• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2015 |OT| The next Maple Leafs goal will be scored by Connor McDavid

zroid

Banned
lawl

nM699OU.png

I was disappointed by the return on Winnik when I first saw it listed on TSN.ca (and sad to see him go), but now that it's set in I'm happy with it.

Sill sounds like a dump, though.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I was disappointed by the return on Winnik when I first saw it listed on TSN.ca (and sad to see him go), but now that it's set in I'm happy with it.

Sill sounds like a dump, though.
A 2nd and a 4th for a 3rd line UFA who we signed just last year and hasn't even played one season with us???

Fine with me.

Yawnier

Banned
So the Leafs got:

Brendan Leipsic
1st-round pick in 2015
4th-round pick in 2015
2nd-round pick in 2016

For Franson, Santorelli, and Winnik. Ok I guess?

Leafs got Lombardi and Franson from NSH for Brett Lebda, and flipped Franson into a late 1st while Lombardi fucked off into Europe somewhere.

Brett Lebda

Santorelli & Winnik were summer FA signings that cost the team 0 assets to acquire, and flipped into picks.

I'd say that is decent.

Man, Sill sounds like garbage. But essentially free picks since both are FAs at the end of the season. Hopefully we can flip this guy for more.

Pens-GAF, enjoy Winnik :')

Spl1nter

Good return for UFAs. A shame Nonis was to stupd to realize the team should have been doing the same last year.

Sill sounds like a great pickup! Helps the tank and takes a spot so the prospects aren't throwen into the fire.

Sill only got a roster spot on the Pens because he brought some size, he's not an NHL player. He's a contract dump.

I'm not thrilled about losing a 2nd for what could potentially be rental in a year where we probably don't have a real shot at the Cup anyway. I'm excited about not having to watch Zach Sill attempt to play hockey anymore and I like Winnick but we overpayed. Hopefully he sticks around and can be a part of what we build next year.

17XfZQe.png

loooool "improve"

Why was Sill such a problem? I mean he sounds like a useless player but why was he not sent down to the minors?
I'm mostly joking, sill is really bad but the leafs probably just wanted someone they can slot into the roster. The 4th probably came from having them retain salary

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie
Follow

LA prospect going to CAR in Sekera deal is Roland McKeown (KGN).

Jesus shit... a 1st and him for Sekera. Carolina made a hell of a deal.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm mostly joking, sill is really bad but the leafs probably just wanted someone they can slot into the roster. The 4th probably came from having them retain salary

Driving home today did hear how they just figure Sill is someone they can stick in the lineup instead of bringing up a kid right now.

Syrinx

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie
Follow

LA prospect going to CAR in Sekera deal is Roland McKeown (KGN).

Jesus shit... a 1st and him for Sekera. Carolina made a hell of a deal.

Dang, sounds awesome. Best of luck to him and Tlusty.

LA basically McDavid-protect their pick going to Carolina

Expected

... or maybe not per lebrun

In that situation would we then get their 2016 1st-rounder?

They're going to make the playoffs so I don't think it'll be an issue.

Top Bottom