• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Seems fair, does the season start in the next Sim?

Nope, one more FA day after this, considering doing a sim-break tomorrow for New Year's, if that's okay.

Delryk, I think I need some space, lemme know. (Columbus)

CCF23

I let Hamhuis go because fuck giving him $8 million.

I signed a bunch of players (Versteeg, Marchand, Hansen, etc). My team has next to no top end talent (fuck you Kane and Hall, FUCKING DEVELOP), but has decent depth. We'll see where it ends up.

I'd be open to moving a winger not named Hall, Kane, or Faksa for a similarly rated and aged D man.

Socreges

Banned
Looking for prospects/picks. Or a cheap, young 80ish dman.

Code:
            TYPE   OVR   CAP  YRS END  AGE  [STARS]

[b]Flaake[/b]     RW/PLY  81  $2.405  3  UFA  26   [3 yellow]
[b]Rodin[/b]      LW/TWF  78  $1.545  2  UFA  25   [3.5 yellow]

[b]Methot[/b]     LW/PLY  65  $0.655  3  RFA  22   [3.5 yellow]
[B]Corrado[/b]    TWD     69  $0.550  2  RFA  23   [3 yellow]

Would like to keep Flaake and Rodin, but they're redundant with similar guys on 2-way contracts and will need every available million next season to resign guys.

Socreges

Banned
Hey now. Flaake and Rodin are "80ish and young". And do not speak ill of Flaake. 97 passing, 94 puck control, 94 off awareness, 88ish wrist shot. Nearly a PPG scoring rate last season while 79 ovr and on the 3rd line. But dude's kind of a pussy. Poor physical attributes bring him down to an 81.

And maybe two of those together for one dman? Dunno.

Smiley90

Hey now. Flaake and Rodin are "80ish and young". And do not speak ill of Flaake. 97 passing, 94 puck control, 94 off awareness, 88ish wrist shot. Nearly a PPG scoring rate last season while 79 ovr and on the 3rd line. But dude's kind of a pussy. Poor physical attributes bring him down to an 81.

And maybe two of those together for one dman? Dunno.

How long is Flaake signed for? 2.4 is a bit much to take if he drops... :/

Socreges

Banned
3 years. He could drop. Or he could go up again. I think it's a really good contract, but I'm biased.

I traded a 26 yo, 80 ovr, 3 star Laakso to Chicago. He then went up to 82 and stayed there. Laasko will return, though. This is where his heart is.

Smiley90

Also, for information's sake, here are the awards for last season:

Stanley Cup: Buffalo Sabres
President's Trophy: Chicago Blackhawks
Clarence Bowl: Vancouver Canucks
Prince of Wales: Buffalo Sabres
Art Ross: Nicklas Backstrom
Hart: Mike Smith
James Norris: Brent Seabrook
Lady Byng: Nicklas Backstrom
Calder: Hunter Shinkaruk (surprise, surprise)
Conn Smythe: Ryan Miller
Vezina: Mike Smith
William M. Jennings: Mike Smith
Bill Masterton: Justin Jeff Schultz
Selke: Pavel Datsyk
Ted Lindsay: Mike Smith (his 4th award)
Maurice Richard: Alex Ovechkin (4th year in a row)

Socreges

Banned
2016/17 Canucks

Code:
        LW                        C                       RW
Z. Parise (PLY, 90)       J. Spezza (C, 87)       P. Kessel (SNP, 88)
C. Kreider (PWF, 87)      J. Staal (TWF, 85)      J. Flaake (PLY, 81)
N. Filatov (SNP, 82)      R. Johansen (PLY, 80)   B. Connolly (SNP, 79)
A. Rodin (TWF, 78)        A. Lander (TWF 78)      C. Coyle (TWF, 78)
[B. Ranford (TWF, 78)]

LD                        RD
V. Hedman (DFD, 85)       D. Byfuglien (TWD, 86)
D. Kulikov (TWD, 84)      J. Spurgeon (OFD, 84)
N. Leddy (OFD, 81)        B. Krupp (DFD, 78)        

G
H. Lundqvist (91)
L. Carrozzi (80)
Hoping for a beastly season from Kreider.

Cake Boss

Banned
DAT lineup, your 2nd line winger is higher rated than my 1st line wingers.

This dumb fucking game, you can't exchange players in your system to be under the cap.

I am at 1.055M of cap space left with 18 skaters and 2 goalies. The problem is that my backup is in the minors (80OVR) at cap hit of 1.275 and I can't switch him with the current back up (72OVR) .700M cap hit even though at the end I could fit him under the cap with some space left.

My top 2 lines are pretty much the same as they have been, my D is still my strongest part and I have some pretty good depth all the way down my roster along with a strong goaltending tandem as well, next offseason is the last for Heatley (which surprisingly has played great) but I might be able to use that money and more to upgrade my top 6.

Habs

I. Kovalchuk - 90 A. Henrique - 83 G. Nyquist - 88
J. Neal - 84 R. O'Reilly - 82 C. MacArthur - 83
R. Umberger - 83 J. Colborne - 81 P.Hornqvist - 81
B. Gallagher - 80 M.Bournival - 75 D. Weise - 78

Z. Bogosian - 84 T. Gilbert - 84
A. Martinez - 82 M. Nygren -80
J. Tinordi - 78 M. Bartkowski - 76

J. Missiaen - 84
N. Riopel - 80

I may send Galchenyuk down since he makes 3 million and I have someone far cheaper with the same rating, and then I can call Gallagher - 80 up from the minors

Also, may end up putting Nyquist on the top line with Kovy

Socreges

Banned
DAT lineup, your 2nd line winger is higher rated than my 1st line wingers.

This dumb fucking game, you can't exchange players in your system to be under the cap.

I am at 1.055M of cap space left with 18 skaters and 2 goalies. The problem is that my backup is in the minors (80OVR) at cap hit of 1.275 and I can't switch him with the current back up (72OVR) .700M cap hit even though at the end I could fit him under the cap with some space left.
Weren't you like $5m over the cap before the AI put in your lines and sent players down? Might want to make a trade unless you've got dumps in the minors that you'd never call up.

Otherwise wait for long term injuries which essentially serves as cap relief.

Smiley90

Columbus:

Code:
G. Landeskog (PWF, 84)       T. Seguin (PLY, 84)       J. Eberle (SNP, 88)
T. Galiardi (TWF, 82)      A. Anisimov (PLY, 84)      R. Horak (SNP, 83)
J. Street (SNP, 78)      T. Lofthouse (PLY, 79)   M. Vallerand (SNP, 78)
K. Clifford (GRN, 79)        P. Gaustad (GRN, 76)      J. Caron (PWF, 76)

D. Hamhuis (TWD, 87)       E. Karlsson (OFD, 88)
T. Peckham (DFD, 84)      C. Teubert (DFD, 84)
J. Moore (OFD, 81)        T. Hamonic (DFD, 81)        

G
O. Pavelec (85)
D. Dubnyk (80)

Socreges

Banned
Rizzle, I promise you it'll be a bit messy. Trust that they used whatever cap space you had to sign veteran free agents that you wouldn't necessarily need or want. Hopefully an easy fix.

Spectre just sent me a msg from beyond the grave:

"The Winnipeg Jets are hoping to not shit their pants this season."

Could someone tell me my record? Away for a few days.

Smiley90

Rizzle, I promise you it'll be a bit messy. Trust that they used whatever cap space you had to sign veteran free agents that you wouldn't necessarily need or want. Hopefully an easy fix.

Spectre just sent me a msg from beyond the grave:

"The Winnipeg Jets are hoping to not shit their pants this season."

Could someone tell me my record? Away for a few days.

The first sim only had three/four games... Didn't wanna screw people over by simming two periods, so I'll leave it at that. Your record is 3-1-0...

Eberle already got injured for 10 games, good start.

Shit didn't even know the new season started until the NHL app told me that Claude Giroux is out for a 29 games. On the bright side played 3 games and Reimer got 2 shut outs, I'm sure he will get injured soon.

Cake Boss

Banned
Who wants a back up goalie for free? (5th-7th rounder) hes 80 OVR and a cap hit of 1.3.

Edit: why do my teams always have shitty starts, even in my offline GMmode they always have a shitty October and end up with 55+ wins. EA hates me.

theRizzle

Alright, just had a look at what the CPU Burke-Bot did to my team and it's not SO bad. Except for one thing.

They did sign Ribeiro who I don't need at all but can live with. However, the CPU resigned Regehr to a 3 or 4 year deal at 4.5 mil per, and he's a 36 year old 82 OVR. Which I never would have done, obviously.

I would love to dump him on a CPU team that has the cap space for a 7th. Anyone have issues with that?

Socreges

Banned
Alright, just had a look at what the CPU Burke-Bot did to my team and it's not SO bad. Except for one thing.

They did sign Ribeiro who I don't need at all but can live with. However, the CPU resigned Regehr to a 3 or 4 year deal at 4.5 mil per, and he's a 36 year old 82 OVR. Which I never would have done, obviously.

I would love to dump him on a CPU team that has the cap space for a 7th. Anyone have issues with that?
I was going to suggest something like that. What are other people's thoughts?

Would also be good to find out which CPU team could use another dman and isn't looking to rebuild.

Strangely, the CPU sent me two offers with Regehr the moment they could. Why would they sign him, only to want to trade him?

2-1-1, but thankfully EA decided 2 of my top 4 D-men should be injured right out the gate, ugh...

Edit: Uh OK, so 4 games in and most of my top players are negative with Crosby leading the pack at -6... Yeah, sure.

Who wants a back up goalie for free? (5th-7th rounder) hes 80 OVR and a cap hit of 1.3.

Edit: why do my teams always have shitty starts, even in my offline GMmode they always have a shitty October and end up with 55+ wins. EA hates me.

Who and how old?

Sounds interesting

theRizzle

I was going to suggest something like that. What are other people's thoughts?

Would also be good to find out which CPU team could use another dman and isn't looking to rebuild.

Strangely, the CPU sent me two offers with Regehr the moment they could. Why would they sign him, only to want to trade him?

I would like to this before this sim so it doesn't affect the rest of the season too much. I've only played 3 games so I think this is the best time. I'll go have a look at some of the CPU teams and propose something.

Smiley90

2-1-1, but thankfully EA decided 2 of my top 4 D-men should be injured right out the gate, ugh...

Edit: Uh OK, so 4 games in and most of my top players are negative with Crosby leading the pack at -6... Yeah, sure.

You're 2-1-1 and most players are negative? lol.

I think this is the first time in the history of my team that NO players are negative. 2-1-0 start, and I have 2 players who are Even, the rest is positive. Anisimov with 3 goals in 3 games to start the season. And still, the AI wants to put him as my third line Center after every sim -.-

I think this is the first time in the history of my team that NO players are negative. 2-1-0 start, and I have 2 players who are Even, the rest is positive. Anisimov with 3 goals in 3 games to start the season. And still, the AI wants to put him as my third line Center after every sim -.-

Yeah, and Halak has a 1.9 GAA and a .933 save percentage. So I don't even know what happened.

MacAttack

Boston:

Code:
D. Perron (PLY, 83)       D. Krejci (PLY, 84)       N. Horton (PWF, 84)
M. Grabner (SNP, 82)      M. Backlund(PLY, 82)      R. Panik (SNP, 82)
V. Sobotka (TWF, 83)      T. Zajac (PLY, 83)    J. Abdelkader (PWF, 78)
J. Schroeder (PLY, 78)        A. Cogliano (TWF, 81)      M. Read (SNP, 78)

T. Brodie (OFD, 85)       A. Meszaros (TWD, 85)
Z. Michalek (DFD, 85)      A. Larsson (TWD, 85)
D. Hamilton (TWD, 79)        Y. Suave (DFD, 79)        

G
A. Courchaine (80)
B. Holtby (77)

Rookies:
M. Subban (70)
W. Carrier (62)

The window is closing on my aging group of vets and Subban is still a year or two away from starting. :/

MacAttack

Is there any way to cancel a free agent contract offer? I didn't realize I had already signed a goalie and made an offer on another today.

theRizzle

I submitted a trade to the Ducks sending Regehr their way and a 7th and a jobber (29 year old 67 OVR with an expiring contract) coming back.

Socreges

Banned
Is there any way to cancel a free agent contract offer? I didn't realize I had already signed a goalie and made an offer on another today.
Unfortunately no.

I submitted a trade to the Ducks sending Regehr their way and a 7th and a jobber (29 year old 67 OVR with an expiring contract) coming back.
The AI screwed you so the AI should pay. Anaheim is probably a good choice too since they're rebuilding and have the space.

Smiley90

I was like 1min from being done after 10+ mins of simming, then the EA servers go down. Wow.

It's 2.15am now and I'm sick, so I'll sim tomorrow once I get up... Don't wanna just wait here and sit while I see when the servers might come back up.

EA. Expect a sim around 10/11am PST.

Smiley90

Simming now, sorry about that.

EDIT: 7-2-1, sweeeet. 4-0-0 at home lol.

Leading the league in goals against per game with 1.80. Hamhuis is paying off big time already. 3rd on the team in +- with +6.

Horak is 2nd on the team in points and leads the team with +9. He asked for a lot of money (4.5 mio), so he better prove his worth.

Smiley90

Can someone tell me Vans record and how Kreiders doing?

you're 7-2-1 as well... Kreider has 4 points in 10 games and is +3. Staal, Parise, Spezza and Flaake (again lol) have 11, 10, 9 and 9 points respectively, before team scoring drops to 5/4 points per player etc.

CCF23

My lineup is:

Hall [85] - Getzlaf [86] - Kane [84]
Hayes [82] - Marchand [84] - Versteeg [83]
Burrows [81] - Broadziak [79] - Galiev [80]
Beach [79] - Emmerton [78] - Hansen [80]

Schenn [82] - White [84]
Jackman [82] - McIlrath [78]
Jokipakka [78] - Kampfer [78]

Luongo [85]
Kinkaid [77]

I'd like to deal Burrows or Beach for a similarly rated D man. Beach is 4 gold stars so if I'm not getting a D man around his OV still with potential back, I'd want a higher OV guy.

Whole team except for one is now positive with a 6-2-3 record. LOL

Team pulled a 180 in the +/- department

Top Bottom