• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2015 |OT| The next Maple Leafs goal will be scored by Connor McDavid

Erdrick

With Lunqvist out, all the matches tonight are shit. Time to watch John Wick I guess.

If you haven't seen John Wick before, you're in for a treat. Seriously my favourite movie of 2014. I bought the Blu Ray yesterday and plan on watching it sometime soon again since I last saw it on Halloween.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
If you haven't seen John Wick before, you're in for a treat. Seriously my favourite movie of 2014. I bought the Blu Ray yesterday and plan on watching it sometime soon again since I last saw it on Halloween.
Everyone has a lot of good things to say about it, it's not really my type of movie but given all the good reviews it's receive, I'm giving it a chance.

fallout

And I'll say this about Kane - as one of his fans I really think he's a bit overrated in this thread and elsewhere online. People seem to project growth for him that I'm just not sure is warranted, I think he's closer to his peak right now than some assume based on his age. He's a very good possession driver who will put up good points but probably not get the big point totals, especially the goals, that some think he will.
Yep. He gets a lot of talk, but he certainly hasn't achieved it, yet. However, when you watch him play, you can certainly see the potential. I think that's why it's fair to question how much of it's him and how much it's the team.

Also, he's frequently injured and is a bit of an idiot on and off the ice. Seriously, he gets extra scrutiny for various dumb reasons that don't make sense at all but make no mistake, he DOES deserve most of the shit he gets from fans and the media.
True. I'm likely guilty of defending him in cases where he probably doesn't deserve it because someone is going overboard in their criticism.

So yeah while Lawless is *technically* correct in that Kane is not this second on the Jets top two lines he definitely projects as a top 6 forward. I'd say he'd be a fantastic second line winger on a very good team, first line winger on a less talented team. But he's not quite there yet, and it's fair to wonder why, the dude's been in the NHL for 5 years now...
Yeah, I didn't actually read or hear what Lawless actually said. If he's saying that Kane is not currently a top 6 forward on the Jets, then congrats Gary, you can count.

hey Clyde I found your baby pictures

TUD0NBf.jpg

Kid already has his priorities straight. That's a good young American in the making right there I tell you what!

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Yo anyone want to give me a Club Nintendo code? 60 points get this one PLATINUM

BIkUQmS.png

please

Do you still need a code?

I think I have one for Super Smash Bros Wii U, ended up getting the digital version and I don't think I registered the retail copy, I can't check right now.

gaming_noob

The last few seasons (not including the shortened one) the 2nd last teams had 66 - 74 points. The Leafs cannot win more than 9 out of the final 30 games to be at 66 points. That is doable!

The countdown to lose 21 games starts Friday :)

lupinko

I've been out of the loop living in Japan, but LeafsGAF, we're getting McDavid right?

Watch the Loafs and/or Nonis botch this up somehow.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Far and away the best start we've had in weeks. You can see the Bruins feeling the offensive zone pressure even when it isn't actually there.

Refs seem to be letting a lot of physical play go. The way it should be.

Sanjuro

Far and away the best start we've had in weeks. You can see the Bruins feeling the offensive zone pressure even when it isn't actually there.

Refs seem to be letting a lot of physical play go. The way it should be.

We've played maybe 5-6 games in three weeks.

I'm surprised these guys still know how to skate!

zroid

Banned
The last few seasons (not including the shortened one) the 2nd last teams had 66 - 74 points. The Leafs cannot win more than 9 out of the final 30 games to be at 66 points. That is doable!

The countdown to lose 21 games starts Friday :)

3rd last is the best case scenario

Buffalo is historically bad this season, and Edmonton is Edmonton

Like I've said before, anywhere from 3rd to 5th last is fine since I consider Hanifin, Marner, and Strome all pretty close. The only risk with finishing 5th last is there's a 37% chance someone below us will win the lottery and we'll move to 6th.

Stasis

I was about to post... MSL looked afraid of Chara, understandably.

And now with the replay you see how that blind throw out led to the rush and goal.

Stasis

Glass blocked our only good shot out of that keep-in sequence, lol.

Get outta the way man, it's not like you're gonna tip anything in anyway!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
We had been managing the puck so well. Now we're back to making the dumb fucking mistakes we've been making the last several games.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I really loved John Wick. Making a simple but perfectly effective pure action movie is rare these days.
It's weird to say for an action movie but it was a really smart action movie and Keanu Reeves is fantastic. Happy to see a sequel has already been green lit.

Top Bottom