• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Socreges

Banned
Alright, sent in my request to be the Canucks GM.

Top players: H. Lundqvist, D. "Titties" Byfuglien, J. Staal

fat-dusty-buff.jpg

BRING IT

Marvie_3

Banned
One note about trades:

They won't go through until the league schedule is moved forward. I'll only sim 3 days of the season on the first schedule move just to get all the trades through.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
One note about trades:

They won't go through until the league schedule is moved forward. I'll only sim 3 days of the season on the first schedule move just to get all the trades through.

How often will you sim? Like, 2 weeks of play every day, or 4 weeks every second day, etc?

beanman25

played therizzle in HUT earlier. sorry bro haha. I used to play versus competitively, so I kind of went all out haha

Smiley90

EDIT: Disregard all said underneath, I am wrong, contracts now go longer than 8 years, I was fooled by assuming it's be like NHL11.

I also just remembered why some of the cap hits are so crazy high, higher than their real-life counterparts:

NHL game max contract length is 8 years, so AFAIK they take overall contract value the player is signed for and divide it by 8 to get their per-year value. So players who are atm signed for more than 8 years will ingame be signed for 8 years at a cap hit higher than real life.

Just in case anyone else was wondering this.

Smiley90

I'm pretty sure my J. carter has 8+ years.

Oh wow nevermind what I said, they must've changed it. NHL 11 had contract length capped at 8. I retract my statement. Still wondering why some cap hits are so high.

Marvie_3

Banned
NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE

Dual League registration is open

Trading is open in both leagues

Versus games are open (NO PLAYING VS CPU!)

The following teams are now available in the Sim League:
  • Calgary
  • Dallas
  • Montreal
  • Phoenix
  • Toronto

Smiley90

Is trading with AI teams open too? I'd assume
not since signups are still open?

What about FA's, not open either until signups close I assume, to be fair?

EDIT: dual league signups open woohooo I'll grab Columbus in the versus league too please. Someone who's in it please tell me who my top players&goalie are :x

I'll send the join request once I'm home at like... 1am or so, not sure yet.

Dual League registration is open

Trading is open in both leagues

Versus games are open (NO PLAYING VS CPU!)

The following teams are now available in the Sim League:
  • Calgary
  • Dallas
  • Montreal
  • Phoenix
  • Toronto

I take it free agency is still closed as well?

theRizzle

played therizzle in HUT earlier. sorry bro haha. I used to play versus competitively, so I kind of went all out haha

lol
Sorry I just set the controller down... dog knocked over a shelf/table thing with 4 plants on it and was eating all the dirt, haha.

I thought I could make it back in time to at least get one on you

Marvie_3

Banned
What about FA's, not open either until signups close I assume, to be fair?
Well, signups are never technically closed. ;)

Trades with AI and Free Agents are fair game tomorrow. This way people have time to sign up for both leagues if they wish and check out their rosters.

Smiley90

EDITED. Someone please tell me what my Columbus versus league roster is like, will join tonight.

Tomorrow free agent frenzy! Give us a deadline marvie! Noon PST? EST? :D

Now that trades are open:

I have loads of young top2/top4 D-men, looking for young (<27) Wingers, preferably RW, top2 lines.

RS4-

Took the Leafs in the sim league.

My top 6 forwards in the VS:
Foligno - Kopitar - Boedker
Gagner - Hudler - Halischuk

D:
Ekman Larsson - Bogosian
scrub - scrub

I think I'm ok with the team for now until I get hit by some 9 month injury to a top player

Marvie_3

Banned

D:
Ekman Larsson - Bogosian
scrub - scrub

I think I'm ok with the team for now until I get hit by some 9 month injury to a top player

Someone PM'd me about 10 minutes ago for the Leafs. Sorry.

Smiley90

should we get a list of gamertags going on the front page as well?

Trade talks are provably easier by Neogaf PM than xbox live, not? :D also, all gamertags are visible inside the league when you go on xbox live.

Smiley90

Makes me want to nuke the whole team and just run the minor leagues

You have no control over the AHL team in GM Connected :lol. All you can do is roster moves between AHL/NHL, but no AHL lines. You CAN do NHL lines and all though.

I'm curious how the first draft is gonna turn out, so many 5star prospects... MacKinnon... :/
Same time. 1pm EST.
K, thanks! Do you know already how the bidding rounds work? Do they go a few hours per round/ a day per round regardless of whether the league is moved on, or is every round only as the league is moved? From what I understand it's several rounds
After each of which the player will name is current favourite or so?

Cake Boss

Banned

D:
Ekman Larsson - Bogosian
scrub - scrub

What I have Kopitar on the sim one.

Marvie_3

Banned
For anyone requesting to be in one/both leagues, please check the OP to see which teams are available. I'm updating the availabilities as soon as I get requests.

Marvie_3

Banned
K, thanks! Do you know already how the bidding rounds work? Do they go a few hours per round/ a day per round regardless of whether the league is moved on, or is every round only as the league is moved? From what I understand it's several rounds
After each of which the player will name is current favourite or so?
I'm not sure how they work during the season. When I ran my test league, it wouldn't let me access the free agents. I would assume during the season the take the best offer given to them when the schedule advances and that the bidding rounds is for the offseason only.

Menu's are so painful. Feel bad for the Comissioners.

Thank you for your pity.

*Dallas and Phoenix are the only teams left in the Sim League*

Threw out a couple trade offers to a few teams in the sim league, if they work, nice, if not you can counter or just say no thanks, just wanted to get some feelers out there to see what people are willing to part with and for how much.

Marvie_3

Banned
One suggestion:

Keep your trading block updated. This might help with some of the clutter of people posting it all in here or on the league's main screen.

Also, if anybody has any suggestions as we go along, feel free to post them. We want this to be as much fun as it can be for everybody so any and all feedback is welcome. Online Leagues in NHL are new for everybody so if anyone has ideas on how to make things go smoother/etc, we're all ears.

Smiley90

so someone must have played me because i'm 0-1 in the versus league already :lol

I just became GM like an hour ago.

Blinding accidentally played a game against AI. You can probably talk to him about throwing the re-match, not sure what to do about it :lol

Socreges

Banned
Wait so each team has a comparable, random roster, but they get their own prospect pool? So aren't certain teams at a big advantage?

Phthisis

VERSUS LEAGUE:

Looking to trade away one of my Dmen to get a top 6 center. Currently I have: Marc Staal, Eric Brewer, Jan Hejda, and Nick Schultz as my top 4. I would also be open to trading Lundqvist if the deal is right.

Also, I would like to make a trade with the Red Wings (currently an AI team) to get Trevor Lewis once CPU trading opens tomorrow. My proposal:

Matt Anderson (71 OVR) and a 7th for Trevor Lewis (73 OVR)

Red Man, let me know.

Marvie_3

Banned
Wait so each team has a comparable, random roster, but they get their own prospect pool? So aren't certain teams at a big advantage?

Yeah, the prospects for each team aren't randomized for some reason. It'll help some teams more than others but not as much as keeping the real rosters.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Added Mac, and Rev, sucks the GM Connected APP doesn't let me do Commissioner stuff, I've been on the go all day.

Smiley90

Iphone app is much faster but doesn't have all the options that you get on the xbox.

The iphone app is glorious. I can't wait to see how it will do with deadlines/countdowns for free agents and such tomorrow. It's crazy fast.

Also, check your PM Mac.

Socreges

Banned
Iphone app is much faster but doesn't have all the options that you get on the xbox.
Is there an Android app? Can't find anything. Would be stupid if they've only released it for iOS devices.

If there isn't, I *might* just bow out. The menús are really that bad. "Downloading match schedule from server, please wait" whenever I go to the main HUB. Takes a solid 30 seconds every time.

Top Bottom