• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
My team does

You just won the cup, you don't count :p

Also, the only >60 20year old you have is MacKinnon.... Who's exceptionally good. I have two which are cheaper to get than a Mackinnon ;)
Also, your best RW prospect is 3.5star as well.

Again people, if you don't see anything you like, ignore it, but the players on there are hardly present "plentiful" or "bad" when the cup-winning team's single one player like that is a 1st overall pick.

You just won the cup, you don't count :p

Also, the only >60 20year old you have is MacKinnon.... Who's exceptionally good. I have two which are cheaper to get than a Mackinnon ;)
Also, your best RW prospect is 3.5star as well.

Again people, if you don't see anything you like, ignore it, but the players on there are hardly present "plentiful" or "bad" when the cup-winning team's single one player like that is a 1st overall pick.
Didn't see anything wrong with what you did. But my players are fairly young but making money

Smiley90

Didn't see anything wrong with what you did. But my players are fairly young but making money

Ah, I thought you were agreeing with BJ saying all the players I'm offering all are abundant on every team, which I disagreed with. Nvm then.

Cake Boss

Banned
z8gWA.png

Ah, I thought you were agreeing with BJ saying all the players I'm offering all are abundant on every team, which I disagreed with. Nvm then.

I actually have no idea what you were talking about lol. was just saying I had young good players lol

Anyway to withdraw an offer? Made to many offers and don't want one to get cancelled because I'm over the limit.

Socreges

Banned
I actually have no idea what you were talking about lol. was just saying I had young good players lol

Anyway to withdraw an offer? Made to many offers and don't want one to get cancelled because I'm over the limit.
Not possible. But some of your offers won't be accepted anyhow.

Smiley90

Boooo didn't get any of the prospects again :( Noone likes Columbus :lol

Looks like Ottawa won the Hodgson sweepstakes, and the Islanders won the Huberdau sweepstakes. And Phoenix got Staal.

Socreges

Banned
Got Grigs. Was surprised there was so little interest in him. Just 3 star, but really far ahead in development, defying the experts. Reflects real life nicely.

Also got 6th round sensation, Chris Carrozzi, as my new backup.

THANK YOU PHOENIX

THANK YOU

THANK YOU

THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Fixed.

If it weren't for Rand0m, you wouldn't have the most valuable player in the entire game.

Got Grigs. Was surprised there was so little interest in him. Just 3 star, but really far ahead in development, defying the experts. Reflects real life nicely.

Also got 6th round sensation, Chris Carrozzi, as my new backup.

Fixed.

If it weren't for Rand0m, you wouldn't have the most valuable player in the entire game.

huh? who'd he get

and I let hodgson go but kept tatar.

exchanged mason for Crawford

got eaton and upshall and staal

sort of happy with my signings

Cake Boss

Banned
OK this projected cap space thing is screwed up. It says that I am over by the cap by 4.6M but when I add up all of the 1 way contracts its 71M, Is it counting the 2 way contracts that it thinks will be in the lineup? Even then when I add 4 prospects it comes to under 75M.

OK this projected cap space thing is screwed up. It says that I am over by the cap by 4.6M but when I add up all of the 1 way contracts its 71M, Is it counting the 2 way contracts that it thinks will be in the lineup? Even then when I add 4 prospects it comes to under 75M.

no idea how it works. it says I was 8mil below cap ceiling but I made at least 9mil in signing. now im only 3 mil under.

Socreges

Banned
no idea how it works. it says I was 8mil below cap ceiling but I made at least 9mil in signing. now im only 3 mil under.
And apparently that means you were able to fit in Tatar.

How come you didn't resign him earlier, though? You ended up paying an additional 600k or something.

And apparently that means you were able to fit in Tatar.

How come you didn't resign him earlier, though? You ended up paying an additional 600k or something.

Didn't think I would have had enough. Wanted to pick up a big name d in fa. Reason why I dropped mason

Socreges

Banned
What's the highest can a 2 star or a 2.5 star prospect go?
I saw a 2.5 at 82, I think. Can't remember on which team. Haven't seen any 2 stars high up at all.

There are a few 2/2.5 UFAs that are way ahead in development, I know... but I'm still not going to waste roster spots on them. Too unlikely that they'll pass 76 (where many seem to cap off).

Socreges

Banned
Trade block

Code:
            TYPE   OVR   CAP  YRS END  AGE  [STARS]

[b]Hayes[/b]      RW/PWF  82  $2.075  1  UFA  25   [3.5 yellow]
[b]Flaake[/b]     RW/PLY  79  $0.925  1  RFA  25   [3 yellow]

[b]Ranford[/b]    LW/TWF  74  $0.925  1  RFA  23   [3.5 yellow]
[b]Pouliot[/b]      OFD   63  $0.635  3  RFA  21   [4 yellow]
[b]Boland[/b]       DFD   53  $0.925  3  RFA  20   [4 yellow]
[b]Methot[/b]     LW/PLY  62  (unsigned)      21   [3.5 yellow]

All picks: 1st, 2nd, etc

Looking for:

- 78-82 OFD/DFD (young, cheap)
- 78ish RW/TWF (prefer yellow, cheap)

WE HAVE A TRADE!!!

To Jets:

Y. Sauve, 25y, 82 OV, 3.5 gold star

To Wings:

D. Setoguchi, 28y, 82 OV, 4 white star
2020 4th round pick

Sorry Soc, I know you were interested but I never heard back from you after you said you would give it some thought and get back to me.

Ehh, you were being dishonest so I just cut negotiations, haha. If you just fessed up you could've had Hayes. :p

Seto is fine for me, I wasn't BS'ing you though, that is what I seriously thought because of those messages I told you about I would get. But now I know, it was just a brain dead moment. It is in the past, now to get ready for this upcoming season.

Socreges

Banned
Seto is fine for me, I wasn't BS'ing you though, that is what I seriously thought because of those messages I told you about I would get. But now I know, it was just a brain dead moment. It is in the past, now to get ready for this upcoming season.
You've been a hockey fan for years where you've discussed waivers at length. You've run a private GM league that had waivers turned on. I'm sorry. I'm not about to believe that you suddenly forgot how waivers worked, or that you also forgot the rules that we had made to ensure the lack of waivers wasn't abused, when it was most convenient.

Smiley90

WE HAVE A TRADE!!!

To Jets:

Y. Sauve, 25y, 82 OV, 3.5 gold star

To Wings:

D. Setoguchi, 28y, 82 OV, 4 white star
2020 4th round pick

Sorry Soc, I know you were interested but I never heard back from you after you said you would give it some thought and get back to me.

Jets won that trade, the 4th is worthless :lol

Smiley90

For what it's worth, CBJ and LA made a deal too, with the major pieces being Kassian and Murray going to LA for Eberle. There's was some side-business, but that's the essential part.

Jets won that trade, the 4th is worthless :lol

We'll see, Seto gives me some more offensive depth and seems to be pretty consistent in terms of points (30-50 range). Sauve has yet to do really anything but somehow went up 5 levels (best season was 6 points +14 I think which wasn't even last season), other two seasons he really didn't do much at all (negative and very few points). Plus I have no room for him with my D looking like:

Doughty, 89 - Johnson, 86
Hjalmarsson, 84 - Cole, 84
Klesla, 82 - Orlov, 80

He would have been battling Orlov for a spot since Klesla has played great for me and Orlov is younger by a couple years and has better potential.

I really don't think so, but only time will tell if Sauve becomes better or not. This trade only helps my team since there was no room for him anyways.

Smiley90

I'll sim a bit later tonight, not gonna be home til like 1am probably. Soc rightfully pointed out to rather sim later than an hour earlier.

EDIT: Back and simming now.

Smiley90

So, uh... the trade window is weird. Apparently it's super borked. 2way contracts that you trade away don't get subtracted from your available cap (as should be, because they're 2way contracts), but 2way contracts you acquire GET counted towards your cap, for some reason. And that counts for both teams, so both teams show up as closer to the cap than they actually are to their respective owners.

Just did the Eberle trade with LA, and the trade window showed the result at being EXACTLY at cap, but now I suddenly have 8 mio in cap space. It's bad because

a) 2way contracts are borked in trades and
b) how the fuck is Eberle on a 7.1 Mio 2WAY contract?

Milly79

Haven't been on my Xbox in days and don't care to log on to do stuff with my team. Please remove me. Maybe I'll return at a later date.

Alright, all of my trades and signings went through this sim. Building up a cup team this season.

93-90-84
84-84-83
79-82-79
79-80-79

85-86
82-83
82-82

Loaded waaay up on my depth.

To Columbus:
Jordan Eberle
Xavier Slaney
Jordan Caron
3rd Round Pick

To LA:

Zack Kassian
Ryan Murray
Matt D'Agostini
Mark Fistric
1st Round Pick

Smiley90

To Columbus:
Jordan Eberle
Xavier Slaney
Jordan Caron
3rd Round Pick

To LA:

Zack Kassian
Ryan Murray
Matt D'Agostini
Mark Fistric
1st Round Pick

Trade window said we were both within 100k of the cap, now I have 8mio and you have 3 mio in cap space.

EA.

Socreges

Banned
Did I get any FAs? Put out some offers for depth guys.

And yeah, my cap situation is bizarre. Was at $4.5m before free agency. Signed one one-way guy at $1.4m. I'm now at $1.5m in space. Or at least I was earlier. No idea why. Makes it really difficult to get that solid top 6 guy that I still need.

Smiley90

Did I get any FAs? Put out some offers for depth guys.

And yeah, my cap situation is bizarre. Was at $4.5m before free agency. Signed one one-way guy at $1.4m. I'm now at $1.5m in space. Or at least I was earlier. No idea why. Makes it really difficult to get that solid top 6 guy that I still need.

You signed... Clitsome and Valentenko.

Also, realistically, I don`t have 8.1mio in cap space, since Eberle`s 7.1mio will kick in as he`s on the starting roster... gotta hold myself back from a shopping spree, cause whoever I sign wouldn`t be able to play :(

Socreges

Banned
I am 'waiving' Valentenko (77,DFD) for anyone interested. Put in two one-year offers to two guys wanting multi-year contracts and both bit.

Top Bottom