• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
If I attempted to trade for Stamkos, what do you guys think I would need to get up? Just want to get my feelers out.

Stamkos is 92ovr, 27years, 4.5star white

I'd give up for sure something like

Seguin (25, 84ovr, 4.5star yellow)
Prospect (e.g. Jensen, 79ovr, 23, 4star yellow)
Hamonic (25, 81ovr, 4star yellow)

? Just looking for input. If you guys consider that Stamkos would be untradeable at any rate, then I won't pursue it any more.

If I attempted to trade for Stamkos, what do you guys think I would need to get up? Just want to get my feelers out.

Stamkos is 92ovr, 27years, 4.5star white

I'd give up for sure something like

Seguin (25, 84ovr, 4.5star yellow)
Prospect (e.g. Jensen, 79ovr, 23, 4star yellow)
Hamonic (25, 81ovr, 4star yellow)

? Just looking for input. If you guys consider that Stamkos would be untradeable at any rate, then I won't pursue it any more.

It all depends. If he was on my team he would be untradeable unless I have a suitable replacements. Sort of the situation with me and my centres

Smiley90

It all depends. If he was on my team he would be untradeable unless I have a suitable replacements. Sort of the situation with me and my centres

To be fair, Seguin is still a 4.5star yellow and also a Center, so he'd be somewhat worse than Stamkos, which I'm willing to make up for in more prospects/NHL-ready players that can still grow. They also have Eric Staal, who's an 87 overall center.

To be fair, Seguin is still a 4.5star yellow and also a Center, so he'd be somewhat worse than Stamkos, which I'm willing to make up for in more prospects/NHL-ready players that can still grow. They also have Eric Staal, who's an 87 overall center.

As long as the deal is fair, I'm cool with any trade

Smiley90

Gonna go sim now.

EDIT: Done.

Also, if not Stamkos, how would you guys feel if I tried to trade for Staal instead? 87 overall and they DO have Stamkos as a center too....

Winnipeg Jets

Code:
        LW                        C                       RW
H. Shinkaruk (PLY, 95)       J. Toews (PLY, 91)        J. Skinner (SNP, 86)
E. Wellwood (TWF, 83)     M. Scheifele (PLY, 82)       T. Oshie (TWF, 84)
T. Kennedy (TWF, 79)      M. Latta (GRN, 81)     M. Reinhart (TWF, 80)
N. Longpre (PLY, 79)  I. Telegin (SNP, 78)      J. Flaake (PLY, 79)

LD                        RD
J. Petry (TWF, 86)       O. Ekman-Larsson (OFD, 86)
C. Fowler (OFD, 84)     S. Carrier (OFD, 82)
B. McNabb (TWD, 81)        C. Summers (DFD, 80)                

G
S. Bobrovsky (82)
F. Pettersson (80)

Smiley90

CPU offered me a 1st, 2nd and one D 3 Star prospect straight up for 88 rated 35 yr old Nick Kronwall which I accepted. Judge me.

I'm... actually okay with that. an 88 ovr is still incredibly useful for a cup run even when he's old, and all that for effectively a 1st round pick? The other way around I would've said no, but this way around... I'd say it's not too bad. Need more input from you guys.

MacAttack

No I removed both CCF and mibupe... I have no idea why the AI isnt resigning or signing anyone there oO
Dallas looks to be in alright shape but have yet to sign a goalie. Mibupe probably won't be taking back the Sharks if/when he comes back.

CPU offered me a 1st, 2nd and one D 3 Star prospect straight up for 88 rated 35 yr old Nick Kronwall which I accepted. Judge me.
If I had the cap space I would trade you a couple picks and a prospect for Kronwall.

Smiley90

I'll go sim now. I'll accept the trade if the team that offered it is not in rebuild (like SJ or so), because for those teams it'd make no sense to give up draft picks for an old player. This is after consultation with Soc!

Today is the last day of resigning, next sim will be games, so after tonight's sim you'll be able to set your lines!

EDIT: It's the Rangers, so that's fine.

Swance

Neo Member
Does anyone wanna make me an offer for Evgeni MALKIN, Mike GREEN and/or Jason POMINVILLE? Trying to get some cap space.

Delryk

Might have the youngest 1st line...

Huberdeau(86ovr, 24yo)
Nugent-Hopkins(86ovr, 24yo)
Delmas (86ovr, 22yo)

Could be sick in a couple years if not now. We will see.

Socreges

Banned
Man, a 1st AND 3rd for Nick Leddy? Enjoy THAT Soc.

Oh well, I need another D BADLY and hopefully he'll still improve a little.
Leddy has been great. Actually won the Norris one season (back when he was 85 ovr). But once I realized that he was asking for enough to get me a 1st/3rd on an offer sheet, it was an easy decision. I've already got too much money tied up in dmen and Beaulieu coming up as a future Top4 OFD (hopefully).

Getting a 1st/3rd for Carrier (3 star, 77 ovr last season when I signed him) was nice, too.

2017/18 Vancouver Canucks

Code:
Z. Parise (PLY, 88)       J. Spezza (C, 87)       P. Kessel (SNP, 87)
C. Kreider (PWF, 87)      J. Staal (TWF, 85)      C. Coyle (TWF, 83)
N. Filatov (SNP, 82)      R. Johansen (PLY, 80)   K. Tochkin (PLY, 80)
A. Rodin (TWF, 79)        A. Lander (TWF 79)      B. Ranford (TWF, 79)
[A. Friesen (TWF, 77), G. Ross (GRN, 77)]

V. Hedman (DFD, 86)       D. Byfuglien (TWD, 87)
D. Kulikov (TWD, 84)      J. Spurgeon (OFD, 84)
N. Beaulieu (OFD, 80)     E. Blidstrand (DFD, 79)    

G
H. Lundqvist (90)
A. Ilhati (78)

Cake Boss

Banned
I think my window has closed, my top 6 is shit compared to last seasons, I am too close to the cap to pick up a top 6 free agent until next season.

The only thing that would be improved this season is the depth, bunch of 79OVR guys when guys go down.

Smiley90

I was hoping to upgrade Seguin to sth better, but alas that's not happening... no Cap space to do a pure prospect-Malkin/awesome player trade and can't find another suitab;e trade... oh well. Really happy with the rest of my team and my defense especially though. Also have more young guys, Beaulieu is only 21, and Jensen, Street and Lofthouse are all also 22-24 years old only. My goalie is also 22 lol.

2017/18 Columbus Blue Jackets

Code:
G. Landeskog (PWF, 85)     T. Seguin (PLY, 84)        J. Eberle(SNP, 88)
T. Ennis (SNP, 82)         A. Anisimov (PLY, 84)      R. Horak (SNP, 83)
T. Galiardi (TWF, 82)      A. Vermette (TWF, 82)      A. Burrows (TWF, 81)
J. Street (PLY, 80)        T. Lofthouse (PLY, 79)     N. Jensen (SNP, 79)
[K. Clifford (GRN, 79), S. Beaulieu (SNP, 79)]

D. Hamhuis (TWD, 88)       E. Karlsson (OFD, 89)
C. Teubert (DFD, 85)       I. White  (TWD, 85)
T. Hamonic (DFD, 81)       J. Moore (OFD, 82)  
[S. Despres (TWD, 81)]  

G
R. Hanzus (84)
F. Andersen (80)

Socreges

Banned
LANDER CAME HOME

8475165.jpg

Was kind of surreal seeing that face pop up in the free agents. Still have no idea why he disappeared. Strangely enough he still went from 78 to 79.

Krupp and Boland returned, too. Krupp declined so I wouldn't have resigned him anyway, but Boland is a 4-star prospect (albeit a bad one) who had 2 years left. Would've liked to have kept him, but I was much happier to get Lander back. He fits into my roster perfectly.

Socreges

Banned
I think my window has closed, my top 6 is shit compared to last seasons, I am too close to the cap to pick up a top 6 free agent until next season.

The only thing that would be improved this season is the depth, bunch of 79OVR guys when guys go down.
I thought my window was going to close, but Kreider was cheaper than I expected and Coyle went 78-83 to fill the vacant 2nd line RW spot. Unfortunately Parise dropped from 90 to 88 so he's a little less awesome. But my 1st line has never produced like it should have anyhow. Very good defensive forwards and goaltending will continue to be my strength, I think.

If things don't go my way, though, I'll be putting Parise, Byfuglien and Spezza on the block very quickly.

I need to do a retool. Too many salaries. My team has done well and won a cup but I could get into serious problems if I don't manage properly

I'm hoping for a decent draft class. Got two first round picks and three second round picks...

As for trades, I'm pretty desperate for help at right wing and have a lot of cap room so take a look.

Smiley90

For some odd reason, my internet keeps timing out every 5mins all evening, and since a simming period takes longer than that and disconnects me in the meantime everytime, I can't complete it... I've tried restarting everything, but it doesn't work. I'll just sim 2 periods tomorrow if that's okay, since the first period is always much shorter anyway (only 3 or 4 games). If you guys don't want me to do that, let me know, sorry about that...

For some odd reason, my internet keeps timing out every 5mins all evening, and since a simming period takes longer than that and disconnects me in the meantime everytime, I can't complete it... I've tried restarting everything, but it doesn't work. I'll just sim 2 periods tomorrow if that's okay, since the first period is always much shorter anyway (only 3 or 4 games). If you guys don't want me to do that, let me know, sorry about that...

sim when you wake up and then sim at night?

Socreges

Banned
Or just make me commish until it's resolved?

Not a big deal to me either way.

Socreges

Banned
Still says it's simming. Wonder if it's glitching.

Spectre, any idea what's going on?

[edit] Whelp, 30 min later and it's still simming. Hopefully isn't corrupt.

Smiley90

Still says it's simming. Wonder if it's glitching.

Spectre, any idea what's going on?

[edit] Whelp, 30 min later and it's still simming. Hopefully isn't corrupt.

That is... odd. I was always able to go back without problems after it had kicked me out, so I think as soon as Spectre logs in tomorrow morning it should be fine.

Or make me commish since my internet is solid and I always have access to TV :p

or that :p

Delryk

not sure how i went from 20mil cap left to -2mil by signing only 10.7mil.. and 3 .925 mil contracts... lol good job EA.

.. And then i dont do anything for a 2nd sim and im back at 10mil of free cap. Fuck you EA.. I could have signed more!

Lol

Smiley90

.. And then i dont do anything for a 2nd sim and im back at 10mil of free cap. Fuck you EA.. I could have signed more!

Lol

The CPU probably put some 1way contracts in the minors, that's why you suddenly have more space? Check for that ;)

Cake Boss

Banned
1 fucking Sim and already 3 injuries right off the bat. Basically 2/3 of my top line my 3rd line winger

Michalek, Voracek, Puempel.

theRizzle

Anyone looking to trade a high salary, have a look at my team and let me know. I could use another top F or D.

Edit: Looks like I don't have as much salary as I though 'cause the computer buried Hodgson in the AHL for my first 4 games, even though I easily had the cap to cover his salary. Weird.

Socreges

Banned
Looks like my 4th line (all TWF with good defense) and bottom pairing (OFD/DFD with good defense) got shelled. Lundqvist with a terrible sv%/GAA and Ilhati (backup, 78 ovr) relieved him in one game and ended up winning.

Weird sim.

Hello, looking to join in on the fun! This will be my first GM Connected Sim League, so I don't know much about it. XBL name is TWO time GRIME.

Top Bottom