• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Socreges

Banned
I hate to be that guy, but the Devils have a 4.5 goalie on the verge of becoming a starter. So I don't think they'd bother giving up that much (two 85 players), especially Pavelski who's got some yrs left, when they could just wait. If they were to trade for a goalie, it'd be an old guy that wouldn't cost them much.

Cake Boss, sent a pm

This stupid game!!!

And no Soc I went 2-2 so not under .500, and that isn't what I'm arguing about. It's about the stupid AI, I had two injuries, one forward, and one D man. So instead of calling up a forward and a D guy it calls up two forwards, one of them who is only ranked a 59. Seriously? I have D guys who it could have called up that would have fit within the salary cap but instead I get two forwards. But Nooooooo!!! Now I'm stuck this sim because I have zero cap space and directly at 18 players. Stupid game!

Also throwing this out but I have a goalie who could become a decent backup here and have no room for him on my team so he is on my trade block and will take a prospect or pick for him:

M. Hutchinson, HYB (G), 77 OV, 25y, 3 gold star potential

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
This stupid game!!!

And no Soc I went 2-2 so not under .500, and that isn't what I'm arguing about. It's about the stupid AI, I had two injuries, one forward, and one D man. So instead of calling up a forward and a D guy it calls up two forwards, one of them who is only ranked a 59. Seriously? I have D guys who it could have called up that would have fit within the salary cap but instead I get two forwards. But Nooooooo!!! Now I'm stuck this sim because I have zero cap space and directly at 18 players. Stupid game!

This is why you keep healthy scratches. I always have 2F and 1D as a healthy scratch on my NHL team that I want slotted in in case of injuries, if you keep everyone in minors that's your own fault :p think of it as "the good player was at home and not ready, only the bad player was training in the farm team at the time". I keep healthy scratches, so "healthy scratches are always ready to be slotted in".

This is why you keep healthy scratches. I always have 2F and 1D as a healthy scratch on my NHL team that I want slotted in in case of injuries, if you keep everyone in minors that's your own fault :p think of it as "the good player was at home and not ready, only the bad player was training in the farm team at the time". I keep healthy scratches, so "healthy scratches are always ready to be slotted in".

Screw that, game should still recognize between F and D, I see no excuse there to call up two forwards when there was cap to call up one of each. I want to keep most of my guys down so they get playing time too (since most are rookies) which is why I don't have extra's called up, I would figure the game would be smart enough to recognize that, but EA.

Smiley90

Screw that, game should still recognize between F and D, I see no excuse there to call up two forwards when there was cap to call up one of each. I want to keep most of my guys down so they get playing time too (since most are rookies) which is why I don't have extra's called up, I would figure the game would be smart enough to recognize that, but EA.

If you have no replacement-players that aren't rookies that you can keep on your NHL-team, then that's an offseason-team problem you need to solve :D

I agree that it should really be able to distinguish between calling up forwards or D, but there's a fairly simple way out (have backup-players ready in the NHL as healthy scratches).

If not, it's really just like "making a phone call to the AHL team and hoping SOMEONE is ready". Of course the bottom-line is "EA sucks", but with a bit of imagination it makes sense, and it's easy enough to avoid.

If you have no replacement-players that aren't rookies that you can keep on your NHL-team, then that's an offseason-team problem you need to solve :D

I agree that it should really be able to distinguish between calling up forwards or D, but there's a fairly simple way out (have backup-players ready in the NHL as healthy scratches).

If not, it's really just like "making a phone call to the AHL team and hoping SOMEONE is ready". Of course the bottom-line is "EA sucks", but with a bit of imagination it makes sense, and it's easy enough to avoid.

My gripe is the game should have at least realized it and it didn't. Now I'll have a guy or two up once this whole think gets fixed next sim hopefully, but still, game should have known better.

Can I still call up guys who have to go through waivers? They don't make much but the ai for some reason put them in the minors and put retards on my team. Just want to do a swap

Smiley90

Can I still call up guys who have to go through waivers? They don't make much but the ai for some reason put them in the minors and put retards on my team. Just want to do a swap

Yeah we don't care for re-entry waivers. only when you send players on 1ways (or, well, waiver-eligible players) down is where you're supposed to post here and they go up for grabs.

Socreges

Banned
You're trying to get away with being so close to the cap that you can't even have a single player in the press box. I have zero sympathy for you, Crazed.

CrazedArabMan said:
I want to keep most of my guys down so they get playing time too (since most are rookies) which is why I don't have extra's called up
That's your problem. Act like a real GM and get some depth. I've got 3 cheap vets on my roster (not dressed) at all times.

Smiley90

Can I send down players on 2way contracts but are waiver eligible

I'd say since it's the very beginning of the season and you wanted them to be in minors for the whole season (?), and only had 1 day to do that but missed it, then it's okay. But after today, any player who is waiver eligible and is being sent down to minors needs to be posted about here and will be up for grabs. We can check by GP if they have more than 4 games, they played past this sim :p

I'd say since it's the very beginning of the season and you wanted them to be in minors for the whole season (?), and only had 1 day to do that but missed it, then it's okay. But after today, any player who is waiver eligible and is being sent down to minors needs to be posted about here and will be up for grabs. We can check by GP if they have more than 4 games, they played past this sim :p

Sounds good. Not sure why the ai decided to keep certain players up and certain players down. MacKinnon started in the minors whereas a player with 60overall was centering my last line.

Cake Boss

Banned
I agree with Arab, the game should at least know that a forward should play as a forward and a dman play as a damn. We are not asking for much.

Socreges

Banned
I agree with Arab, the game should at least know that a forward should play as a forward and a dman play as a damn. We are not asking for much.
The game should know that. No one's going to disagree there. But we've known for months that the AI doesn't know that and isn't reliable for calling up the right players. So to not put a single player as a reserve and then loudly complain when the AI didn't do what you wanted? Cry me a river.

Also, PM

You're trying to get away with being so close to the cap that you can't even have a single player in the press box. I have zero sympathy for you, Crazed.

That's your problem. Act like a real GM and get some depth. I've got 3 cheap vets on my roster (not dressed) at all times.

The game should know that. No one's going to disagree there. But we've known for months that the AI doesn't know that and isn't reliable for calling up the right players. So to not put a single player as a reserve and then loudly complain when the AI didn't do what you wanted? Cry me a river.

I do have cheap vets on 2 way contracts, I just didn't have them on my team for the first 4 games because of I figured the game would call up the right people (and I was wrong, and now I know). In my defense I hadn't really had any problems like this before, usually they call up the correct position and not have me locked between cap space and players, so this is really the first time it has happened to me in where I couldn't send someone down and it locked me at the 18 player minimum so I couldn't switch. Which is funny because I had even less cap space last year and I didn't have a problem. My complaint as you said is that the game should have known, now I know to have some reserves on my team.

Edit: and I ask for no sympathy from you either and it's funny when you lecture me about cap space yet I have more cap room than last year and you have around the same amount of players and cap space as I have on my main roster at the moment. I have 20 (only says 18 because 2 have injuries but their cap isn't taken off because they are short term) players up with .400 mil left and you have 21 with .300 mil left. :/

Socreges

Banned
Rand0m, when you say you got a shutout... you mean in real life? NHL GAF has some guys that play goalie if you want to share that in the lockout thread.

Edit: and I ask for no sympathy from you either and it's funny when you lecture me about cap space yet I have more cap room than last year and you have around the same amount of players and cap space as I have on my main roster at the moment. I have 20 (only says 18 because 2 have injuries but their cap isn't taken off because they are short term) players up with .400 mil left and you have 21 with .300 mil left. :/
I have 3 reserves up. My roster is 23/23, maxed. $300k in space that'll never be used since my most expensive players are the ones on my current roster. If I get multiple injuries, I've ensured that I won't get crappy call-ups. I wouldn't reply to you at all if you weren't complaining so much about a problem that's easily preventable with better roster/cap management. And you don't need to manage it better, of course, but if there are consequences... suck it up, buttercup.

I would advise having two extra D and one extra F. The reason is that if a rash of injuries occur, you're better off having a dman fill in for a forward and play 7mins on the 4th line, instead of having a forward fill in 14 mins on the bottom pairing.

Smiley90

Speak of the devil!

I go to bed around 2est, I try to wait for the sim to be done

My roommate usually occupies the TV until like 11, and I'm studying for finals atm, so siming time is an arbitrary time between free TV and me finishing a chapter or so.

Smiley90

Can't Soc sim too?

Nope, only one person can be Commish at a time. Soc didn't wanna/can't do it because he's not on every night/can't be on every night.

EDIT: Sim done, Eberle, Landeskog and Galiardi all had very-short-term injuries... could've been worse, but 4 of my top6 out at the same time, nice.

went 5-2-0 though, not bad.

Rand0m, when you say you got a shutout... you mean in real life? NHL GAF has some guys that play goalie if you want to share that in the lockout thread.

real life. i semi-retired from hockey because of injuries for about a year and just joined a league (a pretty shitty league but whatever)

theRizzle

Leafs go 1-5 this sim. Guess that parade is cancelled.

I will probably try and bang out that trade a little later and will post here when I figure something out.

Crosby and Gerbe, 1, 2 in scoring with Heatley in 6th. Top line is on fire, and the rest of my team is playing great..... Then there is my 2nd line of Seto, Perreault, Wheeler which all decided they were going to play who can get the lowest negative so my team is at .500 still. :/

Seto is going to be given these next 4 games to get points (something at least Perreault and Wheeler are doing) or he is riding the bench the rest of the season or traded.

CCF23

I know it's only like 10 games into the season, but not having a win, I'm gonna blow it up. Anyone with age can go. I want to get younger.

This includes Luongo.

PM me. I'm open for business.

I know it's only like 10 games into the season, but not having a win, I'm gonna blow it up. Anyone with age can go. I want to get younger.

This includes Luongo.

PM me. I'm open for business.

Gah, if I could get rid of Vokoun I'd be all over this

Smiley90

Went 1-5-0 (wat) after being 7-3-0 before... wat.

Also, Hamonic out 48 games, fuck you EA. DAMN YOU SOC THIS IS SOMEHOW YOUR FAULT

Socreges

Banned
BREAKING

To Dallas:

Jimmy Hayes
Alexandre Mallet
4th round pick

To Vancouver:

Shane Doan
Nathan Beaulieu

Doan's final chance at a Cup.

BTW CCF I just realized that Mallet is the guy that a lot of people compared to Burrows. So that's kinda cool.

Smiley90

BREAKING

To Dallas:

Jimmy Hayes
Alexandre Mallet
4th round pick

To Vancouver:

Shane Doan

Nathan Beaulieu

Doan's final chance at a Cup.

BTW CCF I just realized that Mallet is the guy that a lot of people compared to Burrows. So that's kinda cool.

ahahahahahahahahahahahaha

CCF23

I should mention, while I'm selling off players, don't bother making offers on Hall or Kane. They're young enough to be the cornerstones of my rebuild.

Getzlaf, however, is available.

Top Bottom