• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

theRizzle

I'm going to try and hop on my dad's Xbox to rejoin in a couple hours, so if whoever is commish sees it can you try to add me before the sim so I can check out the FA situation on my phone?

Socreges

Banned
I'm going to try and hop on my dad's Xbox to rejoin in a couple hours, so if whoever is commish sees it can you try to add me before the sim so I can check out the FA situation on my phone?
I'm trying to get Spectre to add you and Random, but I don't know when he'll next check his email. I'll post here when he replies.

BTW you need to send a join request. We can't just add people. Only accept them. But maybe that's what you meant.

theRizzle

Ya, that's what I meant. Unfortunately didn't get a chance to visit Pops so the CPU will have to handle it until I get back.

Don't fuck this up Burkie.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'm on a layover in Toronto now, back tonight before Spectre sims (I hope, if this snow storm doesn't mess with my flight), so I can take back regular GM duties after that!

EDIT: holy shit BOTH my two super-rookies went up.

Lofthouse, 21y old 3.5 C: 65-76-79
JESUS Street, 21y old 3.5 LW: 69-75-78

Somewhat makes up for everyone else getting fucked over by growth.

Nice to see that Jelly signed for the 5.1 for 2 years.

Also, once again I have a ton of goalies so I'm up for trading a couple of them (looking more towards getting rid of Jones and Hutchinson but I am willing to look at offers for Grebeshkov and Mrazek though Mrazek will cost more).

So throw some offers my way and I'll see what's up, would mostly be looking for prospects (forward or D) or a strong 3rd or 4th line wingers.

Smiley90

Philly AI was at the cap, didn't budget for his contract.

Glad to have you back, Smiley. Been kinda weird with Spectre being banned.

Oooh he was Philly, k. Yeah his raise must be pretty big. Wish I could swallow that contract... :/

Socreges

Banned
Rand0m, you're back in

I'll post my trade block after this first round of signings. Got some great young players (eg, Connolly, Flaake) on great contracts that can't fit on this team, regardless of who signs with me.

Smiley90

I'm way too tired to go online still, just put in some random offers ftom my app and will see what's leftover after the first FA day tmrw to round out my team lol.

Smiley90

I hope noone blames me if the sim of the 31st happens later/in the morning, depending on how much drinking happens on the 31st...........

Cake Boss

Banned
Picked up Voracek, Pierre Marc Bonus hard and DaAgostini ( I don't remember giving him an offer) plus some prospects.

I got an 80OVR back up goalie for cheap if someone can't get a goalie in free agency.

Cake Boss

Banned
iOMKDq4Ihxr9A.jpg

Picked up a 20 year old prospect with a 10 year NHL career....sweeet.

I got Nyquist :)

8.335 million cap hit

And I got Missiaen for goalie, 84 overall age 26 3.5* yellow, had to give up my first, second and third rounder though

Visentin and Richardson are now expendable if someone wants goalie prospects

MacAttack

Damn ai signed lucic to 7mil per year for 4 years and left me with a 72 overall goalie, and made a lot of stupid overpriced signings.
I'll take Lucic off your hands and give you Wideman's expiring $7 mil contract to match salaries and throw in some draft pick(s). Wideman is still an 83 OVR and probably a decent bottom pairing upgrade for you.

Did Lucic's OVR go down?

I'll take Lucic off your hands and give you Wideman's expiring $7 mil salary to match salaries and throw in some draft pick(s). Wideman is still an 83 OVR and probably a decent bottom pairing upgrade for you.

Did Lucic's OVR go down?

i didnt want to take on 7mil. was planning on free agency

Cake Boss

Banned
There is still some pretty good free agents left, too bad I am at max contracts and max cap.

WTF at Van getting both Schwartz and Hertl.

Smiley90

I got Hanzul! The 4.5star 80ovr prospect goalie that was for some reason available. Sweeeeeeet, first time a good prospect actually signed with me lol. Also got Dubnyk for a year as a backup... Now I have three 80+ goalies, gonna figure out later what to do with that.

Also got Hamhuis. He wanted 6 years as a 33 year old, but signed him for 3@8. Pretty successful... Now to see if I can fit all the contracts somehow. I'll post my trading block later, but should have a couple good pieces available. Mostly I'll probably be looking to replace my young, good players with older, cheaper players+.

I'm open for offers on almost any players, more so toward my offensive depth guys, a few high 70's players signed to 1 mil contracts, much cheaper than what you would get on the FA. I also have a ton of goalies that need to be moved. Looking for picks or defensive prospects. Of course all players are open depending on the right price. Shoot me offers. :D

Socreges

Banned
Looking to bundle two or more of the following players in exchange for a defenseman. Ideally 85+ DFD/TWD.

Code:
            TYPE   OVR   CAP  YRS END  AGE  [STARS]

[b]Flaake[/b]     RW/PLY  81  $2.405  3  UFA  26   [3 yellow]
[b]Connolly[/b]   RW/SNP  79  $1.365  1  RFA  24   [4 yellow]
[b]Rodin[/b]      LW/TWF  78  $1.545  2  UFA  25   [3.5 yellow]

[b]Klimchuk[/b]   C/PLY   66  $0.925  2  RFA  21   [4 yellow]
[b]Pouliot[/b]    OFD     67  $0.635  2  RFA  22   [4 yellow]
[b]Methot[/b]     LW/PLY  65  $0.655  3  RFA  22   [3.5 yellow]
[B]Corrado[/b]    TWD     69  $0.550  2  RFA  23   [3 yellow]

All picks: 1st, 2nd, etc
Flaake is a stud. 60 points, +10 in 68 games last season despite only being a 79 ovr and playing on the 3rd line. 81 now with 97 passing, 94 puck control, 94 off. awareness. Would keep him but I've got Tochkin who's very similar.

Connolly is due for a big gain. I think. Kreider went from 79 to 87 during the offseason after turning 25. So I think it's time Connolly filled his potential. Though then I won't be able to afford him.

Rodin is virtually the same as Ranford (LW/TWF/78/24 yo). No point in keeping both.

WTF at Van getting both Schwartz and Hertl.
More importantly, Canucks got elite defenseman and son of Uwe, Bjorn Krupp. Def awareness = 92. (no one else bid on him)

Also real pleased I got Coyle. My 4th line is now all young TWFs with strong defense. Shame I can't somehow set that as my shutdown line.

I think Cake, Soc, and I were the only ones that went for the young unsigned rookies on the FA list. Got a few 3.5 RW who look promising and I think one good looking D.

Smiley90

I think Cake, Soc, and I were the only ones that went for the young unsigned rookies on the FA list. Got a few 3.5 RW who look promising and I think one good looking D.

:( I was hoping there weren't any, had no energy to go online, and the app only shows the high-overall players, can't list by potential unfortunately.

Oh well, I'm happy I got Hanzal.

Cake Boss

Banned
So many 3 star prospects left, they are very underrated, had a couple of 2.5/3 stars play for me on the 4th line and bottom pairing that did well.

Last season had 76OVR 2.5 star dman put up 20 points and +12 in 60 games. You got to look at their current attributes and not just their overall, sometimes you see them have insane shooting/offense attributes but weak on other not as important attributes like the agressivness, faceoffs etc that put their overall way down.

Delryk

Very weak FA.. got some young 80 ovr D for a 2nd but thats it..

nothing worth spending for.. If anybody is looking to save some salary i might he avaible (i have about 16mil in cap lweft) but nothing under 80ovr and im not going to overpay... All my young guys are a year or two away to step up...

Id be interested to give away my 1st for a good goalie tho..

Very weak FA.. got some young 80 ovr D for a 2nd but thats it..

nothing worth spending for.. If anybody is looking to save some salary i might he avaible (i have about 16mil in cap lweft) but nothing under 80ovr and im not going to overpay... All my young guys are a year or two away to step up...

Id be interested to give away my 1st for a good goalie tho..

Weak FA? How many times has an mid-20's 88 overall been available as a UFA?

Socreges

Banned
Considering a trade offer to a CPU team. Would like to have it vetted here first.

To VAN:

(D) Hedman (85 ovr, 25 y.o., 4.5 star yellow, $5.695 x 4 yrs)

To PHI:

(RW) Boedker (84 ovr, 26 y.o., 4 star yellow, $1.9 x 1 yr)
(LW) Schwartz (77 ovr, 24 y.o., 4 star yellow $0.925 x 1 yr)
(D) Pouliot (67 ovr, 22 yo, 4 star yellow)

Philly is right at the cap and needs relief (they've only got $0.405). They are loaded with dmen (7 @ >80, 9 >78) including Rundblad @ 87 ovr, but have only two good wingers (Booth and Stewart, who are not even all that good) and only one upcoming prospect (Bourque).

Boedker is a great 2nd line forward and has one year of development left.
Schwartz is also going to be a 2nd line forward, I would guess, given that all of my 4 star prospects have made it that far (or better).

FWIW, the trade value bar is well in favour of Philly here. And both players are 'green'.

Thoughts?

[edit] If anyone is interested in Boedker/Schwartz or another winger of mine, and has a comparable dman to trade, let me know. Would like to trade with a 'human' if that's an option. Have tried in previous seasons with no success.

Top Bottom