• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2015 |OT| The next Maple Leafs goal will be scored by Connor McDavid

zroid

Banned
when I was Rielly's age I still said "gay" as a pejorative

eventually I smartened up, and he's about to do the same

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
when I was Rielly's age I still said "gay" as a pejorative

eventually I smartened up, and he's about to do the same

image.php

As innocuous a comment as it may seem, it must be viewed in the larger context of the sport (or sports, in general) being often an openly hostile place for women to participate. (and I'm not talking simply about women playing sports, but rather even just being fans.)

Fair point - I don't disagree.

But we don't need @b1rky or @67sound or whatever using this as an opportunity to polish up and display their social-equality bona fides. It's unlikely that Rielly harbours any kind of actual misogynistic beliefs - he was in a 'pressure' situation, looked for a colloquialism and unfortunately picked a really stupid one.

Samyy

There are plenty of legit people, if Bob Mackenzie can write a book and interview guys like Vic Ferrari the NHL should be able to acknowledge those same people.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I missed it, what happened to AGally and why didn't he play yesterday? I also don't get Therriens problem with Sekac, he was flying last night.

Same here. I would watch Leafs games despite the tank, but I just haven't had the time.
*Brofist*

Don't think I'll have trade deadline day off either, just hoping by the time playoffs roll around my hours will be better.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Hot damn, I guess I accidentally ordered two Metaknight Amiibos from Best Buy by mistake way back in early December when pre-orders opened up. I feel like I'm sitting on a winning lottery ticket here.

zroid

Banned
goodddd this independent grocer near me sells these red velvet muffins with a cream cheese filling and they are so f'ing good

It's kind of upsetting to think that there's a boardroom full of people who think that Kypreos, Friedman and Healy represent what Canadians want to see on a HNIC broadcast.

(referring to the firing of the HNIC montage guy)

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
It's kind of upsetting to think that there's a boardroom full of people who think that Kypreos, Friedman and Healy represent what Canadians want to see on a HNIC broadcast.

Sportsnet is the epitome of old white guys making programming for old white guys.

Imagine how bland they'd be had they not purchased The Score.

HNIC wasn't much better before, but at least they had those montages.

ShaneB

Unless I missed a news story saying they're calling the games, you can avoid them completely.

Quick

Banned
I missed it, what happened to AGally and why didn't he play yesterday? I also don't get Therriens problem with Sekac, he was flying last night.

*Brofist*

Don't think I'll have trade deadline day off either, just hoping by the time playoffs roll around my hours will be better.

What's probably the worst is the matter of not having much time to see people. I'm getting some time off soon, though.

zroid

Banned
I have a bad feeling Reimer is going to steal a win for us tonight

put Bernier in pls, he's more committed to the tank

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Mark Masters @markhmasters
Rielly: "It's a phrase that has to be taken out of today's society & I know I can't be using that. It was just careless by me."

Mark Masters @markhmasters
Morgan Rielly: "I didn't mean it the way it was taken & I'm sorry for the way it came across"

I still love you Morgan!

Top Bottom