• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Fun fact: It looks like Delryk/Islanders actually won the lottery. They picked first overall (data 4.5star, 83ovr pick, I WANT HIM), but they went into the draft with the 3rd overall pick. Nice :D

CCF23

My re-signings from day 1:

Jordan Tootoo 1 year @ $1.2 million
Kyle Broadziak 2 years @ $2.4 million
Dylan McIlrath 3 years @ $1.65 million
Kyle Beach 6 years @ $2.45 million

Looks like the following turned down these deals:

Pascal Dupuis 1 year @ $2.85
Mike Fisher 1 year @ $3
Shane Doan 1 year @ $2.65

Smiley90

My re-signings from day 1:

Jordan Tootoo 1 year @ $1.2 million
Kyle Broadziak 2 years @ $2.4 million
Dylan McIlrath 3 years @ $1.65 million
Kyle Beach 6 years @ $2.45 million

Looks like the following turned down these deals:

Pascal Dupuis 1 year @ $2.85
Mike Fisher 1 year @ $3
Shane Doan 1 year @ $2.65

Doan's still playing? how old is he now :lol

CCF23

I really don't understand the math that went into how much cap space I have left. I had $21 million left yesterday, and signed:

Dupuis 1 year/2.85
Fisher 1 year/3
Doan 1 year/2.65
Tootoo 1 year/1.2
Broadziak 2 years/2.4
Beach 6 years/2.45
McIlrath 3 years/1.65

So that's $16.2 million in one-way contracts. I should have about $5 million left, but for some reason I have $16 million left, and all those guys are signed.

Bank error in my favour?

Smiley90

I really don't understand the math that went into how much cap space I have left. I had $21 million left yesterday, and signed:

Dupuis 1 year/2.85
Fisher 1 year/3
Doan 1 year/2.65
Tootoo 1 year/1.2
Broadziak 2 years/2.4
Beach 6 years/2.45
McIlrath 3 years/1.65

So that's $16.2 million in one-way contracts. I should have about $5 million left, but for some reason I have $16 million left, and all those guys are signed.

Bank error in my favour?

Like I said before, Cap Space calculations by the game are.... odd. They're hardly ever accurate. Last year I signed a player for 3 mio and my cap space actually went UP. It's really odd. Just be happy :p Keep that in mind when doing free agent signings too: If it says 11 mio, it might not actually be 11 mio... so if you submit offers over 13mio total, you might randomly end up either at cap, 2 mio over cap, or still several mio under cap.

I don't think anyone's figured out what exactly is happening, so the answer probably is: EA.

Milly79

I'd say mine was pretty spot on this year. Only have Cizikas left to sign, too. >.<

Hopefully I'll be getting 9m+ added when I dump Leino and Grossman.

Also, how much room do we have to play with the numbers they want? Anyone know? I didn't want to gamble so either gave them a) what they wanted if I felt it was fair, or b) a little less, like not even a mil less. :\

Socreges

Banned
I'd say mine was pretty spot on this year. Only have Cizikas left to sign, too. >.<

Hopefully I'll be getting 9m+ added when I dump Leino and Grossman.

Also, how much room do we have to play with the numbers they want? Anyone know? I didn't want to gamble so either gave them a) what they wanted if I felt it was fair, or b) a little less, like not even a mil less. :
Seems pretty random to me. Sometimes they take a big cut while others don't. I've had more success than not, though. But maybe because I've had a strong team.

That said, I'm pretty sure Kreider and Filatov are gonna give me fits. Not everyone wants to be a hero. Thank you, Brett Connolly, for taking 1.35m despite growing from 77-79 and making 1.8m last season.

Socreges

Banned
2-yr deal. His asking price was only like $1.6m. It went up by quite a bit when I tried more years, though. He must be playing the long game, but I'm happy to get him at a huge discount for the next two seasons. Surprised me that he took my first offer.

Bought out some minor league contracts so I could position my prospects into good development positions on the farm. Hopefully, some of my 3star D prospects can develop into serviceable bottom pairing dmen.

Edit: Also, the fuck is up with Wellwood. He's an 84ovr this season, but he's still listed as 3rdS.

spent about 15mil on lucic and kane
Hodgson asking for 6mil per year / 5 years. Screw him, either accept my qualifying offer or sit the fuck out.

I think streit and Ladd retired. MacKinnon is a 74. Nice progression

Cake Boss

Banned
Do recently drafter players count towards your reserve list, the unsigned one which haven't received their first ELC? Or the reserve list just the signed contracts?

Do recently drafter players count towards your reserve list, the unsigned one which haven't received their first ELC? Or the reserve list just the signed contracts?

Only signed contracts count toward that 50 contract limit, so unsigned players do not.

Edit: Dang I have 8 top 6 or better D men right now.

Socreges

Banned
I don't know who else is available, but I did go and check Florida's growths since they have JVR/Huberdeau/Eriksson (all 1st line LWs).

I'm hoping people cross the $8.766 threshold ('16 1st/2nd/3rd, '17 1st) to get him. I'm thinking that'll be what's necessary. Good luck to anyone with cap space.

Smiley90

There's no way Hodgson won't get offer sheeted :p I'll have to see how much cap I have left, if it's worth it to even offer sheet Hubs... not to mention, I don't even think I still have my 2nd round draft pick from the year I'd have to give it up from :/

Smiley90

Friendly reminder that until tmrw evening is your last chance to resign players and put in qualifying offers for your RFA's before free agency starts and trades open!

Depending on how free agency goes (given my limited cap space, I probably can't splash hard, so yeah, no based huberdau), the following players I'll probably consider offers for:

Given away for cheap:

G.Brule (77ovr, 28y, 3.5star SNP C)
M.Fistric (79ovr, 29y, 4star DFD)
T.Zaborsky (76ovr, 27y, 3star SNP LW)
C.Campoli (77ovr, 30y, 3.5star OFD)

Listening to offers:

A.Anisimov (84ovr, 27y, 4star PLY C)
T.Hamonic (79ovr, 24y, 4star yellow DFD)
Z.Kassian (77ovr, 24y, 4star yellow PWF RW)
K.Clifford (80ovr, 24y, 3.5star yellow GRN LW)
R.Horak (80ovr, 24y, 3.5star yellow SNP C)
T.Kennedy (80ovr, 28y, 3.5star TWF C)
P.Postma (77ovr, 26y, 3star yellow OFD)
M.D'Agostini (79ovr, 28y 3,5star SNP RW)

For the right trade also:
T.Galiardi (85ovr, 27y, 3.5star TWF LW)

Prospects:
T.Lofthouse (76ovr, 20y, 3.5star yellow PLY C)
JESUS Street (75ovr, 20y, 3.5star yellow PLY LW)
S.Lefebvre (59ovr, 19y, 4star yellow PLY C)
N.Cousins (68ovr, 21y, 3.5star yellow PLY C)
C.Bigras (59ovr, 20y, 3.5star DFD)
M.Wakabayashi (60ovr, 19y, 3.5star yellow PLY C)
C.Stephenson (63ovr, 21y, 3.5star yellow PLY LW)
G.Koalska (63ovr, 20y, 3.5star yellow PLY LW)

so many PLY's...

Additionally, I have two 1st round picks that I'm open to trading.

Looking for: 1st line RW (prospect or current), 2nd line LW (preferably current, open to prospect), top6/top4 DFD/TWD, 3.5star+ RW prospects

PM or post here please. :) I like to think there's some nice pieces in there, and the ones going away for cheap are going away for crazy cheap, if there's any interest at all. -shrug-

Socreges

Banned
Filatov, Kreider and Spurgeon refuse to bend over. Gonna just basically give them what they want. Had to buy out old man Kunitz, too, to make it easier. Shitty.

Cake Boss

Banned
Wow just when you thought the free agency couldn't get any crappier.... what happened to Based and Ryan.

Anyways my trading block

Callahan
Clutterbuck
Bieksa

Smiley90

Yeah, now the fine-tuning begins :p I still think "more days = better contracts/team management" trumps "fewer days = less players resigned/players signed for higher contracts = more interesting free agency", but that's just me. We'll see how free agency looks like, I think Based&Hodgson should make it interesting enough, and the last few free agencies weren't bat either (Marleau/Thornton last FA)

Socreges

Banned
We can call him Huberdeau.

And I needed this third day to resign three of my big RFAs. Assuming they all take my last offer. If they don't, then I really don't understand this game.

Top Bottom