• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2015 |OT| The next Maple Leafs goal will be scored by Connor McDavid

fallout

I still love you Morgan!
That's a very good and mature response from him. Not some bullshit apology about whether he offended anyone or not, but rightly recognizing what the issue was and addressing it directly.

Edit: of course he didn't mean it that way. It was pretty obvious but oh well.
That's not the issue. Yes, intent matters, but like Rielly said, it's a phrase that has to be taken out of society. Even though he obviously didn't mean it that way, when phrases like that are pervasive enough in our culture, it's going to have an impact on the girls that hear it.

trifelife

:)
6179980.jpg

look at these bros

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
That's a very good and mature response from him. Not some bullshit apology about whether he offended anyone or not, but rightly recognizing what the issue was and addressing it directly.

That's not the issue. Yes, intent matters, but like Rielly said, it's a phrase that has to be taken out of society. Even though he obviously didn't mean it that way, when phrases like that are pervasive enough in our culture, it's going to have an impact on the girls that hear it.
And he apologized cause he realized it's wrong. People say a lot of stupid shit when they're younger but the difference is not everyone has a mic in front of them all the time. Poor choice of words but he was smart enough to realize the impact at least.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Future captain of the Maple Leafs!

You should all stop being girls about it! :<

Edit: of course he didn't mean it that way. It was pretty obvious but oh well.

This is not an option for me.

And he apologized cause he realized it's wrong. People say a lot of stupid shit when they're younger but the difference is not everyone has a mic in front of them all the time. Poor choice of words but he was smart enough to realize the impact at least.

Yeah, I liked his response.

It's Reim Time Tonight Leafs!

You are a cat but not Kave_Man. Very confused. :p

Acid08

Banned

....that's exactly what fallout said.

Razorskin

----- ------
There are plenty of legit people, if Bob Mackenzie can write a book and interview guys like Vic Ferrari the NHL should be able to acknowledge those same people.
Yep, a shame advanced stats pioneer Damien Cox wasn't credited, he exposed people to them more than anyone else.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
You didn't see me ranting about ranting about our defense shitting the bed right off the start AGAIN because I was in a car.

So....HAGS!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
This crowd in Buffalo might be the quietest I've heard this season. It sounds like they're literally in an empty arena.

Oh, there we are. A hint of a "Let's Go Rangers" chant. :D

And now back to silence.

Top Bottom