their sweet ass time.

I have to do a big trade or something, got too many players on my reserve.

Older than it is now, I assume? Gave up vets to get Hall and Kane or were they there all along?

Offered Beach a little more than I'm comfortable with now (around 2.5) to hopefully get him on a 6 year deal. He's improved to a 79 and is still fairly young and 4 stars...Gonna try and lock him in long term hoping he hits the mid 80s by the halfway point of the deal.

Dallas had Luongo and Thomas

Thomas was traded to the Habs for a 4 star prospect and went on to win the cup :)

Tuesday: Resign day
Wednesday: Resign day
Thursday: Resign day
Friday: Offseason (free agency/trades)
Saturday: Offseason (free agency/trades)
Sunday: Offseason (free agency/trades)
Monday: 2015/16 season begins

theRizzle

I would like to make sure that everyone I want to re-sign accepts the deals I send so I would rather have a couple extra days. At least one anyway.

Smiley90

I would like to make sure that everyone I want to re-sign accepts the deals I send so I would rather have a couple extra days. At least one anyway.

Yeah we'll stick to the schedule above, don't worry. Everyone gets 3 rounds of contract offers in, so you get a hopefully reasonably negotiated contract and don't have to cave in to the players too much.

Socreges

Banned
Hope i have a few who can step up this season... :) blah.. Still have yo wait 6 hrs to see my players...
Your #1 pick, Delmas, debuted at 83 overall. 20 years old, though, but still awesome.

Looks like the #2 and #3 picks are also 80ish from the get-go.

Smiley90

Your #1 pick, Delmas, debuted at 83 overall. 20 years old, though, but still awesome.

Looks like the #2 and #3 picks are also 80ish from the get-go.

Hooooly. Everyone's picks debut so high, even late 1sts.... Damn. Totally lost out :(

Willing to pay for one of those 3 4.5star RW's that were drafted. Delryk, Dastardl I think should've gotten them from non-AI teams?

Smiley90

I'll probably be simming sometime between 11 and 12 PST every evening, if that's fine for everyone?

Milly79

Lol all I remember is J. Morin and C. Cizikas being mid 70s, now both 81s.

Leino, Cizikas, Wilson, Leblanc and Bailey all 80 centers. Rofl.

Leino is definitely getting the fucking boot.

Smiley90

Lol all I remember is J. Morin and C. Cizikas being mid 70s, now both 81s.

Leino, Cizikas, Wilson, Leblanc and Bailey all 80 centers. Rofl.

Leino is definitely getting the fucking boot.

I take it you're sticking with NYR then?

lol@Leino.

Smiley90

Yeah, may as well.

Question: if I bury Grossman and Leino at the beginning of the season, will it count against my cap?

The cap goes in effect once the regular season starts. If you then bury them, they won't count against the cap, no. Given that the game doesn't normally let you SIGN players over the cap though, you can't, say, go 5 mill over the cap now, then bury them and be left with 1 mio of cap space. Instead you can spend to the cap, then bury them and you'll have 6 mio of cap only once the season starts.

For some reason, cap calculation is really odd though, and sometimes the game actually DOES let you spend over the cap, for whatever reason.

So, bottom line: No, they won't count against the cap if you bury them, but they will count against the cap all throughout offseason.

Also, burying 1way contracts is frowned upon, and if you ever call them up they have to stay up, because Waivers aren't active, so we have to self-regulate ourselves a bit here.

Milly79

That's fine, I don't plan on bringing them back up ever again. :)

My D took a hit, with Boyle retiring. Think I'm short 2 80 D now.

LW is locked down with all 80s.

C is all 80 as well.

Can't remember on RW, but I believe it's just 1 80 I'm missing, could be 2.

Not sure if this is good for development or what, but I can't seem to get away from having depth. :\

Had 21m to resign Briere, Wilson, Bailey, Cizikas, Morin, Mcbain and Sexsmith. They all wanted 3mil + aside from Sexsmith and Morin. :lol

Socreges

Banned
Yeah, I've been building young for three seasons and everyone's hitting ~80 now so suddenly I've got 13 players who are at a minimum 3rd line forwards. All signed to good contracts. I'll definitely be looking to trade for dmen, for anyone needing wingers.

Think I'll be looking to trade Byfuglien and/or Kulikov, too, if they can help net me a top DFD.

Socreges

Banned
Does anyone know how the AI sets our lines? Does it follow 1st/2nd/3rdC/4th or 83/82/81 OVR? Filatov is now 81/2nd while Kunitz is 82/3rdS so I'm wondering which one would get placed on the 2nd line when it does 'Best Lines' after an injury.

theRizzle

Unless the draft class is mindblowing, I will probably looking to trade the 2 1st round picks I have this year in a deal for a top line centre.

CCF23

Unless the draft class is mindblowing, I will probably looking to trade the 2 1st round picks I have this year in a deal for a top line centre.

What team are you? I'd be open to trading Getzlaf for the right price.

What time is going to be the normal sim time? 11 or so PST?

Smiley90

What team are you? I'd be open to trading Getzlaf for the right price.

What time is going to be the normal sim time? 11 or so PST?

Rizzle is Toronto, for a more-or-less current list of the teams/GMs, check the OP! I'll ask Marvie to update it once this resigning stage is over and we know who's here. :)

And yeah, 11-12PST will roughly be when I sim, I'll always post when I actually do though, That's an okay time for everyone, right?

Smiley90

That's why I said I would be willing to include them in a deal. I wasn't expecting to trade only 2 1sts for a top line C. Do you have an offer or were you just critiquing my trade block?

He's just still bitter that Toews is asking for 12 mio.

yo,

mason (conn smythe winner) available. 1 year left making about 5mil.
hodgson available (rfa) or if the price is right, Duchene (maybe kane)
don't know what happened to streit, but if I find him, he is available.

holy shit my goalie pool sucks

Socreges

Banned
That's why I said I would be willing to include them in a deal. I wasn't expecting to trade only 2 1sts for a top line C. Do you have an offer or were you just critiquing my trade block?
He does that. Said mine was awful and meanwhile three of those players went +4, +5 and +5 during the offseason. Luciano was a shock, though. 2.5 prospect reaching 78 and still time to develop? Didn't know that was possible.

Smiley90

yo,

mason (conn smythe winner) available. 1 year left making about 5mil.
hodgson available (rfa) or if the price is right, Duchene (maybe kane)
don't know what happened to streit, but if I find him, he is available.

If you're looking at the app: Players who are UFA/RFA don't show up under "stats" of the app, since they're technically not part of your team. So if he's not there, he probably needs to be resigned.

If you're looking at the game and you can't find him.... then he might've retired.

If you're looking at the app: Players who are UFA/RFA don't show up under "stats" of the app, since they're technically not part of your team. So if he's not there, he probably needs to be resigned.

If you're looking at the game and you can't find him.... then he might've retired.

app?

Socreges

Banned
iOS Connected app

Streit must have retired.

And how much is Hodgson asking for? Saw that he went up to 85, as if you needed the help at C

Smiley90

Sorry, there's an iPhone/iOS app for GM Connected, it's official and pretty awesome. You can do trades with it, free agent signings, look at all your players, and check out team/player/goalie stats. Extremely helpful if you don't wanna start your xbox every day or so to check how your team is doing. You can't do resignings or line editing though.

iOS Connected app

Streit must have retired.

And how much is Hodgson asking for? Saw that he went up to 85, as if you needed the help at C

north of 6mil I think. too much for someone who hasn't done much

Sorry, there's an iPhone/iOS app for GM Connected, it's official and pretty awesome. You can do trades with it, free agent signings, look at all your players, and check out team/player/goalie stats. Extremely helpful if you don't wanna start your xbox every day or so to check how your team is doing. You can't do resignings or line editing though.

available for anything else but ios?

HA_HA_HA,_OH_WOW.jpg

Socreges

Banned

available for anything else but ios?
Well you'll have to sign and then trade him. If you have the cap space. If you don't he'll get offer sheeted but you'll get decent compensation (1st and 3rd,I think).

Smiley90

Random_Tag didn't like any of RAGE/Max Payne 3/Crysis 2, so he got The Witcher 2 instead for winning the cup. Spoiled brat! :p

Top Bottom