• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Solo

Carbo would be MUCH better suited to being an AC than he was an HC. Not to say that he should necessarily get a job, but I don't think it would be the worst call ever.

Carbo was our Muller before we had Muller when he was Julien's AC. He ran the special teams and did a fantastic job of it. He ran into trouble when he became HC and it turned out he was terrible with line combos (Laraque on the 1st line, lololololz) and not the best comminicator.

But bringing him back as a special teams AC? Hell yes.

Trevor Linden suspects there could be a partial lockout next season.

"I would not be surprised to see a couple months go down," Linden told the Vancouver radio station. "When you talk about ownership, especially in the States, they look at October and November as just dead – really tough months for them. They're dealing with Major League Baseball, the World Series, the NFL, so their season starts in December and works through January, February, March. So if they're going to miss anything, they want to miss those months."

kVe7I.gif

Marvie_3

Banned
Fiscally, they need it. However it is not a popular enough sport to get ratings when there is that much parity like the NFL and there isn't enough star power to go around - they really need to get down to 24 teams or so and the league would be awesome.
No. Just no. What they need to do is move some teams out of the shitty markets they're in.

Anyone with half a brain saw this as soon as Fehr came in.

Heretic

Guess we know why Dominic Moore was pretty bad for us and why he missed the last few games of the playoffs. His wife was diagnosed with a rare form of liver cancer near the end of the season. Fucking horrible, I wish the best to him and his family :(

That's tough... can't say this enough but fuck cancer. fuck it hard...

Locked up Jonesy for 4 years. Aww yea.

NOW STOP FUCKING AROUND AND SIGN O'REILLY AND DUCHENE.

Duchene is going to the Ducks, buddy.

4 mil a year seems ridiculous. Ya'll have the cap space though so whatever.

Jonesy has a lot of growing still. I wouldn't have paid him that much however we barely even met the cap floor last year and the year before. Doesn't make me feel great about Duchene and O'Reilly getting appropriate contracts however. We still have a ton more RFAs who are relatively important to the team that we need to sign.

Solo

I wonder who will be Erik Cole of this July 1st.

Yes, life in Habs land is so bad that I still have to hang my hat on Montreal getting the best free agent signing last summer. Fuck yourself.

I wonder who will be Erik Cole of this July 1st.

Yes, life in Habs land is so bad that I still have to hang my hat on Montreal getting the best free agent signing last summer. Fuck yourself.

I could see Matt Carle turning out really great for someone. Unfortunately it won't likely be the Flyers. Carle is rough around the edges, but he got a bad rap in Philly.

Solo

I also hope Parise doesn't pull a Richards and "take meetings" with a bunch of teams/waste team's time if he knows damn well where he's gonna go.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The good part about this years UFA crop being so shitty is no one would want to sign with the Habs at this point right now anyways, if they can pull through with this front office cleanup and turn it around next season, next year should be easier to attract UFA's. I can't believe we even landed Cole with the way things were being handled.

Solo

I hope the Habs make a play for Radulov. Don't sell the farm to get him of course, but make some kind of pitch. Dude does like playing/living in Quebec, and he's already loved there, so there is that.

Other than that, the other FAs are too costly (Parise, Suter), or won't come to Montreal. But I'd love to see Radulov on Plekanec's wing.

Red_Man

I hope the Habs make a play for Radulov. Don't sell the farm to get him of course, but make some kind of pitch. Dude does like playing/living in Quebec, and he's already loved there, so there is that.

Other than that, the other FAs are too costly (Parise, Suter), or won't come to Montreal. But I'd love to see Radulov on Plekanec's wing.
I was hoping Jagr would come sign for a year and play with Plek, but it looks like he's signing with Philly for another year. If Radulov could keep himself under control, I'd love to see him play in Montreal.

Radulov is going back to the KHL, he only came back to burn off the last year in his contract. He'll probably get something ridiculous like $15M/year tax-free over there. In 2 years he'll probably entertain NHL offers as he'll be unrestricted then.

Solo

I was hoping Jagr would come sign for a year and play with Plek, but it looks like he's signing with Philly for another year. If Radulov could keep himself under control, I'd love to see him play in Montreal.

Yeah, looks like the remainder of Jagr's NHL career will be spent in Philly.

Radulov is going back to the KHL, he only came back to burn off the last year in his contract. He'll probably get something ridiculous like $15M/year tax-free over there. In 2 years he'll probably entertain NHL offers as he'll be unrestricted then.

I know that its like a 90% chance that he goes back to the KHL, but let me enjoy my 10% dreams!

With Jagr staying in Philly and Rads likely unavailable, the market for wingers is fucking pathetic this year, and the Habs desperately need a Top 6 winger. Preferably one with size as he'll likely be playing with Plekanec and Gionta.

:_(

Basically means the only way of acquiring any real talent this offseason is through trades.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
The good part about this years UFA crop being so shitty is no one would want to sign with the Habs at this point right now anyways, if they can pull through with this front office cleanup and turn it around next season, next year should be easier to attract UFA's. I can't believe we even landed Cole with the way things were being handled.

Don't worry you'll land Wideman.

Red_Man

Yeah, looks like the remainder of Jagr's NHL career will be spent in Philly.

I know that its like a 90% chance that he goes back to the KHL, but let me enjoy my 10% dreams!

With Jagr staying in Philly and Rads likely unavailable, the market for wingers is fucking pathetic this year, and the Habs desperately need a Top 6 winger. Preferably one with size as he'll likely be playing with Plekanec and Gionta.

:_(

Basically means the only way of acquiring any real talent this offseason is through trades.
Or hope that Therrien can whip Bourque back into shape, I have faith he can have a rebound season, he came in last year at the worst possible time.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Screw you man, that's not even funny!

Also I really hope we don't have a partial lockout, screw the stupid players union and Fehr if that happens.

Agreed. Completely stupid.

Top Bottom