• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2015 |OT| The next Maple Leafs goal will be scored by Connor McDavid

Quick

Banned
iksDwLNqfs4cM.jpg

Phthisis

The only time I posted in the NHL community threads was last year around this time after Martin Jones has won 8 straight games to start his NHL career, the Kings were dominating teams, and I said (quote me) the Kings were winning the Cup.

Fast forward to today, Kings have won 8 in a row and landed their deadline target. Kings will be bringing home some silver hardware in June.

I'll see everyone in the offseason thread.

Clydefrog

The only time I posted in the NHL community threads was last year around this time after Martin Jones has won 8 straight games to start his NHL career, the Kings were dominating teams, and I said (quote me) the Kings were winning the Cup.

Fast forward to today, Kings have won 8 in a row and landed their deadline target. Kings will be bringing home some silver hardware in June.

I'll see everyone in the offseason thread.

Hehehehehehee

Samyy

Wow everything happened during my exam, can't believe we got two picks, one a freaking 2nd rounder, for a UFA 3rd liner.

With LA's defence basically settled now, I wonder if we'll get the full story on the Richards/Phaneuf stuff. There was that Kings reporter who said that the Leafs were the ones trying to get Richards for Phaneuf rather than the other way around... which seems crazy until you remember who the Leafs have as their GM.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers' trade targets have almost completely gone off the board now. Vermette is the only one left that we've been seriously linked to, and it's very unlikely we'll be able to afford him. Little cap space, a dearth of picks to begin with, and a whole lot of untouchable players means there's not a lot to work with to make a trade happen.

Two players the Leafs signed in the offseason turned into 3 draft picks (though the Santorelli trade included Franson). Not bad.

Pittsburgh sure loves to trade though. It's a never-ending quest for depth to take advantage of Crosby and Malkin's prime years.

Phthisis

The Kings bandwagon deserves Bill Simmons as conductor

The worst

You're not wrong; once they started winning lots of LA residents suddenly magically liked hockey. But I've been there for a long time, and waited a LOOOOOOONG time for a golden age like this. I won't even bother you with the stories of what it was like being a fan between 95-99, but I was watching every Kings game on TV or attending them in person between 02-08 when the Kings didn't make the playoffs once. So I'm going to bask in all its glory while it's still here to be basked in.

Cake Boss

Banned
Rangers' trade targets have almost completely gone off the board now. Vermette is the only one left that we've been seriously linked to, and it's very unlikely we'll be able to afford him. Little cap space, a dearth of picks to begin with, and a whole lot of untouchable players means there's not a lot to work with to make a trade happen.

What are you guys gonna do with Zucc?

So I guess the trade deadline is today or something with all these trades right?

Oh well, should make for more awkward silence and speculation during the trade deadline panels.

Edit: Obligatory -

B-uW7T4UAAAXL9K.png

Edit 2:

Jim Matheson ‏@NHLbyMatty 3m3 minutes ago
I keep circling back to Det. re Petry because may feel they can sign UFA. Oilers would want Ouellet, Sproul or Marchenko in deal.#oilers.

No Oilers, one or two of those would be packaged in a deal for an actual game changing defenseman, not for Petry.

iLLmAtlc

sorry if i sound like a douche/am late on this, but did kane hurt himself trying to sell the hit? that push looked pretty innocent.

Top Bottom