• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I realize the 2016 draft is gonna be funny. I traded away my 1st, 2nd, 3rd AND 4th round pick... But I have NYR's 1st (1st in the league, Milly! :( ), WPG's 2nd and LA's 3rd.

Welp, Seto is done for the season and not because of injury. Anyone want him? If not he is benched for the rest of the year. Absolutely pathetic.

I should mention, while I'm selling off players, don't bother making offers on Hall or Kane. They're young enough to be the cornerstones of my rebuild.

Getzlaf, however, is available.
What's getzlafs stat and salary

Arab same questions about seto

Smiley90

Welp, Seto is done for the season and not because of injury. Anyone want him? If not he is benched for the rest of the year. Absolutely pathetic.

Jets won that trade, the 4th is worthless :lol

You still got fleeced tho dude

I really don't think so, but only time will tell if Sauve becomes better or not. This trade only helps my team since there was no room for him anyways.

:lol

By the looks of it, the Jets aren't doing any better, so suck it!

And Tag, he is an 82 OV, at around 3 million I think with 2 years left on his contract and is only 28. Looking for a prospect or pick for him, preferably a prospect or a bottom line center.

Really doesn't help that I have 3 big injuries right now either. :/

Smiley90

I'll go ahead and sim now.

EDIT: Approved both trades.

EDIT2: Only one injury, but another D-man... still went 3-4-0. At least not a free fall anymore.

Smiley90

Sauve's a +5 right now, and Jets have gone 7-3 in their last 10 after getting their shit together :lol

To be fair, Detroit is also 6-2-2.

Looks like a repeat of last season, with NYR and VAN right in the top3.

The only thing me team is good at is PK... 2nd in the league, 92.4%. And GAA, 5th in the league, Pavelec doing a good job.

damn, 24th in the league with 5th GAA... that's just sad. Seguin returns in 5 games, he BETTER NOT GET INJURED AGAIN LIKE EVERY OTHER SEASON and start putting up some points.

Sauve's a +5 right now, and Jets have gone 7-3 in their last 10 after getting their shit together :lol

Just a false sense of hope, he'll ask for a huge contract after this year, you'll give it to him, then he'll fall back on hookers and blow and suck. Just like what happened to Sheppard when Toronto put in an offer sheet for him and I let him walk.

To be fair, Detroit is also 6-2-2.

Suck it Jets!! Where am I in the standings since I can't check from work or at least my record? I was 7-6-2 before this sim.

Cake Boss

Banned
WE HAVE A TRADE TO ANNOUNCE

GYI0060880181_medium.jpg

To Toronto:

Cody Hodgson
Cal Clutterbuck

To Ottawa:

Kyle Palmieri
Ryan Ellis
2nd rounder

I got fleeced I know I know.

Its more addition by subtracting and getting Hodgson off my team, jumped up 5 spots in the standings during the weeks he was injured.

Socreges

Banned
Ouch.

Did Hodgson's dad intervene or something?

[edit]

Boedker with 18 points in 18 games. Nice to finally see him paying off after such slow development (78-79-80-83).

Flaake with 16 assists in 15 games. Jesus. (96 passing)

Cake Boss

Banned
Ouch.

Did Hodgson's dad intervene or something?

No but his stats did. A center with 60 faceoffs and I couldn't put him on the RW because this game takes him out and changes my lineup after each game.

Hopefully he works out for TO.

Update trade block:

Whoever wants a 2nd line center or a 3rd one I gots Olli Jokinen (81 OVR, PWF) looking for bottom 6 RWer

Edit: sweet Jesus this game makes no sense. Gionta leading the team with 14 goals in 20 games and Michael Stone ( Stone's brother) is leading the team with +14 and has more points than Carlson (85) Jackson, Bieksa and Falk playing on the bottom pairing as a 75OVR.

No but his stats did. A center with 60 faceoffs and I couldn't put him on the RW because this game takes him out and changes my lineup after each game.

Hopefully he works out for TO.

Update trade block:

Whoever wants a 2nd line center or a 3rd one I gots Olli Jokinen (81 OVR, PWF) looking for bottom 6 RWer

Edit: sweet Jesus this game makes no sense. Gionta leading the team with 14 goals in 20 games and Michael Stone ( Stone's brother) is leading the team with +14 and has more points than Carlson (85) Jackson, Bieksa and Falk playing on the bottom pairing as a 75OVR.

That's EA for ya, or he is just that good.

theRizzle

This sim is put up or shutup time for Bobrovsky with Enroth out.

If he is good I will probably try and work out that deal with the Devils I posted before... especially now that a guy who is 69 OVR has played 9 games for them. They are too good of a team to be that low in the standings.

Socreges

Banned
sweet Jesus this game makes no sense. Gionta leading the team with 14 goals in 20 games and Michael Stone ( Stone's brother) is leading the team with +14 and has more points than Carlson (85) Jackson, Bieksa and Falk playing on the bottom pairing as a 75OVR.
Gionta's the top RW with Kopitar, no?

And Stone apparently has good offensive stats, though he'll cool down. It's just 8 points. Not to mention that he's been on the ice more than Bieksa and Jackson.

Weirder, I think, is +40 Norris trophy winner Nick Leddy having the worst +/- (-5) on my team and only 4 points. But it's early.

Gionta's the top RW with Kopitar, no?

And Stone apparently has good offensive stats, though he'll cool down. It's just 8 points. Not to mention that he's been on the ice more than Bieksa and Jackson.

Weirder, I think, is +40 Norris trophy winner Nick Leddy having the worst +/- (-5) on my team and only 4 points. But it's early.

Same thing happened to Orlov, led the league when I won the SC with +30 something, and went -10 or so the season after with few points.

WE HAVE A TRADE TO ANNOUNCE

GYI0060880181_medium.jpg

To Toronto:

Cody Hodgson
Cal Clutterbuckmo

To Ottawa:

Kyle Palmieri
Ryan Ellis
2nd rounder

I got fleeced I know I know.

Its more addition by subtracting and getting Hodgson off my team, jumped up 5 spots in the standings during the weeks he was injured.
Don't forget the 1st and 3rd. You know their was a reason I was so willing to let him go

CCF23

After starting winless in like 10 my team's actually not doing too badly since. I still put myself in far too deep a hole, but eh...

I've had at least 2 injuries every sim so far. :/

Good news is that the team is picking it up, and of course the AI put Seto in again and he actually got 3 points, still -6 though or something like that.

Smiley90

I'm gonna go with this, I blame you Smiley, you have cursed all others!!!

I had my 1st line C injured for 20 games in the second game of the season, for the 3rd season in a row, don't tell me it's my fault! :D also had 3 D-men injured at the same time and had to bring in a 73... Ugh.

Socreges

Banned
In Marvie's NHL I was ravaged by injuries and bounced in the first round three times despite being the higher seed. I'd prefer whatever wizardry Smiley has.

Smiley90

In Marvie's NHL I was ravaged by injuries and bounced in the first round three times despite being the higher seed. I'd prefer whatever wizardry Smiley has.

I'm saving all your injuries for the SCF. I'll let you get oh-so close.

Smiley90

Simmed.

BREAKING NEWS, SEGUIN STILL HEALTHY. REPORTS COMING IN HE WAS SEEN WITH RAZORBLADES, WHICH WERE PROMPTLY TAKEN FROM HIM.

went 4-2-1. It's looking better now, after that abysmal 1-5-0 sim.

I'm sending Steckel down to the minors, 76 OV, 33 yo, 0 points, -6.

Doubt anyone wants him but I just wanted to post it since he is on a 1 way contract.

Smiley90

Injuries, injuries everywhere....

BRIAN GIONTA ALL STAR WINGER LEADING SCORER WITH 17 GOALS SHOOTING 20%.

JORDAN EBERLE, 11 YEARS YOUNGER THAN GIONTA, ALSO LEADING THE LEAGUE WITH 17 GOALS.

2 guys from Columbus in the top10 in points, not bad. (Anisimov and Eberle).

Anisimov 2nd in the league in Assists, Eberle 1st in goals. Seguin can play on the 2nd line, that's what he gets for being constantly injured when I put him on the 1st.

I made one to Steckle in the offseason to give me some veteran center presence for my first line.... Yeah, he won't have a job next season.

I just need him until some of my D-men come back, I have a 66 as my 6th D right now and a 72 as my 5th who I'm pretty sure I drafted last offseason :|

Smiley90

I'm waiving Zaborsky, if anyone wants him.

(76ovr LW SNP, 28 years old, 3star white)

What's my record

First in the west and second in the league with 51 points at 25-11-1.

I have to say, my team has picked it up here and is playing pretty good. Crosby, Gerbe, and Heatley are beasting it up right now which is great and Seto isn't completely sucking anymore. Second line has finally stepped it up.

Smiley90

Simmed!

:lol, Phoenix is 8th in the West in points, but leading its division.

Seguin came back from his injury with 9 pts in 7 games. Finally something.

Top Bottom