• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Marvie_3

Banned
Navigating the GM Connected menus is a pretty horrible experience. Everything just takes way, way too long to load.
Try having to be the one that has to sim all that stuff.

ibe7Tld4Crme5w.gif

MacAttack

Is there an Android app? Can't find anything. Would be stupid if they've only released it for iOS devices.
It sucks there is no android support and I don't think there are plans for one. I just read about a rumored web version on Operation Sports but nothing official from EA.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
After the initial "storm", servers will hopefully do better. No reason to bow out of a year-long league because there's lag in the first 2 weeks :p

Socreges

Banned
After the initial "storm", servers will hopefully do better. No reason to bow out of a year-long league because there's lag in the first 2 weeks :p
Was just a passing thought. Cycling through rosters is awful. About six seconds for each team to load and, for example, if I want to get from Vancouver to Florida, it would take me about 40 seconds as each team has to load before I can skip to the next.

How long should this sim league take? We sim a couple weeks of games every few days, or am I remembering that incorrectly?

Socreges

Banned
Havlat - Datsyuk - Nash is my top line in sim league. I'm pretty ok with that.

Ovie - Backstrom - Michalek

Johnson - Seabrook

Harding
Wow. Mine in comparison:

Larose - J Staal - Oshie
Schenn - Byfuglien

What kind of makes up for my shitty skaters: Lundqvist.

I want him gone because I want my players to live.
ahahah

Wow. Bernier and Gustavsson are my two goalies

What a fucking shitty back end.
Be shitty for a year and rip it up with an improved Bernier in a season or two. Your team is pretty awesome. Toews, Skinner, Versteeg, Johansen, Landeskog, Ekman-Larsson, Fowler.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm going to be looking for a goalie once trade's open up, might be willing to part with Callahan depending on the goalie, also have a bunch of second pairing D-men I can part with.

Phthisis

Can I make a request that everyone label their trade talk with either VERSUS LEAGUE or SIM LEAGUE. I have no idea who is who, or if your trade talk is even relevant to me :(

Socreges

Banned
SIM LEAGUE

Another Q: how come some teams have spent near the cap (eg, Ottawa, NJD) while most others have only spent about $55m? I think we'll all want to spend to the cap, but there aren't really many good free agents out there.

And seriously, Ottawa is stacked at every position. It's unreal.

MacAttack

In the Versus league:

How long before we sim ahead to the next week? I only have one game vs a player owned team, so Blinding let me know when you want to play.

I don't like being able to trade with the AI controlled teams. What is stopping people from offering draft picks for good players. I know the goal is to keep this going for a while but I'm picturing someone trading draft picks for vets and dominating for a couple seasons and then quitting.

SIM LEAGUE

Another Q: how come some teams have spent near the cap (eg, Ottawa, NJD) while most others have only spent about $55m? I think we'll all want to spend to the cap, but there aren't really many good free agents out there.

I'm guessing this is just a result of the random draw and some teams ending up with more players with higher salaries. With so many teams having a ton of cap space, the price for free agents is going to be inflated big time.

Cake Boss

Banned
SIM LEAGUE

KNEEL BEFORE YOUR GOD PEASENT. Muahahahaha.

But seriously when can we start? I read tomorrow at 1pm superior time?

Smiley90

Can someone in the versus league please tell me who Columbus' best players are? I won't be home for a while and am curious about my team.

Also, wow Ottawa IS stacked. I give them 3 cup-run seasons before everyone is too old.

If cakeboss doesn't win the SC with that team, I think you need to be rewarded with a tag stating how you are a bad GM, wow is that team stacked!

Cake Boss

Banned
I need that star dman. Have Hiller on the block, make your offer bottom feeders. I am looking at you Sef, your goalies are shit and want that Keith.

Socreges

Banned
What are the consequences to finishing in last in the first season, besides the shame aspect? GM Connected doesn't account for ticket sales or anything, correct?

Stop winnin for MacKinnon!

Also can someone explain scouting? Does it not cost resources or anything? Is it just that if you send them to one place, you have no other scouts to send elsewhere? But in the least we should be having our scouts out there at all times?

Smiley90

What are the consequences to finishing in last in the first season, besides the shame aspect? GM Connected doesn't account for ticket sales or anything, correct?

Stop winnin for MacKinnon!

Also can someone explain scouting? Does it not cost resources or anything? Is it just that if you send them to one place, you have no other scouts to send elsewhere? But in the least we should be having our scouts out there at all times?

I think Marvie said there will be severe punishment for losing on purpose (e.g. Making your lines bad on purpose). If you lose because your team just IS bad, then... Well... Shame.

You have one scout that you can send to 1 region scouting for 1 d/forward/goalie. The longer you send them the more accurate their predictions will be. You can see how many players per region there are and their current predictions of when they'll be drafted. You send your scout somewhere where there's rookies that interest you, you leave them there until you're happy enough with their prediction accuracy, then you send them somewhere else.

Socreges

Banned
Oh yeah, I'm not suggesting dirty tactics like that, but real world stuff like trading away vets for prospects. Difference being that IRL you might lose part of your fanbase, but apparently that kind of stuff doesn't factor in here.

SIM LEAGUE - Habs

I may need a goalie, I have Devin Dubnyk.......

And I will not trade Kovy or Gaborik :p

And I have 15 million to spend

Smiley90

Oh yeah, I'm not suggesting dirty tactics like that, but real world stuff like trading away vets for prospects. Difference being that IRL you might lose part of your fanbase, but apparently that kind of stuff doesn't factor in here.

Marvie is here to deal with that (and Red in the versus league). If the trades are completely ridiculous, they can block trades. (e.g. Someone trying to build a team full of 19 year olds)

Marvie_3

Banned
soccerges pls

This is EA. If you're expecting something like that you're going to be extremely disappointed.

theRizzle

SIM LEAGUE:

The Toronto Maple Champs are looking for a starting goalie. Guys I am willing to move: Jack Johnson, Sergei Kostitsyn, Jason Garrison + Picks/Prospects. Would consider Doughty but then we'd be talking about Ward/Price/Rinne et al

VS LEAGUE

Blackhawks are considering offers on Zetttttterberg. Looking for a younger F or D, or a similarly aged/rated D-man.

Also would consider flipping an 80 or lower 2nd line F for a similarly aged/rated D.

PM me here or on XBL (TheRizzle)

6for8

Cycling through rosters is awful. About six seconds for each team to load and, for example, if I want to get from Vancouver to Florida, it would take me about 40 seconds as each team has to load before I can skip to the next.

In the contracts menu, for example, you can accelerate the process if you switch to rookie goalies(lt) then scroll the teams. Teams that don't have a rookie will load quickly.

SIM LEAGUE

Will throw out a couple of small trades. I have 5 dmen in the 80's and could use some RW depth. I think my team might be shit but will wait until midseason to blow it up. Tuukka isn't going to hit his peak for a few years.

Only 12 HUT games in but is the hitting pathetic this year? If I manage an open ice hit I just bounce off. Maybe I just need to get some more games in.

Love the addition of the shootout camera option.

Marvie_3

Banned
Been tinkering with a tentative sim league schedule today:

• Sim 2 weeks per day up until trade deadline
  • Stop 1 day for the trade deadline
  • Sim 2 weeks per day until the playoffs
  • Sim 1st two playoffs rounds on same day
  • Sim Conference Finals
  • Sim Stanley Cup Finals
  • 1 day for pre-draft (pre-rank draft picks, trades, etc)
  • 2 days for re-signing period
  • 3 days for Free Agency
  • New season starts next day

Would put us just a bit under a month per season. What do you guys think?

• Sim Conference Finals
  • Sim Stanley Cup Finals
  • 3 days for Free Agency

I like it, get's us moving and will allow us to get multiple seasons in.

SIM LEAGUE:

The Toronto Maple Champs are looking for a starting goalie. Guys I am willing to move: Jack Johnson, Sergei Kostitsyn, Jason Garrison + Picks/Prospects. Would consider Doughty but then we'd be talking about Ward/Price/Rinne et al
I'd trade you Gustavsson for Garrison.

He's totally a 1b.

Smiley90

• Sim Conference Finals
  • Sim Stanley Cup Finals
  • 3 days for Free Agency

For re-signing, will we get multiple "bids" in even without advancing? I know in be a gm players always need a day to think about offers, and only being able to put in 2 offers efore a player goes UFA isn't optimal, if you wanna get a good contract in.

6for8

sim league schedule

I like it. We need to see those draft picks bloom.

Like Smiley, my only concern would be the resigning of players in the final year of their contract. I would be fine with only getting two bids in. In OOTP if they don't take my second offer, they gone.

I admire your resolution to test a season with this lag. Many thanks.

VS LEAGUE

whats the deal with Free Agents, can we attempt to bid/sign today?

Anyone know how this stuff should work? I'd like to pick up 1-3 just want to make sure I'm working with the framework of the rules...

Marvie_3

Banned
For re-signing, will we get multiple "bids" in even without advancing? I know in be a gm players always need a day to think about offers, and only being able to put in 2 offers efore a player goes UFA isn't optimal, if you wanna get a good contract in.
When I ran my test league, FA worked just like it did offline. You put in a bid and FAs wouldn't decide until the schedule was moved forward. I didn't notice any that stayed on the market after receiving an offer so that's why I figured 3 days of FA would be enough. We can always adjust for future seasons if the need arises.

I like it. We need to see those draft picks bloom.

Like Smiley, my only concern would be the resigning of players in the final year of their contract. I would be fine with only getting two bids in. In OOTP if they don't take my second offer, they gone.

I admire your resolution to test a season with this lag. Many thanks.
As I mentioned before, I didn't notice any UFAs or RFAs stay on the market if they had an offer so this shouldn't be a problem. If an unforeseen issue does come up we'll fix it when we come across it.

VS LEAGUE

whats the deal with Free Agents, can we attempt to bid/sign today?

Anyone know how this stuff should work? I'd like to pick up 1-3 just want to make sure I'm working with the framework of the rules...
Free Agents won't sign until the schedule is moved forward. Same thing with any trades. They'll be accepted but the roster changes won't take effect until the schedule move.

VS LEAGUE

read thru the thread and didn't see any questions or explanations on if we are allowed to trade with CPU teams in the VS LEAGUE?

If it's allowed, are there any rules I need to know about. Seems a bit sketchy if this would be allowed before signups are closed, if they will even be closed at some point.

VS LEAGUE

read thru the thread and didn't see any questions or explanations on if we are allowed to trade with CPU teams in the VS LEAGUE?

If it's allowed, are there any rules I need to know about. Seems a bit sketchy if this would be allowed before signups are closed, if they will even be closed at some point.

Saturday at 1pm EST you can start playing games, trading with anyone, signing free agents etc....

Only rule is any player vs CPU games have to be simmed

Red posted the rules 1 or 2 pages ago, maybe 3

Marvie_3

Banned
VS LEAGUE

Yeah you can but those trades with the CPU will be heavily monitored to make sure they're fair. That way if someone joins late they don't get stuck with a depleted roster.

Smiley90

Are you gonna do the first few days as if it was the offseason? as in, saturday-monday will only be moved 1 day forward each day, as if it was the offseason? or does it already count as beginning of the season and it'll get moved 2 weeks at once? I think at least 1 day should be as offseason, so we can incorporate all the offseason free-agent signings&trades into our lineups before the season actually starts.

Marvie_3

Banned
Are you gonna do the first few days as if it was the offseason? as in, saturday-monday will only be moved 1 day forward each day, as if it was the offseason? or does it already count as beginning of the season and it'll get moved 2 weeks at once? I think at least 1 day should be as offseason, so we can incorporate all the offseason free-agent signings&trades into our lineups before the season actually starts.
There's no way to set the first few sims as the offseason. I could set it to only move 3 days(the lowest possible) but other than that, there's not much I can do.

Top Bottom