• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Socreges

Banned
This sounds like a good idea. I might be able to get on 23rd/24th but its certainly not going to be a priority for me. If that means I have to try and sign all my players on the 26th, so be it, I just don't see the point in rushing through the process.
This is my thinking. I could bring my 360 with me to Vancouver and set aside some time... but I'd rather not. The decision will be made 'democratically', though, so hopefully more people chime in and give their thoughts.

Rubber Ducky, what about you?

Rubber Ducky

Neo Member
This is my thinking. I could bring my 360 with me to Vancouver and set aside some time... but I'd rather not. The decision will be made 'democratically', though, so hopefully more people chime in and give their thoughts.

Rubber Ducky, what about you?

I'll be bringing my 360 home for the Christmas break, so I won't have any trouble getting on, whatever the day. Whatever everyone else decides is fine by me.

Socreges

Banned
Can we squeeze the playoffs, draft and free agency before the 23rd?
Why would we want to do all of that in six days and compromise so much? I think it's better to go go at the same pace, take a 2-day break after the Stanley Cup Final (or not), and then begin the new offseason.

17th - 2 weeks
18th - 2 weeks
19th - final 2 weeks
20th - 1st round
21st - 2nd round
22nd - 3rd round
23rd - Final
24th - Holiday break
25th - Holiday break
26th - Draft/Development (resigning begins)
27th - 1st resign day
28th - 2nd resign day
29th - 3rd resign day (free agency begins)
30th - 1st FA day
31st - 2nd FA day
1st - 3rd FA day
2nd - Set lineup
3rd - First 2 weeks of 16/17 season

Gonna edit my previous question for clarity.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I won't be able to get on from the 21st until the 5th...

That's a bit very late... Just give the club up for AI control for that time, so your players get resigned? Unless you can find someone to log into your account and do your resignings from another xbox

Socreges

Banned
curious, how many of people are active?
Mac
Ducky
Rev
Smiley
CCF23
CrazedArabMan!!
yoda
Jonsson
Delryk
Cake Boss
Random
Mibupe (?)
6for8
Swance
Rizzle
Socreges
Spectre

It seems like less, but there are a few guys that I know are active who just don't post much (Rev, 6for8). mibupe is the only one who I'm not sure if he's actually active, though he's currently the Sharks GM

Also a few guys who might return like Milly, Dastardly, wsoxfan...

Socreges

Banned
haha whoops

A 'problem' I noticed during the deadline is that this season we're generally all in the playoff hunt (and the CPU teams are doing much worse) so we're almost all buyers and not sellers. That's why there were so few trades this season

Sim time

Did we figure out who is GM tomorrow? I need to pass this off asap, I'm leaving the house around 1:30EST and won't be home until Wednesday night

Ewwww, shit the bed this sim, there go my playoff chances....fuck.....

All hail commissioner Socreges, may he enjoy a 1000 year reign

Socreges

Banned
Sorry about the musical chairs commish stuff, guys. Nothing changes. We just need to ensure there's someone in the seat to press the 'sim' button each night.

Lost Lander and Johansen for the season, my bottom 6 Cs. Gonna have to see which winger's got a decent face off stat

Socreges

Banned
So tonight's sim is the final 2 weeks, not tomorrow night's. Edited the schedule to correspond.

18th - final 2 weeks
19th - 1st round
20th - 2nd round
21st - 3rd round
22nd - Final
23rd - Draft/Development (resigning begins)
24th - Holiday break
25th - Holiday break
26th - 1st resign day
27th - 2nd resign day
28th - 3rd resign day (free agency begins)
29th - 1st FA day
30th - 2nd FA day
31st - 3rd FA day
1st - Set lineup
2nd - First 2 weeks of 16/17 season

Socreges

Banned
Playoff Matchups:

Eastern Conference

(1) NYR vs (8) PHI
(2) BUF vs (7) TOR
(3) TBL vs (6) WPG
(4) BOS vs (5) OTT

Western Conference

(1) CHI vs (8) STL
(2) VAN vs (7) LAK
(3) PHX vs (6) COL
(4) DET vs (5) CAL

Whelp, I'm fucked. Best dman is out for 17 games and for some reason my team has never been able to beat LA.

Fourth consecutive 1st round exit incoming

Smiley90

Nashille is the GM Connected Edmonton. 2nd year in a row first overall?

Also, winner of this season's cup will
Most likely get Far Cry 3. That should be cool with most people I hope lol. (+options from whatever steam throws at me)

Cake Boss

Banned
Fuck tits balls ass shit balls I am against Boston. Was hoping to say in 6th to get one the weaker SE teams.

3rd-4th 1st round exit coming up.

Edit: NE is a beastly division, 4 teams made the playoffs except for MTL.

Delryk

Looks like i didnt make the playoffs cause my 2 best players missed 20 games each.. not a bad season after finishing 2nd last last season tho

Swance

Neo Member
Gonna roll with Hackett in net for the first round...we'll see how it goes.

Can you sign players using the app during the re-signing period?

theRizzle

THERE IS NO MISTAKE!!!

I think I only missed the playoffs last season when I tied with MTL in points.

Hodgson ended up getting a little less than a PPG after the trade I think. He was hurt for a bit and I can't remember what his stats were when I got him but he finished with 39 pts in 65 games. And that's with Semin (my only sniper) out for a big chunk of that.

I have 2 1sts if anyone with a top 6 pick would consider moving down.

edit: Due to injury, Messiah-tier prospect Morgan Rielly will be making his playoff debut after having 1 assist and being -6 in the final 18 games of the season.

Delryk

How does point breakers work to get in the playoffs? I thought it was Wins, more OTL than L and then GFs...

Or is it just Wins then GFs?

Nevermind.. I looked wrong anyway.. But srill a valid question.. Lol

SCREW YOU EA!!!!

Halak out for 35 games!!!! Injured in the last sim, stupid game!!! Glad I can give Calgary the free first round win because of it, at least I'll get a higher draft pick because of it. :/

Socreges

Banned
SCREW YOU EA!!!!

Halak out for 35 games!!!! Injured in the last sim, stupid game!!! Glad I can give Calgary the free first round win because of it, at least I'll get a higher draft pick because of it. :/
Well, you did play Halak in 80 consecutive games. Don't start none, won't be none.

Well, you did play Halak in 80 consecutive games. Don't start none, won't be none.

He's really only been injured once before in the last 3 seasons for only 3 games or so playing pretty much 75+ game a year, so for some reason I don't think it matters as much in this game.

At least I'll be joining you in the first round exit category. :p

Socreges

Banned
He's really only been injured once before in the last 3 seasons for only 3 games or so playing pretty much 75+ game a year, so for some reason I don't think it matters as much in this game.

At least I'll be joining you in the first round exit category. :p
I'm pretty sure it's a factor. Lundqvist got injured in the last sim of last season, too, so I benched him earlier on.

The coach should be rotating goalies, not the GM, but EA

Well we do have to act as the coach as well, though it would have been nice to have a feature (since the sims are for a stretch of games) that would rotate to the backup goalie for a game if it sees that the starter has played a large number of games in a row.

Socreges

Banned
Yeah there's a 'Coaching Options' drop-down where you can edit lines (eg, bench goalie)

BTW SpectreFire, our interim commissioner, has got himself banned for a month. I'm still going to pass the reins over to him tonight so he can continue simming until Smiley's back. I'm gonna try to serve as a conduit so that there are no more hiccups.

RE: XMAS

Who would prefer we pause the sims during the 24th and 25th?

And who would rather we keep going?

So far myself, Mac, Random would like to pause

Not hearing much appetite for people that really want to keep going - more just that some are easy either way. Tell me if I'm wrong.

Smiley90

Yeah there's a 'Coaching Options' drop-down where you can edit lines (eg, bench goalie)

BTW SpectreFire, our interim commissioner, has got himself banned for a month. I'm still going to pass the reins over to him tonight so he can continue simming until Smiley's back. I'm gonna try to serve as a conduit so that there are no more hiccups.

RE: XMAS

Who would prefer we pause the sims during the 24th and 25th?

And who would rather we keep going?

So far myself, Mac, Random would like to pause

Not hearing much appetite for people that really want to keep going - more just that some are easy either way. Tell me if I'm wrong.

I think BJ wanted to get going.

Personally, I don't really care cause I'm not here anyway, but for the sake of getting as much done myself as possible, I'll be on team break.

also lolololololo@Spectre.

EDIT:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=45593325&postcount=118

that was way less funny than I thought :(

Top Bottom