• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Socreges

Banned
Simming now.

I uploaded an AI build for the first time since the default build (whatever it was) kept failing me against LA. If this doesn't make a difference, I have no idea what I need to do.

First Round:

Eastern Conference

PHI 4 - NYR 3
BUF 4 - TOR 3
TBL 4 - WPG 0
OTT 4 - BOS 1

Western Conference

CHI 4 - STL 1
VAN 4 - LAK 2
PHX 4 - COL 3
DET 4 - CGY 2

Second round:

Eastern Conference

(2) BUF vs (8) PHI
(3) TBL vs (5) OTT

Western Conference

(1) CHI vs (4) DET
(2) VAN vs (3) PHX

Rubber Ducky

Neo Member
Uh oh. Couture and Miller hurt. I was lucky to escape that Toronto series in seven.

We'll see if the boys can take on the scrappy, eighth-seeded Philadelphia Flyers without our two best players.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Simming now.

I uploaded an AI build for the first time since the default build (whatever it was) kept failing me against LA. If this doesn't make a difference, I have no idea what I need to do.

First Round:

Eastern Conference

PHI 4 - NYR 3
BUF 4 - TOR 3
TBL 4 - WPG 0
OTT 4 - BOS 1

Western Conference

CHI 4 - STL 1
VAN 4 - LAK 2
PHX 4 - COL 3
DET 4 - CGY 2

Second round:

Eastern Conference

(2) BUF vs (8) PHI
(3) TBL vs (5) OTT

Western Conference

(1) CHI vs (4) DET
(2) VAN vs (3) PHX

Well you DID win.. now up against Phoenix again? :p In all Canucks fashion, you should really have to lose twice against them before winning a series.

Socreges

Banned
Yeah, I made that comment before the sim was done. Nice to see. I'm guessing the AI build did make a difference, or I'd like to think so. Phoenix also gives my team trouble, but not as much.

And Lundqvist vs Crawford.... time for King Henrik to earn his 91 rating.

Yeah, I made that comment before the sim was done. Nice to see. I'm guessing the AI build did make a difference, or I'd like to think so. Phoenix also gives my team trouble, but not as much.

And Lundqvist vs Crawford.... time for King Henrik to earn his 91 rating.

phoenix makes any goalie look good.

Cake Boss

Banned
YES YES YES YES YES FINALLY A PLAYOFF SERIES WINA YESSSSSSSS

Its a Christmas Miracle.

Edit: of course Weiss gets injured for 40 games.

Socreges

Banned
So on the 22nd after we sim the SCF we're also going to sim the draft and development stage since there's no prep required there. That way people have at least something to do over the hiatus if they're online.

phoenix makes any goalie look good.
Bah. My O and D are very good. Lundqvist has just never separated himself from the 84ish guys for some reason.

MacAttack

The Bruins have let me down in the first round, again. Lack of a top line scorer has cost me and I'm not even sure getting Lucic would have saved my team from a first round KO.

G/L to the rest of you. I will be open for trades this offseason.

Hmm... Checks stats of backup goalie who played last series since Halak was injured during the regular season and is out for the whole playoffs:

GP: 6 W: 4 L: 0 OTL: 2 GAA: 1.53 SV%: 94.25

AH YEAH!!!!

Revenant

Western Conference

(1) CHI vs (2) VAN

A6JXL.gif

Socreges

Banned
2nd line (Filatov - Staal - Boedker) is carrying my team right now. 1st line (Parise - Spezza - Kessel) is sucking the hind teat. Huh. That won't get any better versus Seabrook/Johnson either.

can't get him to come out of his shower man, just crying and saying how senseless it all is. This series is going to be the dagger in his heart.
Send him home, man. For a 3rd round pick. Send him home.

Socreges

Banned
SpectreFire is now the commish again. He'll be simming at around 11:30/12:00am PST each night.

Let me know if there are any questions re: schedule etc

Cake Boss

Banned
Holy fucking shit.

Top dman Gardiner is out anyways.

Injuries everywhere.

My top 2 damn
Top 4 dman
2 line Center
Bottom 6 dman.

While Buffalo only has Malhotra and some other guy out

Socreges

Banned
Oh man, Staal gone for the rest of the playoffs, along with Lander and Johansen (my bottom 6 centermen) who were already out. Christensen is now my 2nd line center, RW Doan 3rd line.... no idea who can center my 4th. This should be interesting

Smiley90

Do you guys wanna sim SCF&Draft in the same time (like we did before) and then do the break, or do it in 2 seperate sims?

Smiley90

What's this year's draft class like, by the way? I can't check.

I hope Spectre sets my draft priority ranking before he sims grrrr.

Socreges

Banned
Ready whenever, Spectre, if you want to go ahead. Dunno about Rubber Ducky tho

Depressing somehow that the two teams in the Final are the franchise cousins that have never won a Cup.

WELL THAT ENDS TONIGHT

CCF23

I'd like to take a holiday break and then sim considering I have a top 6 pick and I'd like to get one of those 4 star guys and not some piece of shit haha.

I'm not home to fix my draft rankings until Monday night.

Socreges

Banned
I'd like to take a holiday break and then sim considering I have a top 6 pick and I'd like to get one of those 4 star guys and not some piece of shit haha.

I'm not home to fix my draft rankings until Monday night.
The default draft priority list already has the 4 star guys as the top six with the 4.5 guy as #1. No worries.

Rubber Ducky

Neo Member
Ready whenever, Spectre, if you want to go ahead. Dunno about Rubber Ducky tho

Depressing somehow that the two teams in the Final are the franchise cousins that have never won a Cup.

WELL THAT ENDS TONIGHT

I'm ready whenever. Go for it. It's time for Miller and Lundqvist to duel. This should be a good series.

Socreges

Banned
My team's in an interesting stage. All my major young players are either hitting their primes or a few seasons away from the NHL. So I've got a bunch of guys to resign that'll be wanting raises and possibly very little coming up to replace them. So this might be my best chance at a Cup for a while.

I just want to see if Galchenyuk finally develops like he should
Yakupov, Galchenyuk and Murray have taken way too long to develop. At least one of them should be in the 80s by now, at a minimum.

Smiley90

Buffalo defeats Vancouver in six games!

I do not envy the Vancouver police tonight.

Congratz
dude!

Soc getting shafted again, but closer to the cup this time. Ouch.

I'll PM
you
with the details of what you win! :D

Smiley90

Galiardi dropped from 85 to 82 :(
Karlsson dropped from 90 to 88 :(
Landeskog dropped from 85 to 84 :(
Seguin dropped from 85 to 84 (He's now WORSE than he was when the game started. wtf EA. 3 seasons of no growth and a season of drop for a 4.5star 1st line player between 20 and 24. totally realistic.)

Eberle went from 86 to 88 :)

That's all the ones I can check from my phone... looks bad -.-

Top Bottom