• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

MacAttack

Until?

I can't wait until tomorrow, that would put us behind the usual sim schedule
How about giving people a little more notice? The last discussion on here you said it didn't really matter if we did it Friday or Saturday.
I think the only people that spoke up said sim it on Saturday to allow for trades.

Giving people 1 hour notice is not good. This should have been clarified much earlier than now.

Whatever, the normal schedule would be to sim tonight, the sim yesterday was delayed from Wednesday so you have had Thursday and Friday to talk trades

And don't say I'm only giving one hour notice, this is how the league has always been handled

MacAttack

Whatever, the normal schedule would be to sim tonight, the sim yesterday was delayed from Wednesday so you have had Thursday and Friday to talk trades

And don't say I'm only giving one hour notice, this is how the league has always been handled

You didn't officially confirm the trade deadline was going to happen this sim until 2:00AM Friday morning.

I don't see what the big deal about waiting until tomorrow is all of a sudden.

And this is not how the league has been run in the past. Its been sloppy as fuck this past week. Marv was very clear about his simming schedule and announcing deadlines.

Yeah, just sim tomorrow night. Like we discussed on the last page, we never set down a sim schedule yet for the deadline. It's just whenever makes sense.

Socreges

Banned
Thank you, Mac, for intervening. I'm also working on a trade. Was 100% under the impression that we'd be simming tomorrow night

No. With the sim 24 hours ago, we only just realized we were at the trade deadline. And we've always had 48 hours to do trades before the next sim.

I'm not sure if you think there's some official schedule that we need to get back on, but when people are clearly in favor of 48 hours and no one is requesting an immediate sim.... just don't sim.

CCF23

All my big guns that are like 26 or 27 and older are available. I want to get younger (this includes Getzlaf). PM me.

a few trades i wish to propose:
would it be possible to do a striaght up ladd for a.kostitsyn trade? same age, overall, and salary? akost is with calgary (cpu controlled)

also who's rangers? want to propose something

Socreges

Banned
a few trades i wish to propose:
would it be possible to do a striaght up ladd for a.kostitsyn trade? same age, overall, and salary? akost is with calgary (cpu controlled)

also who's rangers? want to propose something
Would you make that trade if you were Calgary? Does Calgary gain anything by swapping players?

And Rangers are temporarily(?) CPU controlled

Would you make that trade if you were Calgary? Does Calgary gain anything by swapping players?

And Rangers are temporarily(?) CPU controlled

i dont think anyone really gains anything. i just like kostitsyn and am pretty much giving them an equivalent (who makes slightly more)

Today is the deadline, right?
Lost power at home and got a Christmas party tonight. Oh well, had a few trades brewing. Not sure if it will be possible to go through with them or counter them

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Today is the deadline, right?
Lost power at home and got a Christmas party tonight. Oh well, had a few trades brewing. Not sure if it will be possible to go through with them or counter them

Just submit a couple of them at the same time and hope one of them gets accepted by the other party? ;)

I'll sim around midnight EST

So funny story, Reimer got injured in my be a GM league, and when he came back I got the popup that he is going to count towards the cap again, so I hit best roster like usual.....season sims to the end and I start simming the playoffs and notice my backup is leading the team in playoff wins, so I go uhhh wtf, check the roster, no Reimer, check transaction history, Rangers claimed him on waivers

WTF EA! At least my backup is younger and nearly as good as Reimer, and I traded for a veteran goalier for the next season but come on, it should tell you that it is going to put a player on waivers, not just say it might do it =/

Smiley90

I'll sim around midnight EST

So funny story, Reimer got injured in my be a GM league, and when he came back I got the popup that he is going to count towards the cap again, so I hit best roster like usual.....season sims to the end and I start simming the playoffs and notice my backup is leading the team in playoff wins, so I go uhhh wtf, check the roster, no Reimer, check transaction history, Rangers claimed him on waivers

WTF EA! At least my backup is younger and nearly as good as Reimer, and I traded for a veteran goalier for the next season but come on, it should tell you that it is going to put a player on waivers, not just say it might do it =/

That's why we've turned Waivers off for the Connected league, because all they do is fuck people over. (also, when you click "Best Lines" there IS a prompt saying "this might send players through waivers", so you gotta consider it before doing best lines. Just set them manually to avoid it.)

That's why we've turned Waivers off for the Connected league, because all they do is fuck people over. (also, when you click "Best Lines" there IS a prompt saying "this might send players through waivers", so you gotta consider it before doing best lines. Just set them manually to avoid it.)

Yea, waive my 3rd string 70 rated goalie, not my 85 elite starter lol

Socreges

Banned
Gonna make a trade offer with the CPU since I haven't been able to get a top6 D through you guys. Looking for your thoughts before I send it through...

To NJ:

- Teskey (RW, 3.5 star prospect, 58 ovr)
- Clitsome - 77 ovr, 30 yrs old, $1.475m x 1 yr
(3 G, 8 A, +10)
- 3rd round pick

To VAN:

- Volchenkov - 82 ovr, 33 yrs old, $4.25m x 1 yr
(0 G, 8 A, -8)
- Romano - garbage (28 years old, 74 ovr, plays in the minors, their worst player that I could see)

New Jersey is one of the worst teams, has been for a few seasons, and needs to rebuild. They've got four top6 dmen, but only four RWs in their entire system (prospect or player). Clitsome would become their 7th dman (he was my 6th all season and did really well). Threw in a 3rd rd pick to sweeten it.

MacAttack

Gonna make a trade offer with the CPU since I haven't been able to get a top6 D through you guys. Looking for your thoughts before I send it through...

To NJ:

- Teskey (RW, 3.5 star prospect, 58 ovr)
- Clitsome - 77 ovr, 30 yrs old, $1.475m x 1 yr
(3 G, 8 A, +10)
- 3rd round pick

To VAN:

- Volchenkov - 82 ovr, 33 yrs old, $4.25m x 1 yr
(0 G, 8 A, -8)
- Romano - garbage (28 years old, 74 ovr, plays in the minors, their worst player that I could see)

New Jersey is one of the worst teams, has been for a few seasons, and needs to rebuild. They've got four top6 dmen, but only four RWs in their entire system (prospect or player). Clitsome would become their 7th dman (he was my 6th all season and did really well). Threw in a 3rd rd pick to sweeten it.

I don't like it, mostly because it's a prospect/draft deal and we cant be sure this league will be around long enough for them to develop.

As for the merits of the trade, Teskey probably has a 50/50 chance of being a 3rd liner in 4-5 years. Not a ton of value there. Since you're likely to have a late round pick, I'd make you throw in your second round pick instead of the third.

Smiley90

Hmmm, are they? Maybe it wasn't NYR. The deal was proposed to me, not the other way around.

AI teams sometimes propose trades too. Sometimes really shitty one, like a 2nd round pick for a crappy player, which is why I ask what Hannan is about. BJ might decline it, the AI makes shitty trade offers.

Socreges

Banned
Dunno if we went over it in the 'terms of reference', but the CPU regularly makes bogus offers (the AI is far from perfect) and Marvie/Smiley have always turned down any that are accepted.... unless they are actually reasonable.... which is rare.

Hannan is pretty old, terrible and expensive. No offense... I know you inherited him.

Socreges

Banned
I don't like it, mostly because it's a prospect/draft deal and we cant be sure this league will be around long enough for them to develop.

As for the merits of the trade, Teskey probably has a 50/50 chance of being a 3rd liner in 4-5 years. Not a ton of value there. Since you're likely to have a late round pick, I'd make you throw in your second round pick instead of the third.
A 2nd + 3.5 star prospect is way too pricey for an 82 ovr rental, I think. Has anyone even seen a 3.5 star prospect top off anywhere below 80? Even 3 star prospects who develop slowly seem to regularly surge from 73ish to 79ish when they're in their mid 20s.

I agree that New Jersey would have to wait 4/5 seasons to see Teskey hit his ceiling. But then what is a bottom-feeding team supposed to do in order to get better? Prospects on the cusp of making it are way too difficult to acquire. NJD's vets are just gonna get old and go to free agency without the team getting anything back in return.

Believe me, I know what you mean and (mostly) agree with you. It's just a dilemma that we've got since we don't know how long this league is going to last. That said, it's not like anyone's been carelessly trading away 3rd rd picks with that in mind. We're still operating as normal GMs would.

Socreges

Banned
Changed the trade to Morris who's 81 OVR, 37 yrs old, and 2 star white. Also red, meaning they wanted to get rid of him (no kidding).

Looks like we are going right down to the wire again, lots of close races

Backstrom has 93 points, 19 more than Toews.....holy shit

Shinkaruk has passed Crosby and tied with Ovie at 39 goals

Corey Crawford has 40 wins somehow....Phx makes everyone good lol

Anyone want to tell me what place my team is in in the west and my points? Team has been somewhat in free-fall for some odd reason these past few sims, wouldn't surprise me if I'm right on the playoff border now. :/

Looks like we are going right down to the wire again, lots of close races

Backstrom has 93 points, 19 more than Toews.....holy shit

Shinkaruk has passed Crosby and tied with Ovie at 39 goals

Corey Crawford has 40 wins somehow....Phx makes everyone good lol

reason i bought out mason lol
remember guys, i want the lucic trade to happen. we will discuss closer to draft day.

Cake Boss

Banned
Anyone want to tell me what place my team is in in the west and my points? Team has been somewhat in free-fall for some odd reason these past few sims, wouldn't surprise me if I'm right on the playoff border now. :/

DET is in 5th place ( Western Conference), 83 points with 2 points ahead of 6th and 2 points behind 4th.

Smiley90

Last season I made the playoffs despite not planning on it, this time I'll probably miss them despite planning on it.. I guess it evens out... Too bad, a couple sims ago before I left the country I was in 8th in the West, now 10th. :(

MacAttack

Buffalo is putting up a hell of a battle for the Northeast. Since my team never does well in the playoffs, winning a 4th consecutive NE title would be the highlight of my season.

Socreges

Banned
So we've got an interesting issue. The Stanley Cup Final and draft will be simmed on the night of the 23rd. That means that the 24th-26th would be the resigning stage.

Who would prefer we pause the sims during the 24th and 25th?

And who would rather we keep going?

What we could do is sim the SCF on the 23rd and then wait until the evening of the 26th to sim the draft (thus starting the resigning period). For example.

So we've got an interesting issue. The Stanley Cup Final and draft will be simmed on the night of the 23rd. That means that the 24th-26th would be the resigning stage.

Who, if anyone, will have trouble making it online December 24-26th?

What we could do is sim the SCF on the 23rd and then wait until the evening of the 26th to sim the draft (thus starting the resigning period). For example.
I agree

Rubber Ducky

Neo Member
Buffalo is putting up a hell of a battle for the Northeast. Since my team never does well in the playoffs, winning a 4th consecutive NE title would be the highlight of my season.

Yeah we are. Miller is earning his $9.5M salary with a hell of a Vezina campaign and Couture is finally playing to his rating.

With Ottawa, Montreal and Toronto all in playoff contention, this should be one heck of a race.

MacAttack

Who, if anyone, will have trouble making it online December 24-26th?

And who won't have any problem?

This sounds like a good idea. I might be able to get on 23rd/24th but its certainly not going to be a priority for me. If that means I have to try and sign all my players on the 26th, so be it, I just don't see the point in rushing through the process.

Top Bottom