• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2015 |OT| The next Maple Leafs goal will be scored by Connor McDavid

So if the Playoffs started today. We would be up against Pittsburgh.

Also.. Why would Therrien put out two Defenseman in a Shootout ahead of Sekac or someone and on top of that a Defenseman that is not 100%. That was pretty Dumb..

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Not a great game for us. We played pretty well in the first after we got going, but then played generally pretty poorly after that just with spurts of offense, while the Canucks started finding their game. We're also not doing Cam many favors in our own end. It's been constant terrible turnovers in our own zone for weeks now.

And despite all that, it was still a game we could have and maybe should have won. Oh well. Still an important point.

Next up: tomorrow night in Buffalo. Intriguingly AV would not say who his goalie is and that he hadn't told them who's playing. Could it finally be Skapski time?!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
If the playoffs started today, a whole lotta familiar stories in the East:

playoffsgguv9.png

Also, when was the last time Pittsburgh was in 4th place in the division this late in the season?

Acid08

Banned
Thank fuck we won that game. Back ahead of LA. Saturday will be fun and nerve wracking. Really hope the Sharks come out for the outdoor game. Like we need another national embarrassment.

playoffsgguv9.png

Also, when was the last time Pittsburgh was in 4th place in the division this late in the season?

Sadly, we can't really seem to beat any of those teams...

The western teams on the other hand we have dominated. I want to go back to the west now since we actually play good against them :(

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Mike Milbury said tonight that he would strongly consider coaching again if the Bruins came calling.

Do it, Cam.

Pens coaching staff dodging questions on whether the team needs a major overhaul. Yeah, this summer is going to be fun. I will lose my fucking mind if they trade Malkin, he's the only soul this team has right now.

playoffsgguv9.png

Here's what I hope happens.

MTL wins against BOS.
DET wins against Tampa
Then Washington and Pittsburgh lose.
Second round will be DET vs MTL and NYI vs NY.
NYI wins and MTL too.
MTL vs NYI Eastern Conference Final.
Price vs Halak.
The playoff story in the West is gonna be wild.

I'm hella late to the party here but I am laughing hard at this Order shit on Gaming side.

Also, I went and saw 50 Shades of Grey last night. It's terrible.

And further, the Oilers suck and are going to get destroyed tonight.

Ment to ask you this Fubar but what's your opinion of Dubnyk so far?

Impressive. He's better than I thought he would be when the Wild originally got him. He's positionally sound (outside a few bad goals here and there that he should have had), he's smart, he plays the puck a bit more than I would prefer, but he's good.

At the same time though, the Wild's defense is finally healthy and playing up to their potential and minimizing chances for the other team. It's looking more like last year again, where Bryz and Curry and Kuemper were doing fantastic because they were only relied on to really bail out the team every once in a great while. The defense is doing most of the work.

Dubnyk has saved the Wild some games during some bad periods or sequences or whatever, but for the most part his stats are better than he has actually played, I think. Especially the crazy shutout numbers - which were 4 SOs in 9 games a while back.

That all said, he's far better and more consistent than anybody else in net the Wild has iced this year. He also seems to be a great guy and the locker room apparently loves him. I definitely wouldn't mind bringing him back next season.

The Wild lost Spurgeon, who was on their second pairing, against Calgary the other day. We'll have to see how the defense/Dubnyk responds but I have faith.

Cake Boss

Banned
I'm hella late to the party here but I am laughing hard at this Order shit on Gaming side.

Also, I went and saw 50 Shades of Grey last night. It's terrible.

And further, the Oilers suck and are going to get destroyed tonight.

Should have went to see Kingsmen, I convinced my girl to watch that instead.

Top Bottom