• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2015 |OT| The next Maple Leafs goal will be scored by Connor McDavid

Yo resident freak expert Cake Boss, I need some advice. RC maybe you too.

What the hell do you do when you smang it so hard for so long (I'm talking like an hour and a half maybe two hours here) that you get dehydrated and hella sore?

Water breaks would kill the mood and I can only drink so much leading up to it.

Wat do?

I hope we keep O'reilly. He's looking good centering MacK and Landy, plus even if we trade him for defensive help, it's not going to be a top pairing guy, which is what we need. It's just going to create new chemistry problems and we'll lose our best defensive forward. Hope Sakic can get a deal worked out.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
As an outside fan, I really enjoy the Ducks commentary. Seem to be fair and have some great analyst in their commentary.

Cake Boss

Banned
Yo resident freak expert Cake Boss, I need some advice. RC maybe you too.

What the hell do you do when you smang it so hard for so long (I'm talking like an hour and a half maybe two hours here) that you get dehydrated and hella sore?

Water breaks would kill the mood and I can only drink so much leading up to it.

Wat do?

uhhh bust a nut, have the break and then go for the 2nd time.

If you bust the nut, she will understand the break. Make sure she cums at least once before you do the break though.

Debatable. Boudreau isn't the best, but I don't think a color guy will solve the problems.

The poster edited it, initially he was gushing about Hayward's insight and how he's been with the team since the beginning, what a great idea if he could be coach.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Kave learns to play hockey - Game 2

I just got back from our second game. Oh man was it a thriller. One thing we worried about after last week's game and practicing against the same team for 10 straight sessions was we might have some bad habits since it was so easy against them. Sure enough that popped up tonight.

We went into the third period tied at zero. We were once again controlling play but their goalie was standing on their head and despite what some of my teammates felt I thought the team we played while not as good as us played a great team game. They didn't try to do what they couldn't, they were playing the puck off the boards, dumping it in and just icing the puck if they were in trouble. We weren't passing to each other, we were taking bad shots from outside on 2 on 1s, 3 on 1s and so forth.

I also think I'm starting to see the type of game I might be good at. I was starting to be effective along the boards and screening the goalie. In the third period we had a lot of chances to score as soon as I parked myself in front of the goalie. Their goalie couldn't read the puck at all once I did that and we had a few shots that just missed the net that he made no movement on. From there I relayed the information to my teammate who I swap playing left wing with. Thanks to that he crashed the net and with 1:59 left in the third he managed to grab a rebound and just barely squeak it past the goalie.

We won the game 1-0. I'm super proud of my left wing partner, me and him are probably the "worst" players on the team but we both work hard, know our roles and do what we can. We've now both scored the first goals of both games.

Our goalie was great for us, he didn't get a lot of work this week but when he did get shots on him he stood tall and kept us in the game.

So yeah my role going forward until I at least get better at skating is the good ole Mimico boy role but actually being good at it.

My immediate goal though is I need to learn to stop properly, I think it can fix a lot of issues I have right now. I have 5 more weeks to learn it before we go into our tournament. I know what to do I'm just not fully committing.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Gibson is performing solidly as well, really. Both goals he let in, he was hung out to dry by his defense.

That stop just then was amazing.

Socreges

Banned

I just got back from our second game. Oh man was it a thriller. One thing we worried about after last week's game and practicing against the same team for 10 straight sessions was we might have some bad habits since it was so easy against them. Sure enough that popped up tonight.

We went into the third period tied at zero. We were once again controlling play but their goalie was standing on their head and despite what some of my teammates felt I thought the team we played while not as good as us played a great team game. They didn't try to do what they couldn't, they were playing the puck off the boards, dumping it in and just icing the puck if they were in trouble. We weren't passing to each other, we were taking bad shots from outside on 2 on 1s, 3 on 1s and so forth.

I also think I'm starting to see the type of game I might be good at. I was starting to be effective along the boards and screening the goalie. In the third period we had a lot of chances to score as soon as I parked myself in front of the goalie. Their goalie couldn't read the puck at all once I did that and we had a few shots that just missed the net that he made no movement on. From there I relayed the information to my teammate who I swap playing left wing with. Thanks to that he crashed the net and with 1:59 left in the third he managed to grab a rebound and just barely squeak it past the goalie.

We won the game 1-0. I'm super proud of my left wing partner, me and him are probably the "worst" players on the team but we both work hard, know our roles and do what we can. We've now both scored the first goals of both games.

Our goalie was great for us, he didn't get a lot of work this week but when he did get shots on him he stood tall and kept us in the game.

So yeah my role going forward until I at least get better at skating is the good ole Mimico boy role but actually being good at it.

My immediate goal though is I need to learn to stop properly, I think it can fix a lot of issues I have right now. I have 5 more weeks to learn it before we go into our tournament. I know what to do I'm just not fully committing.
I'm jelly. Sounds like an awesome experience.

Makes me wonder if there's anything similar here in Victoria...

Spl1nter

Dont worry Kave, Clarkson doesnt know how to stop either; he just falls down.

Stop and starts are something that once you play games you recognize are critical. After not skating for almost 5 years and than getting back into games it was the thing I immediately noticed.

TUSR

Banned

These posts are so fantastic Kave, remember bend the knees not the ankles!

Calamari41

41 > 38
ZLE4ye.gif

What a shot!

Man, we're playing like we want to win now.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Playing hockey's great. Just wish I had some better ice times. Having a game at 11pm when you have to get up at 6am isn't easy.

Calamari41

41 > 38
At least we'll get a point out of this. Given our horrible first two periods, well, I'll take it. Shame we had to give up that lead though.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I'd like to reiterate my hatred for shootouts, before this is decided.

And there it is. Great game, Wings nation. Both teams deserved points.

Top Bottom