• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
If my backup goalie gets good enough,I will not be resigning Pavelec... also a big FUCK YOU EA in advance of Seguin has another year of 0 growth. I kinda hope some rookies don't grow too much, or they'll ask for too much money...which I don't have. Hope my first line gets better and Jensen will be able to make the team, rest better not get worse, that's what I hope for at least...

I'll sim either when I get home if yoda posts too or later tonight once the tv is free. Make sure to set the draft priority too :)

Smiley90

aaaand I'm home! Gonna do all the simming now :) gonna take a while! Also lol@Spectre coming back and Soc getting banned right after.

EDIT: Actually, I'll do the development sim and up until the draft right now, and the draft tonight! Just in case some people want to set their priority still. (I think those are seperate sims, at least)

theRizzle

lol swept

gg Kings... the drought continues

Progressions:

B. Schenn 79 - 83 is the biggest I've found so far
Carter 85 - 86 at 32 yrs old
a lot of 1 point risers

Haven't had a chance to look on my Xbox yet, so I have no idea how my RFA's like Rielly have grown, but it's looking like Bobrovsky is plateauing at an 82 so I might be in the market for a goalie.

Smiley90

Aaaand sim is done, right until the draft, which will happen later tonight! Developments are done if you want to check.

CONGRATULATIONS to... the LA Kings! A clean 4-0 sweep over the Leafs! Congratz to Yoda!

Best Scorers in the Playoffs were Carter-TOR-23, and Semin-TOR-17... but that clearly wasn't enough.

Awards:

Stanley Cup: LA Kings
President's Trophy: Vancouver Canucks
Art Ross: H. Shinkaruk (WPG)
Hart Memorial H. Lundqvist (VAN)
James Norris: J. Wisnievski (STL)
Lady Byng: H. Shinkaruk (WPG)
Calder: H. Shinkaruk (ROFL he won it A SECOND YEAR?!? good job EA.)
Conn Smythe: J. Reimer (...haa...LA)
Vezina: H. Lundqvist (VAN)
William M. Jennings: H. Lundqvist (VAN)
Bill Masterton: K. Shattenkirk (TOR)
Frank J. Selke: P. Datsyuk (COL)
Ted Lindsay: H. Lundqvist (VAN)
Maurice Richards: H. Shinkaruk (WPG)

Big Winners here CLEARLY H. Lundqvist and H. Shinkaruk, especially with Shinkaruk winning the CALDER two years in a row ROFL. That's a first.

Smiley90

On the Columbus develpment front...

Seguin stayed *FUCK YOU EA CAME TRUE
Horak stayed :(
Lofthouse stayed (YAY, have to resign him and didn't want him to go up too much)
Chaput went 74-77
Landeskog 84-85 meh
Ennis 81-82
Street 78-80 dat 22 year old
Eberle stayed, despite half-season injury, good good
Jensen 74-79 wohoo look who's making the team next season!
Beaulieu - something crazy like 71-79 shiiiit.

Karlsson 88-89
Hamhuis 87-88 dat top2 pair
Teubert 84-85
Despres 78-81 FINALLY some growth there

I now have 7 D-men 81+, not bad.

Pavelec went 85-86, and Hanzal went 80-84... That's gonna give me some stuff to think about...

Smiley90

I was hoping Shinkaruk could've grabbed a few more awards, but I guess I'll settle for the Art Ross, Rocket Richard, Lady Byng and Calder.

He has two Calders now as the first and probably last hockey player in history, be happy with that.

Lets see here....

Bogosian back up to an 86
O'Reilly up to an 83
Gallagher up to an 82
Westin up to an 80
Tinordi up to 81
Missiaen up to an 86.......now if only he can stay healthy

Geeze, my AHL development team sucks ass lol

Holy shit, only have 36 million dollars committed in salary for next season...........most of my team are free agents haha

theRizzle

Rielly up to a 77 from 73, which means he will probably end up spending the whole season on the big club... assuming the injury frequency stays as-is.

Brandon Pirri is turning out to be quite the player for me, so thanks to whomever it was I offersheeted a few seasons ago.

I think this season has been my best overall for player growth. But this is my second time losing in the finals, so something is going to have to change.

Cake Boss

Banned
Voracek goes from 83 to 84, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Stone only to 79 from 77
Gardiner and Ellis stay the same
Puempel from 74-79
Culek OUTA OF FUCKING NO WHERE 70-79
THIERIU 77-79
Yogan 76-78
Leivo and Kramer from 74-77

CUNT ASS BARKOV STUCK AT 67 WTFUUUUCCKKK

Smiley90

Simming Draft up until Resigning stage now! The next 3 days&sims will be resigning :)

Smiley90

41 Million dollars in cap space.....

how... I have 12.7. :( Released Pavelec to free agency, couldn't pay his 86overall ass, giving the chance to my 84overall rookie goalie. Also FINALLY bought out Brule's crappy contract.

Smiley90

I'll be looking to ship away some major talent in the offseason... I have too many 22 year old 79's, I can't play them all. I'll make a trading block once the resigning stage is done... but pretty much, I have Hamonic and Despres (81 4star yellow D-men) and a shitton of 3.5/4star yellow forwards in the 79/21-24 year old range available, which I'll be looking to trade for older, higher-overall pieces.

I'm thinking players like

Street - 22 - 80vr -3.5star
Jensen - 24 - 79ovr - 4star
Beaulieu - 21 (!) - 79ovr - 3.5star
Clifford - 26 - 79ovr - 3.5star
Lofthouse - 22 - 79ovr - 3.5star
Chaput - 25 - 77ovr - 3star

or a year or two away from the NHL

Cousins - 23 - 74ovr - 3.5star

or Stephenson, Koalska, Gleason, Wakabayashi, Lefebvre who are all mid-60's, 21/22 years old and 3.5/4star forwards...

I'm thinking of moving Skinner, 86ovr, 4.5 Yellow, 25yrs, $6.1mio with 2 years left.

Looking for young 4star+ prospects that can already play in the NHL.

Cake Boss

Banned
I need to move salary, I can't have guys making 3-4M on the bottom 6, while I have rookies finally ready to make the jump.

Looking to package guys for just one player or too.

Callahan
Vanek
Palmieri
And I will add my only 4 star prospect (puempel)
I also have an extra 3.5 star dman and goalie that have no space for.

The retirement has already passed right? because Gionta is still on the roster.

Smiley90

Or he could just make the AI trade... Also it's probably easier if you leave&rejoin the league yourself, since I can only kick, but not invite people. Just go to league members and click on yourself there, i think that's how it works.

Smiley90

I'll go sim the first resigning day soon, then I'll send out some PM's to those that haven't resigned anyone

Delryk

Cant believe Huberdeau didnt go up OVR..
finally Reinhart went up to 77.. I think he was 69 before.. But hes like 23 now.. Late bloomer much!

Smiley90

Time for the second resigning sim! One last day left after this sim :)

EDIT: aaand done

Why are mid-70's RFAs asking for 8 year one way contracts lol

Why are all my RFAs asking for one way contracts, they all suck ass, must be a last day of re-signing thing?

Players with 60 ratings should never be asking for a one way deal

Smiley90

Why are mid-70's RFAs asking for 8 year one way contracts lol

Why are all my RFAs asking for one way contracts, they all suck ass, must be a last day of re-signing thing?

Players with 60 ratings should never be asking for a one way deal

mhmmmm Spectre and I have made similar "weird" observation. E.g. giving the players exactly what they wanted, then they suddenly change their demands. e.g. my 78 overall initially asked for 1 year on a 2way, now he's asking for 5 years on a 1way. Similarly, before Peckham had asked for 5.8 for 5 years, now he's asking for 4.9 for 8 years... (never mind you, 8 years before he had asked for WAY more than that).

I don't really know what's happening, to be honest. I'll see what happens to their demands after tomorrow's sim, if they normalize again I might have to add an extra resigning day, since this is a bit odd, admittedly. Other people please report too if you've made similar observations of sudden changes in demands/weird demands.

theRizzle

Got all my prospects signed, but I am still not sure what to do about Semin and Berglund.

Also Bobrovsky is done as a Leaf it looks like (good riddance) since he is not accepting any offers.

mhmmmm Spectre and I have made similar "weird" observation. E.g. giving the players exactly what they wanted, then they suddenly change their demands. e.g. my 78 overall initially asked for 1 year on a 2way, now he's asking for 5 years on a 1way. Similarly, before Peckham had asked for 5.8 for 5 years, now he's asking for 4.9 for 8 years... (never mind you, 8 years before he had asked for WAY more than that).

I don't really know what's happening, to be honest. I'll see what happens to their demands after tomorrow's sim, if they normalize again I might have to add an extra resigning day, since this is a bit odd, admittedly. Other people please report too if you've made similar observations of sudden changes in demands/weird demands.

3* prospects asking for an 8 year 1 way deal, something is definitely fishy

Top Bottom