• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2015 |OT| The next Maple Leafs goal will be scored by Connor McDavid

Curufinwe

Yeah, Martin was lighting a bunch of Flyers up with big hits in the previous game, so White was always gonna go after him.

White and VandeVelde have been so competent it might force them to waive Rinaldo

Yeah, Martin was lighting a bunch of Flyers up with big hits in the previous game, so White was always gonna go after him.

White and VandeVelde have been so competent it might force them to waive Rinaldo

Rinaldo is a fucking moron. I might, White isn't a great player, but he's not stupid... or as stupid as Rinaldo lol. Vdv has been very surprising this year.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Official diagnosis on Lundqvist is a vascular injury. The Rangers say he's out at least three weeks.

Cam Talbot isn't a bad goaltender. I wouldn't be worried Rangers fans. (Not being sarcastic btw).

Cam's great, but he's never had to play the part of real big boy NHL starter before. I think the most he's played in a row thus far in his career is 3 games. If he only misses exactly 3 weeks from today and no more, that's 11 games. 11 games in 20 days including 2 back-to-backs is a busy schedule for any goaltender, let alone one that has never had to be THE guy at this level. There's also no safety net. The next options behind Cam Talbot are Mackenzie Skapski (0 NHL games), Cedrick Desjardins (6 NHL games), and Jason Missiaen (0 NHL games).

The fortunate thing is that the team almost always plays better in front of Cam than they do in front of Hank, and he's certainly more than capable of playing at this level.

More than anything else, though, this is just uncharted territory for the Rangers. Hank hasn't missed significant stretches of time due to injury since his rookie season. We'll see how they cope. They only play against the #2 team in the NHL tomorrow, so whatever.

Also,
Larry Brooks ‏@NYP_Brooksie 11m11 minutes ago

#NYR official statement has Lundqvist sidelined with vascular injury for "at least three weeks." I'm told to expect range of 4-to-6 weeks.

trifelife

ether.jpg

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Official diagnosis on Lundqvist is a vascular injury. The Rangers say he's out at least three weeks.

Cam's great, but he's never had to play the part of real big boy NHL starter before. I think the most he's played in a row thus far in his career is 3 games.
Put up or shut up time for him.

Reimer for a 2nd and a prospect? :(

Stasis

Try playing goalie, your defense suck the biggest balls in the universe, and any shitbag, even from Carolina's 3rd line, is able to put the puck in the only fucking open corner, every. time. and the rebounds, oh the rebounds, even if you manage to stop the fucking puck with your pads or whatever, there's someone else to put it in, stopped the first rebound too? Well how about another rebound won by the other team? and what about another one? I stopped 4 consecutive rebounds in one play the other day, didn't manage to keep it out of the net anyway.

Fitting, I played '15 last night for the first time in months. A regular group of friends and I would get together and play whole evenings in years past. It all ended with '15 being such poo. Basically none of us gave a shit anymore so we started going out to watch games, have dinner etc. instead.

Last night we were all kinda drunk and fired it up. Owner had to look for it. So we update everything, configure shit, I check Operation Sports to see general consensus on settings for realistic fun... we made it three games in lol. Three. Its such fucking ass. Its not even that we were raging or anything... just no one wanted to keep playing. Its not fun.

I have hope for '16. I think they know they fucked up due to the recent fan survey. I'm cautious with my optimism though. Much as I really miss NHL game nights and BAGM, there's no fucking way I'm ever going in blind again. I just dont even know if any of my buddies will buy it either now so I can test. The demo they release isn't much. Game is really just a HUT cash grab now. Long as those guys give them money the rest won't matter much. At least it got trashed enough in reviews for them to take notice.

Yes I'm bitter. I miss NHL gaming. I really do. Other than massive RPGs its the game I've spent the most time in. Hundreds and hundreds of hours easily. Fuck you, EA!

I have hope for '16. I think they know they fucked up due to the recent fan survey. I'm cautious with my optimism though. Much as I really miss NHL game nights and BAGM, there's no fucking way I'm ever going in blind again. I just dont even know if any of my buddies will buy it either now so I can test. The demo they release isn't much. Game is really just a HUT cash grab now. Long as those guys give them money the rest won't matter much. At least it got trashed enough in reviews for them to take notice.

Yes I'm bitter. I miss NHL gaming. I really do. Other than massive RPGs its the game I've spent the most time in. Hundreds and hundreds of hours easily. Fuck you, EA!
I think you are being naively optimistic. It is a pretty small team and NHL 16 will probably be NHL 15 with a few bugs fixed and a bunch of the missing features from NHL 14 put back into the game.

And if they try to fix up a mode, they'll probably focus on the HUT mode because it is a cash grab.

I have very little faith in it improving much. With no NHL 2Kn providing them with competition, I think they've taken their foot off the accelerator and shrunk the NHL dev team.

I hate the skating engine. The players feel like they are skating through molasses.

What's everyone opinion on the 2K Hockey Games because I just bought like 2K9 for a freaking buck. So far I think its pretty good.

I've always been a fan of them since I like the animation & skating engine much more. But people loved the EA skill stick.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
I'd say more likely he's like "you're giving me this bullshit penalty for wearing a track suit? Fuck this team I'm getting surgery, not worth playing injured and risking getting more injured for a team that obviously doesnt want me"

We have an anti-vaxxer in this thread? No fucking way. ACID SET YOUR PEOPLE STRAIGHT DAMNIT.

kane wore a track suit, Byfugliene didnt like it so he put his clothes in the shower. Kane freaked out a byfugliene and left the arena. Kane was suppose to play the game but did not report when he was supposed to for he game, about a half hour before the game started Kane finally picked up his phone and had a screaming match with the coach and general manager, so he sat him out. Kane knows his time is up and he is no longer a jet so him getting surgery is in response to the things he was dealing with in the locker room, he is going to get a paycheck and be dealt when healthy

trifelife

I put TP in the bowl prior to dumping.

How much, and why... you know it's meant to disintegrate in water right? ...or do you mean on the rest of the bowl?

I'm so confused.

Also... apropos of nothing, this is the greatest "thirsty" gif ever

dkhlU0Y.gif

Buddy's definitely reptilian

zroid

Banned
kane wore a track suit, Byfugliene didnt like it so he put his clothes in the shower. Kane freaked out a byfugliene and left the arena. Kane was suppose to play the game but did not report when he was supposed to for he game, about a half hour before the game started Kane finally picked up his phone and had a screaming match with the coach and general manager, so he sat him out. Kane knows his time is up and he is no longer a jet so him getting surgery is in response to the things he was dealing with in the locker room, he is going to get a paycheck and be dealt when healthy

Should deal him now. Get some useful pieces from a team that's trying to tank.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Should deal him now. Get some useful pieces from a team that's trying to tank.

I dont know how it would work may not get a lot for a player on IR and is out for 4-6 months, may be better to deal him right when he becomes healthy

zroid

Banned
I dont know how it would work may not get a lot for a player on IR and is out for 4-6 months, may be better to deal him right when he becomes healthy

Well the Jets will definitely get a bit less value for him now, but they'll also get guys who will keep them in the playoff race. The Jets are good this year but as you know it's a tough division.

Can you even deal players on IR?

I believe so yes

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
You can trade Injured players.... The team just needs to be completely aware of it.

Otherwise there's a chance the trade will be cancelled and the trading team fined

And as far as I know.... You can trade players on the LTIR, you're just not allowed to move them through your own system.... Ie waivers, minors

But that was current of last CBA... Things may have been changed thanks to the leafs /tbl olaf kolzig trade

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
NHL 2K was the most fun sim hockey game I've played. It's sad the later ones weren't that great and NHL killed it.

I miss the old version where it was a bit slower paced and you used the right analog to 'hit hard/get a penalty'. I had it installed on my PS2 and with the quicker load times it was heaven.

NHL HITZ is my number 2 especially NHL HITZ Pro. It's too bad they can't just take the core of hat and build on it.

NHL...I'm not even sure what they want to be at this point. They're going the route of F2P while still charging a full price for it.

On topic, I just want teams to start making more trades. While I'm for parity and not having a team spend 2 or 3 times as much on players, I'm also not a fan of poor GM decisions handicapping competitiveness. I'm not sure why the league can't institute compliance buyouts every 2-3 years or so. It might only benefit the richer teams, but make it so that they have to give up a draft pick then or make them pay 1.5 times the amount of the contract and the extra goes to the league to help increase cap or revenue for the future. SOMETHING. If there's one thing I miss about the older era, it's the news about trades and seeing how players on a new team can make a difference.

Yes. Fuck, Clarkson! >=[

Samyy

NHL 2K was the most fun sim hockey game I've played. It's sad the later ones weren't that great and NHL killed it.

I miss the old version where it was a bit slower paced and you used the right analog to 'hit hard/get a penalty'. I had it installed on my PS2 and with the quicker load times it was heaven.

NHL HITZ is my number 2 especially NHL HITZ Pro. It's too bad they can't just take the core of hat and build on it.

NHL...I'm not even sure what they want to be at this point. They're going the route of F2P while still charging a full price for it.

On topic, I just want teams to start making more trades. While I'm for parity and not having a team spend 2 or 3 times as much on players, I'm also not a fan of poor GM decisions handicapping competitiveness. I'm not sure why the league can't institute compliance buyouts every 2-3 years or so. It might only benefit the richer teams, but make it so that they have to give up a draft pick then or make them pay 1.5 times the amount of the contract and the extra goes to the league to help increase cap or revenue for the future. SOMETHING. If there's one thing I miss about the older era, it's the news about trades and seeing how players on a new team can make a difference.

Yes. Fuck, Clarkson! >=[

Will happen right around the deadline, the longer they wait the lower the cap hit I believe.

calder

Don't think i'm going to watch the game tonight, I just installed my new GTX 970 and I'm giddily maxing out all the old PC games I used to play on medium. The upgrade from my old Radeon 7770 is... significant.

calder

I'm not sure about exaggerated, I think it's pretty clear nvidia was being purposely misleading about the specs. But the card is still such a good price/performance fit it was hard to not pick it. The extreme efficiency was the kicker for me, being able to get a new card without replacing my power supply was a big factor. Nvidia being kinda scummy is sadly pretty typical for them anyway.

The 3.5g thing won't be as much of an issue for me as my monitors are only 1080p anyway.

Top Bottom