• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Gonna do a rebuild. Lucic, gaborik, and duchene up. So is burns
Want prospects, young players, draft picks or a starting goalie. Will go into specifics if anyone is interested.

Delryk

mhmmmm Spectre and I have made similar "weird" observation. E.g. giving the players exactly what they wanted, then they suddenly change their demands. e.g. my 78 overall initially asked for 1 year on a 2way, now he's asking for 5 years on a 1way. Similarly, before Peckham had asked for 5.8 for 5 years, now he's asking for 4.9 for 8 years... (never mind you, 8 years before he had asked for WAY more than that).

I don't really know what's happening, to be honest. I'll see what happens to their demands after tomorrow's sim, if they normalize again I might have to add an extra resigning day, since this is a bit odd, admittedly. Other people please report too if you've made similar observations of sudden changes in demands/weird demands.

Stop trying to be a cheap bum and they wont demand higher amounts.

if one asks 1y 2mil and u tried 1yr 1mil and it got denied, their demands will be higher(on average). Lol.. Atleast thats what ive seen during the 5 seasons.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Gonna do a rebuild. Lucic, gaborik, and duchene up. So is burns
Want prospects, young players, draft picks or a starting goalie. Will go into specifics if anyone is interested.

Take a look at Columbus, I've got a lot of forward prospects available.

Also Delryk that's not it :p I gave them EXACTLY what they wanted and they declined and changed their demands.

Cake Boss

Banned
lol that's what just happened to me, a 22 year old lvl 72 2.5 star asking for an 8 year deal 1 way deal. I don't think I even low ball him in the 1st offer, I gave him the 2 way contract he asked for in the beginning. Some other motherfuckers are asking for 5-8 year deals as well, we need a lock out here.

Also the cap space numbers are fucked up, I calculated all of my entire 1 way players plus a couple of extra 2 way guys just to be safe and I am no where near the cap as the game tells me it is.

Anyone check the EA forums?

Also, does anyone remember what the cap was last year? I get the feeling it went DOWN this year

Luckily my RFAs that are asking for ridiculous contracts are expendable anyway, I do not need 19 defencemen lol

Smiley90

I think how EA calculates your cap hit is that RFA's and UFA's still have at last part of their cap hit from the season before calculated in, and the number doesn't change until after the sim is done. E.g. I released Pavelec who was signed for 5.5 mio this season and signed 5 guys to minor contracts and my available cap went UP like 3 mios. I am starting to think EA's cap is "available for salary INCREASES and new signings", not just new contracts. That's also why resigning a player might not lower your available cap by a lot if the salary increase wasn't too big.

Might also explain why the "cap available" number is off, if it still has some parts of UFA's cap hits in it.

This is all speculation though, just what I've observed with Pavelec and generally.

resigning players takes so long its irritating

making some tough decisions and look hainsey's back at 77 overall. probably went to play in Europe in his year long (maybe 2) leave of absence

MacAttack

I'm getting the same thing with a couple free agents rejecting the first offer and increasing their demands (length of contract mostly) the second time around.

I missed the first re-signing day, did any one who experienced this try to re-sign those guys and if they rejected a second offer what where their demands today?

Cake Boss

Banned
In the first day they weren't asking for these contracts. One of them was asking for 1.7M for 3 years, I offered 1.5 for 2, he declined and now asking for 5 years for 2M.

What's weird about it is its the rookies and young guys who have barely played any hockey for me that are asking for these stupid deals. I signed Gardiner and Callahan in the 2nd offer where I gave them less than what they were asking for.

Smiley90

Because Soc reminded me:

Make sure to put in Qualifying offers for your RFA's! (Random, e.g.) since today is the last resigning day, if you don't put in qualifying offers for your RFA's they'll be lost to free agency, if they don't accept your contract offer, and that'd suck :)

Just a heads up, nuge wanted a ridiculously stupid contract, so I qualified him for 3 mil. If someone wants him, it'll be 9mil
I also learnt locked mackinnon up for 8 years at 4.5mil (he's 83 overall and bound to be higher by the end)

Rubber Ducky

Neo Member
Just a heads up, nuge wanted a ridiculously stupid contract, so I qualified him for 3 mil. If someone wants him, it'll be 9mil
I also learnt locked mackinnon up for 8 years at 4.5mil (he's 83 overall and bound to be higher by the end)

That seems like a really great price to be paying an 83 OVR, 21-year-old with what I assume is very high potential (but can't check from my phone). Nice job!

What is MacKinnon's potential, anyway?

That seems like a really great price to be paying an 83 OVR, 21-year-old with what I assume is very high potential (but can't check from my phone). Nice job!

What is MacKinnon's potential, anyway?

4.5 stars. im like gonna lock him up before he asks for the moon (like nugent and hodgson before him)

Smiley90

It'll probably be even more than that in free agency, since he'll ask for more in free agency than during resigning ;) So... I'm not sure what compensation is atm at, but it seems like it should be 1st, 2nd and 3rd or so.

Great contract for MacKinnon though, wow.

Smiley90

Oh also, CCF hasn't logged into GAF in 4 days so I think he had sth urgent come up, so I'm dropping him for the short term so the CPU can resign his players and he can rejoin later. I also contact mibupe/SJ, and he said he's too busy atm but he'll rejoin later on too

Smiley90

Sim is done, Free Agency has begun! here's some highlights:

Defensemen:

D. Keith - 90
B. Burns - 86
Z. Michalek - 86

Centers:

R. Nudgent-Hopkins - 86
K. Turris - 85
P. Berglund - 83

Left Wingers:

D. Heatley - 84
J. Neal - 84
T. Vanek - 83

Right Wingers:

M. Havlat - 83
M. Frolik - 83
M. Erat - 82

Goaltenders:

J. Bernier - 86
K. Lehtonen - 86
O. Pavelec - 86

dat FA quality.

theRizzle

Why couldn't this have happened NEXT season? I only have 36 mil committed to my whole team so far for next season!

Made a few offers anyways, but I have completely struck out on the FA front so far. (dat realism)

Smiley90

Why couldn't this have happened NEXT season? I only have 36 mil committed to my whole team so far for next season!

Made a few offers anyways, but I have completely struck out on the FA front so far. (dat realism)

I thought the same thing, until FINALLY last season TWO big FA-players (Hamhuis and a 4.5star goalie prospect) signed with me. Never give up hope! :p

Smiley90

Also, BREAKING NEWS EVERYONE READ PLZ:

Anton Lander is reserved for Soc. He had disappeared off his roster for some random reason (as was mentioned in this thread before) so he couldn't resign him. Please don't put in offers for him :) If the AI signs him, we'll allow him to make a simple trade for him, too... Weird disappearance.

why do people disappear? hainsey disappeared from my roster and i was paying him 4.5mil
bought the bitch out

time to go with another discount goalie. why dont they learn.

funny how upshall reduced his demands after he became a free agent

Smiley90

We don't really know what happened, but he didnt even show up under Soc's contracts anymore... Also, from Soc:

"Last one..... if you could relay this to GAF:

Rodin is on the block (LW/TWF, 79 ovr, 3rdC, 26 yrs old, $1.545 x 1 yr)

Looking for a comparable dman (bottom 6 or depth, cheap) or 2nd rd pick

Thanks"

We don't really know what happened, but he didnt even show up under Soc's contracts anymore... Also:

Last one..... if you could relay this to GAF:

Rodin is on the block (LW/TWF, 79 ovr, 3rdC, 26 yrs old, $1.545 x 1 yr)

Looking for a comparable dman (bottom 6 or depth, cheap) or 2nd rd pick

Thanks
Look at Phoenix

Delryk

Also, BREAKING NEWS EVERYONE READ PLZ:

Anton Lander is reserved for Soc. He had disappeared off his roster for some random reason (as was mentioned in this thread before) so he couldn't resign him. Please don't put in offers for him :) If the AI signs him, we'll allow him to make a simple trade for him, too... Weird disappearance.

Oops saw this after.. Doh. if i do get him ill trade back for crappies. Draft. Or whatever possible. Sorry..

Smiley90

Okay, I'm looking for several positional upgrades. Mainly, a 1st line Center (FU SEGUIN), a 2nd line winger, or... well, that's about it. I'm willing to throw in a good "now" player + prospect for an upgrade. I'm thinking something in the realms of 82ovr + prospect for 85ovr (or so, that's just the idea). I have multiple great prospects, that can both play now (79/80ovr) or in the future (4star prospects that are still coming up). Take a look at Columbus and let me know. I'm also willing to trade Seguin for a positional upgrade, pretty much everyone from my team is available if they can be upgraded. Just list your price.

To make it easier, here's my lineup if I ignore my personal "try not to play rookies on the 4th line" rule:

85-84-88
82-84-83
82-82-81
80-79-79

88-89
85-85
82-81

If you have upgrades over these positions available, hit me up, and I'm willing to trade the current inhabitant of that position + prospects back. E.g. you have an upgrade over Seguin as a 1st line C, I'm willing to trade Seguin+prospect back. Mostly looking to improve 1st line C and 2nd line winger. Not averse to trading my awesome 84ovr, 4.5star goalie prospect if I can get an AWESOME goalie in return.

MacAttack

Huge free agent frenzy for the Bruins. I netted three FA's (Neal, Burns and Semin) for about ~20mil and Im tapped out at the cap.

My problem is I didn't get a goalie but have incredible depth at all other starting positions. Unless I make a trade or do a buyout I'll have to wait until after the first sim to sign a goalie.

As of right now, I'm looking to trade for a goalie.

I'll post my roster soon and then a trade block after.

so nugent got rfa at 10.7mil. missed 4 1st round picks by 300 thousand

i matched gudbranson or whatever his name is
and i just checked and i locked up mackinnon for 4.5 / 8 years

looks like my string of shitty goalie continues.
started with mason, got greedy and got dropped
went with crawford, same story
hiller was next, figured he could break the bank on me and now he is homeless
niemi is my new starter

and mac, hope i didnt make a mistake with burns. i let him go for some reason which i cant seem to remember any more

MacAttack

so nugent got rfa at 10.7mil. missed 4 1st round picks by 300 thousand

i matched gudbranson or whatever his name is
and i just checked and i locked up mackinnon for 4.5 / 8 years

looks like my string of shitty goalie continues.
started with mason, got greedy and got dropped
went with crawford, same story
hiller was next, figured he could break the bank on me and now he is homeless
niemi is my new starter

and mac, hope i didnt make a mistake with burns. i let him go for some reason which i cant seem to remember any more

Burns was asking for a two year deal and I have some other guys up after that same term so it was a good fit. Now he's my top rated D-man and Im looking to trade some of the other guys.

I was going after Niemi, too. Not sure if I ran out of cap space or you gave him a better offer.

MacAttack

2017/2018 Boston Bruins
Code:
        LW                        C                       RW
J. Neal (PWF, 84)       T. Zajac (PLY, 83)        R. Panik (SNP, 83)
D. Perron (PLY, 84)     D. Krejci (PLY, 84)       N. Horton (PWF, 84)
A. Semin (SNP, 82)      M. Backlund (PLY, 82)     M. Grabner (SNP, 82)
J. Schroeder (PLY, 79)  V. Sobotka (TWF, 83)      B. Connolly (SNP, 80)

LD                        RD
T. Brodie (OFD, 85)       B. Burns (TWD, 86)
A. Meszaros (TWD, 85)     A. Larsson (TWD, 83)
Y. Suave (DFD, 82)        D. Hamilton (TWD, 78)                

G
M. Subban (74)

Rookies:
A. Galchenyuk (78)

My 4 1/2 star prospects (Subban, Hamilton and Galchenyuk) are holding back this team from being true contenders.

Probably good enough to compete for the division again (assuming I pick up a goalie) but not good enough to avoid a first or second round playoff exit.

Galchenyuk isn't a rookie, I had him play a bunch of games a couple seasons ago :p

I might have a goalie or two to trade in the next offseason depending if they go up more

Delryk

not sure how i went from 20mil cap left to -2mil by signing only 10.7mil.. and 3 .925 mil contracts... lol good job EA.

theRizzle

If anyone needs short term goalie help, I have Enroth (86) and Harding (80) on the block for cheap. (Like draft pick cheap)

Both are pending UFA's.

Top Bottom