• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 13 GM Connected Sim League (Xbox 360)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
OHSHIIIIIIT.

Results

Round 2

Western Conference:

LA (2) - Minnesota (8) (2-4)
Phoenix (4) - Columbus (6) (2-4)

Eastern Conference:

Montreal (1) - Tampa (6) (4-3)
Winnipeg (2) - Ottawa (4) (2-4)

Round 3:

Columbus (6) - Minnesota (8)
Montreal (1) - Ottawa (4)

Montreal the only lower seed that won in the second round :lol

I think I know why I won: I had 0 new injuries. wohee me. So that means I got a top6 D-man back, but still have 3 key players out :(

Socreges

Banned
Wow so my Toronto and Winnipeg picks will be pretty decent, and better than my Minnesota pick. Did not expect that

Cheering for Ottawa. Greatest GM needs more good news

Smiley90

Holy shit, Ottawa has 100.00% PK through 2 rounds of the playoffs, WTF PRICE. 0/39 (!!!) They also have a shorthanded goal, so they are actually +1 on the PK LOL.

Ennis keeps doing the right things, 8 goals (4 of which on the PP) through 12 games, also leading the team with 12 points in 12 games. My 4th liner sophomore still 2nd on the team with 9pts, 1st on the team with 8 assists.

Wow, my goalie was out for 3 games, no wonder it was a close series

Bogosian is out 4 (Whats new)
Martinez still out 19 more ugh
Harry Young is back next game

Game 7 went to double OT, holy shit

Its like when I won the cup the first season and Thomas went down and Dubnyk carried my team in the finals

Smiley90

Price's stats: 8-2, 5 (!) shutouts, 0.78 GAA, 0.97 Save%.

Sweet Jesus. Even if Ottawa loses now, he should get MVP anyway, he could put any team through to the Eastern Conference Finals with a performance like that.

Smiley90

Oh and you can sim the next round whenever, my team is set

So is mine, but I'll definitely wait for tomorrow anyway. Gotta give Indigo and Cakeboss enough time. If I see they're both ready tomorrow early too then I'll sim early.

Also, just a reminder, everyone get their draft priority set before the draft!

Soc, Indigo, Rubber, did you figure out what you're gonna do? Rubber, are you gonna take next year's pick instead?

Usually we sim draft & SCF at the same time, but I will check before the draft and see if we can do trades, if we can, I'll make sure to allow for your guys' draft picks to be traded. If we can't, I'll sim it and you guys can trade whoever got drafted in the first round (for 7th picks or sth) as soon as offseason starts and trades reopen.

So is mine, but I'll definitely wait for tomorrow anyway. Gotta give Indigo and Cakeboss enough time. If I see they're both ready tomorrow early too then I'll sim early.

Soc, Indigo, Rubber, did you figure out what you're gonna do? Rubber, are you gonna take next year's pick instead?

Usually we sim draft & SCF at the same time, but I will check before the draft and see if we can do trades, if we can, I'll make sure to allow for your guys' draft picks to be traded. If we can't, I'll sim it and you guys can trade whoever got drafted in the first round (for 7th picks or sth) as soon as offseason starts and trades reopen.

Thanks!

Hopefully they check in tomorrow morning :)

I'm not going to be home Thursday night/Friday during the day

Cake Boss

Banned
Yeah I am ready.

Someone please tell me that the playoffs stats dont actually have an effect on the players contract demands and player development.

Price is going to bleed me dry, contract year. Where was this in the last 5 season huh? Greedy motherfucker.

Puempel killing it 7 points in 6 games. Now if only if Kopitar, Voracek and Callahan get their heads out of their asses then were good to go.

Rubber Ducky

Neo Member
Alright. I've dropped from the league. I should be back to take over the Sabres by the Monday after next.

Just curious. Is there a way to add someone to the league without them having to accept the invite through the Xbox? If so, you guys could add me once the re-signing stage is done and I could do the rest from my phone. Just an idea.

What is the schedule for the offseason, by the way?

OHSHIIIIIIT.

Results

Round 2

Western Conference:

LA (2) - Minnesota (8) (2-4)
Phoenix (4) - Columbus (6) (2-4)

Eastern Conference:

Montreal (1) - Tampa (6) (4-3)
Winnipeg (2) - Ottawa (4) (2-4)

Round 3:

Columbus (6) - Minnesota (8)
Montreal (1) - Ottawa (4)

Montreal the only lower seed that won in the second round :lol

I think I know why I won: I had 0 new injuries. wohee me. So that means I got a top6 D-man back, but still have 3 key players out :(

Hooly fuck you're telling me I'm on my way to WC Finals? WHAT. Underdogs matchup, this is something.

And yes Smiley, Rubber will get my 2019 1st round pick. I'm going to check on some things right now in NHL13 and then I should be ready to sim.

Rubber Ducky

Neo Member

Oops. I didn't see this post.

Yeah. As Indigo said, Soc gets the 2018, I get the 2019. I'm not going to be around at the time of the draft, so I'm just going to send whoever is selected with the 2018 1st rounder to Soc for a 7th rounder.

Smiley90

Alright, I'll sim once I manage to roll out of bed. Yes I know it's noon, don't judge me, it's reading break. Expect a sim in the next... 30mins? :D

Smiley90

I WIIIN I WIIIIIN. Now up against fucking Price, this is not going to end well :lol

Ottawa still with a 1.06 GAA in the playoffs, hell, there's no way I'm gonna beat that. Kinda funny, the highest GFPG (3.06) is up against the lowest GAPG (1.06)

Results:

Columbus (6) - Minnesota (8) (4-0) SWEEEEEEP
Montreal (1) - Ottawa (4) (1-4)

STANLEY CUP FINAL

Columbus - Ottawa

SWEEEEP SWEEEEEEEEP. I won the first game 8-3 LOL. Brutal. 8-3, 2-1, 5-2 and 2-1.

I WIIIN I WIIIIIN. Now up against fucking Price, this is not going to end well :lol

Ottawa still with a 1.06 GAA in the playoffs, hell, there's no way I'm gonna beat that. Kinda funny, the highest GFPG (3.06) is up against the lowest GAPG (1.06)

Results:

Columbus (6) - Minnesota (8) (4-0) SWEEEEEEP
Montreal (1) - Ottawa (4) (1-4)

STANLEY CUP FINAL

Columbus - Ottawa

SWEEEEP SWEEEEEEEEP. I won the first game 8-3 LOL. Brutal. 8-3, 2-1, 5-2 and 2-1.

God damn, NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cake Boss

Banned
Columbus vs Price is the final.

7 motherfucking shutouts and a fucking assist as well.

0.88GAA and .971SV%

So do playoff performances actually count towards the player's progression/development and contract demands?

Also you can sim whenever you want, the lineup is alright.

Weiss and Bieksa still out though :(

Smiley90

7 motherfucking shutouts and a fucking assist as well.

0.88GAA and .971SV%

So do playoff performances actually count towards the player's progression/development and contract demands?

Also you can sim whenever you want, the lineup is alright.

Weiss and Bieksa still out though :(

I'm pretty sure they do, at least in Solo GM games played during the playoffs actually give MORE exp than regular season games. Also I've had better player growth during GM Connected seasons where I made the playoffs vs seasons where I haven't (but then, my team just generally did better during those seasons too).

I talked to Soc (via mail, ha), and I think if Cakeboss is ready (which he appears to be), I will sim the SCF & Growths now, and then the draft (up until beginning of resigning) tonight once I get back from Valentine's Dinner. So everyone can see the growths already, but still has a bit of time to get their draft priority set if they haven't yet!

Smiley90

Congratulations to MYSELF/the Columbus Blue Jackets for their first Stanley Cup ever!

Results:

Columbus - Ottawa (4-0)

I guess I was the only team able to solve Price, and IN WHAT A WAY, clean fucking Stanley Cup Final Sweep. Suck it Cakeboss! :D And that was despite Seguin getting injured in the SCF lol. I see you also had Lucic get injured so I guess that cancels out. I wish I could see the scores for the individual games, but they're gone :( But that I was able to beat Price was really the big thing. Just from memory, Ottawa's GFPG dropped sharply while mine actually ROSE from 3.06 to 3.20, so I must've scored quite a bit on Price. Ottawa's GAPG went from 1.06 to 1.60 lol. I had 0 (!) powerplay goals against Ottawa though, so their PK through 4 rounds of playoffs remained at 98.2%, with only ONE SINGLE powerplay goal against, by the hands of Montreal.

Now onto simming past the year-end, which will take a while. It will also include growths!

Smiley90

Some more stats:

Playoffs Stats:

Point Leaders:
J. Eberle (CBJ) - 20
T. Ennis (CBJ) - 18
M. Puempel (OTT) - 15

Goals:
T. Ennis (CBJ) - 11
J. Eberle (CBJ) - 9
A. Vermette (CBJ) - 8

Goalies:
C. Price - GAA: 1.29, Save%: 0.958

Awards:

Stanley Cup: Columbus Blue Jackets
President's Trophy: Vancouver Canucks
Art Ross: Hunter Shinkaruk
Hart Memorial: Patrick Kane (wat)
Norris: Tom Gilbert (wat)
Lady Byng: Patrick Kane (WAT LOL)
Calder: Hunter Shinkaruk (Third year in a row :lol)
Conn Smythe: Frederik motherfucking Andersen (my 80-ovr backup goalie who only got to play in the playoffs because my young starter got injured, and he was only signed last offseason as a backup lol)
Vezina: Henrik Lundqvist
Jennings: Henrik Lundqvist
Masterton: Jeff Schultz
Selke: Pavel Datsyuk (HOW IS HE STILL PLAYING?!?)
Lindsay: Henrik Lundqvist
Maurice Richards: Alex Ovechkin

Smiley90

Congrats!

Gilbert better not retire lol... He's 3rd on my depth chart but won the norrus..... Wow

First day of re-signing tomorrow?

Yes, I'll sim the draft tonight so everyone still has a bit of time to get their draft priority in. Simming End-of-season and Growths right up until the draft now.

EDIT: Growths & Retirements are done. Trades appear to be open, so if anyone wants to get some pre-Draft trades in, feel free. I'll sim the draft up to the first day of resigning tonight.

Some more stats:

Playoffs Stats:

Point Leaders:
J. Eberle (CBJ) - 20
T. Ennis (CBJ) - 18
M. Puempel (OTT) - 15

Goals:
T. Ennis (CBJ) - 11
J. Eberle (CBJ) - 9
A. Vermette (CBJ) - 8

Goalies:
C. Price - GAA: 1.29, Save%: 0.958

Awards:

Stanley Cup: Columbus Blue Jackets
President's Trophy: Vancouver Canucks
Art Ross: Hunter Shinkaruk
Hart Memorial: Patrick Kane (wat)
Norris: Tom Gilbert (wat)
Lady Byng: Patrick Kane (WAT LOL)
Calder: Hunter Shinkaruk (Third year in a row :lol)
Conn Smythe: Frederik motherfucking Andersen (my 80-ovr backup goalie who only got to play in the playoffs because my young starter got injured, and he was only signed last offseason as a backup lol)
Vezina: Henrik Lundqvist
Jennings: Henrik Lundqvist
Masterton: Jeff Schultz
Selke: Pavel Datsyuk (HOW IS HE STILL PLAYING?!?)
Lindsay: Henrik Lundqvist
Maurice Richards: Alex Ovechkin

kane's a tank
mackinnon will take it next year. got him locked up at 4.5mil per year for 8 years bitches. best contract in the game

cake, hows lucic doing. he was always a disappointment for me

gonna retool big time this offseason. may finally go sign a starting goalie. their is so much that mason, crawford, hiller, and niemi can do.

Smiley90

You'd think a Stanley Cup winning season would make Seguin grow, HELLZ NAW.

Seguin still 84. He's officially still worse than as a 20 year old. Fuck you too, EA.
Horak still 83
Lofthouse still 79
Chaput still 77
so many staying the same...
2 new rookies came out of nowhere:

Cousins 73->79
Rupert ??->78

Gaustad went 76->77 as a 36 year old :lol

Landeskog 85->88 HELLZ YEAH
Ennis 82->81 :(
Street still 80
Eberle still 88
Beaulieu 79->82 (and he's STILL only 22 years old. yeaaaaaah)
Jensen 79->80 (meh)

Karlsson still 89
Teubert, Hamonic and Despres all went down 1 :(

Hanzal still only 84 wat :( That's a letdown.

Overall, most players stayed the same with only minor moves up/down, the only BIG moves were Landeskog and Beaulieu who gained 3 overalls each... most others either stayed or +-1... oh well. Disappointed Hanzal stayed an 84 in his first full season as a starter :(

MacKinnon is now an 83 overall.

and in case Spectre wants to see:

Skinner is now 88
Gaunce is now 81

rest I don't know if they actually got much better. :D

he went down?!! im pretty sure he was an 84
i traded duchene, figuring that mackinnon was ready to be an 85-86

Smiley90

Booooo you cheater, how does one simply sweep Price.

So who gets the steam game since you won it.

Nobody. Well, I'll just pretend nobody won anything. The price would've been Franchise Hockey Manager on March 4th (once it becomes available), and since I'm buying it myself anyway, I'm just saving 30 bucks by only having to buy it once. You won't get it, is my point. :D

Nobody. Well, I'll just pretend nobody won anything. The price would've been Franchise Hockey Manager on March 4th (once it becomes available), and since I'm buying it myself anyway, I'm just saving 30 bucks by only having to buy it once. You won't get it, is my point. :D

What is this hockey manager?
And you buy the games?
Thanks for everything. I could chip in if you like

Cake Boss

Banned
:(

I guess I couldnt score when Lucic and Ellis went down at the finals, not to mention Weiss was already injured too. Plus fucking Voracek was shooting at 3% for some fucking reason which left 38 year old Brian Gionta and Puempel to pick up the slack.

I guess I need some more offensive depth.

Random, Lucic has been good, I think hes been a PPG guy since joining but only 6 points in the playoffs because he got injured twice.

Gionta retired, FUUUUUCCCKKK how am I going to replace his amazing consistent offence. Bieksa retired too.

MacAttack

'Grats Smiley.

My team is looking pretty good heading into next year. I had some nice growth on my young players (Gally +3 (81), Subban +7 (81) and Dougie +7 (85)). They all played 60-80 games which is the most in their careers. I cant say if it was the playing time or they were just due being slow developing 4.5 star prospects turning 24/25.

theRizzle

Rielly 77-82
Leddy 82-85

Everyone else basically stayed the same, but that's a nice upgrade for the two D that I have locked up long term. I have a ton of expiring contracts so I hope the FA crop is good this year.

Smiley90

Gonna sim now, as a reminder and for Indigo: There will be 3 chances for you to resign your players, aka 3 days of simming. Get your first offer in until tomorrow night, and then the 2 days following that you'll get 2 more chances.

Cake Boss

Banned
Price asking for 9M. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahaha no bitch. You take 7.5.

Palmieri 79-82
Puempel 79-82 (99 wrist show powaaarrr) I got excited then I looked at Shins stats, WTF?
Culek and Leivo 79-81
Ceci up to 76
Prince 78
Yogan 78-80
DaAgostini 77-79
Stone still 79
Weiss gone down to 81 :( and Voracek gone down to 83. Fucking injuries.
Ellis 84-86
Gardiner 87-86

Gonna sim now, as a reminder and for Indigo: There will be 3 chances for you to resign your players, aka 3 days of simming. Get your first offer in until tomorrow night, and then the 2 days following that you'll get 2 more chances.

Ok thanks, will have to log in tonight to get things rolling.

Missaien went down 1 to an 85....how the hell did that happen lol
Gilbert 2 up to 86.....didn't think players could go up at age 35
Visentin up a few to 81 :D
Nygren up to an 83
Martinez down to an 83
Tinordi up to an 82
Thrower BIG gain to 80 :D
Gallagher up to an 83
Westin to an 81
Macarthur up to an 84....this should be a fun UFA
Umberger up to an 84
Bozon up to a 79 :eek: