• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2015 |OT| The next Maple Leafs goal will be scored by Connor McDavid

Stasis

Those fines are a waste of time other than to maybe show the most homer of fans they're wrong.

People were incensed he even got a penalty. After further review he receives a fine as well. Confirms what was obvious but does fuck all to him or to prevent it from reoccurring.

And every time I type his name on my tablet I end up writing Sunban. And then I feel like Smelly.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Those fines are a waste of time other than to maybe show the most homer of fans they're wrong.

People were incensed he even got a penalty. After further review he receives a fine as well. Confirms what was obvious but does fuck all to him or to prevent it from reoccurring.

And every time I type his name on my tablet I end up writing Sunban. And then I feel like Smelly.

Lol

Quick

Banned
Neil is the type of player Winnipeg needs.

To free up some cap room, Jets should trade Kane to the Leafs for Daniel "Winning" Winnik because Winnipeg (probably) needs more Good Ontario Kids like him.

Marvie_3

Banned

This. Same with 1 or 2 game suspensions. They don't do anything.

zroid

Banned
New pic for the OP. Thanks TSN.

Bq79cQs.png

calder

If any of the Jets players or fans gave a shit about what Gary Lawless says, we wouldn't have a team.

True.

And I'll say this about Kane - as one of his fans I really think he's a bit overrated in this thread and elsewhere online. People seem to project growth for him that I'm just not sure is warranted, I think he's closer to his peak right now than some assume based on his age. He's a very good possession driver who will put up good points but probably not get the big point totals, especially the goals, that some think he will.

Also, he's frequently injured and is a bit of an idiot on and off the ice. Seriously, he gets extra scrutiny for various dumb reasons that don't make sense at all but make no mistake, he DOES deserve most of the shit he gets from fans and the media.

So yeah while Lawless is *technically* correct in that Kane is not this second on the Jets top two lines he definitely projects as a top 6 forward. I'd say he'd be a fantastic second line winger on a very good team, first line winger on a less talented team. But he's not quite there yet, and it's fair to wonder why, the dude's been in the NHL for 5 years now...

calder

Oh, and I absolutely can not believe I live in a world where a single fucking NHL team has interest in Chris Neil. It just blows my mind, what the hell do people see in him? Leadership? The intangibles of losing?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Oh, and I absolutely can not believe I live in a world where a single fucking NHL team has interest in Chris Neil. It just blows my mind, what the hell do people see in him? Leadership? The intangibles of losing?

Clarkson.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This article by Prust on fighting is nonsensical.
Yea, I enjoyed reading about his early years and how he developed into the player he is now, but his actual arguments for fighting are pretty dumb and don't hold up well. The lack of apes in the league this year along with the lower number of serious injuries and headshots only further cements the worthlessness of enforcers.

I don't get it either and I wont believe it until he's actually traded.

Cake Boss

Banned

The guy can barely stay in the lineup of a non playoff team. I don't get how respected hockey people like Lebrun and McKenzie still think he can play on the 3rd line on a Stanley cup contender.

Red_Man

Larry Wilmore's show is starting to pick up, last nights episode in particular was pretty funny.

The guy can barely stay in the lineup of a non playoff team. I don't get how respected hockey people like Lebrun and McKenzie still think he can play on the 3rd line on a Stanley cup contender.

Because he's a lightning rod player for Sens fans, who's also somewhat well known in Canada.

Samyy

I'd like to think Cherry will freak out when the Leafs don't draft McDavid even when they won't have the chance to do so

This is why I kinda really want to see the Leafs draft Werenski/Provorov/Kylington, assuming they go on a hot streak and finish 7-8th.

The glorious meltdowns of TSN 1050 callers will also be really fun to hear.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

It's the same reason a lot of them credit Montreal's success to Therrien. They're just stuck in the "compete level" hivemind.

Larry Wilmore's show is starting to pick up, last nights episode in particular was pretty funny.

Haven't watched it yet, and the fact that he gave an anti-vaccer airtime really bugs me, but that's good to hear.

Sort of related, did anyone else check out Adam Pally guest hosting The Late Late show the other night? It's absolutely hilarious, basically a trainwreck, but they know that.

Red_Man

Haven't watched it yet, and the fact that he gave an anti-vaccer airtime really bugs me, but that's good to hear.
To be fair, he tries to have panelist on his show for both sides of whatever issue they're discussing. Last nights episode was about gay marriage, and he had a Pastor on the panel who's against gay marriage.

Hank nearly gets killed one night.

Next game:

hankheaderi4uh3.gif

No fucks given whatsoever.

You gotta be a long time goalie and trust your equipment to do that. I saw Fasth block one with his face at the Oilers/Sharks game. There is no way I could intentionally keep my face in front of a fast-moving puck.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
It's the same reason a lot of them credit Montreal's success to Therrien. They're just stuck in the "compete level" hivemind.

Sort of related, did anyone else check out Adam Pally guest hosting The Late Late show the other night? It's absolutely hilarious, basically a trainwreck, but they know that.

I need to watch this, I like Pally and Ben Schwartz

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
To be fair, he tries to have panelist on his show for both sides of whatever issue they're discussing. Last nights episode was about gay marriage, and he had a Pastor on the panel who's against gay marriage.

John Oliver did it right by having 97 real scientists, and 3 climate change deniers on his show to "debate" climate change. When you have one of each, you're giving their opinions equal weight.

Anti-vaccination people shouldn't be given any airtime considering they're spreading blatant lies. Hope it's something he learns from anyway. How's the tone of the show usually?

Red_Man

Anti-vaccination people shouldn't be given any airtime considering they're spreading blatant lies. Hope it's something he learns from anyway. How's the tone of the show usually?
It's pretty light hearted and tries to focus on a comedic aspects of whatever issues they're discussing while maintaining relative conversation. I enjoy it, it's a different take then we've seen before anyways.

ShaneB

This article by Prust on fighting is nonsensical.

Yea, I enjoyed reading about his early years and how he developed into the player he is now, but his actual arguments for fighting are pretty dumb and don't hold up well. The lack of apes in the league this year along with the lower number of serious injuries and headshots only further cements the worthlessness of enforcers.

Meant to read this and maybe I still will just to see the full thing, but sounds like maybe not. I've said before I'm tired of fighting in hockey and want it gone, and I'm actually seeing less and less fights it seems, which I am happy about.

Red_Man

Meant to read this and maybe I still will just to see the full thing, but sounds like maybe not. I've said before I'm tired of fighting in hockey and want it gone, and I'm actually seeing less and less fights it seems, which I am happy about.
He just makes the point that fighting is necessary in the game to keep other players safe from rats and dirty hits. Everything we've seen over the past few seasons has shown this could not be more wrong.

Socreges

Banned
I'm supposed to go snowboarding this weekend but the mountains are fucking barren. Not enough time to make Whistler worthwhile either. :(

ShaneB

He just makes the point that fighting is necessary in the game to keep other players safe from rats and dirty hits. Everything we've seen over the past few seasons has shown this could not be more wrong.

Ah... the same tired argument that has been said over and over and over again.

Red_Man

With Lunqvist out, all the matches tonight are shit. Time to watch John Wick I guess.

Top Bottom