• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
How do you check from your phone? I can't check any of my players from the app.

You can check most of the players from the statistics screen. There it fills up a roster of NHL-players with players who you don't have to resign (as those are not technically on your team) and also usually no prospects. You can check SOME there.

Socreges

Banned
Galiardi dropped from 85 to 82 :(
Karlsson dropped from 90 to 88 :(
Landeskog dropped from 85 to 84 :(
Seguin dropped from 85 to 84 (He's now WORSE than he was when the game started. wtf EA. 3 seasons of no growth and a season of drop for a 4.5star 1st line player between 20 and 24. totally realistic.)

Eberle went from 86 to 88 :)

That's all the ones I can check from my phone... looks bad -.-
Sounds like Alexandre Daigle. It happens. But yeah that's brutal.

I got some bad, bad drops at D and some great jumps at O. Kreider went up to 87. Really glad I was patient with him.

Smiley90

Sounds like Alexandre Daigle. It happens. But yeah that's brutal.

I got some bad, bad drops at D and some great jumps at O. Kreider went up to 87. Really glad I was patient with him.

Daigle was never good though... Seguin came into the game being an awesome prospect, developing REALLY well, and then as soon as the game starts he STOPS and drops. That makes no sense. If he was a 4.5star that always stayed low, that'd be a different thing. Just really frustrating this way.

Socreges

Banned
Daigle was never good though... Seguin came into the game being an awesome prospect, developing REALLY well, and then as soon as the game starts he STOPS and drops. That makes no sense. If he was a 4.5star that always stayed low, that'd be a different thing. Just really frustrating this way.
Daigle had 88 points in his first 130 games, and on a horrible team. He didn't get any better and then got much worse. Maybe Seguin's development is stilted from being on a poor/average team. And didn't you say he's suffered a lot each season from long term injuries? Also sounds like Daigle!

Smiley90

Daigle had 88 points in his first 130 games, and on a horrible team. He didn't get any better and then got much worse. Maybe Seguin's development is stilted from being on a poor/average team. And didn't you say he's suffered a lot each season from long term injuries? Also sounds like Daigle!

Only the first few, this season he was comparatively healthy... out for 20 games... but yeah. I guess. I'm just bitter. :(

Congrats Buffalo!

Let's see, most players stayed the same, though a few dropped which shouldn't have:
Gerbe 85 -> 84 (no idea here, had slightly less points than last year but played less games and had a much better +/-)
J. Johnson 86 -> 85 (once again, same as Gerbe, slightly less points, less games played, but better +/-)
Hjalmarsson 84 -> 83 (Another head scratcher, more games played than last year, put up a lot more points, and was about the same exact +/-)
Klesla 82 -> 80 (around the same number of games played, same amount of points, but much better +/-)
Then I had a few others that dropped that could have stayed the same but I can see why they dropped.

Then I had some nice growth on rookies though this year which was great:
Orlov 80 -> 83 (finally had a nice breakout year in terms of growth which I have been hoping for)
Couturier 79 -> 81 (same as Orlov, finally a nice growth period for him though he had one of his worst seasons yet)
Jarnkrok 71 ->76 (AH YEAH!!!)
Sproul 65 -> 70 (AH YEAH X2!!!)
Along with a handful of other rookies who rose up a great deal but not yet at the 70 range yet.

So overall, not bad, the players that dropped is really confusing since they had pretty much the same seasons as last year when a lot of them grew one level. But EA...

Edit: Forgot to check goalies and look!!!

Halak 85 -> 86 (Nice!)
Mrazek 76 -> 80 (AH YEAH X3!!!)

Edit 2:

Heatley 84 -> 85 (Old man Heatley went up a level!)

Cake Boss

Banned
Rises

Kopitar 89 or 88 to 90
Gardiner 84- 87
Carlson 85- 86
Girardi 84- 85
Ellis 80- 84
Bieksa 83-84
Some goalie 71-80
Thiriau 71-77
Stone 73-77
Puempel 70-74
Kramer 68-74
Some prospects who went from 60s to 70s.

Declines

Weiss 83-82
Palmieri- 81-80
Jackson 79-78
Falk 79-78

Fucking Barkov is slow as shit, in my offline one be went up to 80 after 1 season, he's still mid 60s in the 2-3 rd year.

Sweet Jesus Kopitar is asking for 11M, well there goes my window.

Delryk

Checked real quick and seems like Huberdeau went from 84 to 88 and Delmas (draft from last season) went from 83 to 87 i think..

Reinhart and Domi are taking forever to go up....sucks...

theRizzle

I do not understand the progression system i this game AT ALL. Guys that I think should be flying up take forever and guys that I thought were done are still progressing.

Enroth is a 3.5 star an went from 81-85-87 between ages 26-28. Bobrovsky is a 4 star and is waaaaay behind him in ratings but only one year younger.

Socreges

Banned
I think the potential i just that. Potential. you can have busts or find diamond in the rough.
Yep. The Enroth/Bobrovsky example is actually kinda true to life. You'll often get average goalie prospects who surpass great goalie prospects. But before they develop you always prefer to have that great goalie prospect in your system since the odds are better that he'll be superior... but there's no guarantee. It'd be a pretty boring system imo if it was so predictable. That's why it's a good idea to not have all your eggs in one basket.

If anyone has a surplus at defense (Cake Boss?), I'll definitely be willing to trade a young forward.

Hmmm, I may be able to add an impact player or two this offseason

Ugh, my goalie prospects are such busts

Vokoun is an 83 overall, age 39, wants 4 years......

Shinkaruk is a 94?!?!? holy shitballs

I have 18 million reasons to offer sheet him, or is he a UFA....you better give him what he wants ;)

Hmmm, I may be able to add an impact player or two this offseason

Ugh, my goalie prospects are such busts

Vokoun is an 83 overall, age 39, wants 4 years......

Shinkaruk is a 94?!?!? holy shitballs

I have 18 million reasons to offer sheet him, or is he a UFA....you better give him what he wants ;)

Makes me mad that I could have had him.
Seems like a bad draft year

CCF23

The default draft priority list already has the 4 star guys as the top six with the 4.5 guy as #1. No worries.

This didn't turn out to be true, I don't think. I have no 4 star prospects. As far as I can tell, my first rounder looks like 19 year old, 3 and a half star winger Serge Bernier.

Anyone else notice that the retired players list every season has Winnipeg listed after Anaheim in the alphabetical team listing? I guess EA didn't fully remove Atlanta from the Jets code

Socreges

Banned
This didn't turn out to be true, I don't think. I have no 4 star prospects. As far as I can tell, my first rounder looks like 19 year old, 3 and a half star winger Serge Bernier.
Hmmm dunno. Default list had the first six 4 star min

Anyone else notice that the retired players list every season has Winnipeg listed after Anaheim in the alphabetical team listing? I guess EA didn't fully remove Atlanta from the Jets code
There's a retired players list?

theRizzle

Well, on the ranking screen it DOES say overall ability I believe, not potential. I've always wondered if it was the same thing.

Socreges

Banned
Just saw. You're right...... but it did turn out to be true. Because you drafted 7th. :p

Smiley90

Thanks to Spectre logging in for me, I just found out my surprise-awesome-3.5-prospeft Lofthouse got better again. 67-75-79, so now he's 21 and 79 overall. SEE TYLER SEGUIN, THIS IS HOW YOU GET BETTER.

Socreges

Banned
Spectre will be simming tonight. Afterwards I'll be sending PMs to any GM that hasn't signed anyone during their first opportunity. Hopefully everyone is active (except for Swance and Random who are letting the CPU take over temporarily).

Socreges

Banned
FYI Spectre did sim apparently, but didn't email me last night so I couldn't post here.

Resign phase #2 now.

Got a couple nice bargains. Few more holding out not wanting to sacrifice.

Socreges

Banned
Kopitar is going to ruin me.

Also does the cap hit count if the player retires and he signed his contract as a 36 years old?
I really doubt EA accounted for that.

That reminds me... Doan retired without his Cup. I'd feel sorry for him but he was total shit for me, so tough.

Ya so all my re-signings are 2-way contracts, 18 million to spend :) (maybe a few mil less if Vokoun actually accepts the shitty offer I gave him)

If you have a 83-90+ rated goalie on the market let me know

I'll have to check when I get home, but I should have around 4 million in cap left after this resigning phase. However, my team is stacked with goalies and I really need to get rid of some, if you are looking for a young backup in the high 70's/low 80's, let me know, we might be able to do some trading when trading opens up.

Smiley90

I'll have to check when I get home, but I should have around 4 million in cap left after this resigning phase. However, my team is stacked with goalies and I really need to get rid of some, if you are looking for a young backup in the high 70's/low 80's, let me know, we might be able to do some trading when trading opens up.

Might be interested in a backup to Pavelec. I'll take a look, will be able to do more once I'm back home. (Going back tomorrow)

Hmmm....

I'm in a dilemma here. I have 8.315 in cap space with all of my players signed except for one.

Hjalmarsson dropped from an 84 to and 83 this season but is only 29 with a 4 star white potential rating. He is asking for 3 years at 5.175 million.

My problem is that he is injured for about 30 games a season which really sucks (last year was his best year at only getting injured for 20). However, he puts up a decent amount of points for a DFD (around 20 or so) and is usually around a +/- of 20 which is great. So I tried to do 2 years at 5 million but he wouldn't bite. So now I'm wondering if I should try my luck at FA or just go ahead and give him the 5.3 at 2 years. His injuries are the main problem with the money he is asking for which sucks along with upcoming contracts next year which will be raises for some of my rookies.

Cake Boss

Banned
Save your cap space for a better free agent dman.

BTW dont you have Nyquist to resign as well? I am hoping he makes it to the market.

Save your cap space for a better free agent dman.

BTW dont you have Nyquist to resign as well? I am hoping he makes it to the market.

Not mine, since he played for the AHL, he was in the random team assignment.

I decided to up my offer to 5.1 for 2 years, so we'll see if he bites, if not to the FA market I go.

Also I just want to look at that end of the season stats for two players (both have around the same number of games played):

Setoguchi: 82 -> 81, 36 points, +/- 8, 29 yo 4 white star potential

Sauve: 82 -> 79, 3 points, +/- 4, 26 yo 3.5 gold star potential (last year for any real growth)

Suck on that people who called that trade a fleecing by the Jets, suck it!!! Knew the 82 rating on Sauve was too good to be true.

theRizzle

Can you guys drop me (Leafs) before
you sim? My internet has been down since yesterday and isn't back up so I'm probably not going to get a chance to resign my guys tonight.

Socreges

Banned
Can you guys drop me (Leafs) before
you sim? My internet has been down since yesterday and isn't back up so I'm probably not going to get a chance to resign my guys tonight.
Shitty. I'll make sure Spectre drops you. Let us know when it's back up and you send a join request so we can make sure to get you back in asap.

Cake Boss

Banned
Pretty good free agent class.

Hopefully the players I am bidding on belong to the CPU teams, but then again I lost Silfverberg for nothing in waivers so fuck y'all.

Top Bottom