• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Hilti92

On the block for the SJ Sharks:
Bernier, Latendresse, Gerbe, Greening, Wellman, Butler, Petry, Scandella, Robak.

Looking for: Defense, a top line RW and TWF. Willing to package as well.

Perfect, wasn't sure if it went through or not. Still showing up in my roster.

I was going to say as you just offered me Pacioretty and a 3rd for Wheeler so I'll just decline that.

Also I'm open for business, I have an abundance of young forwards and D. Looking for a 2nd line C, possibly a top 4 defender, 3rd or 4th line energy player, and a top 6 winger. All players are open for trade on my team including Crosby, but you are going to have to blow the socks off of me if you want him.

Edit: I'm Detroit Sim league.

Hilti92

I was going to say as you just offered me Pacioretty and a 3rd for Wheeler so I'll just decline that.

Also I'm open for business, I have an abundance of young forwards and D. Looking for a 2nd line C, possibly a top 4 defender, 3rd or 4th line energy player, and a top 6 winger. All players are open for trade on my team including Crosby, but you are going to have to blow the socks off of me if you want him.

Edit: I'm Detroit Sim league.

Yeah, sorry :lol Either way, I would have been happy with the return for Pacioretty. Gaf, you will see ;) When does the first day of simming begin?

So I'm guessing free agents will always take who offers them the most money? When do they decide?

I don't believe so, I have another GM Connected running with some other friends and we both put an offer out to a backup goalie, both offers slightly over what he wanted and during the next season advance, he didn't choose either offer. So I sent another offer to him in the next section and once again he didn't sign it, so there must be some other factors they have in place on what team they select. Of course if you throw everything and the kitchen sink at them, I have a feeling they will accept it.

They decide once Marvie sims to the next section of the season.

Yep. Dumping loads of picks on AI teams for star players isn't going to be allowed though. It'd be shitty for someone that joins late to get stuck with a bunch of crumbums on the roster and a bunch of late round picks.

Doesn't seem to work anymore anyways or at least it didn't in NHL 12, now NHL 11, you could dump like 5 7th round picks and pick up players like Crosby, loved it!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Sent in my request for the versus league yesterday, hope red accepts before someone fleeces my team :p

Hopefully this is alright Marvie, but I had a few too many players and was a little too close to the player cap, so I traded some low level players to a few CPU's for 7th round picks (I think I got a 4th out of one), I figured there wouldn't really be any problem with that as I have my eye on a few free agents and needed to clear up some player space.

MacAttack

Hopefully this is alright Marvie, but I had a few too many players and was a little too close to the player cap, so I traded some low level players to a few CPU's for 7th round picks (I think I got a 4th out of one), I figured there wouldn't really be any problem with that as I have my eye on a few free agents and needed to clear up some player space.
Sounds pretty shady.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
In the Versus league:

How long before we sim ahead to the next week? I only have one game vs a player owned team, so Blinding let me know when you want to play.
We're going to have to see how this first schedule goes, and we can change it up after and need be. Since the league isn't full there's going to be times where some people don't have many games to play unfortunately.

I sent in a request to take the Avs in the versus league. My name is UltremeMan. Obviously, I wanted the Habs, but hey, Nordiques will do.
Added you.

Sent in my request for the versus league yesterday, hope red accepts before someone fleeces my team :p
Added you too, I'm going to be checking the league once every afternoon and then once at night for trades and all that stuff, just so you guys know when to expect a trade to go through and what not.

You guys don't need to worry about people fleecing AI teams in trades, that's going to be heavily monitored.

Smiley90

Sounds pretty shady.

Totally shady. Think about it in this way: "if there was a human person on the other side of that trade, would they have accepted a couple crappy players and salaries and given up draft picks"?

That's some NHL 11 tactics right there.

Next you're
Tellig us you "dumped some 3rd round draft picks because you had too many and picked up a 1st"? :p

MacAttack

Totally shady. Think about it in this way: "if there was a human person on the other side of that trade, would they have accepted a couple crappy players and salaries and given up draft picks"?
This is the metric on which all CPU trades should be measured. In this case, Crazed is taking advantage of the cpu.

What happens if we go over the cap? Will the system just not allow us to pick up any pending FA's after we hit the limit?

Marvie_3

Banned
arb pls If you need cap space, work out a trade with one of the 25+ human controlled teams.
Sounds pretty shady.

Totally shady.
Agreed.

This is the metric on which all CPU trades should be measured. In this case, Crazed is taking advantage of the cpu.

What happens if we go over the cap? Will the system just not allow us to pick up any pending FA's after we hit the limit?
You won't be able to offer them contracts if you're over the cap or hit the contract limit.

So anyway knowing if your trade got declined or accepted? Also wheb does the season start.
It won't notify you until the season moves forward. Then it's under the "team transactions" on the main screen.

I'll do the first sim late tonight if that's ok with everybody. Otherwise we can hold off until tomorrow or monday.

Smiley90

The game won't let you go over the cap at all. if your cap remaining is 3.5 Mio the game will only let you allow to offer an FA 3.5 Mio, and if you try to do a trade that would bring you over the cap the game will block that trade right away and tell you.

MacAttack

The game won't let you go over the cap at all. if your cap remaining is 3.5 Mio the game will only let you allow to offer an FA 3.5 Mio, and if you try to do a trade that would bring you over the cap the game will block that trade right away and tell you.
What about in the case where I have 5 mil in cap space and put out offers to two players for 5 mil each on the same day? Which player will take priority?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Just put Callahan and L. Schenn on the trading block, I'm looking for an elite goalie, lots of mid range F's and D men too I can trade. - VS league

Marvie_3

Banned
Also, in the interest of fairness, any trade I offer/am offered will be put here first so everyone can judge if its fair, unless it's something I have zero interest in making like Milly offering me Mike Green for Daniel Sedin. :lol

What about in the case where I have 5 mil in cap space and put out offers to two players for 5 mil each on the same day? Which player will take priority?

Don't quote me on this but I believe its whichever you offered a contract to first.

Smiley90

Also, in the interest of fairness, any trade I offer/am offered will be put here first so everyone can judge if its fair, unless it's something I have zero interest in making like Milly offering me Mike Green for Daniel Sedin. :lol

Don't quote me on this but I believe its whichever you offered a contract to first.

I believe this is it, yes.

Cake Boss

Banned
One last question, I made 2 offers to 2 different teams with the same players, what happens if they both accepts it? Is it whoever accepts it first or whoever I contacted first?

Marvie_3

Banned
One last question, I made 2 offers to 2 different teams with the same players, what happens if they both accepts it? Is it whoever accepts it first or whoever I contacted first?
Pretty sure it's the first deal offered.

While we're on this topic, don't offer trades to people with the same players. If both of them accept then one gets fucked over. It's just a dick move.

MacArthur for Heatley?
I'm not THAT desperate.

Didn't know, you can deny those then, and it isn't cap space it is player limit space.

I have to get used to this since I'm used to making these deals with the computer players and what not in offline mode.

Smiley90

Finally taking a look at my VERSUS team! :D

Skinner? Nyquist? Mueller? Brayden? I like. But Crawford as my goalie :(

Open to trading away some C to get D in return (versus league Columbus)

MacAttack

Maybe we should make a VS thread, this is getting confusing
If we want the versus league to be successful I think this needs to happen. Right now there is very little activity in the versus league and it's difficult to find the few posts about that league between all the sim league stuff.

Socreges

Banned
Ahaha you're gonna be that guy, aren't you

Top Bottom