• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Revenant

Hes gonna ask for 15 mil

8nJX8.gif

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Didn't go through, dude.

what? It didn't? oooh maybe someone (Swance?) made too many trades and accidentally put themselves over the player limit. I had no way of seeing that, nor a way of knowing if that happened. But it's happened before.

Socreges

Banned
Another one of my players disappeared! Bjorn Krupp this time. Dude had defensive stats in the 90s...

Something is going wrong with my players when the AI is sending them down, I think. Dunno how else to explain it.

Swance

Neo Member
what? It didn't? oooh maybe someone (Swance?) made too many trades and accidentally put themselves over the player limit. I had no way of seeing that, nor a way of knowing if that happened. But it's happened before.

I was not involved in that trade.

Smiley90

I was not involved in that trade.

Ah damnit, right, I just thought of you because you were involved in multiple trades.

Mmhmmm. I didn't decline any of the trades (apart from Crazed's)... I know the Ottawa/Phoenix traded DID have different numbers of players on both sides. Check your contracts, Random/Cakeboss? Honestly can't think of another reason why it was declined. Cap seemed fine, and I think both of you only did this one trade too... Weird.

Socreges

Banned
If anyone sees Bjorn Krupp or Anton Lander, please tell them to return to Vancouver.

I'm listing Revenant as the #1 suspect meanwhile. There is precedent.

Socreges

Banned
They're not showing up anywhere. It's as if they've been deleted from the league. They don't even show up under Season Stats, despite being there before.

Smiley90

I'm just surprised the system itself didn't decline the trade before giving it to me. I thought this problem only came up where someone does 2 trades, both of which individually are fine, but together there is an issue. I thought if the trade itself was bad, the system wouldn't even let you do it. Guess I was wrong...

And if I knew players couldn't retire mid-season that would've been my bet (for Soc), but they only retire at the end, so I'm clueless there. Waivers are off indeed, and I sure didn't turn them back on. Also, there'd be a message if that was what happened.

EDIT: Google says we're not the only ones: http://answers.ea.com/t5/NHL-13/GM-Connected-Players-Disappearing-after-trade/td-p/81096

Socreges

Banned
So now I'm definitely sure it's related to the trades I've done. Must be some kind of glitch when the AI is moving players around.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I wonder if it has anything to do with us being in the 5th season.

Hopefully they're just isolated incidents for my team.

Oh and seeing as how they were both 25 years old and still developing, I doubt they've retired.

Smiley90

So now I'm definitely sure it's related to the trades I've done. Must be some kind of glitch when the AI is moving players around.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I wonder if it has anything to do with us being in the 5th season.

Hopefully they're just isolated incidents for my team.

Now I'm wondering if that's happened to others/me before too, and we/I just never noticed lol...

Cake Boss

Banned
What is this shit?

I was having second thoughts about the trade anyways, trading my best dman when my defense is shit for reason this season, and now Girardi is out.

Smiley90

What is this shit?

I was having second thoughts about the trade anyways, trading my best dman when my defense is shit for reason this season, and now Girardi is out.

Did you have enough roster space? You would have received 2 more players than giving, how many players do you have signed atm?

Smiley90

I accepted all the trades except Crazed's, that much I can guarantee... Weird shit happening.

Smiley90

Gonna go ahead and sim now

EDIT: sim done

Seguin out 22 games, it wouldn;t be a Seguin-season without him being out long-term. -sigh-

I now have 9 players with more than 30 points. Dat depth scoring.

2-2 this sim =/
37-21-6 overall

Ovechkin, Datsyuk and Zetterberg are free agents this offseason.....Ovie gonna get PAID

5-1-0 this sim :D
42-22-6 overall, 2nd in the East, 3rd in the NHL

Crap, Bogosian injured.....thats 3 starting D on the shelf now

Heh, top 6 in scoring are 2 hawks, 2 jets, 2 habs

I also have 9 players with 30+ points :p

theRizzle

Not a bad first sim for Carter and the Leafs... 6 points in 7 games. I'll take that all day.

There's no way I'm going to catch MTL, so I guess I'm fighting for 4th place in the last 11 games. Before this sim it was looking possible that our entire division was going to make it in, but the Bruins really dropped the ball on that.

Delryk

4-2-0 this sim...

Oh i have 7 players over 35 pts.

Only 5 players played all the games on my team. And only 2 have over 35 pts.. Lol.

Socreges

Banned
Posting my playoff roster out of (my) interest:

Code:
        LW                        C                       RW
Z. Parise (PLY, 90)       J. Spezza (C, 87)       P. Kessel (SNP, 88)
C. Kreider (PWF, 87)      J. Staal (TWF, 85)      J. Flaake (PLY, 81)
N. Filatov (SNP, 82)      R. Johansen (PLY, 80)   K. Tochkin (PLY, 80)
A. Rodin (TWF, 78)        C. Coyle (TWF 78)       B. Ranford (TWF, 78)
[A. Friesen (TWF, 77)]

LD                        RD
V. Hedman (DFD, 85)       D. Byfuglien (TWD, 86)
Z. Michalek (DFD, 85)     J. Spurgeon (OFD, 84)
D. Kulikov (TWD, 84)      P. Syvret (TWD, 84)        
[N. Leddy (OFD, 81)]

G
H. Lundqvist (91)
L. Carrozzi (80)
Fail-proof?? I don't think I'll be able to afford a bunch of those guys (Kreider, Michalek, Syvret) during the off-season and the core's getting older, so this might be the end of my window.

Smiley90

Code:
[A. Friesen (TWF, 77)]

[N. Leddy (OFD, 81)]

G
H. Lundqvist (91)
L. Carrozzi (80)
Fail-proof?? I don't think I'll be able to afford a bunch of those guys (Kreider, Michalek, Syvret) during the off-season and the core's getting older, so this might be the end of my window.

You've been due for a cup for several seasons now... Watch Lundqvist get injured for the SCF.

Socreges

Banned
You've been due for a cup for several seasons now... Watch Lundqvist get injured for the SCF.
I put Carrozzi in last sim to give Lundqvist a rest. Might just be superstition, but it worked last season whereas he had been injured the two seasons before (without rest).

Code:
[A. Friesen (TWF, 77)]

[N. Leddy (OFD, 81)]

G
H. Lundqvist (91)
L. Carrozzi (80)

What team?

I think I'm going to bow out guys, I just don't check up on it that much anymore here and my overall interest has has dropped over the last few seasons. So you can remove me for now, don't know if I will be back or not but I guess never say never. Fun times and one SC so I'm happy with that, EA still has some problems they really need to work out and fix the stupid drafting system but other than that I had fun for the time being.

I think I'm going to bow out guys, I just don't check up on it that much anymore here and my overall interest has has dropped over the last few seasons. So you can remove me for now, don't know if I will be back or not but I guess never say never. Fun times and one SC so I'm happy with that, EA still has some problems they really need to work out and fix the stupid drafting system but other than that I had fun for the time being.

Are you the Canadiens? Can I take them over?

Socreges

Banned
2 days before the postseason? You concerned about GM'ing the Wings as they miss the playoffs?

BigJonsson = Canadiens

Team swapping is possible of course, if people are interested. Let's look into that during the offseason.

2 days before the postseason? You concerned about GM'ing the Wings as they miss the playoffs?

BigJonsson = Canadiens

Team swapping is possible of course, if people are interested. Let's look into that during the offseason.

No actually, I wouldn't even consider I did any gm'ing this season either seeing as how I only looked at my team maybe 3 or 4 times. I have a few things coming up the next few days (along with losing interest, etc...) so I figured I might as well head out now since even if they did make the playoffs (which I think is still a possibility), I don't know if I would be checking them or not.

Socreges

Banned
I've been away from Live for the majority of the season. Editing lines doesn't make much difference at this point. The actual work is done in the offseason.

I've been away from Live for the majority of the season. Editing lines doesn't make much difference at this point. The actual work is done in the offseason.

Eh, oh well, I have noticed some differences with the lines and it does have an effect, just not to the point I think most of us would like. Still fun playing with you guys, hoping NHL 14 does fix some problems though, but we will probably have to wait until NHL 15 for that knowing EA.

Smiley90

Gonna go sim now. 2nd last sim before the playoffs!

aaand done, went like 5-2-0, thank god Pavelec is back. Vancouver is all but guaranteed another President's Trophy, I'm 8 points away from 9th... looking decent.

OH FUCK OFF

My goalie is out for 26 games

1-2-3 this sim.....43-24-9 overall

I'll probably fall out of the top 3 in the East next sim

Unless my 80 ranked goalie pulls off a Devan Dubnyk from the first season of this league....

Top Bottom