• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2015 |OT| The next Maple Leafs goal will be scored by Connor McDavid

Yawnier

Banned
He really got the shitty end of the stick didn't he? I feel bad for the guy. You can hear in his voice that he didn't wanna be in Toronto.

Yep. He has played somewhere over 1200 regular season games in the NHL but only 6 playoff games and the time he is on one of the best teams in the league he gets traded to a team going scorched earth.

He says he is happy to be here in the interview but it doesn't seem that way from his body language and voice.

zroid

Banned
hF6Hx63.png

reality finally sinking in :(

Yep. He has played somewhere over 1200 regular season games in the NHL but only 6 playoff games and the time he is on one of the best teams in the league he gets traded to a team going scorched earth.

He says he is happy to be here in the interview but it doesn't seem that way from his body language and voice.

Yeah, he's fucking pissed. When I said "man if I was him I'd be pissed" two Leafs fans told me that he was sucking ass this year in Nashville (so it was his fault). I mean, if he was playing wing instead of center and that is a legitimate reason as to why his numbers are so shitty, then come on

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Therrien is such an idiot. Malholtra has 1 assist this year, but yea let's play him over one of the more talented forwards we have.

This is pretty cool:

P.K. Subban had a surprise waiting for him today. Nicklas Lidstrom signed a copy of his book and left it for him. Subban was thrilled.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Yeah, he's fucking pissed. When I said "man if I was him I'd be pissed" two Leafs fans told me that he was sucking ass this year in Nashville (so it was his fault). I mean, if he was playing wing instead of center and that is a legitimate reason as to why his numbers are so shitty, then come on

I know nothing of the Nashville situation, but him playing wing could also factor in that he just wasn't good enough on that team to play center.

Whether by design or people who started off lower on the depth charge surpassed him.

I have no problem with him being pissed about being traded, but that's a part of the NHL. Be pissed but you have an obligation to swallow it up and go forward with whatever team you are on. I'm sure the Leafs will try to trade him to help him out as well.

Red_Man

Jagr said the Devils don't want him. I'd love to see him play with Plekanec finally, but I think he's too slow at this point, and I don't know how well he could handle the playoffs.

Parch

I wouldn't bet the farm on Toronto getting a lot for Kessel. The contract is a negative, so just like Phaneuf, it's going to take a junk contract in return to get anything done. I wouldn't be surprised if Toronto has zero luck in moving either of them or just end up getting much less than expected.

Red_Man

I wouldn't bet the farm on Toronto getting a lot for Kessel. The contract is a negative, so just like Phaneuf, it's going to take a junk contract in return to get anything done. I wouldn't be surprised if Toronto has zero luck in moving either of them or just end up getting much less than expected.
His contract isn't junk, it's great for his output, it's just an expensive contract which you would expect for a player of his calibre.

Yawnier

Banned

Most signs seem to be that Phaneuf's $7M contract is going to be a lot harder to move than Kessel's contract.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Here are some zany stats for tonight's Isles-Rangers game:

The Rangers are 27-5-2 when scoring first this season.
The Islanders are 13-0-0 when giving up the first goal but scoring the second.
The Rangers are 14-1-1 vs. Metropolitan teams not named the Islanders.
The Islanders are 18-2-0 vs. the Metropolitan division, including 11-0 at Nassau Colisseum.

The aggregate score in the Rangers-Islanders series so far this year is 13-4, Islanders.

If the Rangers can somehow win tonight, they move into second place in the Metro just 2 points behind the Islanders with 2 games in hand (and more ROWs). That, however, is a very big if.

Red_Man

Will Price bail us out once again, or will we just not show up tonight? Tune in to find out.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
What in the FUCK are these east-west passes just inside our own blueline? It's like we've never played hockey before.

MAC!

Top Bottom