• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Well that was an awful 4 game sim. :/

I think I'm just going to wing it and go a few days without checking the game to see what happens just to experiment and see if it has any actual effect.

Socreges

Banned
Well that was an awful 4 game sim. :/

I think I'm just going to wing it and go a few days without checking the game to see what happens just to experiment and see if it has any actual effect.
It's really hard to draw any conclusions from that, though maybe. I've been away since Wednesday, haven't touched my lines, and my team is [please fill in record].

Socreges

Banned
Byfuglien out for 50 games. Kessel has been injured, but almost back. Hasn't seemed to make much difference.

Flaake with 15 points in 16 games. :D Still on the block for anyone interested.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Sim done! 13-8-2... from 9-5-1... trotting ahead, not as good as I'm hoping.

Soc, before you ask, Vancouver is 18-5-1.

Also, I'm waiving Campoli (77 OFD) and Brule (78 SNP C) if anyone wants them for free, again. I'll be doing it a couple times during the season probably, so they're just free all the time.

EDIT: Anisimov still leading the team with 16pts in 20 games, despite the AI constantly putting him back on the 3rd line. Eberle back from his season-starting 10game injury, now with 11pts in 13 games. Hamhuis second in scoring on the team oO, but now injured :( also +14. NICE.

Smiley90

Also, got a VOICEMESSAGE (!!) application from someone on xbox live, complimenting on how active our league is and how he wants to join. Oh man. I'm not sure how to respond to that lol. (as in, in what form I'll have to decline.)

6-2-1 this sim
13-8-2 overall

Ole ole oleeeee

Nyquist BEASTing, 28 points, 16 goals
Kovy almost beasting, 27 points

Damn, though that was impressive and then see 2 Caps (Errr, Hawks) leading with 30 pointseach

Smiley90

Simming now

EDIT: Mhmm, the West has the by far 2 best teams (Vancouver&Chicago), but the East's Nr 9 team has more points than the West's Nr 5 team... weird.

Cake Boss

Banned
Palmieri -9 0 goals (80OVR)
Daagostini -10 1 goal (79OVR)

Yogan 5 goals (76 OVR) +6
Stone 5 goals (77OVR) +5

Put a dman in for an injured dman, he plays 5 games and gets injured for 3 weeks, at least HE got a fucking goal on the 3rd pairing compared to 0 in 30 games on the 2nd/3rd line. Fucking EA.

Socreges

Banned
Jack Campbell, leading the league in sv% and GAA. 15 W, 2 L. He's only 81 ovr. Watch him vault up to 88 ovr during the offseason.

Socreges

Banned
If Miasenen wasn't out for 12 games I'm pretty sure he'd be #1 across the board :)
Or lower, actually. Players with lower stats will often be at one extreme or another based on a smaller sample. Through 82 games you'd get guys like Lundqvist and Rinne at the top, provided they've got good defenders ahead of them.

Smiley90

Or lower, actually. Players with lower stats will often be at one extreme or another based on a smaller sample. Through 82 games you'd get guys like Lundqvist and Rinne at the top, provided they've got good defenders ahead of them.

Reimer taking leafs to the playoffs in real life confirmed.

Smiley90

Gonna go ahead and sim in like 10mins.

Also, I'll probably be looking to add a 3rd line Winger (I know Flaake is available, thanks Soc :p) (78-81ish) or 3rd pairing D-man (81-84) in exchange for picks/prospects (I have quite a few 3.5/4star prospects)+, if anyone's interested before the deadline already, let me know.

Smiley90

Now that Seguin doesn't get injured anymore, Eberle gets injured. Great. First 10 games out at the beginning of the season, then he comes back with 1 PPG pretty much, now out another 24 games. -sigh-

Smiley90

So, with Eberle out as top scorer, I still have 6 players with more than 20 points... but none with more than 30. At least my team seems deep, so they can cope with losing their top scorer reasonably.

-looks at Winnipeg: Shinkaruk 55pts, Toews 49 pts, Larsson 24 as only players with 20+ points-

Would be a shame if something happened to YOUR top scorer, wouldn't it Spectre. Such a shame.
C'mon EA do something

Still solidly 4th in the west though, 5 points ahead of 5th.

But wow Shinkaruk has 8 goals more than Ovie already.

Socreges

Banned
Looking for prospects/picks

Code:
            TYPE   OVR   CAP  YRS END  AGE  [STARS]

[b]Flaake[/b]     RW/PLY  81  $2.405  3  UFA  26   [3 yellow]
[b]Rodin[/b]      LW/TWF  78  $1.545  2  UFA  25   [3.5 yellow]
[b]Byfuglien[/b]   TWD    86  $6.665  2  UFA  31   [4 white]

[b]Methot[/b]     LW/PLY  65  $0.655  3  RFA  22   [3.5 yellow]
[B]Corrado[/b]     TWD    69  $0.550  2  RFA  23   [3 yellow]

Really don't want to trade Byfuglien (especially since he'd be better to trade next season), but I've got to find some way to get cap space to make sure I can resign my guys comfortably.

For Byfuglien, would be interested in a 4 star yellow dman of some sort (80ish, ideally). Or make me an offer

Smiley90

I'll go ahead and sim now

EDIT: Aaaand done. Also next sim will be January 26th-February 8th, so we're approximately 3, 4 sims away from the deadline, I think? I can't see the exact schedule unfortunately, but if the deadline is end-February/beginning of March how it should be, then that's how it'll be. So get your trades ready! An extra day will be slotted in for the deadline again, but I don't want anyone to be surprised by it. It's coming closer fast ;)

4-1 this sim
30-13-3 overall

Missiaen leading in Sv% and GAA again :)
'

Heh, the Rangers want to trade me Patrick Sharp for an AHLer and an unsigned prospect

Smiley90

I'm still 4th in the West, and pretty rock solid. 8 points behind Chicago for the division, 7 points ahead of 5th place LA...

Smiley90

Also, here's my extra-condensed trading block, there's many more pieces available if wanted:

Prospects:
Lefebvre, 61ovr, C PLY, 4star, 21years
Cousins, 71ovr, C PLY, 3.5star, 23years
Gleason, 63ovr, RW TWF, 3.5star, 21years
Bigras, 63ovr, DFD, 3.5star, 21 years

Players:
Hamonic, 81ovr, DFD, 4star, 26years
Despres, 78ovr, TWD, 4star, 25years

I'm looking for a 3rd/2nd line winger (79-82ish) and/or a 2nd/3rd pairing d-man (80-83ish)

Socreges

Banned
1-3 sim. Offense dried up. Looks like Rev has a good chance of securing the all-important Presidents Trophy again. Backstrom+Ovechkin and Seabrook+Johnson. Deadly.

I'm pretty sure there are only two more sims until the trade deadline. Which means that the trade deadline will begin Saturday morning and end Sunday night.

So I haven't even checked up on my team in probably 3-4 days here, can anyone tell me how badly they are doing, for some reason I'm thinking I don't want to know but honestly I'm finding myself caring less and less, thanks.

Socreges

Banned
So I haven't even checked up on my team in probably 3-4 days here, can anyone tell me how badly they are doing, for some reason I'm thinking I don't want to know but honestly I'm finding myself caring less and less, thanks.
You said that the last time your team was struggling, too. Then they rebounded. :p

I think they're doing just as badly as they were 3-4 days ago. Out of the playoffs at this moment, at least.

You said that the last time your team was struggling, too. Then they rebounded. :p

I think they're doing just as badly as they were 3-4 days ago. Out of the playoffs at this moment, at least.

Wooo!!! :/

Oh well, I'll just ride it out and let the Computer do what it can for the rest of the season and then jump back in for the resigning/offseason.

theRizzle

I have been waiting for 3 seasons for this team of 3rd liners to fall apart but somehow we just keep winning.

I haven't even had a player break 70 points in a season yet.

Revenant

1-3 sim. Offense dried up. Looks like Rev has a good chance of securing the all-important Presidents Trophy again. Backstrom+Ovechkin and Seabrook+Johnson. Deadly.

I'm pretty sure there are only two more sims until the trade deadline. Which means that the trade deadline will begin Saturday morning and end Sunday night.

sloth.gif

MacAttack

I have been waiting for 3 seasons for this team of 3rd liners to fall apart but somehow we just keep winning.

I haven't even had a player break 70 points in a season yet.
My team of third liners hit rock bottom this season after four years at or near the top of the Northeast. At least I have a shot at the number one pick.

Smiley90

Smiley don't sim for 5 minutes!

Lol just got on and was gonna sim. I'll sim after you're done then, send me a message on xbox live or post here when you're done or so :p

EDIT: K, saw your edit, that works too.

EDIT2: Also approved the trade.

Top Bottom