• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Socreges

Banned
Two or three days until the deadline, or what?

Been away for a few days and apparently my boys are rocking it. This is mirroring the real Canucks a little too closely.

In Be a GM I have been knocked out in the first round for 3 straight seasons despite having 40-50 wins each of those years =/

Also, Reimer played all 82 games somehow and had 17 shutouts......and then got injured in the first round.......fucking EA

Socreges

Banned
In the two sims that I wasn't able to change my lines, the AI puts Clitsome (dman, 77) on my 4th line, puts in O'Sullivan (76) instead of Filatov (81) and Christensen (77) instead of Doan (79)...and proceeds to go 11-1-1. I return, fix the above oversights, and go 1-3.

K

Also Flaake has 42 points in 39 games... no way I'll be able to afford him after this season.

Delryk

Happy with Huburdeau here... Above a oint per game and only going to get better for thr next 5 seasons... On a 8 year contract. Woot!p

Delryk

My goalie has 4 shutouts and he's been sucking ass...

I have no sniper (i have like 3 propects coming up tho)... Bringing up my 22yo, 71 OVR guy and see how he'll do on the 2nd line.. time to experiment a bit.. Lol

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'm gonna go ahead and sim now.

Just so everyone knows, after I'm done simming tonight I'll make Spectre the new GM for the next 2 weeks, since I'm leaving Canada from Dec 13-29 to spend Christmas at home. Nothing changes though :)

For what it's worth: Do people in here feel like we should take 2 days off simming Dec24/25, since most people will probably be busy spending Christmas with family, or do you want to keep going?

1-6 this sim....wtf!!!!

26-23-4

6th-14th is a 6 point spread =/

Vokoun shit the bed, he completely fell off the SV% and GAA leaderboard

CCF23

My team started something like 2-12-2, which means I'm 23-10-3 since then. I was winless in the first 8 or 9 games of the season and now I'm within 3 points of a playoff spot. Pretty insane.

Socreges

Banned
2nd best PP, after two seasons of shittiness. Credit goes to Spezza. That's what he was brought in for.

Gonna sit Lundqvist for the next sim to see if that has any affect on my team. 82 GP would probably be asking for an injury, too.

Dang, so far this is the first season where I have had an injury on every sim, and big ones at that or at least a lot to crucial players. :/

Edit: Also just want to put this out there:

Y. Sauve: 54 GP, 0 G, 3 A, 76 PIMS, -1
D. Setoguchi: 47 GP, 11 G, 11 A, 25 PIMS, +1

AH YEAH!!!! Yeah I know I have been ADD on this since my last post about him was how I wanted to bench him the rest of the year because he sucked but he has pulled it together since being -9 on the season.

Then you've been lucky, I'd say. I lost three players on the last sim, including Leddy and Schenn.

Yeah, usually my D is injured and battered up quite a bit and my forwards are fine, this year it started out like that but now my forwards are getting injured and my D are fine, so who knows.

MacAttack

Holy shit, Rangers have gone 10-0-0 through their last 10 and have clinched a playoff spot with 29 games remaining.

Meanwhile my team looks competitive for a fourth straight division title and set up for an early round elimination, again.

I've addressed my scoring by trading Cam Ward and making some depth signings but now my goaltending is letting me down. Subban can't be ready soon enough. His progress has been slow and it's looking like he won't be ready for at least two more seasons.

Yo my division sucks lol. How am I 3rd.

Hurricanes, rejected trade. Players too old

Trading block update
Lucic and Ladd and duchene available for draft picks or promising prospects. Need to restock cupboard.

MacKinnon not doing so hot. 10 assists and the worst plus minus on the team. I blame his linemates. Still frustrating that I could have had shrinka... whatever.

Also available are all my mid 70 players. Again either for draft picks/prospects. Will think about grinders too.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Pretty sure trade deadline is in the next few days. We're mid-february with simming, after all.

Socreges

Banned
Clarification around commissioners:

BigJonsson will temporarily be replacing between SpectreFire (connection problems) who temporarily replaced Smiley90 (vacation).

Sims will continue tonight.

Personally I'd rather BJ not do two consecutive sims since I've got Carrozzi between the pipes and would like to swap Lundqvist back in. But I don't know what the plan is.

Wait. Smiley told me about this. Next sim brings us up to the tradeline right?

It says

All trades must be completed by the end of the schedule period prior to the trade deadline.

I assume that means this is the deadline as this period is up until March 4th

And for my trade block........Umberger, MacArthur, Gilbert, Sarich, Bozak are available if I get the right price

I'm looking for first and second round picks as well as winger prospects

It says

All trades must be completed by the end of the schedule period prior to the trade deadline.

I assume that means this is the deadline as this period is up until March 4th

And for my trade block........Umberger, MacArthur, Gilbert, Sarich, Bozak are available if I get the right price

I'm looking for first and second round picks as well as winger prospects
Well then. We could sim tomorrow, or should we just do the next sim on Saturday? There hasn't been much trade talk yet considering I don't think anyone realized the deadline was coming up.

Socreges

Banned
I think we should give it 48 hours, yeah.

BTW someone mentioned that the Rangers already clinched a playoff berth..... you were confusing a registered trademark symbol for an asterisk....

Socreges

Banned
Interested in hearing offers on Kulikov

TWD - 85 ovr - 24 years old - $4.695 x 3 yrs - 4 star yellow

He went up to 87 two seasons ago, then immediately back down to 85 where he's stayed. In his three years of growth remaining I expect him to go up again.

I'm not necessarily looking to trade him, but he's one of my most valuable players and I'd like to know what people are willing to part with.

I'd probably want either a top DFD or young top6 dmen. Prospects/picks going either way to balance the trade.

Wonderful, I have a good chance of falling out of the playoffs with all of these stupid long term injuries I keep getting, just great. Screw it, I was thinking about doing a trade, but I have no cap and I'll just ride this team this year and see if they tank like they seem to be doing. :/

Edit: LOL Win. in 3rd in the East with only 66 points...

Cake Boss

Banned
Wonderful, I have a good chance of falling out of the playoffs with all of these stupid long term injuries I keep getting, just great. Screw it, I was thinking about doing a trade, but I have no cap and I'll just ride this team this year and see if they tank like they seem to be doing. :/

Edit: LOL Win. in 3rd in the East with only 66 points...

LOL, SE divsion as well. At least its realistic.

Top Bottom