• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Does it involve Weidman?

Nope! Not sure if I'm allowed to post it without breaking some kind of secrecy, but given that the info will be publicly available in like 5mins, I don't think it matters much? not sure... lol

Smiley90

It was Connolly for Michalek

Shinkaruk has more goals than any of my players have points. He has 10 more goals than Ovie,, and 22 more goals then the 4th placed player in the goal category ROFL. He's on pace for what, 70 goals? Flipping the bird to Stamkos I see.

EDIT: Also, I'm 3rd in the NHL, but 4th in the West. Fuck that.

Western Conference is best conference.

Ewwww
2-4-1 this sim
32-17-4 overall

Lost another D =/

Still first in the beast

Holy shit Shinkaruk, 43 goals now

fuck shinkaruk. mackinnon is where its at (79 overall and in the minors or junior)
i dont know why either. ive been letting the cpu handle my lines and they do some weird things

offered trade to calgary:

tatar for kostitsyn
(tried ladd first but they like tatar more)
got accepted
dont see anything wrong with it. veto if you think its unfair. tatar is 83 overall

and how do my goalies keep doing good. first mason, then crawford. now hiller. mason and crawford just diappeared once i got rid of them

Smiley90

Simming now, accepted both trades.

Honestly Random, I think you WAY overpaid for Kostitsyn :p Same overall, but Tatar is 6 years younger and still yellow...

EDIT: Also, I think next sim might be the last one before the deadline, Soc's right. Looks like Trade Deadline will be from tomorrow night until Monday night!

Pavelec out for 10 games, my rookie goalie Hanzal filled in for 2 games so far...95.92%, 1.00 GAA. Keep doing just that!

Other than that, not a very good sim for me :/ Still solidly 4th in the west though. Vancouver running away for President;s Trophy again it seems :p
As if that's gonna help this time, AMIRITE

Simming now, accepted both trades.

Honestly Random, I think you WAY overpaid for Kostitsyn :p Same overall, but Tatar is 6 years younger and still yellow...

EDIT: Also, I think next sim might be the last one before the deadline, Soc's right. Looks like Trade Deadline will be from tomorrow night until Monday night!

Pavelec out for 10 games, my rookie goalie Hanzal filled in for 2 games so far...95.92%, 1.00 GAA. Keep doing just that!

Other than that, not a very good sim for me :/ Still solidly 4th in the west though. Vancouver running away for President;s Trophy again it seems :p
As if that's gonna help this time, AMIRITE

i know, but i needed to get him. one of my favorite players

Wow, first time I have even checked my team in a week... Hanging on in 8th by a thread (but I have more games played so that screws me over) but wow, open it up and I see:

Heatley out 7 games
Doughty out 29 games
Pulkkinen out 13 games

:/

However, I looked at teams stats and my GF, GA, PP%, and PK% all seem to be above average and my goaltending is doing great, so as a team they seem to be playing fine but I have no clue why they still keep sucking, 2nd line and 3rd lines are the only ones who seem to be positive though which sucks.

Socreges

Banned
First now? Haven't been home in a couple days so I dunno. But I know I probably got Flaake, Byfuglien and Kreider back from their 30-40 game injuries (they're supposed to be back at about the same time, by coincidence), plus Michalek... so that'd be a decent boost.

Agreed that Random overpaid, but you always have to with the CPU. And I think he really wanted Kostitsyn (Habs fan).

MacAttack

After getting within two point of the #1 pick two sims ago, my team went 6-3 and 7-2. Now I'm four points out of the playoffs. :/ My team can't even lose right.

My fire sale continues.

Cogliano TWF C 81 OVR 29yo $2.75m 1 yr left UFA after this season.

Looking for under 26 defenseman 3 star yellow and up.

MacAttack

35-19-6 overall
3-2-2 this sim

Acquired Wideman and a 2nd for Galchenyuk the bust

His strength and aggressiveness are holding back his OVR. His other stats are decent.

Once he gets into our strength and conditioning program we expect major progression in these areas. In two seasons he should be close to a 90 OVR.

Smiley90

I actually just realized the trade deadline is NOW, but since I just realized that and already announced that it would go until Monday, so I won't sim tonight or tomorrow. 3 days trade deadline it is! That will also give Soc and me and everyone some more time to pick apart Crazed's latest salary dump.

I actually just realized the trade deadline is NOW, but since I just realized that and already announced that it would go until Monday, so I won't sim tonight or tomorrow. 3 days trade deadline it is! That will also give Soc and me and everyone some more time to pick apart Crazed's latest salary dump.

lol, I was on my trade screen and said screw it, I do what I want!!

Socreges

Banned
Crazed, we post CPU trades here to be scrutinized. Don't just silently submit them, hoping the commish is feeling drunk with generosity

But yours is so bad that no discussion is required ;)

Socreges

Banned
Maybe we'll create a flip book for the league called Don't Do What CrazedArabMan Does

I'd sooner forgive stupidity than you knowing you're just wasting our time. :p

Swance

Neo Member
C - J. Carter - 85ovr - 32y - $5.650x6
C - J. Stoll - 80ovr - 34y - $3.110x1
LW - S. Gagne - 86ovr - 36y - $6.230x2
LW - J. Jokinen - 80ovr - 33y - $2.785x1
RW - J. Pominville - 85ovr - 34y - $6.400x3
D - P. Martin - 87ovr - 35y - $5.005x3
D - C. Syvret - 84ovr - 28y - $2.995x1
D - E. Gustafsson - 81ovr - 28y - $2.995x2
G - R. Helenius - 81ovr - 28y - $1.510x1
G - P. Leclaire - 80ovr - 34y - $1.415x2

Anyone interested?

theRizzle

C - J. Carter - 85ovr - 32y - $5.650x6
C - J. Stoll - 80ovr - 34y - $3.110x1
LW - S. Gagne - 86ovr - 36y - $6.230x2
LW - J. Jokinen - 80ovr - 33y - $2.785x1
RW - J. Pominville - 85ovr - 34y - $6.400x3
D - P. Martin - 87ovr - 35y - $5.005x3
D - C. Syvret - 84ovr - 28y - $2.995x1
D - E. Gustafsson - 81ovr - 28y - $2.995x2
G - R. Helenius - 81ovr - 28y - $1.510x1
G - P. Leclaire - 80ovr - 34y - $1.415x2

Anyone interested?

In Carter or Gagne maybe... what are you looking for? Specifically I mean. I assume you are looking for picks/prospects like everyone else.

Socreges

Banned
Anton Lander has DISAPPEARED

Literally. He was my 3rd/4th center, is no longer on my roster, nor in my system altogether. I can't see him on another team either and he's not under free agents.

Dude is just gone. As if the lines glitched over the last few days and instead of the AHL he was sent to some other dimension.

Revenant

Anton Lander has DISAPPEARED

Literally. He was my 3rd/4th center, is no longer on my roster, nor in my system altogether. I can't see him on another team either and he's not under free agents.

Dude is just gone. As if the lines glitched over the last few days and instead of the AHL he was sent to some other dimension.

he's the swedish flash gordon.

Socreges

Banned
He was perfect as a 4th line C (and eventually 3rd line permanent) and on a great contract. I I can think of a couple other sacrifices I'd have made instead. 11G Kessel? Seriously? Maybe I'll sacrifice you to the cap relief Gods

Weird wild stuff

Swance, PM sent

Smiley90

I'm still looking into trading one of Hamonic or Despres, 81 and 78ovr, both 4 star yellows, as well as other prospects. Looking to upgrade my 2nd/3rd d-pairing or forward line.

Socreges

Banned
I think Smiley extended it a day since he had been wrong about the date. Worked for me, though. Wasn't home until today and just got a deal done with Swance.

And it looks like disappearing players has happened before in other leagues... and they don't come back. Shitty. Lander was solid.

Smiley90

How many trade deadline deals are actually getting done? Enough to warrant a 3 day deadline?

Well, usually it's 2 days, but I didn 't realize it had already come up and had already announced today as sim-day.

Also, I know of at least 3 deals that got done up to now, at the deadline.

theRizzle

After actually acquiring a real starting goaltender, I have done the second thing on the "Things Brian Burke Should Have Done Years Ago" list and traded for Jeff Carter.

TO TORONTO:

Jeff Carter and his frosted tips

TO TAMPA:

TOR 1st round pick this year
Some 4 star goalie prospect I drafted a couple years ago

I made this trade because I have a team full of playmakers and no goal scorers. I have enough 3.5 star prospects which is where that 1st is going to be, and even if Bobrovsky ends up being a bust, I should be able to trade some of these prospects for a goalie later on.

Top Bottom