• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2015 |OT| The next Maple Leafs goal will be scored by Connor McDavid

Parch

I'm not super familiar with this stuff, but I think it would be a hard position to argue. The players are getting paid, so the issue is on the side of the owners. It would be the owners of the richer teams having to relinquish this loophole to the poorer teams. So what would the bigger teams get?
Bigger teams don't have to "get" anything if enough owners feel that this is a form of cap manipulation. I don't know what percentage of teams need to approve a change to stop this but it doesn't have to be unanimous.

And yes, the players get paid either way so the union wouldn't have much say about it.

It really comes down to how many teams think it's fair that Toronto suddenly gets to free up a whole bunch cap space on something that could easily be considered a loophole. I can see it being a problem for some who think teams should be accountable for the big contracts they give away and shouldn't be able to get out of it by just throwing money at a loophole.

Samyy

What does this mean?

I think its a polite way of saying bent over?
They were probably trying to get a prospect or 1st rounder back or something.

As per the freedictionary.com:

"In a weak or difficult position, as in Once the competitors found a flaw in our product, they had us over a barrel."

zroid

Banned
WAR On Ice ‏@war_on_ice 7h7 hours ago

OK! We can say a few things now of some consequence. First: Our cap initiative (WARCap for short) has joined forces with @theninjagreg in that we will still have 2 unique sites, but we are sharing our data and expertise mututally. In light of @CapGeek going dark, we thought it was important to make sure that everyone got to benefit from this stuff. We personally want to show our admiration to Matthew Wuest for everything he did and want to assure him that we got our own data for this because man, was that a lot of work to put in. We are incredibly grateful to him for all the work he put in and hope we honor him with ours.

Now: We've got most of the contracts ready to go for view, including buyout and cap-recapture, at http://war-on-ice.com/captools.html

itshappening.gif

Why the hell doesn't hockeystreams do NCAA hockey?

The Wild's top two non-pro prospects are playing against each other tonight and it would be a blast to watch it.

And so beings the great defence of David Clarkson by the TO media

weaw7gd.png

Not to mention Jeff O'Neil spewing his god awful thoughts all over the TV yesterday and radio today.

Clarkson doesn't even belong in the same sentence as those three.

Parch

Kings too good to flop the entire season. Not surprised by the resurgence, and the Sekera deal just might be the most significant add this deadline. Key piece on an already good team. I wouldn't want to play them in the first round..

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
If Subban pulled that same giveaway Kieth did there, he would be crucified for 3 weeks.

That seems like a weird trade.
It makes sense if they're attempting one final run at a cup with the team they have before they have to move guys again for cap reasons, but it's a risky move at a high price. I don't see Timmonen being the difference between the Hawks winning or losing a cup.

Marvie_3

Banned
If Subban pulled that same giveaway Kieth did there, he would be crucified for 3 weeks.

It makes sense if they're attempting one final run at a cup with the team they have before they have to move guys again for cap reasons, but it's a risky move at a high price. I don't see Timmonen being the difference between the Hawks winning or losing a cup.

This. Hawks need defense but its just weird that they didn't at least let him play a game with the Flyers to see if he's even up to speed. We had an extra 2nd round pick but it's still a lot to give up for someone who hasn't played in almost a year. That said, he'll still be better than Roszival. This move along with TVR coming back soon, should hopefully push Roszival out of the lineup for good.

Then again, it is Quenneville.

zroid

Banned
For instance, I permanently banned a prominent member of NHL GAF a couple of years ago for multiple, clear violations of our rules. When I did so, another member of NHL GAF sent me a PM and threatened me physically, suggesting he can easily figure out where I live.

wtf? who?

JABEE

If Kimmo is healthy, he still is a solid defender and top tier PP QB, 40 point defenseman.

He's not as fast as he once was, but he is a beast on the PK and PP.

ShaneB

Bah, wasn't sure if the hockeystreams was casting from the start of the game and spoiled the game since I just got home. Down 2-0?!?!?! What the hell.

Top Bottom